An Afternoon Adventure (Naomi)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Not found on any map, Endrykas is a large migrating tent city wherein the horseclans of Cyphrus gather to trade and exchange information. [Lore]

Moderator: Gossamer

Postby Nero Czan on May 30th, 2010, 7:39 pm

Nero braced himself for a charge, but once again, due simply to a lack of experience against these creatures, he had underestimated them. While he was still in the process of chambering his kick, the bat-like beast had already struck him. The Zith's wounds from earlier had deceived him through, and his aim became less than true. One of his claws pierced Nero's leg, although only cutting through muscle, another lay braced against the ground, and the other lay gripped in the rough leather interior of the studded gauntlet. Nero, now visibly grimacing with pain, and using the enemy as a means to stay balanced, kept his turned-vicious smirk as he brought up his other leg for a pounding round kick into his foe's ribs. The snapping of bone was audible, and, using his own momentum as propellant, and with the remainder of energy, he brought his disabled right arm up and around in a vicious right hook to the face. Blood squirted from various punctures, as the Zith's eyes went white, and the lifeless corpse fell to the ground. Nero looked back towards the surviving Zith, frantically crawling for his lost arm, thinking he could somehow reattach it. Nero walked over, glaring down at this pathetic beast, and with a swift, yet truthfully powerless kick, knocked the Zith unconscious.

Nero, content with his victory against numbers, collapsed on one knee, and began to shut out the pain. His teeth gritting like steel against steel, he spent a few moments laying on the soiled dirt, before mustering the strength to get up and move. He had applied enough pressure to subside the pain for a few minutes, at least while he got bandaged up. He looked over towards the tree, gave a reassuring smile, and throw a gauntleted, bloody, thumbs up, as he started to limp back, his hoarse voice shouting, "Sorry about the interruption! Think we should head back yet?".
Last edited by Nero Czan on May 31st, 2010, 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Image
Nero Czan
"Lead by Example, Protect by Force."

Words: 121734
Joined roleplay: November 28th, 2009, 2:44 pm
Blog: View Blog (2)
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet

Postby Naomi on May 30th, 2010, 8:00 pm

When Nero delivered the final blow, Naomi watched both creature's auras die. She stood and smiled, knowing that he had done well and bested the two. However, she could see the light surrounding him dim and brighten in waves. When he knelt, she quickly ran out to help him.

At his shout, she frowned and her eyes widened in worry. His voice was hoarse and, coupled with his aura, it was obvious that they would need to return to Endrykas as quickly as possible. "We need to head back right now." Naomi met him halfway and swiftly brought herself under his good arm, attempting to help him limp back.

When they reached the tree, she would help him sit next to the lake. "You wouldn't happen to have any bandages, would you?" Distraught, she grabbed his pack and dropped it next to them, beginning to remove any clothing that was stained red. "We'll need to wash you off and then wrap you up."

Naomi's face was serious, though caring and genuinely worried. She looked into his eyes and calmed somewhat, and gave him a sweet smile. "That was a very brave thing you did, Nero. Very stupid too, but I...well, outrunning them wouldn't have been an option, I suppose." She leaned forward and gave him a kiss on the cheek, not wanting to hold him and upset his wounds further. "Thank you."
Naomi
Player

Words: 35857
Joined roleplay: May 8th, 2010, 2:07 am
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Nero Czan on May 31st, 2010, 2:12 am

Nero smirked back at her as he lay against the bark, quietly panting. "Thanks aren't necessary. They did ruin our evening after all, it was the least I could do." He grimaced as a spike of pain ran up his leg, chuckling after it passed. He continued, "I definitely could've done better though... Those beasties were fast." He glanced down at his leg, carrying a decent sized hole in it. However, it looked near the edge, and he thought it should heal up fine. He was already regaining feeling in it, and the gods help him if he wasn't a persistent son of a gun. He flexed his left hand, noticing how shallow the cut on his arm actually was, and grinned at this personal victory. Well, at least one arm is still alright. He moved his right hand with some effort, but the arm was still numb from the shock, and he let it relax. With his good hand, he unstrapped his blood-soaked gauntlets, and picked out a roll of bandages from the pack, along with a small cut of bread. As if this was as good a time as any, he went about taking bites of the slice, a nonchalant demeanor arising. As he swallowed the last chunk, he smiled at her with his earlier cheery grin, "I should be the one thanking you, Naomi. Usually women aren't too eager to clean a blood-soaked man"

