It's Pavi Time (Viper, Khida)

Gin and Khida get some lesson's in Pavi.... hopefully

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Not found on any map, Endrykas is a large migrating tent city wherein the horseclans of Cyphrus gather to trade and exchange information. [Lore]

Moderator: Gossamer

Postby Ginchoeri on November 24th, 2012, 11:29 pm

Day of the 53rd of Fall 512 AV

She was scolding herself on the inside, who in her right mind would go out in this storm other than her? She had to move though, her harp in it's leather case tucked in her the knook of her the arm of which she injured it's hand. It was getting to the point were she could not even sit in her tent without getting wet anyways. But this was nuts, she could barely see in front of her, and neither could others she noticed, since she kept on running into people.

Appologies were exchanged each time and they'd go on their separate ways. Even with her hood up, her hair felt soaked through. She shivered, this was the wildest storm she had ever seen. Though that probably ment little when she was only 4 years of age in reality.

She tripped more then once, thankfully graceful enough to catch herself. She walked fast, not really knowing where she was going, but knew where she was aiming for. She wanted to reach the stables she so often visited. Not that you could really call them stables. But that is what she called them, cause it was simpler that way.

She could hear horses not to far off in the direction she was walking, and unintentionally she sped up a bit. But what she did not expect was to bump into someone she knew very well. She ran into him full force, forcing herself not to curse, she grabbed his wrist with her right hand, and pulled him back towards her so that he did not fall face first into the mud.

She tried to see who it was, but all she could make sense of was a cloak and that it was indeed a man. "I.. I am sorry? Did I hurt you?" She was sincerely concerned, even though she did not know that it was someone she truely cared for.

Ginchoeri
Player

Words: 132404
Joined roleplay: August 11th, 2011, 1:54 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Viper on November 25th, 2012, 1:53 am

Viper was about to mount up, when Gin had plowed into him and nearly knocked him over. Thank the gods, she grabbed his wrist. That would have been...most unfortunate. The sound of the voice apologizing captured his attention before he could get upset. He turned around and held his hand up to his forhead to shield his eyes from the rain. A wide smile flashed across his face as he came to realize who it was. Why he'd recognize that blue dress and red cloak anywhere.

"Well if it isn't my Gin." His expression was warm and loving. He gave a quick chuckle before wrapping her in a hug. "What in the gods names are you doin' out here? Ya know, there's a small storm goin' on right now don't ya." He laughed again as he waited her response.
Viper
Victory is mine!

Words: 185303
Joined roleplay: October 26th, 2012, 1:39 am
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet

Postby Ginchoeri on November 25th, 2012, 2:09 am

If the voice, and the way the man adressed her was not any indication, then the warm and pleasing hug deffinately was the descovering factor for her. She shivered and wrapped her right arm around him in a sweet hug and giggled a bit in a bit of giddy happiness. So this was why she insisted on coming here, her instincts had told her specifically to come here for this reason. She thanked Mizahar momentarily and then decided to answer him.

"Of course I know.. It.. it was just.. I had a feeling.. that I should come here.. that maybe.. I would see you." She blushed lightly, it was not a lie at all, though she may be stretching the truth a little bit to make it seem a little more romantic, she felt it true enough.

"And what about you?" She adjusted her still bandaged hand under her cloak, failing to keep it dry in this nasty downpour. "Why are you out here, there is no way you could ride in this!" She looked at him, yelling over the sound of pouring rain.

Someone who could not see in the rain ran into her, bumping her into Viper. The lady appologized but kept going. Gin looked up at Viper, her hood falling back, her face flushed, and rain splattering on her face. "I missed you." She whispered and leaned in to give him a deep and loving kiss. Her right hand clutching at his chest.

Ginchoeri
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Viper on November 25th, 2012, 4:13 am

He smirked as she mentioned she came here just to see him, the warm glow inside she always brought him when she was near growing warmer with each passing moment.. "Well I'm certainly glad ya did. Best part of my day so far! But you really should stay inside, you'll catch a death out here." When she inquired about his reason for being out here, he looked up at the sky and blinked a few times as rain pelted his face. "Well I still thought about going...but this is a bit much even for me. I was actually on my way to my family's pavilion to see if I could leave Aeyan with them for the worst of the storm. Just didn't seem right leavin' him out in the rain while I remained nice and warm in my tent. At least then, both of us could be sheltered."

It was then a clumsy woman bumped Gin into him. Reflexively, his head darted toward the offender, and he frowned. The person quickly apologized however, and speedily continued on. He turned back toward Gin and saw her beautiful face, now uncovered, being pelted with droplets from the heavens. Viper raised his hand and gently pushed aside a wet strand of hair as she leaned in and gave him another wonderful kiss. His own hands had slid to behind her back as he held her in a close embrace.

Eventually, he pulled away, though not to far. "And I you!" He paused for a moment just smiling and staring into her eyes, before he lifted her hood up and over her head again to keep the rain off....at least as much as was possible. "Ok now let's get Aeyan to my family's pavilion, and then I'll walk ya back to your tent. At least we can spend a little time together before I make you stay inside and warm." He laughed lightly as he helped Gin up onto Aeyan's back. Mounting up behind her, he took the reigns and urged Aeyan onward slowly. Not wanting to run anyone over by accident.

