Open Still Staring

A lonely dhani wonders if he'll ever belong.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The Diamond of Kalea is located on Kalea's extreme west coast and called as such because its completely made of a crystalline substance called Skyglass. Home of the Alvina of the Stars, cultural mecca of knowledge seekers, and rife with Ethaefal, this remote city shimmers with its own unique light.

Still Staring

Postby Sharyths on December 13th, 2012, 11:05 pm

6th of Winter-Morning

It had been two days since Sharyths arrived in Lhavit, and he still felt like the city has yet to accept him. Sure he's met a few of the locals and newcomer's, but it was almost as if the city was still rejecting him. He still felt like he was being watched, not just by the guards, but by the store clerks and the other residents of this city. Like they were waiting for him to commit some evil sin so they could have a reason to slice his throat.

He was headed over to see Farlen today. He needed to see at least one friendly face before the day had fully begun. As he slithered on his way, he caught the eye of a strange person staring at him. He ignored this, as he has been used to this for most of his life, and kept on.
Sharyths
Player

Words: 8209
Joined roleplay: December 2nd, 2012, 10:03 pm
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Still Staring

Postby Farlen on December 14th, 2012, 5:24 pm

Farlen was brutally ripped from his dream by something he could not quite explain. It was no loud noise, nor stirring in the peaceful home or Astreia. No this was something else, an anticipation that weighed heavily on his conscience. And then it hit him, he was meant to meet up with Sharyths, the Dhani he had grown so fond of and he was indeed late already.

Pulling on his leather boots and the fur lined cape, he bolted out the door with merely a smile goodbye to the Inarta and her little brother. Only after he was far enough from the house that turning back was simply not an option, that it occurred to him that perhaps travelling in his animal form would have been much faster. But then again it would make any kind of coherent conversation impossible, unless he sat completely naked before his new friends; and as experience taught him, people weren't fond of that at all.

He darted past people who looked at him strangely as he ran, his blonde hair swishing behind him like a mane on a horse. They gave him puzzled stares, some even went as far to shout various statements of disapproval. "Why can some people not just mind their own business." he thought with a growl. No Kelvic would purposely go out of his way to obstruct another. Still one foot in front of the other foot, he ran, leaping great long strides. His heart pounding, bringing oxygenated blood to every limb, every capillary in his body. And what a good strong heart was that of Farlen's. Every cell making up every tissue, making up every muscle, worked together to propel him forward in his sprint.

However great cat's were not known for their running ability and Farlen him self was a much better climber than he was a sprinter. And this very fact came to his particular dismay when he realised he'd have taken a wrong turn and managed to get him self lost again. Truly his navigation was not what it used to be and this unfamiliar infrastructure of skyglass muddled with his senses. Finally, upon retracing his steps, had Farlen finally managed to reach Sharyths, recognising the white hair from afar. Exhausted, he collapsed somewhat onto his knees before his friend and breathing heavily he smirked a brisk "Hello."
Farlen
Player

Words: 23677
Joined roleplay: September 26th, 2012, 4:52 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Still Staring

Postby Sharyths on December 14th, 2012, 6:15 pm

"Hello."said the, apparently out of breath, Kelvic whom Sharyths had knew as Farlen. He met this man not but two days ago and already they have formed a bond that was growing daily. Who knew that a Dhani, particularly this Dhani, would ever become friends with a Kelvic? A cat and a snake?

"Heltho, my dear SFriend. You seem exhausted, Sshall I fetch syou swater?" The Dhani pondered his looks, noticing the sweat on his face and the heavy breathing of his comrade. "SWould it have been eassier to meet in our beasst formss? Though we have never sseen each otherss, I'm sure we would have recognized each other." Sharyths hissed to Farlen.

