The ice man cometh (ana/Job thread)

The first ice stormk hits hard and Xi ends up having to help people who're caught out in the ice storm.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built high in the massive branches of Taldera's bloodwood forest, The Spires is a city crafted by the peaceful and scholarly Jamoura. Considered a haven for scholars and sages Mizahar-wide, The Spires is a mecca of philosophy and science that draws people from far and wide with its promise of deeper thinking and higher reasoning.

Postby Ximal on December 22nd, 2012, 4:01 am

39th. Winter. 512AV

The weather had turned much for the worse the sky had clouded over and it had started to launch huge blocks of ice down at the ground. Lumps of frozen pain hurled at the ground and Xi was out in the middle of this mes making sure he got people caught out in the storm to safety. Using both his fists and his hand axe to belt away the ice the hand axe in his left hand aiming at the larger hunks of ice and his right punching large chunks of ice out of the sky, obviously both hands were coated in their steel as was his arms upto his elbows. As the ice flew from the sky like bolts of rain Xi pushed through it. This was good at helping him endure pain from battering because for every two ice blocks he hit one slipped through and collided with his chest. He'd be riddled with bruises after this but it wouldn't be that bad if it meant he could keep others safe. Charging through the ice Xi roared out in a large loud voice. "Anyone still out in the ice, follow the sound of my voice, and tell me where you are i'll get you to safety." Xi's already helped a few smaller kelvic children escape the ice and was now rounding up any stragglers. He just hoped that this didn't get anyone else. He wasn't the only one helping people but he was the only one stupid enough to not carry a large weapon to twirl over his head to hold the ice at bay.

"Common" "Myrian" "Nari"
Ximal
No man is free

Words: 949188
Joined roleplay: March 26th, 2012, 9:44 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Ana Sol Starris on December 22nd, 2012, 4:25 am

Ana had insisted she would go back into the City, despite that Jakobi had warned her that it looked as if it were going to storm terribly in the next few bells. She hadn't taken his warning seriously, she had thought that she would have been able to make it there easily before any such thing happened. What Ana had not expected though, was hail, she had simply thought there would be snow so late in the season. Sunberth had snow, and well obviously the Spires wasn't Sunberth, she knew that winter meant snow and she was quite fine with the awful, chilling, cold white flakes of the air. At least she had her cloak to keep her warm, it was more than she had, had seasons ago and she was quite thankful for at least that.

But hail? Ice falling from the sky? It had started falling at the size of small pebbles, and as she gradually made her way to the city, the ice chunks grew large in size and became quite painful every time they struck her. Stingin her shoulders, and some times knocking a bit on her head, finally forcing her to raise her arms up and begin trying to run through the hail looking for safety. As they were getting bigger than her own fists could be, this, this was definitely dangerous to be in. Much worse than snow too, Ana made a strange, pained noise when a particularly large one struck her arm just above her elbow. Okay, Jakobi, you were right! Ana thought panickedly.

Safety on the path? She never found it, instead she was forced to veer off course and into the forest to hide under some trees nearby. Shivering in her cloak, and becoming more paranoid by the chime. What if it began to snow in this hail? Ana wondered, looking around, she could hear the constant thuds of hail against the ground and crashing through the trees which had little to no thickness in their branches. She cradled her arm, unsure of what had happened, it just stung worse than a silly horse bite that was for sure. Sighing, she settled under the tree, hoping this freakish storm would pass by and so she could get into the city.

Or perhaps she could go back to the stables to Jakobi, Ana floundered at the thought, she didn't want to be told 'I told you so' by him.. but maybe he was worried about her as well. Ana hoped he wasn't trying to look for her in the storm.

Huddled, she listened carefully, pretty confident even wild animals would have taken cover from the hail. Yet, she heard a voice, she strained her ears harder through the thuds of ice which struck the ground, yes, a voice. Ana couldn't discern it very well, who was stupid enough to be travelling through this? Besides her of course, Ana sighed, she wasn't going to move from where she was, that would have been just as stupid since it was offering excellent protection seemingly.

