Closed (job thread) If i cant stop the evil, It's better to vent it

Xi yet again in te peak of winter comes across slavers in the forest looking o do some winter hunting. And takes his first step onto a darker path.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built high in the massive branches of Taldera's bloodwood forest, The Spires is a city crafted by the peaceful and scholarly Jamoura. Considered a haven for scholars and sages Mizahar-wide, The Spires is a mecca of philosophy and science that draws people from far and wide with its promise of deeper thinking and higher reasoning.

(job thread) If i cant stop the evil, It's better to vent it

Postby Ximal on January 1st, 2013, 8:00 am

7th winter 512AV

The headaches had grown worse, Every passing day the headaches grew stronger, the tension in his head growing harder to cope with. Everyday liro's voice grew stronger, grew harder, more commanding and more furious. The grip on his mind was losing cohesion. His grip on sanity faltering through pain and exhaustion. Taking a trudge through the frozen snowy earth beneath the spires Xi could feel his head growing tighter through liros influence. What's wrong Xi? Feeling a little....under the weather? Nehehehe. All you have to do is. Let me out. I'll just raze this city to the ground and we can get the part...Started. I'll even hand out some jamoura burgers. What's so wrong with letting the insanity take over ? Listen to me. No... Listen to me. No! I said petching listen to me you whiny self conceited petch! I know the real you...You murder and kill without care, without thought, without a moments thought towards what they could be protecting. How the petch could you even begin to think your self above them? Your a petching coward who refuses to face the fact that he may be slaughtering people just trying to provide of their family. Your just a petching murderer with some self righteous cause. You petching moron! Your not above them...If anything else your below them! You coward. I'm not like that. Oh buit you are...You give every intent towards saving noone and killing them all. What is it your fond of saying...Oh "no man is free"...So why not kill them all? Send everyone to their peaceful slumber in dira's arms. Why limit it to just the slavers? Why not the masters? Why not the children of the slave owners? Why save then from retribution? Everyone should have their fare crack... Especially those weak enough to sill serve their masters. Why are they taken ? If not through their own stupidity? Or perhaps they were like you, young and innocent when taken but if that's the case how come they are still serving and you MURDERED your way to freedom? What's the point in pretending to be a noble crusader in a fight for justice? When all your doing is focusing your anger on a bloodthirsty quest for vengeance? You and me are not so different. You just blame all your short comings upon me. I don't tell you to kill them...You do that through your own will and then blame it on me I don't hold your arms, i don't control you consistently. yet even when i'm not in control you still slaughter in the name of "freedom" You said it yourself. Freedom is an illusion. No man is free until they die. Your giving the slavers more freedom than the slaves.

Was liro right ? Was liro speaking the truth ? Or just trying to manipulate him? Xi didn't know any more. That ever burning font of rage towards liro began to falter, the flame of determination flickering in the cold winds of doubt... Could liro be right ? More to the point he was right...Xi had just been on a bloodthirsty quest for vengance and in that he'd seen that...he wasnt helping anyone other thna himself feel better about his life...But he didn't care. All who fell into the line of that work earned the right to die. Xi could feel his knuckles wrapping tight around something. In his glancing range and infuriation at what liro had said he looked down unto his hands...He was gripping his axe. The hand axe at his side. Xi gripped it tighter. Petch liro. Petch the slavers. Petch the slaves. Xi slid his hand from the axe and lifted the bow off of his shoulders. gripping the belly of it tightly. he'd heard people...Slavers or poachers. Xi didnt care which, he just needed to vent this now bloodthirsty rage of his, he needed to direct it. To focus it. and that's what he did. knocking an arrow into the bow he didnt even care what happned He drew back the bow string, and pulled it back to the corner of his jaw, letting the arrow fly he felt nothing, no release of tension not release of that anger even as the scream echoed out around him. He'd hit one that was a good sign but still right now he wouldn't be satisfied with just ailing a slaving petch to a tree via his arrow. no. That wouldn't do at all. Sliding the bow back over his shoulder, his face hunkered down into a scowl, that face of anger akin to a demon. Sliding the heavy battle axe from his back he just wanted to make the rage stop to main the pain in his head dissipate, and it only went away when he killed, when he let his body experience the release, and the fruits of his training. Even when he trained that pain was proficient in his head. Training stopped the pain but only for a few days untill it became un bearable. Closing his fist tightly his knuckles turning white along the haft of the axe, he didn't bother with stealth and marched over towards the group, axe at his side, ready to do some damage, a cowel on his face. And the ever present maniacal laugher of liro in his head.
Last edited by Ximal on January 9th, 2013, 11:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"Common" "Myrian" "Nari"
Ximal
No man is free