He was still glad to see his Kelvic friend in any form he was in. Whether it human, cat, or panting like a tired mutt. "Shall we have breakfast?" Anxious to start the day, and Anxious to get to know his new comrade, Sharyths helped the Kelvic to his feet. Not wanting any harm to come to this man, partially trying to redeem himself for almost bringing harm to him hisself.
Sharyths
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Still Staring

Postby Farlen on December 14th, 2012, 11:34 pm

Firmly rooting his fists in the ground Farlen gave out a loud cough which tore though his lungs. The red hot liquid which was his blood was now a current of a overflowing river within his veins, causing a flush upon his pale features. The hairs on his arm lie flat, his mouth open in a desperate attempt to loose as much heat as possible without undressing completely, for that would surely result in some terrible illness upon him. At least this human body would sweat unlike his Lynx self which was unable to do so. A fact was that Farlen felt more him self as a cat. There was more freedom in such a body, but this human silhouette had it's perks.

Sharyths' voice rang in his ears for just a moment as it seemed the words had no meaning, no coherence. It was as if the words weren't in fact words, like his companion was speaking the snake tongue again. But that was not the case. All the blood merely rushed to Farlen's head, causing him dizziness and just for a moment he wanted to curl up into a ball and cry. Truly he was not a runner and he gave Sharyths the most innocent and pleading look, like a beaten kitten. But as his head cleared and his eyes once again regained the ability of flawless sight, words to began making sense.

He found him self being pulled to his feet by the Dhani; and quite grateful, for if this wasn't the case than he'd have remained kneeling before him like he did before his old master... Merric... that traitor. That ungrateful...

Once he was standing upright and there was no need for Sharyths to hold onto him any more, Farlen shook his head violently as if in attempt to shake out the negative thoughts. He must not let the thought of his past back into his conciousness. Not all men are shameless traitors. Not all men are rotten to the core like his old master was, wherever he may be now. Farlen had to remind him self of this often or else he would never trust any being ever again.

There was another look of confusion upon his face until the words truly registered in his mind. Animal forms and breakfast. A strangely appealing thought indeed, causing his facial features to settle into a soft crescent of a smile. "Ah yes, breakfast sounds quite lovely. That is of course providing you won't be dining on roasted lynx." he laughed, amusing him self very much. The truth was, Farlen wasn't angry at his companion for attempting to kill him in the very first moment they had met, in fact he felt that joking about it was in order. "And as for our true forms, you forget I do not speak snake tongue my friend. The conversation would become non-existent undoubtedly."
Farlen
Player

Character sheet

Still Staring

Postby Sharyths on December 15th, 2012, 4:08 am

"As Farlen looks well, I ssuggest find nice place for breakfasst. Perhaps nice alley fesstered with mices." As Sharyths spoke, his mouth became more looser. The practices with Haeli have been working and his use of Common is improving. Seeing as both his comrades spoke it more clearly, he thought it be helpful to learn it as well. Though it is still hard, Sharyths will learn to get used to it.
"As for beassst formss, you do not sspeak ssnake, I do not sspeak Kat; but ssupose we not need ssuch thingss. Language iss more than ssilly wordss and phr-phr-phrassess," he hoped Farlen would excuse his stuttering, for common language is tough. "We could have used our body language and instinctss, and the occassional nodding of the head. I know I would never forget those eyes of yours, I recognize them immediately."Sharyths smiled at Farlen and laughed at their joke, it did ease the tension between them. It, at least, always gave them something to talk about.
"Haeli has been helping sharyths with Common, to speak clearly between you and her, and so she has no need to be communicator between us." As Sharyths discussed these things and laughed with Farlen, He wondered how today would turn out. "Do you know of what "Tongue-Twisters" are? Sharyths met Alsess who claims my parents used them to call my name. I met her when I first came here. A "Ash-Tray-Uh" and a "Rael-Eye" as well."
Sharyths
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Still Staring

Postby Farlen on December 16th, 2012, 12:10 pm

The mention of Haeil brought fond thoughts into his mind. There was something about the woman that eased him very much.