"I'm over here!" Ana called out, still wanting to get out of this place "over here! By the big tree!" She repeated as loudly as she could.
Ana Sol Starris
Sneak Thief

Words: 706912
Joined roleplay: January 11th, 2012, 3:27 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Ximal on December 22nd, 2012, 4:44 am

Smashing the ice of of the sky and splitting it using the back of the hand axe like a hammer Xi smacked the ice. Hoping to get everyone to safety Xi heard a small voice over the thunderous crashing of the ice into the wood all around even the pieces thudding into his chest. He was guarding his head above all else his chest could take it as could his back. The small voice rang out loud enough for him to dicern a location as to where it was hailing from. Xi could just about make out what it was saying. Over here, by the big tree. Xi mashed ice out of the way as he made his way towards the largest tree in the area. This storm had almost come out of nowhere but People being stuck in it wasn't a rarity. Xi pushed forth through the ice towards the largest tree and saw a small cloaked figure huddled under a hood and cradling their arm. Xi hurried over. This storm want anything to take lightly even if they were used to it. Xi called out again as he got closer.

"Are you alright over there?!" Xi now began to really roar out to be heard over the ice. Drawing close to the towering tree Xi caught sight of who it was. It was ana! What in the name of ulders asshole was she doing out in this weather. Xi hurried over taking a few icechunks to the shoulders. "Ana! What in the name of ivak himself are you doing out here in this weather? Actually you can answer that later right now i need to help get you to safety, this isn't the best weather to be out talking in." The ice crashed down around them as Xi prepared himself to brave the ice again. "Right were getting out of her ana stand in front of me and move slowly i'm going to cut down the ice with my axe and my fists. I'll keep you safe." Xi wasn't exactly sure how he was going to do this but he'd be damned if they got stuck out here in this despicable weather. Xi's grip tightened on the axe in his hand and around the steel. he wasn't going to let people stay out in this any longer than he had too and right now eh had to get ana to a safe spot.

"Common" "Myrian" "Nari"
Ximal
No man is free

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Ana Sol Starris on December 22nd, 2012, 5:26 am

When the voice got closer, Ana snapped her gaze that way; hoping and waiting that they wouldn't get lost on the way. Otherwise she might of had to go find them herself, with a guilty conscience on her hands as well, but no- the voice found her, and it's owner was no one other than Ximal. Surprised filled her, why was he out here, of all people? She stood up, using the trees trunk as a support to shimmy her way standing up but she didn't dare move away from it.

"Ximal!!" She shouted over the hail, "I could say the same for you!!" She replied to him, fear augmented into her frame. Ana wasn't sure if she could trust him, the ice was coming down pretty hard after all, maybe being under the tree was the better idea? Just as she thought of that, a piece of hail came crashing down through the tree to land right next to her form. It was enough to convince her Ximal was the safer solution.

Hurrying to move by him, she couldn't shield her head because she was busy holding her arm so she hunched her shoulders up and prepared for the worse. Huddling next to Ximal, her eyes glanced to the sides rapidly, ice, ice, ice, ice everywheres. How could he walk through it? Ana wondered curiously as she glanced up at him "okay, lets go" she said quieter than the shouting but still pretty loud, as they began to move "where are we going exactly?"

Ana felt her back press up against his, he was crowding her, but he was trying to protect her from the hail- that didn't make her freak out any less though. The thief jumped away from him in an attempt to distance herself, right into the hail "d-don't get close like that," she shivered, her teeth chattered as she scolded him, turning to look up at him directly. That was when a piece of hail the size of her fist konked her in the head, of many pieces which flew down, she saw a bright light, Ximals face flash in her eyes and then darkness.

The thief fell over unconscience, hit in the right spot on her noggin to cause such a sudden reaction.
Last edited by Ana Sol Starris on December 26th, 2012, 7:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ana Sol Starris
Sneak Thief

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Ximal on December 22nd, 2012, 5:48 am

Keeping ana close to him he pushed on wards towards graths rest. Though having said that things weren't going to well Xi's back was taking a hammering from the ice as he protected ana bashing the ice out of her way and taking a lot more chunks himself. The wear and tear on hos body was starting to mount but still he'd make sure he got her out of there safely at the least she'd already gotten hurt and hurt her arm. xi tried to keep closer to user and use himself as a shield. It was at this point Xi was wishing he'd invested in chest and head armour but still. Punching the ice away was now starting to sting his arms even if his hands were coated in steel. Repetitive strain was grinding on his joints. He pressed himself closer to ana just making sure his frame covered hers completely to be careful about preventing her from getting hurt any further in the ice storm. Ana were heading towards grath's rest. Once we get there i'll leave you inside and head back out i've gotta make sure everyone in this storm is safe even if i get battered to all crap in the process. I think there's a healer in grath's rest, if there isn't then i'll take you to the healers instead. What's your choice ?" Before he could finish his sentence though she pushed out from him slightly and before he could reach a hunk of ice almost as large as his fist flew out of the sky and caught her in the nead. Within almost seconds she was out cold on the floor. In this weather that was damned near fatal. Petch it. Xi slipped the axe into his bent and lifted ana off of the ground and huddled her into his chest covering her completely using his won body. Now he had to turn around and head in the opposite direction towards the medical center.

