Just a Connection [Eshatoh's Scrapbook]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

Just a Connection [Eshatoh's Scrapbook]

Postby Eshatoh on June 7th, 2011, 1:46 am

Sometimes real life decides to throw Mizahar and all my writing really onto the ground and stomp all over it.

Writing is simple. Every character’s motives are fairly clear. You can even see right to the inside of their heads. If you don't like how a story is going, you just change it.

Real life doesn't work like that.

Here's the short version: This summer I'm working at a Christian camp up North. It's hard work and time-consuming, but I still have time where I can post. I definitely don't want to miss a whole season of posting, and I won't.

But right now my life is out of balance. The problem is a girl (for us guys, it always is, isn't it?). The funny thing is this is a girl whom I don't even have any romantic interest in. Last summer she was seriously my best friend, and this summer it's like I don't even exist to her.

I realize this doesn't really do anything for my manliness quotient, but this relationship (or lack thereof) is causing some serious emotional issues for me. This was an important relationship and its one of the big reasons that I was coming back to the camp this summer. Until I get this worked out, the posts won't be flowing.

Don't worry. It won't be long. I believe in a very confrontational style of issue resolution. As soon as I get a chance, she will be getting a rather large piece of my mind.

Image rights for signature and avatar belong to TheGreenestRose and digitaldao respectively
Eshatoh
On the other side of the hill

Words: 36644
Joined roleplay: November 29th, 2009, 8:11 pm
Blog: View Blog (2)
Race: Chaktawe
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Lore Author (1)

Previous