Eventually they made it to the Kelloch Pavilion. Viper halted Aeyan, under an overhang and dismounted. "Hang on one minute Gin. I'll be right back. This won't take but a second." He didn't give Gin a chance to ask to come along before he departed. It was obvious he didn't really want to stay here too long. As he approached the entrance, not to far away from Gin, he whistled another tune, similar to the one for Aeyan, but still noticeably different. Shadows on the wall of the pavilion begin to appear as a small group up people quickly move toward the entrance. "Aaden!" Gin can suddenly hear as a young woman jumps into Vipers arms. He laughed as he returned the hug and then pushed in toward the pavilion. The young woman looked over, seeing Gin. She paused for a moment before looking back to Viper and asking a question in Pavi. "Who's that?" Other questions soon followed by others out of view such as "Who's who?" and "How are ya son?" All spoken in Pavi though, and not the common tongue. Before he could reply to anything, he was inside the pavilion and out of earshot as the door closed behind him.

It wasn't very long at all, just as he had promised, before the door swung open again and Viper could be seen jogging back toward Gin. Grabbing the reigns, he led Aeyan, who still had Gin aloft, inside with the other family Striders. "Ok, here we go. Sorry for leavin' ya out here like that. If I had brought ya in there, we wouldn't have been goin' anywhere for a week!" He chuckled as he reached the enclosure Aeyan was to stay in, and held his hand up to help Gin down.
Viper
Victory is mine!

Character sheet

Postby Ginchoeri on November 25th, 2012, 2:08 pm

Gin just smiled as he got her up on Aeyan's back, by now she was used to him just doing what he wanted and throwing her up on Aeyan's back. She patted the horses neck, whispering appologies for having him travel in such horrible weather. She was scared that he might twist an ankle. So much mud everywhere. She herself had troubleon the way over. But they made it to what she assumed what his Pavillion safely.

When Viper got off, she wanted to come with him, but she still did not know how to get off the horse by herself. That would be something she would have to work on. Sighing, she leaned back tossing her hood back down, tired of it's soggy weight on her head. When she looked back up, she saw a young woman practically attack Viper with a hug. She chuckled at that. But what confused her is that she called him by a different name.

Aaden huh? She did not know if she should poke around and ask him about it or not. He probably will tell her in due time. She did not want to seem pushy. Not that she had not already been in different ways.

When the woman looked at her, she started speaking Pavi, and... so did the others. She tilted her head, trying to understand what was being said. They seemed to be inquiring about her but she could not be sure.. The only thing she was sure of was that someone said "Welcome home," and that more than once she heard the words "Brother," and "Son," she sighed. For as long as she had been here it was a wonder she did not know more of the language.

When he came back out her smile brightend. She held on for dear life with her single hand as he lead Aeyan. "if you had brought me in there..." she said as she grab his hand, letting him help her off, "I would not have been able to understand their barrage of questions I assume they started when that woman saw me." She chuckled, "Surprising actually since I've been here so long, I've learned barely any Pavi since coming here."

She sighed, "I should learn more..." She looked at him, "Would you be willing to teach me?"

Ginchoeri
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Viper on November 26th, 2012, 12:39 am

He was a little surprised when she mentioned she wouldn't have understood any of the questions since they were all spoken in Pavi. "Can ya not? Huh, well that's something we shall have to rememedy isn't it?" His smile graced his countenance again as he continued. "Of course I can teach you some Pavi." He secured Aeyan into the stall and began to walk with her outside "So is there anything in particular you'd care to learn...or are you just wanting to learn the language as a whole?"

They continued to talk while they walked through the rain to Gin's tent. Upon arriving Viper looked up and noticed a falcon perched above Gin's tent entrance. He cocked his head to the side a moment as he studied the bird. Why did he feel as though he had seen this predator before. He looked at Gin a moment and nodded toward the creature so she could see. It was then it dawned on him. He snapped his fingers. "Ha that's right. I have seen that bird before. It tried to snatch a fish out from under the vendors nose on my arriving back in Endrykas a few weeks back. Was a heck of a thing to see." He chuckled as he prepared to walk Gin the rest of the way to her tent.
Viper
Victory is mine!

Character sheet

Postby Ginchoeri on November 26th, 2012, 1:04 am

"Well," she started her responce, "I would like to know the language as a whole. I do know a few phrases here and there. But I do not know much else. I could pick out words here and there of what they were saying, but not many whole sentences."

She smiled a bit and continued to converse with him, walking next to him as they walked to her tent. A small smile on her face. Time passed by fast it seemed and they got to her tent in what seemed like no time at all.

When Viper pointed out the falcon, she tried to think of reasons why it would be there. She cocked her head to the side as Viper spoke of a time he had met the bird before. She knew she was not remembering something. Her eyes widened. She knew the bird as well, but not so much in this form but it's other form.