Grinding his heel into the ground he began a frenzied sprint towards the medical centre, but before he got two steps he felt the ice slamming into his back, the weight and speed hammering him like he'd never felt before. Still he pressed on. He'd failed her and now he had to help her even more so. Sprinting on towards the medical petal the ice flew down smashing into his back and mounding his shoulders with it's weight. One piece even flew down and caught him in the side of the head as well, it hurt to all heck but it didnt knock him out, only cut his head. Blood flowed down teh side of his face as he kept pace he wasn't stopping he had to help. as he reached the petal he damned near kicked the door off of it's hinges and demanded help. Placing ana down on the bed the medical woman hurried over to see what the madness was. Xi explained that she had been caught in the Head with a block of ice from the ice storm and finally some movement got under way. for the next long while Xi could only hope she was alright even as his own head became stitched and bandaged.

40th. winter. 512AV.

Xi opened his ees next to ana's bedside after his brief nap and the concourse yesterday of helping out almost twenty people caught in the ice storm. The damage and havoc it wreaked was unfathomable, the government petal had been damn near annihilated. Still right now all Xi could do was sit near by and hope that she was alright, he'd screwed up and she'd gotten hurt.

"Common" "Myrian" "Nari"
Ximal
No man is free

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Ana Sol Starris on December 27th, 2012, 6:52 am

There was nothing but darkness, as if the sun had been shut off with a simple command, everything which had faded, drifted away, nothing but remnants left behind to be deciphered inconcievably difficult to grasp on. Life, as the girl knew it, was submerged in this wallowing shadowy world, she felt movement that she herself caused- if not but a little. Certainly there must have been something more than pitch black itself? The question conjured images, blurry ones, laughter, screams, yells and shouts, bubbles, choking, pain and happyness all bled into eachother, faster and faster. Messed up, the memories jumbled together much like a envisioned motion, bits and pieces being chopped apart cruelly by a pair of scissors, to be lost until found.

Everything had faded, as if on cue she tried to grab for the floating tid bits desperately, it mimicked itself into her physical motions failingly. She began to panick as she was left in darkness once more, she had to see light, she had to see something- something other than this petching madness of darkness. Open your eyes! The words shouted mentally to her, cascading vibrations, reverberating against her very soul. Light poured in when finally the will had been found, it's key opening a lock, much like to a door, the girls eyes opened, snapping wide awake to find blurry movements coming across her vision. She was drenched in her sweat from the panick she had felt in the dark of her sight.

Glancing around, she took in her surroundings and found she must have been in a building, a nicely lit one. Next to her was a very large man, with black hair, and some of the most stunning blue eyes she had ever saw.

Actually, it felt like the first time she had seen everything, and anything here, she blinked, and attempted to sit up- only to be forced down because of the pain that riccotcheted itself about her skull "a-ah" she gasped out, in response and pressed both hands to her forehead, over comed with the terrible feeling "wh-what.." she whispered, squeezing her eyes shut in an attempt to get the pain to stop. It felt as if someone had decided to crack her skull open with a hammer "w-why..?"
Ana Sol Starris
Sneak Thief

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Ximal on December 27th, 2012, 7:01 am

Xi sat nearby the bed side of her. Twiddleing his tumbs and watching her sleep, mostly there to just make sure she was ok, partially out of guilt over the fact he'd failed her. shaking his head he caught some movement off of her still unconcious body. Keeping his eyes on her hers snapped open as she jarred her self up form the bed slightly. Almost instantly he went to push ehr back down on ehr shoulder gently. "Ana lay down... you took a nasty knock on the head. A huge piece of ice caught your head. Just lie down and let yourself get your bearings. Your in the medical petal. you've been here for a while. Just lie back and close your eyes." Pressing her shoulder lightly he pushed her back down onto the bed, and then took his hand away after which he remembered she didn't like being touched. Then as she said why he thought it was in response to her statement and he blurted out. "i's my fault i didn't protect you well enough and a piece slipped past my guard. I'm sorry ana...I didn't keep you safe like i promised." He lent forwards a little keeping his eyes locked on ehr , he just kept himself nearby. If she needed anything he'd go and get it, if she wanted to yell at him he was ready for it