"Oh I forget that snakes eat mice." he spoke, words still came to him a little heavy but his heart rate had now diminished and his body was quickly regaining it's vigour. "Forgive me if my presumptions are wrong, but I take you have never endured a real hunt in the unforgiving. Nothing beats the thrill of chasing down a great strong deer, my friend."

A part oh him had very much missed the wilderness. Those days when he woke up at the feet of his master, somewhere in a tent deep in the woods, surrounded by nothing but nature and the prospects of danger looming over their heads. there was something greatly thrilling about it. Farlen wasn't used to this city life indeed and the idea of eating mice of breakfast repulsed him as much as having his meat cooked. It weighed down on the pride of this great cat.

there was another problem with existence in his animal form, his true form and that was the worry about his possessions. He grew very fond of his fur lined cape as it kept his naked human body warm in winter, however mild the winter in Lhavit might be. He would hate for it to be stolen and dragging it around with his teeth would only damage it.

"Do you know of what "Tongue-Twisters" are? Sharyths met Alsess who claims my parents used them to call my name. I met her when I first came here. A "Ash-Tray-Uh" and a "Rael-Eye" as well."

Falren's eyes widened somewhat. His head cooked to one side for the words made little sense to him. He was far from stupid and some things were more difficult to comprehend than others; and one of those things was language.
Farlen
Player

Character sheet

Still Staring

Postby Sharyths on December 17th, 2012, 1:28 am

"I said do you know of what "Tongue-Twisters" are? Alsess who claims my parents used them to call my name. Met her when first here. A "Ash-Tray-Uh" and "Rael-Eye" too." Sharyths tried his best to speak in common for he knew of his friends' lack of ability to speak snake. He seemed to cool down, Sharyths could tell his heart rate was slowing down. "As for Hunting, I have only devoured leftovers of deer. From whatever other animal leaves." He hissed to Farlen, noting his desire for nurishment. "You hunt often?" Sharyths was curious about all aspects of his new friend.

He wished to have prepared breakfast already for Farlen, but, now knowing he doesn't eat rat, He was glad not to have looked as foolish in front of his friend. He was so nervous, he hardly knew what to say. Simply stating every thing off the top of his head, "I suppose we could eat each other,though, I'll admit, I would not be much of an appetizer for you, and it would be hard to digest you for me" Sharyths laughed and wondered, again, where this friendship would take him.
Sharyths
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Still Staring

Postby Farlen on December 20th, 2012, 7:26 pm

This whole business with tongue twisters made little sense to Farlen for he never concerned him self with the ideology of language all together. He merely used words to communicate and perhaps sometimes to allow his own thoughts to flow like a shallow stream. "I don't know what tongue twisters are." he spoke, a little embarrassed perhaps. He wasn't stupid and he didn't like when things like this seem to prove to him he was.

The notion of eating one another was truly a good joke, at which he laughed merrily and scratched the back of his neck beneath the long blonde hair.

"And I used to hunt often..." he paused and looked at his feet. His gaze running from the leather boots upon them to the cobbles beneath. His expression shifting from a fairly pleasant calmness to something like angst or sorrow. "In the past I did..."
Farlen
Player

Character sheet

Still Staring

Postby Sharyths on December 20th, 2012, 10:59 pm

Sharyths saw the laughter in his friend brought true joy and a strong connection between them both. He'd hoped good would come out of their meeting, maybe it was all pure coincidence. Whatever the cause, Sharyths was glad to be apart of it. He said he used to hunt often and now seems so weary. Was this a poor subject to bring up? Had Farlen mentioned something and Sharyths had forgotten it already? "I am truly sorry my friend for bringing a sadness onto you, despite what they say about dhani, I do not wish any harm upon you. Now, that is."

Sharyths hoped his new friend would not hate him for long. Everyone always seemed to find a reason to hate Sharyths. Sometimes Sharyths embraced their hatred and devoured them physically as they have devoured his spirit. "Do you wish to talk of something else instead?" hissed this confused and frightened Dhani.
Sharyths
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets