A new journay ( Adalaine)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Stretching northward along the coastline of the Suvan Sea, the Cobalt Mountains are the home of the Bronze Wood, numerous ruins, and creatures both strange and fantastical.

A new journay ( Adalaine)

Postby Voreasos Alisier on August 4th, 2009, 10:38 pm

Summer 509 av 50th

Voreasos, an young Symenestra, slowly moved in the forest. He stood about 5'10, silver hair falling past his neck amethyst eyes watching the trails in front of him. His white grey skin being warped around in a black cloak. His arms were a bit longer then a normal human's with larger hands that had black claws.

He was in the mood for food, a craving that he had put off for a bit of time. His senses were telling him that he had to find some food even if he had to kill. Killing was not a big deal for him nor his kind. Even at birth they killed there mothers at some point most of the time.

A soft sigh leaving his soft lips as his hands trailing in his hair as he walked on an trail. He had no where to really go really. Just a walking lost soul missing home but could there be more to what he was missing then just a simple nest and web of family?

He did not know what he wanted right now. His stomach told him to find food and in that maybe find something else. He wanted to have more meaning in his life yet for now he was just walking along and doing nothing in his life. Maybe he would know one day.
Mizahar- An utopia for writers

Mizahar- Where dreams are tangible
Voreasos Alisier
Player

Words: 32930
Joined roleplay: July 19th, 2009, 6:48 am
Blog: View Blog (8)
Race: Symenestra
Character sheet
Medals: 1
Trailblazer (1)

Re: A new journay ( Adalaine)

Postby Adalaine Lancaster on August 4th, 2009, 11:09 pm

The young woman was leery to venture into the forest alone but she needed a mount and their were no stables in Zeltiva and she was in need of one. For she wished to go to Black Rock as their was rumors of ghosts their who had profound knowledge of Mizahar. Their was much to be learned from the dead, just because Lucian for the most part was a bawdy idiot did not mean that all ghosts were.

The trek had been long and under the heat of the summer sun was beginning to take its toll on the young woman. She was a stubborn woman though and once she had her mind set on a task she was rarely discouraged.

" Addy you need to rest for the heat of the sun is tiring you. I do not need you to collapse in a heap from heat stroke. Come now let us rest under a tree", Lucian said softly.

" Alright but only for a little while. I do not wish to be still in the forest come nightfall", said Addy as she made way to a large birch tree and sat down under its branches. Once she was seated, Lucian opened her pack and removed her water canteen which floated towards her, " Drink some water and eat some fruit you will need your strength if you wish to make it to the city before sundown",

With a slight frown, Adalaine grabbed the water canteen and removed its cap and took a drink she then took out an apple from her pack, " Perhaps you are right I am a bit tired from the sun".
Adalaine Lancaster
Seeker of Knowledge

Words: 6257
Joined roleplay: August 2nd, 2009, 2:17 am
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Voreasos Alisier on August 5th, 2009, 2:14 am

And along came a spider the tale said from child to child on scary nights. Voreasos let a smile form on his lips as his tongue pushed out on the air licking his own lips as he saw the young human. He watched from an tree just feet of her as she drinked some water and talked.

There was no one around that he could see yet he knew the likelihood of crazy people were still low. Even in this heat one would not make themselves seen by talking unless they were talking to someone or were good at handling themselves. Normally he would just leave yet this was not a normal time. He craved flesh.

He had the upper hand, he saw the prey first. He had weapons that were apart of him. Speed, fangs, claws on hands and feet. And the drive to push forward and not to die.

He just jumped a few feet, gravity was child's play to an baby of his race. They learned at a very young age not to fear such a little term called pain or fear of heights. Why fear something when you could be a master at it?

Stalking the little prey he thought as he moved along the ground. He could pass for human from afar yet up close there was no way he could pass without some form of magic yet he did not want to blend in to well then he would lose focus. Focus of the end goal in this case the goal was food.