"Common" "Myrian" "Nari"
Ximal
No man is free

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Ana Sol Starris on December 27th, 2012, 7:21 am

Everything that had once been in her mind slipped away, she remembered nothing- who was this man? Where was she? Why was she here? His responses seemed to answer her, but she couldn't for the life of her understand why she was being called 'Ana', was she Ana? She didn't even know herself, who she was, what her name was. The thought was antagonizingly painful, and scary, who was she? The same questions continued to repeat on and on until she finally opened her eyes and looked at this.. this man that was in front of her now and acting concerned for her. Who was he?

She didn't spaz over the touch, felt a little weird over it, but she didn't seem to take too great of a notice of it "..what...you.. who?...."

The girls face contorted into confusion, she swore she had seen this man from somewheres before but she couldn't remember when or where. She began to sit up again, ignoring the pain which resulted and brushed the mans hands away, sitting at the edge of the bed and looking around, trying to pinpoint her location and found she knew nothing of these surroundings. They may have been warm, but they were alien to her "I have.. n-no idea what you're t-talking about, p-p-piece of ice?" She stuttered, getting defencive, and slightly scared "wh-who are you?"

She placed her face in her hands again, shaking her head and body at the same time, trying to wake herself up "no, no, no," she repeated with each shake, looking at her hands she examined them and blinked- they were green compared to the rest of her cream skin "w-wh-what..m-my hands.. th-they're green.."
Ana Sol Starris
Sneak Thief

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Ximal on December 27th, 2012, 7:33 am

Xi sat back in his chair as she opened her eyes, that was good at least she could see still. Xi sighed untill he heard her next words which gave him a really harsh shock. The three words. Did she not remember? Xi blinked twice as she spoke. Why was she stuttering and what was she talking about ? Had she completely lost her memory? "Ana, ana. Calm down, deep breaths. Just breathe. Do you not remember the ice storm ? A piece of ice as big as my hand hit you in the head. You collapsed. and. Dont you remember me ? I'm Xi, a friend." He then watched her shake her self violently back and forth, almost chanting out the word no again. Something was wrong but he couldn't put his mind towards what. Then her next words confirmed his suspision. She'd forgotten everything... But how much was everything ? all her pasty ? the last few months? the past few years? All her memories? What had she forgotten. There green because you played with something dangerous and they changed to green. The effect should fade in time, but it will take time so clam down please. your only working yourself up adn not helping the situation. How much do you remember ? Can you tell me your name ?"

"Common" "Myrian" "Nari"
Ximal
No man is free

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Ana Sol Starris on December 28th, 2012, 4:41 am

Ana followed his commands slowly, but surely, she began to take deep breaths and calm down; stopping the chanting and listening to him. Still unable to remember anything about this 'Xi' or this 'ice storm' and about her green hands? Something dangerous? What would she fool around with that was so dangerous as to make her hands green? She didn't know, she couldn't remember.

No, she replied in her head, no I don't, the words whispered scaredly but dropped off with a sudden thought; her body bent over and shaking, as if she were about to be sick.

Was that all so bad, to not remember?

She was alive, she was experiencing things, but to not 'remember' anything? Who was to say she had forgotten anything in the first place? Even if there was a void of anything previous to this moment, she knew how to talk, she wasn't certain if she could walk but the briefest of movements she was making gave her hints that she could, obviously she was understanding what he was saying, so they were speaking the same language. She understood that hands shouldn't be green, or to wake up in an entirely new world wasn't normal.

What was so terrible about this situation?

The thought hit her like a sledgehammer, she couldn't find anything wrong with the situation, panicking had been stupid, there was no reason to.

The girl looked at the man again, Xi, he had called himself "...I...I d-don't.. a-and c-can't..." The stutter remained, but she sounded as if she had calmed down "y-you keep calling me A-an-ana, i-is that me?" She just had to be calm.. Calm.. Relaxed.. There wasn't anything bad happening, she wasn't in danger, she was just panicking over nothing which didn't exist in the first place (to her at least.)
Ana Sol Starris
Sneak Thief

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Next