[Verified by Sentinel] Bear

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, all the character sheets are kept for player characters. Feel free to come on in, browse the forum, look at what sort of characters others have created, and then begin your very own!

Moderator: Liaisons

Bear

Postby Bear on November 14th, 2012, 8:07 pm

ImageImage
Basic Information
Race: Zith
Birthday & Age : 88th of Fall, 504 AV; age 8 (Zith-years)

Character Concept
Bear isn't a typical Zith, lacking the energetic, somewhat chaotic nature of her siblings. She isn't proactively searching for fights although she does hunt for survival, and is more accustomed to trying to do something herself rather than having a slave do it for her. While she still has had a slave or two in her lifetime, Bear let them free after they fufilled their purpose. At the same time, she is still passionate about the hunt and in no way emotionless. She's simply much less spontaneous than her kin.

As far as personality goes, Bear is mild and reserved for a Zith. She's used to being alone, but she isn't lonely. The loss of her children is saddening, but she doesn't cry or mourn. Bear's emotions are there, they're just brief.

Bear is interested in anything having to do with death including recovery from injury, possibly as a way to deal with the loss of her sister and children, and understand why her siblings enjoy murder so much.

Character History
This Zith was born in Xy in Fall, her twin sister that she shared the womb with dieing after only a week of living due to breathing troubles. Although Bear has no memories of her sister, her sister's death still impacted her by leaving her as the youngest in her colony. She had no one to play or learn with as her other siblings were so much older that they were only interested hunting and fighting. By her second birthday, Bear had failed to show any of the violent traits that her siblings had shown, and her mother feared that she may never develop correctly. Her colony had also recognized the lack of bloodlust and she was soon treated as the runt of the pack.

Not wanting her daughter to be singled out, Bear's mother took her away from the colony a short while after turning two. She didn't tell her sons or daughters where she took Bear, fearing that eventually their lust for blood may blind them enough to harm their sister just because of her weakness. The young Zith grew up in a cave half a day's flight away from Xy until she was six, her mother accompanying her as needed to help her learn the basics of survival. After six, Bear attempted to start a small colony of her own, becoming pregnant twice. Her first pregnancy ended after only a handful of days from a miscarriage, and although she delivered two twins at the end of her second pregnancy, one boy and one girl, both were extremely ill and refused to eat properly.

Although Bear could have stayed with her mate that had chosen to take another to sire children, she left, lacking a desire to raise slaves and unable to have children. The Zith is in search of answers to her questions. Why can't she bear children and why is she different from her kind? Are there others like her?

Physical Description
ImageThis Zith is 4"7 and covered with dark gray fur all-over, her arms and elbows having thicker, black fur. At 8, she isn't considered an adult yet and still hasn't fully grown, her face still appearing to be maturing from her late teens. She has evidence of her two pregnancies, weighing 110 pounds due to never losing all of weight she gained from her last pregnancy, not very heavy but still larger than most other female Zith's her height. If you look beneath the thick fur covering her torso and legs you may spot stretch marks on her inhumanly pale skin every now and then.

The hair atop her head is deep black in color with a few strands of her father's dark blue showing in sunlight (which doesn't happen often, considering she usually goes out during the afternoon at the earliest.) It hangs to her shoulders, thick in texture and bound tight with a scrap of clothing. Her eyes are black with just the faintest glint of yellow when exposed to bright light.

Past Colony and Encounters

Skills
Survival
Unarmed Combat (Zith) 15 SP
Armed Combat (Ax) 15 SP
Detection 15 (10 RB, 4 SP, 1 XP)
Hunting 16 SP
Social
Life

Lore
Cultural
Zith Traditions SP
Life
Losing a Child SP
Faith
The Damned Stars
Survival
Languages
Fluent in Zithanese - "My colony had two members when I left, but it would have had six, not including myself, if I'd given birth to healthy children."
Basic knowledge of Common - "My colony is much small when I left. Should be much big, but my body is sick. I cannot bear."
Poor knowledge of Pavi - Has no idea how to compose a sentance in Pavi, only knows a few words that would be shouted in panic or battle.

Equipment and Possessions
Fur cloak
1 Waterskin
Harness which contains:
Bone comb
Food for a week
Flint & Steel

Heirloom:
Battleaxe (bone), carved by her partner as a gift. Although it isn't terribly fancy or perfectly crafted, the battleaxe is still usable for it's basic use as a weapon. There are four simple lines carved onto the handle in remembrance for her four lost children.

Ledger
500 gm (cashed-in housing)

Thread List
512 AV
Fall
53rd, A Shine in the Night: +1 Detection, The Damned Stars
53rd, The Woven Gate, Kalinor
...continued: Welcome to Kalinor (?)
Last edited by Bear on November 14th, 2012, 8:50 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Bear
Motherhood is a woman's greatest right.

Words: 12952
Joined roleplay: November 5th, 2012, 1:22 am
Race: Zith
Character sheet
Plotnotes