He did not say a word as he moved along the ground, his eyes on the young human female and it would seem an ghost that was talking with her. A ghost he thought, an lovely show it would seem. He knew ghosts were common and ninety percent of them were weak yet he never did do much math.

He just paused for a bit, ten feet from them watching them as the dark cloak warped around him. Under it was more dark amour that was made out of bones and under that warped cloth like an figher warps there hands but his was full body.

Voreasos Alisier
Player

Character sheet
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Adalaine Lancaster on August 7th, 2009, 4:54 am

Along came a spider with the intention to sit down beside her though he had no interest in curds and way. So tired was she that Addy did not even notice that someone was watching her. For she had been walking for hour's under the heat of the burning sun which had left her weary.

" My for someone who does not enjoy social confrontations, you have a grand skill of drawing people near" , said Lucian. As he noticed the fellow standing a few feet away studying Adalaine.

Lifting her head, Addy raised one of her hands in an attempt to shield the glare from the sun. Where did he come from? I did not hear any footsteps, and why is he watching me? Had he too witnessed the red haired woman speaking to herself? Way to go Addy your loony tendencies has drawn in another onlooker. Though why do they have to be so rude and just openly stare? Poor manners that is.

The young woman was a bit grumpy from her long trek and she was not in the mood to deal with voyeurs. " I am sure you can find things to study that are far interesting then I", Addy called out to the man.
Adalaine Lancaster
Seeker of Knowledge

Character sheet

Postby Voreasos Alisier on August 7th, 2009, 5:39 am

Voreasos did not say a word at first, his eyes just looking at her and the ghost. He thought of staying put but that thought quickly left his mind as she talked to him. He thought many things as he stood there for a bit from eating her to playing with her.

Maybe it was the fact that he was alone and bored that he did not pick to eat her for now as he took a step forward. Slowly moving to her before stopping just a few feet from her looking down at her.

The ghost scared him slightly as he knew they could do things and he had no way of fighting one nor getting rid of one. However the female was another story.

"Life..is full of things to study..." He said in the common tongue, his words creeping off the tongue, warping around her and the ghost for good or ill. Some found there speech entrancing and others eery be it common or Symenos which was there own language yet he did not dare to use it around her just yet. Depending how she found his common form of language Symenos could be so much more to her once more good or bad.

"I am sorry to watch you from afar, my heart stopped for a second as I saw such an entrancing young lady alone in this long forest that has so many evils and I found myself lost in thought it would seem."

Charming was one word they could use, to charm and persuade with words was a key tool used for Symenestra's so they learn it at a young age even if he never did put much work into it he found himself still good with words.

Voreasos Alisier
Player

Character sheet
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Adalaine Lancaster on August 8th, 2009, 1:44 am

Perhaps another female may have been more susceptible to the man's pretty words but sadly Addy was not. The young woman was unexperienced with having the attention of men, and it did not sit well with the young scholar. Most men found her far to smart or reserved and as a result did not bother with her. Surely he is poking fun at me or wants something, thought Adalaine as he neared her.

He was of the spider people race, and while she had read about them in books she had never seen one before. While he was beautiful he had a preditory air about him. She would have to tread lightly as rumor had it that the race had a taste for blood and Addy wished not to be a meal.

" Those are pretty words my friend, but I fear they are lost on my Addy. For she does not fully grasp the potency of her beauty. Would you care to join us? Addy was having a bit of a meal before we arrived to Sylris," said Lucian.

Blasted Lucian all I wanted was a meal and not conversation. Though this is a rare opportunity as little is known about the spider people.. Sitting up, Addy folded her leg's and leaned against the massive trunk of the tree, " I have some apples if you fancy one."
Adalaine Lancaster
Seeker of Knowledge

Character sheet

Postby Voreasos Alisier on August 8th, 2009, 1:59 am

He looked at the ghost as he smiled softly, she was not the friendly type it seemed but the ghost on the other hand was. He just took a seat near her, about two feet from her facing her. His black claws resting on his sides, touching the dirt.