She laughed, the story was an interesting one but when he started to walk her into her tent she turned around and stopped him. "Hold on a moment." She turned around and walked over to the bird, "Khida, my friend, if I had known you were going to come I would not have gone out! But it is all for the better I guess. It just so happens that this man is someone who has been living all his life with Pavi. He will be able to teach you more than I could, and he would be teaching me as well." She smiled. Hoping Viper did not mind. Though he probably thought her crazy for talking to a bird.

She waited, and hoped she was really talking to Khida and that she would change forms, not that she really liked the idea that Viper would be seeing some other girl naked. Though she knew he probably had already had that experience. She did not really want it to happen in front of her.

Ginchoeri
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Khida on November 26th, 2012, 10:47 am

It was an altogether dreary, drippy, soggy day. A bad day for hunting, with everything else trying to wait out the rain; an unpleasant day for flying. Admittedly, it could have been worse: this rain wasn't enough to soak through her feathers. But Khida didn't have to like it.

His return a few days ago had reminded Khida of the other Kelvic's promise. The rain, which showed no signs of letting up any time soon, provided the rest of the incentive she had needed to seek out Ginchoeri's tent. That the woman herself was away didn't bother the falcon; she had patience, and no pressing need to be elsewhere. She would wait.

So Khida waited, perched atop the tent in question, until the white-haired woman returned. Gin came with someone else in tow, a Drykas man who seemed vaguely familiar. Then again, by now, practically half of the city seemed vaguely familiar to her. The peregrine tipped her head as Gin approached, listening to her words. She bobbed briefly, then dropped from the tentpole and glided down to the ground before the other Kelvic.

Ginchoeri did not convey her concerns, and Khida herself had no such compunctions. No more did the falcon land than she shifted forms, a swirl of gray-blue light leaving a dark-haired woman crouched in the bird's place. Straightening, Khida grimaced in distaste at the way the falling rain clung to her now-bare skin, one hand raising to futilely wipe drops from her arm. "I do not know how you can stand the rain," she remarked to the other Kelvic, she who seemed to prefer human form so. Granted, Ginchoeri was at least clothed. "We can do this now? I do not want to stay outside."
Spring threads: 2/5 .. | .. Season Goals .. | .. GradersMaxed skill: Observation.
Khida
Player

Words: 574944
Joined roleplay: April 14th, 2012, 11:14 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 4
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Viper on November 27th, 2012, 4:19 am

When Viper saw Gin walk toward the falcon he had mentioned and begin talking to it, and eyebrow raised. What in Cyphrus...he thought concernedly to himself. Course then the falcon soon responded, and he cocked his head to the side again, now totally confused. Either that was one extremely well trained pet that Gin just never mentioned...or...wait! Was this khida? also a Kelvic? The thought had barely crossed his mind, when the graceful predator swooped down as he walked up next to Gin. In a swirl of light, she quickly and without warning changed into her human form.

His eyes widened as this was the first time he had actually seen a Kelvic change forms. He thought back to the first time he took Gin out riding. She had changed to her horse form and saved his hide. But she did so when he was not looking. Now a rather fine looking woman by just about anyone's estimation it seemed to him, stood up stark naked before him. He couldn't help but stare for a moment before smirking at her comment. Butt naked in front of strangers, and the only thing that really seemed to bother her was the rain?

He almost laughed when he realized Gin was probably giving him stink eye for staring. He averted his eyes from Khida, as he took off his cloak and walked toward her. Wrapping her in his warm cloak to try and keep her semi warm as well as dry as possible, he held out his hand gesturing toward the tent. "Sure...Shall we ladies?" He turned toward Gin, only now seeing the expression on her face and trying to figure out what she must have been thinking.
Viper
Victory is mine!

Character sheet

Postby Ginchoeri on November 27th, 2012, 10:38 am

She forced a smile at first, but truely did smile at Khida's remark about the rain. But when she looked over to Viper, she could not help but frown and then glare at him. She knew it was the nature of men to stare at a naked woman, but upset her slightly, the way he stared, the smirk on his face, it all told her something she wished it did not.

But suddenly he laughed and turned his face away walking towards Khida. She could not figure out what he was doing until he took off his cloak and placed it on Khida, wrapping it around her. His gesture towards the tent went almost unseen by her. It was strange of her to be this way, jealous of them just standing together, she felt like she wanted to just hide. She had to admit, that that gesture made them look like a couple and not her and Viper.

He spoke and tried to hide the expression of jealousy and longing on her face. But she never was really good at that. So when their eyes met, she just let him see her feelings, as if they were spelled out on a piece of paper. She wanted him to never do that again, to not make her feel this way, but she knew that that was impossible. She would always be caustious, at least in the begining.

She looked away from him and walked to her tent, holding the flap open for both of them to walk through. When they were in, she herself walked in and sat down. It was a little cramped with three people in the tent, but bareable she thought. She looked to Khida, "So, how have you been fairing these days?" she thought she should at least act kind to Khida, it was not exactly directly her fault that she was feeling jealousy.

Ginchoeri
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Next