Words: 949188
Joined roleplay: March 26th, 2012, 9:44 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Ximal on January 1st, 2013, 11:01 am

Clenching his hand tightly over the haft of the axe he held it closer to the head the haft to his side and protruding most of the way towards the back. Cracking the knuckles of his free hand by just flexing them, her drew closer to the small group of slavers. Leering through the trees he could see them there brown clothing useless against the monochrome landscape before them. the white earth highlighting them against the ground. Xi stood before them bold, brazen a monster of anger and pain. His breathing slow and deep to help ease the pounding of his head, as liro cackled within. Exhaling his breath fogging in the frozen air. His eyes drinking all the light as he stared on them. His grip hard and biting. Xi just stood there, a statue of flesh, his arm gripped tight to the axe at his side. The slaver he'd struck with arrow has the shaft protruding from his thigh, The howl of pain, was coupled with curses and all of which were to no-one and nothing as two more stared on at Xi, one slaver spoke his words sharp, biting like a blade.

"Who the petch are you? Wait... The slaver glanced back and forth between his hurt comrade and Xi's bow before screaming aloud. "It was him!" The slavers hands reached for the blade at his side, the arm jerked on the grip and the steel slid free of the scabbard. Xi took another slow breath his lungs drinking air as he brought the axe in front of him and laid hos othe hand upon the haft closer towards the spike at the base. The sword swung down at him and Xi simply batted the edge away from him useing the had of the axe, bringing the spiked heel around and carving a deep gash into the saide of the slavers face. And within the instant the blood flowed...The pain in his head stopped, and liro hissed. Good...Feed your hunger, and take your pound of flesh. Never once before had Xi listened to liro and his ramblings and rantings but right now Xi was hard pressed to ignore the sweet bliss of release, the constant pain surrounding his head and lessened considerably, and all from a few drops of spilled blood. Xi's scowling face turned up into a slight grin. This was what he needed, this was what he ached to do. He was a god man at least in his heart but his time in sunberth and with liro had twisted his soul, the very fiber of his being had become intertwined with a need to cut down, to kill.

His knuckled gripped the axe harder as the slaver ran his hand over his face to check his jaw was still there. A look of shock and horror upon his face as he glanced back to see a smiling Xi, axe poised and ready. One thought passed through Xi's head as his axe swung, one thought pierced the ever flowing mass of his mind and the pain stopped completely within that instant. and that thought was. "Sweet release." That thought echoed through Xi's head and just reverberated as the slaughter took place. The blade of his axe severed clean through flesh, bone and then again. Cleaving the slavers arm clean off, Xi then brought the axe back around and drove the spike at the top of the axe as well as the axe blade tip deep into the slavers stomach, and watched the light fade from his eyes. Exhaling a slow breath he flicked his eyes up towards the other two slavers. Both wide eyed mouths agape in both terror and fear. Ripping the axe from the fallen kneeling corpse of the slaver he spun the blade around in his right hand and took a step to the side before bringing the axe down, cleaving the head clean off of the corpse, decapitating it, the fresh ruby red blood staining the pure white snow. A grin plastered across his face. The axe still dripping blood, the heel's spike painted with a single red splotch. Kicking the body over into the snow he spoke, his tone both mocking and anger filled.
"Well come at me then...I thought slavers were good at fighting, or perhaps thats just pissing their pants at the thought of challenging someone who can actually fight!"

