Open Meeting the sage?

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This northernmost city is the home of Morwen, The Goddess of Winter, and her followers who dwell year round in a land of frozen wonder. [Lore]

Meeting the sage?

Postby Coren on December 26th, 2012, 10:15 am

Coren saw Miria's slightly damped mood in her aura with only a slight difficulty. It was quite visible but it was only a slight change, so it took a bit of effort to really see. What was more puzzeling was the small flare of, sadness, remorse? Regret? A negative emotion at the least and not a very active or moving one either. Still, it was gone before he could get a better lock on it. He was still doubting her though, the dampening of her spirits just was a bit more of slight evidence that could point towards her being a lure for a trap and he wasn't still alive now because he was a gullible man!

At her remarks he scoffed, racking up another point for the trap theory as she said she was from skyglow hold.
“Afterward, and no I never got married. Though seeing as you where skyglow you probably have heard of the time they tried to marry me off towards somebody else. My mother never could keep gossip out of circulation and after they kicked me out I wouldn't put it past her to share that juicy story to try and shame me even more.” He scoffed, as if being related to people like them wasn't enough of shaming already.

“Well, the pouring your heart out to somebody you don't know is hardly anything I do about. Its completely your decision.” Coren pointed out. At the crack at his mask he rolled his eyes. What did people not get about the purpuse of a bloody mask? Its to keep your face hidden, why would he tell what was underneath it if he wanted to keep his face hidden? Really it was questions like that that made him worry for the cognitive capacity of the entirety of avanthal.
“Whatever is underneath it, its for me to know and for you to go nuts wondering about.” Coren delivered the line in a deadpan voice, the way he stated it he let it seem quite possible that letting people wonder and make themselves go nuts with curiosity was the only thing he wore it for.
“But lets go back on topic, you and your feeling of being followed since you where young. I got two theories, either you got a very dedicated and competent stalker who loves watching you every day of the season, you have the attention of a god. But that is impossible, a god who had been watching you for that long would already have graced you with a gnosis of some sort. Which would lead to you knowing what was up, or you have a light case of paranoia. I'm leaning starkly towards the last one, I recognize the symptoms quite clearly.” Coren informed the woman dryly. “Unless there are other things you haven't been telling me."

"I'm speaking vani"
"I am speaking common"
"Me speaking nader canoch!"

Real life is kicking me in the can at the moment. posting is delayed. sorry for the inconvienience.
Coren
journeyman mage

Words: 294771
Joined roleplay: July 27th, 2011, 7:33 pm
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Guest Storyteller (1)

Meeting the sage?

Postby Miria on January 5th, 2013, 3:51 pm

The more and more Coren would describe himself and his experiences the more Miria started to question her perceived problems. He was another Vantha just like her but cut off from the support that the denizens of Avanthal are wrapped with. It was sad, it was not something to smile blankly and think nothing of it. Her smile faltering slightly listening to this man quietly enduring on his own.

It was quickly replaced with an assured grin as an acerbic reply soon followed each of her questions. The conversation, it seemed, was enjoyable enough for him and that was enough solace for her. He really did like to lead people on it seems. A common trait for great sages that have studied the world she guessed.

Blushing slightly at the reasons Miria suddenly felt rather embarrassed at his reasoning. The archer didn't think herself as too attractive to watch from afar but Coren might have just implied it. A different smile was given as she tried to hide her face from him, chuckling slightly at that reason. She would have to forgive him for being so forward, even if he didn't mean it. Miria was almost too distracted to understand the second reason, nodding slightly before piecing it together. At last the last reason left her wanting a bit more. It seemed it was always like that with this fellow. She raised an eyebrow as she looked at Coren incredulously.

“I don't suppose you think it's fate that ties people together do you? I suppose you mean well and it does make sense this paranoia. Perhaps you are right and maybe we have something in common. I suppose.” Miria paused as she tried to view that last statement positively. Shrugging slightly before realizing what she implied Miria looked onto Coren apologetically. “Sorry didn't mean it like that. I don't suppose you have faith in signs outside of what we know. No, great sages like Coren do study long and hard to be able to find truth.” She added playfully, her eyes turning a bright yellow. “What about you? What do you know? Or perhaps a better question would be, what have you learned so far?''
Don't ever be a sheep. If you HAVE to be a sheep at least be a rainbow sheep.
Miria
Knowing me. Knowing how to love again.

Words: 236304
Joined roleplay: December 10th, 2012, 6:07 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Meeting the sage?

Postby Coren on February 7th, 2013, 9:34 pm

“Fate exist for sure, but the majority of us are too insignificant to be affected by fate anyway. That is the privilege and curse for the hero's of lore not for a simple sage and a girl of the street.” Coren bluntly stated. When she let it slip that they might have something in common, something which he quickly constructed to mean that they both might be as mad as a hatter if he continued from his previous comment, he shrugged, not really offended by the assumption. He was a mage so even if he wasn't mad now he would be going mad shortly anyway. No sense in being offended by an astute observation.
At the womans eagerness to see what he learned coren was once more on his guard. Even though he could only see curiosity in the womans aura he didn't think this woman was sharp enough to really get what he researched for the most part anyway.

“Why do you want to know? Or more importantly why should I just tell you what I managed to learn by a hard learning process without any compensation?” That was the obvious reason, but on the other hand, he studied the arcane and he knew how to create and manipulate souls, most people began to piss themselves when they found out that little tidbit of knowledge.

"I'm speaking vani"
"I am speaking common"

Real life is kicking me in the can at the moment. posting is delayed. sorry for the inconvienience.
Coren
journeyman mage

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Guest Storyteller (1)

Meeting the sage?

