[Prairie] The Onus of The Pack and The Heart [Hadrian]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

An undead citadel created before the cataclysm, Sahova is devoted to all kinds of magical research. The living may visit the island, if they are willing to obey its rules. [Lore]

[Prairie] The Onus of The Pack and The Heart [Hadrian]

Postby Trente on January 8th, 2013, 10:52 pm

The Kelvic gave no withdraw from the hand, but the words cast a darkness into him. Hadrian could feel it there, hovering on the edge of sight, an unknown reservation still separating the two despite their natural bond. Then, just as Hadrian could predict the Kelvic's human lips parted and he spoke again.

"I can't go there." It was clear that he hated the words even as he let them fall from him. Matilis and the entranced Kelvic girl both stopped to turn their attention to the fierce Kelvic man as he continued. "I can not return to the citadel until I fulfill our orders..." His words trailed off as calloused concern crossed his face at the thought of Hadrian leaving without him. There was nothing in the feral man that he knew to hide, for he was and had always been little more than a beast. The look of concern on his face was genuine and heartbreaking for one that cared for the well being of his heart.

With reluctance he began to speak of his pack's onus, the obligation he had to his pack despite their cruelness to him when he tried to bring reason to their ears. He explain, though poorly, that Hadrian could not be his pack, for he still had an unbreakable link to the family that raised him. He wanted to flee Sahova with his new bond mate and forsake all the horrors of his first few years in the harsh world of Mizahar, but his true pack bond would not, could not allow for such retreat. Without him his pack would foolishly face the creature again, and without doubt die, for their Kelvic leader (his mother) knew no more sanity. Sahova had weakened them all in more ways then just the physical. Forever the land would leave a scar in their souls.

His sad eyes said one, pleading phrase to his aurist as clearly as if he were to have spoken out loud. "Please, do not ask me to leave them," for he knew that if Hadrian tempted the issue he would go, and forever bare the burden of his pack's demise.
Trente
Player

Words: 244388
Joined roleplay: January 31st, 2012, 1:53 pm
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Previous