His somber and professional expression had vanished just as quickly as it came. With the worst of the pain gone, Nero could manage, and the same expression that came to him during the nature-walk returned, the thrill and passion running through his blood. As always, he had learned something. He knew the best ways to fight a Zith, and the worst ways. He could play out different scenarios using his limited knowledge of their movements, and plan accordingly. Intelligence was as sharp as the finest blade in his books, and it had served him well in the past.

He carried his gauntlets with him as he limped into the lake, Naomi at his side. He gently lowered himself into the cool water, a sting coming over him as the wound was submerged, but one easily bearable thanks to the remaining adrenaline. He laid back against the rock face behind him, chuckling to himself. "I just can't keep out of this lake, can I?" His laughter dying down, and his smile settling passively on his face, he looked at her face, sincere, yet also frightened. Her worry had pierced her smile when she came to him at first, but she seemed to relax by then. "I'm sorry... For worrying you. I tend to be a bit reckless, as much as I try otherwise." It was almost without thought that he had dashed out to attack those beasts. Sure they were Zith, but he realized that he would've done that with anything that had come out of those woods. Whether it be two of them, or two hundred. Naomi brought something out of him, something he had long lost. First his mother, and then Garm. Things had always been just out of his protecting arms. He had always hoped to be the savior, and here he was. A wounded leg and a bruised arm later, here he was...

"So, about the bandaging, be gentle with me." He flashed his playfully alluring smirk at her, somehow reassuring that everything was alright, and indeed, for once, it was.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Image
Nero Czan

Character sheet

Postby Naomi on June 1st, 2010, 7:38 pm

Naomi watched him grab the bandages and bread, a worried frown across her face. She took the bandages as he lowered himself into the lake, placing them just along the shore. She followed him in, removing her tunic again to keep it dry from water and blood. "Well," she said softly. "You need to be cleaned up before we even think about walking back. The stench of blood will gather animals."

As he laughed, she remained silent and thoughtful. Her mind returned to the Zith and began to create situations that would have followed a lost battle. Nero possibly would've been killed in anger, though probably taken back to the hive. She shuddered at the possibilities for her fate. Rape, murder, eaten alive...all very possible. Naomi looked at Nero with a smile, knowing this man had risked his life for her. She owed a debt.

"No, you weren't reckless," she dismissed him, moving closer. "You were very brave." She nuzzled his face with hers, obviously happy and thankful that he was alive. "Next time, though, try not to get hit, okay?" Giggling, she gave him a peck on the cheek before wading back to the shore, returning with the bandages.

"I'll try," she grinned and winked. "But I've never done this...a virgin, you know. So forgive me if I'm a little rough." She chuckled. "Now show me your wounds so I can patch you up."
Naomi
Player

Character sheet

Postby Nero Czan on June 1st, 2010, 9:53 pm

Almost as quickly as the battle had come upon him, Nero was back to his cheery, playful self. The blood-stained battleground had returned to a lovely evening at the lake, despite a few injuries. As Naomi rubbed her soft skin against his, yet another genuine smile swept across his face. Her giggle was a greater medicine than any doctor's drugs, and her touch even greater. Now, when she joined in on his semi-subtle innuendo, things got fun. Not even a good fight was better than some expertly executed flirting. However, there was a time and place for everything, and he thought his chances for a second date were above average by this point.

When she had came back, he snatched and set the bandages on the rock beside him, pulling her splashing into the water, her body pressed tightly against his. In one fluid movement that topped even the swift attacks of earlier, he had her engaged in yet another one of his passionate kisses. As he slowly withdraw, (His tongue unhappy to do so), he rested his head near her ear. In a tone that inflected nothing but pure sincerity and kindness, void of the usual flirtatious and happy-go-lucky tone, he whispered, "I'm glad you're alright Naomi...", before returning from this strange change of mood, and licking the tender spot behind her ear with a smirk.

As he released her from his tight, (And slightly erotic due to the circumstances), embrace, he laid his right arm on a sun-bathed slate of rock, the skin drying and easily becoming damp. "Well, go ahead, Nurse Naomi. The stage is yours." He chuckled as his smirk became partly smile, her beautiful and caring face, and body, bringing warmth to every corner of his flesh. He had chosen to get the easy job done first, giving him time to relax before getting his actual wound bandaged up. As she wrapped the white linen around his arm, he would give her a nice splash, his face turning innocent as she looked accusingly at him, but his guilty smile saying otherwise.

His arm was tightly wrapped and easy to manage now. The next task required some forethought... or perhaps none at all. Nero was a traditionally spontaneous fellow, but this could be a bit much. "Yeah..." He glanced down at his leg wound. It wasn't a terrible wound, maybe half an inch or so in diameter, and it was out of the way of any major obstacles, such as bones or tendons. The pain had subsided, and the numbing had relaxed a bit as well. Those were not the issue. The issue was... Location. The main claw had pierced through the inside of his upper thigh, the other talons creating tiny scratches along the side they had slipped, pushing the beast closer and off balance, which had given Nero a substantial advantage during the fight. Now however, there was a decision to be made. He could easily bandage himself, but he didn't want to seem rude, and he didn't want to ask her to do something she wasn't comfortable with. We have been skinny dipping all this time... What could possible go wrong? With a shrug, mostly aimed at himself, he carefully rose out of the water, sitting on the hot slate, (Which was quite relaxing by this point), and set his left leg out at an angle, revealing the wound, and something else not quite intended, or appropriate. He gave a cough and went on, "Yep. This should be interesting..."
Nero Czan

Character sheet

Postby Naomi on June 2nd, 2010, 2:53 am

Well, the kiss wasn't an actual surprise, but it had taken her off guard. Naomi let out a brief exclamation before his mouth and tongue silenced her. She took it in, smiling behind the passionate kiss and feeling her body light up with warmth. Her heart quickened with excitement, thumping at an incredible volume in her ears. When he withdrew, she found herself leaning forward for more, lips reaching for his. Immediately, though, she heard his voice. It's sincerity made her blush and her mouth curve into a smile. She promptly jerked away, however, when she felt his tongue behind her ear, giggling from the sensation.

And then she had been set to work. His wounds had caused her to frown, naturally, but she found the bandaging fairly simple. She had wrapped it tightly around his seemingly agonizing wound (she knew she would be fussing and crying everywhere had it been hers), applying plenty of pressure to keep the blood from spewing. It had taken a few tries to tie the linen in place due to her slippery fingers, but the end result seemed just fine. A flare of triumph erupted within her and she felt utterly ecstatic.

Until, of course, he rose out of the water and sat on the rock behind his seat. When he moved out his leg, she wasn't quite sure what to do. Though she couldn't see anything from her exact spot, she knew what her eyes would see once she drew closer to wrap his wound. Naomi hadn't exactly seen a naked man completely...well, I mean, they had been skinny dipping and she had seen a silhouette, but...

"Uh," she stuttered. Her cheeks flushed, head growing warm. Her stomach began to flutter, anxious. She grew hesitant, not quite sure if she should approach him. Pausing for a few chimes, she slowly drew closer, eyes avoiding his nether region, or at least trying her best. "Well, you did see me naked." She smiled, though it was obviously a nervous grin. "Only fair."

Naomi stood up to continue her bandaging work, eyes glancing. Seeing as she'd never seen a completely naked man, she was taken back. Curiosity came over her, as well as an intense blush. However, she did her best to look away and focus on the task at hand. Perhaps later.

When she finished, she gazed up at him and smirked. "You know, I think you got hit there on purpose." She promptly slid back into the water, propelling herself away from the rock to swim out in the open water for a chime or two.
Naomi
Player

Character sheet

Postby Nero Czan on June 2nd, 2010, 3:31 am

Nero had long ago learned to hide away any shreds of embarrassment that lingered within him. This was one of those rare moments when it was necessary. Although he did feel bad for the poor girl. He tried not to laugh, and instead just kept a casual smile as he watched her stutter, her face growing as red as berries. It was actually quite adorable. However, in the end, she did pull through for him. Now it became hard not to laugh. Her face was obviously and painfully focusing on the task at hand, her rosy cheeks as cute as ever, and even though he had long since shed his coyness, he felt a bit of anxiety sweep over his stomach as well. That ended when she finally caught a glimpse of his "mini-me." Her expression froze for a moment, before turning inquisitive and curious, and then quickly embarrassed again. He couldn't help but let out a laugh, his smile remaining all the same, "No need to be shy now. You're just helping a wounded man get back on his feet. We might get to that later." He didn't explain what that was, as he had a feeling he knew what her train of thought was going through right then. He let it slide there though, unwilling to further embarrass this beautiful maiden, whom he had saved from vicious beasts. Almost like a novel. What a demented novel this was.

As she finished the final layer, he smirked at her, giving a generous thumbs up. "Well done Nurse, I think I'll be better in no time!" He chuckled as she swiftly retreated, as a scurrying cat does. What a cute kitten you are... He slowly pushed himself towards the edge of the rock, letting his legs cool in the water, as he sat bathing in the sun. "And No, I did not get hit there on purpose. That swipe was a close enough call as is." He flashed her another smirk before laying back on the warm slate, hands behind his head. He spoke in his smooth and almost dream-like tone, as he gazed up at the darkening sky. "Sun's almost set... Boy, we've been wasting our time, eh?" He got up, flinching as he set weight down on his wounded leg, and scrounged through his pack. Deep down, he was eager to get this maiden back to the safety of the castle before another dragon came to challenge him. As he pulled out his clothes, he smirked yet again at Naomi, and bluntly asked, "I don't suppose you feel like dressing me do you? I could always return the favor, being a man of my word and all."
Nero Czan

Character sheet

Postby Naomi on June 2nd, 2010, 9:47 am

Naomi looked up in response to his statement about the sky before nodding in agreement. She glanced over at him as he returned to the tree. Taking one more moment to enjoy the water, she slowly swam up to the shoreline. She exited the water rapidly, quietly gasping as the cooling night air chilled her wet body. Shivering, she gave him a once over and shook her head as she laughed.

"No, I think you can dress yourself," she winked, throwing her linen tunic over her head. It swiftly clung to her skin, drawing a frown from her face. "Maybe next time, mm?"

In any other circumstance, she wouldn't have minded being dressed by him. However, night was ever closer and she did not want to be outside much longer. It would be much quicker to just throw on their clothes themselves.

With this in mind, she slipped her undergarments on, followed by her leather shorts. "You know, I'm not quite sure why I was this open with you," she admitted as she wiggled her way into the leather. Her legs and backside were still wet, making it a difficult task. "I've never thought to do this sort of thing...you know, naked swimming with a man." She grinned. "I hope you don't take me for an...easy girl, even though it might be hard to believe."

She strapped her belt around her waist over her tunic. Next, she brought her sword up and around to rest against her back, the strap creating a part between her breasts. Finally, after her feet had dried, she laced up her boots. Once finished, she began the task of wringing out her wavy hair.

"But I really do like you," she said with a huge smile. "And I'd like to get to know you better before I leave Endrykas. At least we have some tension going already, mm?" Chuckling, she looked out towards the sky, eying the appearing stars. She brought her hands up, marking North and remembering how far from the center Endrykas had been. "You ready?"
Naomi
Player

Character sheet

Postby Nero Czan on June 2nd, 2010, 6:48 pm

Nero gave a quick stretch, easing his body into it earlier state of relaxation. It was about time for this chapter to come to a close. He casually readjusted his rough, and still somewhat damp, clothes, and nodded to Naomi as he packed up the remainder of the gear. "Yep, let's get on our way then."