"An apple....yes that would be nice." He said softly once more, his eyes watching her as she tossed an red apple. His reflexes were quick as his right hand caught it, but he doubt it would shock her just put her more on edge and that was not his goal right now.

His mouth opened, one would see normal human like teeth but two fangs that were not normal that seemed to be like spider fangs as they moved out of his mouth roughly an half an inch as he bit into the apple. He did not else to it as he pushed his deadly poison into it filling it and letting it dissolve it. It would take a bit of time he knew but then he would suck on it later to feed. Thankful he did not need to feed but two times a day or even one time depending on the meal.

"Hmm I guess you should have a name to call me by...My name is Voreasos...vor or V for short as I know other races tend to have a hard time with out longer formed names." He said as he held the apple with the fang marks in his right hand. His silver hair dancing softly in the warm wind that blew now and then.

Voreasos Alisier
Player

Character sheet
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Adalaine Lancaster on August 8th, 2009, 2:21 am

" Voreasos", Adalaine said testing the man's name upon her own ears, before she took a bite of her apple. " I am Adalaine", the young woman said softly.

Fascinating so it is true their food does need to be broken down before hand. She knew that her aloofness often gotten mistaken with being frigid and at times Addy never bothered correcting people's preconcieved notions. " How does the poison leave your fang's, and how long do you have to await for the apple to be desolved? Does it need to be turned to mush? " Upon realizing that she was bombarding him with questions, Addy's cheeks reddened.

" I appologize for my boldness, but I have only read about your race in a few books, and I do not believe the blood sucking drivile. Man often demonizes what they do not understand, and the ignorant mind is a dangerious mind".

" That was very enlightening Addy", Luciane said in a tone free from sarcasim.

While the ghosts compliment warmed her, it had the outwardly affect of deepening the blush that coloured her cheeks.
Adalaine Lancaster
Seeker of Knowledge

Character sheet

Postby Voreasos Alisier on August 8th, 2009, 2:29 am

He just tilted his head at her. He knew people would ask questions but he was unsure how to answer her really. There poison was rather well guarded but he guessed he could share some information about it as he was not giving her the poison which would be almost a crime in his Webs and any other of his kind.

"Just like how you can breath we can handle the poison. It is second nature to us so we don't have to really think hard on it. As for how long it takes it depends on what we are attacking and how long since we fed last. I could eat this apple here without the poison but then it would be a pain to eat but that is our life I guess."

He said before biting back in the apple, soft sucking sounds could be heard of the contents of it left and soon it just looked like a large red dried raisin.

"We can live off blood but we can go without food for awhile as long as we have water. You can eat grass and live but you won't be in any shape to do much. That is the same case here."

"Tell me...Why are you here?"

Voreasos Alisier
Player

Character sheet
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Adalaine Lancaster on August 9th, 2009, 9:21 pm

The young woman was relieved that Vor had not taken offence to her numerious questions, as he could have easily overpowered her and given her a hand's on demonstration of how his poison worked.

Quietly, Addy watched as Vor sucked in the broken down nutrient's of the apple. It was fascinating to watch. " So you are immune to the potency of the venom then. That is fascinating so if you were in a fight with another of your kind then their venom would not harm you?"

Cautiously, Addy leaned forward and scooched herself closer to Vor so that she could get a better look. " When you are done can I see them", Ada asked in a shy tone. If he was to satisfy her curiosity it was only fair that she did so in return. " I am planning to purchase a horse at the stables, I am heading to Black Rock soon and the journey is far to long to make on foot."

For the moment her hunger was forgotten and Addy placed her apple back into her back pack. "Do you use your claws for fighting or just for climbing?" It seened as though the curious questions would never end.
Adalaine Lancaster
Seeker of Knowledge

Character sheet

Next