Postby Miria on February 8th, 2013, 12:54 am

Miria took Coren's words with a grain of salt. This Vantha did not share the same thoughts on the matter it seems. To consider ones self insignificant was bad enough but he took it to another level saying they weren't even part of fate's weave. Everything this man seemed to say led way to Miria having a somber thought as she tried to see the world through his eyes.

It was hard to wrap her head around what he was saying. It was perhaps a refreshing new perspective but at the same time it just seemed to the archer his was just one people regularly tried to avoid. What could possibly have made Coren this way? Miria wondered as he continued his close scrutiny of the Coolwater.

Miria gave Coren an incredulous expression questioning her curiosity. It was just because Miria did not know what Coren knew is why she asked. After spending so much time in the library where knowledge came free it was such a queer question to hear. “I guess you do have a point?” Miria offered, almost scoffing seeing the subject of compensation come up again. Giving a short awkward laugh at Coren Miria continued her explanation. “I don't know why to be honest. It seems like every time I ask someone they would share something interesting us to talk about. Most people jump at the opportunity to be honest with themselves or to share what they know. I suppose this thinking comes off as odd to you."

Looking into his eyes Miria knew it to be true even with his mask blocking out the rest of his face. Straightening up Miria stared down Coren as she tried to figure out why exactly she was trying to learn about him. But first. "I would like to apologize if I came off as forward." Miria had hoped that she wouldn't come off as too needy of an individual. Reflecting on her recent experiences Miria was finally able to explain why she was acting this way.

"I've been caught in an unfamiliar place." Miria explained looking around the marketplace. Smiling knowingly at Coren she shrugged as she said what came to mind. "I don't have much else to look forward to but the qualms others share with me. I've already lost touch with the people from my first hold and there isn't much in the ways of relationships in Coolwater hold at the moment." The idea crept up but now it was out in the open and Coren wasn't as bad as she made him out to be.

"When I saw you I had my reservations at first but I think I saw a bit of myself in you." Miria said low beating around the bush. "Your body language was what told me that I found a kindred spirit. I bet you yourself consider yourself desperately lonely. It was just so exciting to see someone who was in the same situation as I am. Sad as that sounds."

Giving an uneasy smile at the masked man she resisted the temptation to talk too familiar with him. Of course she didn't share all of his problems but they shared some similiarities. Hopefully he would concede this to her. "You don't need magic to figure all that out Coren."
Miria

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Meeting the sage?

Postby Coren on March 2nd, 2013, 2:11 pm

the hooded man shrugged. “Not really, but most of the times it is more innocent things, like how to sing a song or how they managed to successfully cook a new dish. The things I know and have learned are a tad more sensitive then most.” Coren responded in that same monotone voice. “Not really casual conversation to be honest.

As the woman began talking about relations in the hold and how their loneliness was the same coren grew cold. Here she was, claiming that she had the same troubles as him. But she actually still had a hold behind her, she still had people who cared, she still could talk to everybody without the majority of them looking at him like a complete freak of nature. And here she dared to compare her situation to his? Still, she looked fairly young, maybe she was going through one of those I'm such a loner phases some people went through,
“I doubt that our situations are the same. They might look the same, but you with some effort won't have to much of a problem with reconnecting with others. I on the other hand simply can't. Maybe you should instead of looking for people in the same situation as you, get looking at how you can get yourself out of your situation. You don't seem like you are a loner and you seem to be able to handle yourself in a conversation. So I honestly don't get why you are alone.”

"I'm speaking vani"
"I am speaking common"

Coren
journeyman mage

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Guest Storyteller (1)

Meeting the sage?

Postby Miria on March 3rd, 2013, 5:29 pm

Miria's eyebrows grew animated giving Coren a sly look. "You are so wound up Coren." Shrugging at his advice Miria found some solace in his words though it still felt like the exchange was incomplete. The archer could not quite place her finger on what it was but until then she would not release her grip on the sage. Well if he were to ask nicely she might leave but still it felt as if she owed Coren for his little pep talk.

"It is just no fun to do it alone when others are so willing to help. In anything really." The Coolwater sat close to the fellow Skyglow beaming at him as if asking for more insightful words to go by. Though finding someone to talk to was enough for Miria. True it did not garnered too many friends from such short interactions which might have explain now that she thought about it. Miria tilted her head giving a curious expression giving off a tinge of orange seeing the challenge set before her.

There surged an odd feeling for Miria to have. Usually it was only while the target was in her sights. Hearing the adulation of her peers to climb higher. To better her prowess when it came to shooting with her bow. However for some reason it was unfolding here in the most placid of places. Even the look Soren was giving her in the beginning stopped what could possibly make her feel so audacious? Perhaps it was what he said earlier? To not only challenge herself but to do it without the favor of others, rather to do it for one's self.

Miria smiled as realization finally came to the frivolous archer. "Thanks Coren." Nodding as what Coren said started to really make sense. "I really mean it. I'm just here a mess of emotions and you took the time to set me straight." Still retaining that feeling of daring Miria took the initiative to confront this wise guy.

"If your not going to tell me what you may have learned I suppose I'll just have to deal with not knowing." Miria shrugged as he idly tried to figure out what he might have been doing before she interrupted her. "Nice day out huh? Great day to err-people watch!" Miria guessed trying to take peek into Coren's mask. Swinging her feet nonchalantly the Coolwater settled herself next to Coren as she watched the landscape around them. Occasionally trying to see what Coren was looking at she didn't bother to ask or otherwise pry into what he was thinking. It was enough for her to find a new friend. "Coren may I know what you have planned after sitting here? You do eat right?" Miria teased.
Miria

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Previous