Completed Webs and Wolves [Hisoka]

Vlodaru helps a runaway slave

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Encompassing a vast wilderness filled with flora and fauna of immense proportions, the Northern Reaches include all the Talderian Forest north of the Suvan and stretch into the vast permanent tundra and ice fields outside Avanthal.

Webs and Wolves [Hisoka]

Postby Vlodaru Ceiba on November 24th, 2012, 4:28 am

Vlodaru was somewhat amazed with the speed at which she devoured the food. At her question he stood and took a step back. He crossed his right hand over to the opposite shoulder. And with an elegance no human could imitate, he bowed and introduced himself.

"My name is Vlodaru Ceiba." He knelt down and stretched his long out to hers slowly. "And what may I call you?"

He smiled again, hoping to calm the poor girls nerves. Her master must have been ruthless for her to be this scared.
Vlodaru Ceiba
Player

Words: 12530
Joined roleplay: November 19th, 2012, 10:51 am
Race: Symenestra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Webs and Wolves [Hisoka]

Postby Hisoka on November 24th, 2012, 5:10 am

Hisoka allowed a small smile. "My name is... Hisoka..", she replied. Watching him for a few moments more, she stood up, glancing outside, saw that evening had fallen. "Ah... I slept for so long..." They must be gone, she thought to herself, relaxing visibly.

Turning her gave back on him, she asked, "...Why are you... here? Where are you from..?"
Looking around her, she found a seemingly comfortable spot among the larger rocks in the cave, settling on one. While she waited for his answer, she began to groom her hair, combing it through with her fingers, picking out tangles, though there weren't many, since her hair had a somewhat silky quality to it.
Though she seemed much more relaxed, she did not let on that she was still wary of the this stranger, Vlodaru. She would wait until he was more comfortable, before asking what he was, or until he revealed it to her himself, for she was a very curious creature.

Hoping to get some threads started!
Hisoka
Player

Words: 32406
Joined roleplay: November 4th, 2012, 11:43 pm
Blog: View Blog (2)
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Webs and Wolves [Hisoka]

Postby Vlodaru Ceiba on November 24th, 2012, 6:23 am

"Hisoka... Your name reflects your beauty." Vlodaru beamed a bright smile. He was delighted that this strange creature, this Kelvic, was finally relaxed. He sat down in front of her, crossing his legs. He folded his hands in front of him as he spoke.

"Just traveling through really. I love seeing the world." He tilted his head back and closed his eyes, picturing all the places he has seen. "But right now I'm returning to my home in Kalinor."

He glanced down at the apple that had fallen out of his pocket earlier. He smiled and reached down to pick it up. He then rubbed it clean on his shirt sleeve before taking another small bite.

"And if I may ask, Sibeaka, how did you do that before? Your transformation I mean." His face was polite, yet deeply curious. "In all my travels, I have never seen anything like it."
Vlodaru Ceiba
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Webs and Wolves [Hisoka]

Postby Hisoka on November 24th, 2012, 6:34 am

Kalinor, she thought. If she had been in her lupine form, he Voldaru would have seen her ears flick and swivel. Finished grooming her hair, she watched as he picked up the apple.

To his question, she replied, "I was born able to... Kelvics are supposed to be able to change from animal to human.", her voice coming to her much more easily. "Mother told me that Kelvics were created by a mage who wanted..... com...companions...? Yes, companions, and so he transformed animals into humans.", she told him, smiling proudly, proud that she spoke with less mistakes, and that she still retained that knowledge, for generally, Kelvics found human qualities foreign, and mostly uninteresting.

He called her something that caught her attention.
Tilting her head, curious, she asked, "...What is "Sibeaka"..?"

Hisoka
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Webs and Wolves [Hisoka]

Postby Vlodaru Ceiba on November 24th, 2012, 6:51 am

He listened intently as she spoke. She stuttered slightly, but he was convinced her voice was fine. It was not that anything was wrong with her, she simply did not know the words. In fact, a lot of things about this girl reminded him of a child.

Vlodaru was surprised by her question. Did I really call her Sibeaka? He thought back momentarily. The honorifics of his language came naturally to him, so he had not realized that he said it.

"Sibea-," he began, "Is an honorific in the language of my people. It is a word that is put before a young girls name. It is to imply great beauty." He looked down, somewhat embarrassed as he explained. Vlodaru smiled awkwardly, his amethyst eyes searching her for any sign of awkwardness on her part.
Vlodaru Ceiba
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Webs and Wolves [Hisoka]

Postby Hisoka on November 24th, 2012, 7:05 am

Perhaps unknown to Vlodaru, she had been born in the winter of 510 AV, and was there for nearing the age of two. Only her human appearance was that of an older age, which often confounded those who met Kelvics, for it was not solely Hisoka who was effected by this.

