Open Docking; A New Beginning

Aled arrives in Zeltiva alone and confused.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

Docking; A New Beginning

Postby Aled Verthi on November 23rd, 2012, 10:29 pm

80th of Fall, 512AV

Docking; A New Beginning

The merchant ship slowly pulled into the pier, finally making dock in Zeltiva after it's prolonged venture. Aled waited patiently as the few other passengers made their way onto the docks as the ship's crew hurriedly began work on unloading it's hold. He made his way off the boat behind a woman carrying a young child who reminded him somewhat of himself at a younger age. As Aled stepped onto the docks he stumbled momentarily, not yet adapted to being on solid ground again. As he regained his balance and looked around the docks he could see sailors and dock workers alike running to and fro in a precise and refined fashion. Each knew where to go and what to do as if their life so depended on it. Even the few passangers who had arrived with Aled were already off and on their way into the city. It seemed everyone but Aled knew what they were supposed to be doing. He felt lost and alone for the first time since Vyrus had died two years ago. Slowly he made his way to the side of the docks and leaned himself against a barrel and sat silently for a while watching the busybodies at work.

Having the time to relax was fun, but Aled knew he'd have to find a place to stay before dark or risk camping outside the city walls. On top of finding shelter he'd soon have to find a job to support himself, since the long trip to Zeltiva had left him with a meager 100 gold mizas. A strange new city with strange new people, all something Aled would soon have to grow accustomed to if he ever planned on surviving here. Tired of thinking so much, Aled lifted himself up and made his way into the city. As he walked the streets he observed the buildings, streets, and people to try and fit in with the local people. What he needed was to find someone familiar with the city, but despite them being all around him, he made no move to learn the local customs and just continued his walk aimlessly through the streets.

"What gives the artist real prestige is his imitators."
Aled Verthi
-- Black Jester --

Words: 11293
Joined roleplay: November 23rd, 2012, 12:35 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Docking; A New Beginning

Postby Tabitha Sweetsong on November 24th, 2012, 10:51 am

Tabby likes to walk around town. The hustle and bustle of people about their everyday chores is inspiring towards her song writing. Walking along she noticed a stray cat being chased out of a shop by an angry shopkeeper and smiled. It was the small things that sometimes made her happy. She passed a small bakery with someone sweeping the floor. Some kids were playing with marbles on the side of the road. It was a typical day in Zeltiva. Tabby wasn't watching where she was going very well because she bumped into someone and was knocked to the ground; "I am so sorry" she said worried that she may have hurt him.

OOC :
I'm sorry it's so short. :P In case you didn't catch on the guy she bumped into is you.
Last edited by Tabitha Sweetsong on November 25th, 2012, 8:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tabitha Sweetsong
The Bard

Words: 10633
Joined roleplay: November 17th, 2012, 9:10 am
Character sheet

Docking; A New Beginning

Postby Aled Verthi on November 24th, 2012, 3:09 pm

Aled's pace began to slow more and more as he pressed deeper into the city. The busy city hadn't seemed to calm too much leaving Aled to wonder if Zaltevia ever slept. As he walked past a few more shops he leisurely let his gaze slip upward as he walked. The sun was still high enough, gently rolling behind a few soft clouds. At least I have plenty of daylight left, he thought as the sun warmed his face. Aled enjoyed the brief warmth as he strolled through the streets when suddenly he felt a dull strike in his chest, sending him stumbling back slightly. He immediately tightened up and prepared to defend himself as he did on the brutal streets of Nyka, but his actions were met only with the stare of short, brown haired girl lying on the ground in front of him.

Confused at the unusual sight, Aled stood there with both the look of shock and the stance of a fighter plastered all over him. It wasn't until then girl apologized that he realized they had ran into each other. He wasn't in Nyka anymore, a casual walk wouldn't be met with a bloody fight, but this was something he'd certainly have to get used to. Dropping his tensed pose, Aled extended a hand to help the girl up,
"no need to apologize, it was just as much my fault as yours. I should have been paying more attention instead of daydreaming like that." The girl didn't seem too far off from Aled's age and though her personality certainly seemed different, almost relaxed. "Sorry again, my name is Aled. Aled Verthi. I've only just arrived here in Zeltiva and I guess I was taken in by the surroundings a bit."

Aled Verthi
-- Black Jester --

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Docking; A New Beginning

Postby Tabitha Sweetsong on November 25th, 2012, 3:38 am

Tabby took the mans hand and pulled her self up. "Thank you", she said to the man. He couldn't be much older than her and he seemed nice enough so far. Tabby dusted herself down and stuck her hand out in a handshake gesture; "Well hi Aled, my name is Tabitha, but you can just call me Tabby. I've lived here all my life and I'm still taken in by this beautiful city." she laughed. It wasn't every day she had the chance to have a friendly conversation with people, she generally kept to herself, but when presented with the opportunity she was eager to talk. "So what brings you here to Zeltiva, Aled?" she said walking away gesturing for him to follow.
Last edited by Tabitha Sweetsong on November 25th, 2012, 8:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tabitha Sweetsong
The Bard

Character sheet

Docking; A New Beginning

Postby Aled Verthi on November 25th, 2012, 4:31 am

The short girl accepted his aid and Aled helped her back to her feet. He stood there as she took the time to dust herself off from the fall before continuing. He stood there for a moment as she managed this remedial chore all the while watching her smallest movements. Aled noticed that no one around had stopped for or even taken notice to the two running into one another. He assumed she'd be as hurried as the others and would be on her way as soon as she was content with the condition of her clothing; however, as soon as she was finished she extended her hand with a polite smile. Aled returned the greeting as she introduced herself. Tabby, a local resident. Maybe she'll know where I can find somewhere to stay for the night. He smiled gently back at her,"hey, do you happen to-" he was cut off as she began to walk away and gesture him to follow behind her. What's she playing at, he wondered as he watched her still smiling and gesturing for him to follow. Eventually he gave in and cautiously began to follow her to their unknown destination.

Aled Verthi
-- Black Jester --

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Docking; A New Beginning

Postby Tabitha Sweetsong on December 6th, 2012, 6:06 am

Tabby slowed down so Aled could catch up, "You were saying something?" Tabby said as she'd noticed him cut his sentence short. "I don't usually meet many foreigners, where do you come from?", Tabby was getting curios again, like a little child. I had better not ask too many questions otherwise I might make him feel uncomfortable Tabby thought to herself.

Secret :
So sorry for the really really long wait, I've been having a lot of stuff going on the keeps me busy. Also, once again, sorry for the shortness. Better late than never. ^_^
Tabitha Sweetsong
The Bard

Character sheet