Thankfully, the return trip was ultimately just as calm and relaxed as the outgoing one, albeit with a touch of tension and waryness. Nero made his usual advances, but was mostly quiet during the journey, silently contemplating the previous fight, as well as the other possible outcomes. One of the first philosophies he was taught was to go into every battle expecting the worst, thereby making any outcome other than defeat a bonus. It had worked well for him so far, but there was an uneasiness that returned to him along with the thrill of protection. It was the threat of failure. Now he could not recklessly charge into battle, believing whatever happens will happen. He was responsible for more than himself, and he made himself ingrain that in his mind.

The forest was dimly lit now, the sun all but vanishing over the horizon. The moonlight was penetrating through the thin leaves of the canopy, creating a dim ambiance of a mystical forest. In the distance lay the fire-lit gates of Endrykas, the city still thriving and celebrating, as it would be for hours to come. "Well, there it is. I told you we'd have ourselves a little adventure, and I'm not one to back down on my promises." He glanced at her, his face illuminated with a blueish hue by the leaf-drawn moonlight. He wrapped his arm around her waist, pulling her against him, and gave her a gentle peck on the lips. "I also told you I'd take care of you, and I hope I didn't break that one either.." His smirk laid settled on his face, his hand stroking her soft curves, as they approached the gates. He gave an honored nod to the guards as they attentively watched them passed. Once inside, Nero let out a heavy sigh, as if the burden of survival was temporarily put off yet again. "Another potentially fatal encounter overcome. Someone upstairs must love me." He gave a chuckle as his withdrew his arm, instead holding her hand lovingly. "But I'm glad you came with. It's always more fun with company. Thanks Naomi. It'd be an honor to 'get to know you better', as you put it." He chuckled, his grin widening tauntingly as he gave her ass a subtle grip, as if to emphasize his point. His smirk settled, growing more into a smile as he got a hold of himself, the adrenaline finally growing cold. "In all honesty... I haven't met such an innocent and sincere lass for the longest time. There's just something about your personality that makes me feel ecstatic. I intend to find out what, even if I have to investigate every corner of you." With his smirk and innuendo in hand, He shrugged. He was content with leaving the mystery for another day. He had been repeating that question time and time again, but to no avail. The only 'Logical' choice was to spend more time with her. Yes... That was his reason. Plus, he loved seeing this girl's lovely blush.
Nero Czan

Character sheet

Postby Naomi on June 2nd, 2010, 10:51 pm

The walk back was uneventful, thankfully, since Naomi's nerves were completely shot from the earlier fight. She held Nero's hand softly, squeezing every once in a while as she avoided rocks and tree stumps. When Endrykas came into view, she felt her mood brighten. Smiling, Naomi felt his arm slip around her waist to pull her close. The soft kiss caused her to giggle with surprise and pleasure.

"The adventure was...pretty good," she said, shrugging with a coy grin. "Next time, though, let's go out during the day. That was too frightening." She rubbed her nose against his before sneaking a peck. "But you took wonderful care of me."

As they passed through the gates, Naomi gave the guards a thankful smile, tilting her head in recognition. Her head turned to Nero at his voice, pushing him lightly in humor. "No...I think they must love me." She chuckled before gasping at his ass grab, never ceasing to be surprised at the grope.

"Aww, that's really swee-" she began to say, stopping mid-sentence after hearing his innuendo. She rolled her eyes playfully, shaking her head. "Well, that goes both ways, mister. I really like you and...well, I haven't met anyone like you either. You're very...outspoken." Naomi ran a hand through her hair. "People at the university are all...scholarly. Too quiet. It's really hard to make friends or...anything else."

Naomi smiled, leaning forward and planting a soft kiss on his lips. When she pulled away, she began to retreat into the camp. "Well...I'll see you at the tavern, perhaps. I think I'll go there a bit more often now." She pointed back towards the large tents. "I've set up my tent on the west side of camp, so...I think we'll stay in touch."

Naomi waved, turned, and made her way slowly into bustling Endrykas.
Naomi
Player

Character sheet

PreviousNext