Summons by the Archwizard (Mienskil)

Mienskil has been unexpectedly summoned by the Archwizard, and that rarely means a pleasant chat.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

An undead citadel created before the cataclysm, Sahova is devoted to all kinds of magical research. The living may visit the island, if they are willing to obey its rules. [Lore]

Postby Mirage on January 24th, 2013, 2:05 am

Once the letter was handed over the Archwizard would begin shuffling through the papers on his desk, his mind already turning to other important matters which needed his attention. He did, however, answer Mienskil's questions politely.

"As I said give that letter to the Overseer Golem outside and all of your arrangements will be made. Provide it with a list of items you will need to get started, and if you have any further requirements simply send a request to the Synchrograph Office. All things within reason will be provided for your research."

Mashaen would chuckle at Mienskil's next question, looking at him with a slightly raised eyebrow, "That, my boy, is for you to figure out. I have not the time to guide you in this, and I am providing you with all your needed resources. I am certain you will find a way." Though he said it pleasantly, there lingered ever so lightly a hidden threat in those words.

"Food for pulsers is provided per lab. You are a special case so you will be given one meal a day, plus whatever you might procure yourself. A golem will be by daily with your provisions." Looking up from a stack of papers in his hands Zarik would nod toward the door, "Now then, unless you have further buisness with me please begin your work at once. I have high hopes for you Mienskil. Do not fail me."

Mirage
Truth is never certain

Words: 1231300
Joined roleplay: January 5th, 2012, 8:47 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)

Postby Mienskil Ostovik on January 24th, 2013, 5:13 pm

Already the Archwizard's mind was beginning to wander back to his more urgent matters, the papers on his desk, which looked to be there for some time, begging for attention. The human understood completely, he was much the same way and was probably pretty low on the priority list, so he wanted to get out of the old man's hair as soon as he couldl. Mashaen had shown the human generosity by giving him such access and freedom immediately upon arrival, something for which he was grateful for, and Mienskil had taken a liking towards the old man that he intended to diplay by fulfilling his expectations. And getting out of the way.

He nodded at each answer, taking mental notes as the Archwizard spoke. Give the Overseer a list of stuff, the pedestal and glyphed mirrors and tools, and it would be taken care of. Presumably the Golem would take care of it. Then, go to Synchograph Office for more materials if necessary and things to magecraft when he was ready. He'd have to ask for directions, as he was reluctant to use the little mouse golem that had led him here. Already he was thinking of his first project an what he could do, maybe a lighter sword that could swing faster. Yes, that would be a simple start, and he could use the knowledge he had already to test with some new reagents.

"I know sir," Mienskil said in response to Mashaen's answer. "I wasn't asking for a guide, simply an idea if you had any. Please don't misunderstand, I'm incredibly grateful for the support you're giving me and the resources you're allowing me access to, but when it comes to getting myself accepted by others I have no experience whatsoever. I will do my best ro show progress, but please don't be disappointed if said progress is slower than you envisioned."

A meal a day? Well, that was more than he usually had to eat, but what did Zarik mean by food he procured himself? Were there animals in the woods that could be hunted? That was a thought, maybe a magecrafted snare for something in the woods that would be trigged to catch whatever came its way, maybe through some little eyglass or a pressure plate or something. It was an interesting project that would give him something more to do, but that would be a while yet. Maybe he would have to find a gadgeteer to help out.

Resisting the urge to bow, Mienskil instead simply nodded his head. "I will do my best sir," he answered, before taking the cue and turning to leave. He still had to step lightly to avoid treading on any of the Archwizard's projects. When he reached the door, he hesitated before opening it. Out there the world would be very different he kknew, very much unlike his life had been in Zeltiva. No lessons, no heading home for a rest, no avoiding people in the streets and picking up whatever was nearby to experiment on. Honestly, it souded good. And now he had a lab to work in, with a solid goal for the first time in his life and almost unfettered access to whatever tools and weapons he requested, with the Archwizard as his secret supporter. What more could he ask for?

He stepped out the door, walking into a very different world.
Will be gone for a couple days, grades need lifting
Mienskil Ostovik
I'm not dead yet!

Words: 73916
Joined roleplay: December 14th, 2012, 7:40 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Previous