Xi's hot breath streamed out from between his now smiling lips passing between the small gaps of his canine teeth. Streaming out in puffs of steam, adding to Xi's demonic visage. Right now he was simply consumed by a need for blood a want to make the pain in his head stop. The three slavers before him, one lying in the snow knowing he could not escape. The other two weighing up their chances of beating him. One slaver decided it would be possible for him to try and stop Xi. Xi simply stared the slaver down, he swallowed hard and drew from his back a spear, hoping to kill Xi from range. launching the spear from thirty feet away. As it flew through the air Xi timed his gaze with the spear, this would be his first time trying something like this but he would have to be fast. Xi lashed out with his hand pushed the spear edge to the side and grabbed hod of the shaft snatching the spear from the air. Pulling the spear down to his side, he smiled before speaking out in a sarcastic slight. "Is that the best you have ?" Xi's grin narrowed as he rolled the spear around his hand sthe tip was facing away from him, but out the bottom of his hand. "Here you cna have it back!" Tossing the spear out towards the one who threw it, his eyes went wide as it came close to him, but The spear fell shirt landing between his legs deep in the ground and snow. Xi's grin then almost turned into a snarl as one made a run for it. The other acting as a brave comrade to help protect him. At least one had honour, the other leaving two to die. Xi almost scowled as he switched which hand held his axe, drawing a throwing axe from his side, he hurled it at the slaver in anger and hatred, it tumbled end over end over end, but dipped over time as it flew towards the slaver and instead if catching im in the back it caught the fool in the rear of his knee, and the idiot coward tumbled to the ground falling in the snow.

"Common" "Myrian" "Nari"
Ximal
No man is free

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Ximal on January 2nd, 2013, 5:20 am

The hot breath left him in a stream of cloudy white, and Xi's face turned up into a grin as he dropped his battle axe through his hands wiping the blood of in the snow and then along the back of the corpse. The slaver in front paralysed with fear, unsure what to do, having just seen a friend of his nailed in the back of his leg with an axe. The screams of pain now echoing out. Xi slid the battle axe onto his back before pulling the hand axe from his side, the steel hand axe now rested in his hand. Xi stepped forwards ready to face down the target infront of him. As he drew the weapon at his side, a pair of daggers. Small and thin, they would be hard to watch. Xi drew closer his eyes hard but a smile of not quite joy but release, the pain was gone and as long as the blood flowed it would stay gone. Spinning the axe in his hand Xi closed the gap slowly, spinning, spinning spinning. Then the first cut came, a wide swing, using the haft of the axe Xi blocked the bow before punching the slaver in the gut and letting him see his breakfast. The second knife, came at Xi. Using his other arm to block hen then drove his knee into the slavers diaphragm, driving the wind out of him. Taking a step back Xi tightened his grip upon the axe and brought it across, carving a long slice along the slavers front, from shoulder to hip, and then again on the reverse stroke opposite side cutting an X into his chest not deep but deep enough to impair movement and bleed heavily.

