The Temple of Crossroads

Ronan has a strange dream, and a choice must be made.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Herein lies the realm of dreams, where dreamers who are scattered all over the world in the physical can come together in the mysterious world of dreams. Remember, unless one is a Dreamwalker, there is no control over dreams. Ever. Anything can happen, and by threading a dream, you are subject to whomever can walk dreams and the whims of Storytellers.

The Temple of Crossroads

Postby Ronan on January 25th, 2013, 1:24 pm

Ronan could sense Semele's anger. Her head shook, shame burgeoning in cool, earthen eyes. He looked back up at her apologetically.

"No... I suppose not. That is... that is the definition of Pavilion. Family. Unity. Bonds."

Bonds. He had never been good with them. Never. He got too close, or he burned them. There was no middle ground, only a tenuous balance between birth and destruction. Always.

"Thank you, my Lady. Thank you. Self sacrifice... I had thought that a worthy cause once. But change is the crux. Change or die. We bend, or we break."

He nodded.

The clock ticked. One final chime. One final movement. Blackness swallowed everything whole again, until Ronan gasped awake. A cold sweat had taken him, and he pulled his blankets tighter, sitting up.

Change or die.

Bend or break.

It was not only his own life that depended on that. There was no room for martyrs in this new world.
Ronan
Nomadic Soul

Words: 305663
Joined roleplay: June 28th, 2011, 9:39 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)