[Note by Torchlight] Miriyah

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, all the character sheets are kept for player characters. Feel free to come on in, browse the forum, look at what sort of characters others have created, and then begin your very own!

Moderator: Liaisons

Miriyah

Postby Miriyah on December 23rd, 2012, 5:28 am

Name: Miriyah, nicknamed Miri, or Mimi
Race: Benshira
City of Origin: Yahebah born, nomadic.

Physical Appearance: Miriyah is a skinny, but fairly strong young girl with black hair. Her eyes, typical of the Benshira, are a green framed with thick lashes that sometimes give the impression of being startled. Her hands feet are already hardened and rough due to hours walking barefoot as a child, and working with the sheep, goats and horses that her tent and neighbours own. With the awkward transition from girl to woman, Miriyah is gaining prettier features and her parents hope she will make a good marriage to cement their standing with other tens in the future. Miriyah favours simpler garnments and usually wears a cream or brown tunic along with the customary shawl in a matching colour.

Character Concept: A typical Benshira girl raised by a good family to be hardworking and faithful. Miriyah is at that age when she is beginning to gain some moral and spiritual autonomy from her family and begins to discover who she really is and where she wants to go. She's grounded, and mature, like most young people raised with responsibility, which included working with the tent goats, sheep and horses as well as assisting with rearing her many siblings and cousins. As she gets older, she has become a little more restless as she tries to balance her love and duty towards family with her need for personal fulfillment. As a nomad, Miriyah's primary education was practical, yet she loves to read and craves books. Currently, her prized possesions are story books gifted to her by relations who had visited larger cities, and she considers these her escape. Although not unhappy, Miriyah is beginning to realise there is much beyond her limited scope.

Personality Merits and laws: Obedient and hardworking, Miriyah makes the ideal daughter and gives her parents little trouble. She does, however, tend to be quite withdrawn and shy, making weddings and social gatherings difficult.
Starting Package:
1 set of clothing:
- Cream roughspun tunic hemmed in brown
- Matching shawl
- Leather sandals

Waterskin:
- Goatskin waterskin with black top, decorated with copper studs

Backpack:
- Thick cloth pack containing a bone hair comb; soap; one weeks worth of rations; eating knife; flint and steel.

Money:
100 gold mizas

Housing:
- 1 large tent... etc.
- Ekytolian Desert Breed

Skills:
- Riding (25 pts [SP])
- Cooking (10 pts [SP])
- Shepharding (10 pts [SP])
- Hunting (5 pts [SP])
- Wilderness survival (15 pts racial bonus)

Lores:

- Lore of the religion of Yahal
- Lore of Yahebah or general Benshira culture/laws

(Okay, I read through all the guides and the lore and the sample sheets, and I think this is what I'm meant to do! Obviously you'll let me know if I need to change/add anything. Please be kind I'm a roleplaying noob haha)
Miriyah
Player

Words: 4688
Joined roleplay: December 23rd, 2012, 4:25 am
Race: Human, Benshira
Character sheet

Miriyah

Postby Torchlight on January 10th, 2013, 8:21 pm

Hello there! I'm Torchlight, your friendly local Character Sheet Liaison. I'm here to help you get your CS sorted out and ready to go for roleplaying! There are just a couple of things I'd like to help you with. Don't worry! We'll get your character operational asap.

• Birthdate - Miriyah needs a birthdate! Please choose a day, season, and year when she was born.
  • Housing Equipment - A character sheet is a fact sheet about your PC. You can't list "etc" for her possessions. Please take the time to copy and paste the extra housing equipment (including tarp, rope, etc... oh crap, now I'm doing it!) into your inventory so players and STs know exactly what you have.
  • Lore - "Lore of Yahebah or general Benshira culture/laws" sounds a bit like 3 lores in one! Please change this lore. You might consider simply "Lore of Benshira Culture". It covers all your bases!
  • Name - You should list Miriyah's full name here. Benshira names are complex and culturally important, but fairly easy to understand if you read the Naming Section in the Benshira article. I'll try to help you a little bit.

In Benshira culture, surnames are small biographies. They are derived from the name of the oldest living patriarch and the genealogy from the father's connection to a son of Biyram.

So your name will be Miriyah, from the tents of [make up a name!], of the sons of [pick one of the Sons of Biryam from the list in the Benshira article].

That's it! Once these items are fixed, let me know via PM and I'll remove this note.

Torchlight

When it's pitch dark, remember that pitch is flammable.

Avatar image by Imaliea. Used with permission.
Torchlight
Let knowledge empower you.

Words: 52588
Joined roleplay: September 6th, 2012, 9:53 pm
Race: Staff account