Stepping back Xi drank into the cold iron tinged air the ground slowly turning pink with both snow and blood. The axe glistening with the light red tint. Wight a heft and a push of flux he brought the ace across and embedded it in the slavers gut, cracking and severing the spinal column. He didn't stop there though his mind screamed out for more. Bravery should be returned with a clean death. Xi pulled the axe from the slavers gut and brought it around severing his head cleanly from his shoulders. letting his lifeless corpse fallen to the floor the blood spilled out in a wide arc, melting and tinting the snow around it. Xi then had two helpless slavers to deal with, smiling lightly he walked over the closest one too him was the one with an arrow in his leg, buit that one couldn't move, Xi was more interested in the one in the distance with an axe in his thigh. The coward who'd fled. Stepping over to him Xi wiped the blood off in the snow before replacing his axe and sliding on his gauntlets, he wasn't going to let this piece of refuse off lightly, cowards deserved pain. Pulling the axe from the slavers thigh Xi wiped it off before placing it back into his belt. Xi rolled the slaver over before kneeling on his chest twisting his weight into his knee to break his sternum and cause him more pain as he lay there.
"Cowards flee, cowards taste more pain." Xi ten proceeded to drive blow after blow after blow into the slavers face, first his nose shattered then cheekbones crumbled, the jaw turned to dust, eye sockets demolished and teeth removed from their moorings. But Xi didn't kill him yet. Instead he punched the slaver in the throat and crushed his wind pipe to let him slowly suffocate and choke both upion his own blood and lack of air. Finally Xi turned back to the last one, who was the first he'd shot with his arrow. Now petrified on the ground. Xi took a deep breath and stared down at him.Ripping the arrow from his thigh Xi picked the slaver up off of the ground, by the front of his shirt.

"You want to live ?"The slaver nodded furiously tears streaming down his face. The look of terror unimaginable. Xi just leered at him. Something about him screamed "new" Xi sucked down a breath and glowered into the slaver's face. "Then run. Run and tell the rest of your..."band" what happened here. Tell them that all slavers shall soon fall beneath the blade of the axe. Leave. Now!" Xi's fingers slipped from his shirt and the slaver made off sprinting away, pulling hard on his pieced leg.

"Common" "Myrian" "Nari"
Ximal
No man is free

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Ximal on January 3rd, 2013, 8:12 am

A bell later Xi came back to his senses. The cold air slowly surging back through his body refilling him with revitalized feeling. The pain in his had was gone but the reality had begun to set in. Liro was right...All he did was kill to alleviate his pain. to remove the consistant feeling of hurt, the pain in both his head and the hollow feeling in his chest, the missing pieces of him that he couldn't fix on his own. he needed to rebuild to make something. But as long as both the pain in his chest and the one in his head remained, he knew that nothing he could do would rectify or stop him when he fell to madness.Good...You're learning that you cant contain insanity. Acceptance is the only path...Eventually you will fall into my way try as you might to fight it. But eventually it will consume you, this is your first brief respite from pain, your first release from the pain you feel. Give in,,, and this will never be felt by you again. NO!. I will not give in, i will fight it until my mind can no longer take the strain, i will fight until i cannot any more. Until then both you and this madness cannot have me. I will be free of this! Then run little sheep...Run from the wolf that stalks you. And keep running, for you will never have a place to hide. But check your baggage...You might have taken more than you thought... And with that the taunting voice of liro disappeared, a temporary respite Xi was glad to have, but his words, still haunted him. what else did he bring wiht him...And then he spotted it upon his belt. A single elaborately carved wooden stick...but...when Xi reached towards it, it was small, and it slide open as he attempted to pull it from his belt, revealing two blades...Both cold to the touch...Like the axe at his side. So that's what he meant...A souvenir. One Xi wanted to be rid of but wasting something like that was just stupid...However he could possibly palm it off as a gift.

"Common" "Myrian" "Nari"
Ximal
No man is free

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Capricious on January 18th, 2013, 1:19 am

Ximal

Award
Skill XP Earned Lore Earned
Weapon: Axe 3 • Nagging Thought: Is Liro Right?
Weapon: Bow 1 • Ruthlessly Slaughtering Someone for the Rush
Intimidation 1 • Lore
Weapon: Throwing Axe 1 • Lore
Unarmed Combat 1 • Lore

It was interesting seeing Ximal lose his sense of self and battle with Liro. I feel as though Ximal is fighting a losing battle, but I definitely look forward to future threads like this! Keep in mind, you walked away with a slightly injured arm. This arm will take no longer than five days to heal on its own.

If you have any questions or concerns regarding your grade, please send me a PM and we can figure it out. :)
Capricious
Assistant Storyteller of The Spires

Words: 171332
Joined roleplay: September 25th, 2012, 11:14 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Medals: 1
Trailblazer (1)