Hisoka, who believed that the moon, the wind, and the night were beautiful, was delighted by this. She smiled warmly, "Thank you," she said, admiring his eyes, "You are beautiful too.", she replied, completely unaware of her company's awkwardness. She still had many things to learn.

Genuinely curious, she asked, "... What are you..? You look human... but you do not smell like them..."
Hisoka's gaze was full of interest, her attention focused on him. She had never met anything like him. "H-how do you... walk...? Walk up there...?", she asked, pointing to the ceiling of the cave. She looked at his feet, and noticed they were bare, and worn from travel. "Do your feet ...hurt?", she asked him, peeking into his eyes.

Hisoka
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Webs and Wolves [Hisoka]

Postby Vlodaru Ceiba on November 24th, 2012, 7:40 am

Vlodaru smiled, flattered by her compliment. He laughed softly. No person non-Symenestra had ever called him beautiful. Most people despised and mistrusted him, convinced he was only there to steal away their women. Her next question confirmed his suspicion that she knew nothing of his kind. He decided he would leave out the more sinister parts of his race.

"I am Symenestra." He sat up straighter as he spoke, proud of his race, no matter how mistrusted. "We are a people who resemble spiders, in much the same way your kind resembles wolfs. While we do not change our form, we are born with certain abilities that we share with spiders. One of which is our ability to walk on walls." He grinned as he stood to demonstrate.

He walked slowly toward the wall of the cave. As the wall curved up, Vlodaru never missed a beat. He continued walking untill he was standing completely upside down. He gazed downward at her, standing as normally as if he were still on the ground.

"We also have a quite potent venom." His thickly accented voice was still strong with pride as he opened his mouth and extended his fangs for her to see. He slowly began to retract them as he continued. His words slightly distorted by his teeth as they returned to normal. "And no Sibeaka, my feet are quite fine."

He dropped down, turning in the air to land on his feet. Looking back to her, he held out his hand. "Come closer, please. I want you to feel something. Rub your hand across my palm." His eyes bore into hers with a mix of excitement and genuine good spirit. After all, it wasn't every day he could show off for a pretty young girl.
Vlodaru Ceiba
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Webs and Wolves [Hisoka]

Postby Hisoka on November 24th, 2012, 8:01 am

Hisoka noticed that he said that her kind resembled wolves, which was in fact, not entirely correct. "Umm... Vlodaru..? Kelvics are not only wolves... they can be any animal, squirrel, cat, dog, bear, bird.. any.", she said with a half smile.

Hisoka observed as he walked up the wall of the cave, and tilted her head back to see him, her hair streaming away from her face. Her mouth widened into a smile as she again, saw witnessed is fangs, pleased that he seemed friendly, and was a predator like her. Even more so that he wasn't one of the predators hunting her.

She watched as he demonstrated, eyes wide with admiration. Spiders..., she thought with awe, little web-creatures...
Hisoka reached out her hand towards his, hesitant at first, then more determined, she placed it gently in his. Slowly, she moved her hand across his, fascinated by what she felt. "What...what is it?", she asked curiously.

Hisoka
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Webs and Wolves [Hisoka]

Postby Vlodaru Ceiba on November 24th, 2012, 8:19 am

"That, Sibeaka, was how I do it." His smile broadened. "Symenestra are born with tiny hairs on our hands and feet that let us scale any surface!" He spread his arms out for dramatic effect.

"You say Kelvics can become any animal? How many different Kelvics do you know?" He decided to take a chance and sat against the wall next to her. But he kept his spear close. He did not like being in a foreign land without his weapon close by.

He was beginning to truly like this girl. It was odd for him, really. He usually did not take to other, non-Symenestra so easily. But there was something different about this one. Something he couldn't quite put his finger on. But right now it didn't matter. Enjoying his time with this strange wolf girl in a cave was far better than freezing out in the wilderness. As he looked into her eyes, thunder rumbled outside the cave, and it grew darker outside. A cold wind blowing through the cave.
Vlodaru Ceiba
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Webs and Wolves [Hisoka]

Postby Hisoka on November 24th, 2012, 8:33 am

Hisoka nodded, "Any animal... Not that I've talked to them... but I've seen some... before...", she looked down.
Shaking her head slightly, she looked up again, smiling. "Amazing!", she exclaimed when he explained how his kind were able to move up vertically, and even upside down.

As he sat beside her, she felt a cold wind, shivering slightly. Though her overly large clothes were quite warm, and though Vlodaru was in a position that blocked some of it, she still shivered from it's coolness. My fur would be much warmer, she thought to herself. She wrapped her arms around, hugging herself, and brought her knees up to her chest. Though she generally did not mind the cold, it sometimes caught her, unpleasantly by surprise.

Her ears, hearing enhanced by being a wolf Kelvic, were a bit overwhelmed by the sound of the thunder, resonating ever so slightly, off the cave's wall, so much so that she covered them, wincing.

Hisoka
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

PreviousNext