Stars Sometimes Fall (Re-Birth / Private)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

Stars Sometimes Fall (Re-Birth / Private)

Postby Akuaysun on August 6th, 2009, 4:41 am

33rd Night of Summer 509 AV

”They say that when we, the Ethaefal, come to exist back into the mortal realm, that a star can be seen plummeting to the lands below, seeking out water to cushion the crashing blow. I don’t remember actually falling, though from the heavens I most certainly came. I still have flashes of my memories there, my time with the great moon god Leth, his kind but hard hand directing all of those he chose as most worthy. When I think about them, I am often filled with mixed sense of joy and melancholia, to know such a serene peace, but to think that I may never see that realm again. Even through all my knowledge of the celestial realms I do not know what will become of me if I die again. Will Dira return me to her beloved brother, or will I be judged and sent away. These are thoughts that plague me, but for now all I can do is live, and pray, and hope that in time Leth will once again bring me home.”

Journal of Akuaysun

Bitter cold embraced the pale flesh of Akuaysun, engulfing every inch of his flesh as he thrashed about in the darkness. It was heavy, hard to move, and there was nothing firm to grab onto though he wasn’t free either. Where was he, what had happened, why was it so dark and cold, what was this overwhelming feeling of panic? Where was Leth?

As he parted his lips to call out water rushed in, filling his throat and choking out any hopes of a sound. There was nothing to stand on, nothing to push off of, only the cold and darkness, encroaching further and further upon his being. Luckily, through the wild spasms of his limbs flailing about, and the natural buoyancy found in most living things, his head crested the surface. Coughs and gasps ensued, bits of water filled areas meant for air alone giving way to more desperate coughs and wheezes.

To someone standing on the shore it would have been quite the site. Luminescent skin, and tendrils of brightly colored hair flinging about from the formerly calm surface of the water. He twisted and pulled trying to stay above water, no more then a handful of meters into the glassy liquid. At moments, one would be able to see the soft, delicate, and what some would even describe as ethereal features of the man. Stunning cobalt eyes searching about and shining with an unnatural glow not found amongst any other sentient being in Mizahar.

Eventually calm resumed as the initial panic of being thrown into this new world subsided. Akuaysun let his body relax and slowly float to the suface as he regained his bearings. Inside he felt empty, as if a permanent part of his soul had been ripped from his being. It hurt, not in the physical form but spiritually. Like a black void trying to eat up everything about it to subdue the pain. Haphazardly the man orientated himself to the nearby land and began to paddle, kicking his legs and reaching forward to grab at the water and push it behind him. It wasn’t overly hard to swim so long as one remained calm. Let the water hold you up and just use your limbs in sequence to propel yourself forward he continued to remind himself. Then, in moments, the Ethaefal was close enough to let his feet touch the mud below and stand in the slowly rippling waves, walking toward the shore with the creeping resolution of what was going on.
Last edited by Akuaysun on August 14th, 2009, 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The heavens tore and from the area between night and day we fell, to the waters below where we should be reborn and live anew, always separated and forever yearning.
Akuaysun
Leth's Lost Soul

Words: 59383
Joined roleplay: August 4th, 2009, 8:51 pm
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Trailblazer (1)

Re: Stars Sometimes Fall (Re-Birth / Private)

Postby Akuaysun on August 7th, 2009, 1:17 am

“Even on that first night, the night in which I returned to the world of mortals I could feel the void that rested in my heart. It especially hurt when I looked to the moon, and realized that I was no longer in the celestial realm, that I had been taken from my home in the stars. There aren’t words for the kind of fear that fills you in those moments, when you suddenly realize you’re in a place you’re not supposed to be. Luckily I was not the first to fall, nor would I be the last, and luckily as I fell, Leth caressed me one last time, guiding me to the hands of a caring soul. To this day I do not know if the person who helped me was actually a man, or my patron in disguise. He seemed to know a little to much when I look back upon it, and he was a little to caring for this realm. Whatever the case I will forever be in his debt, and if I find myself next to the chair of the moon god once more, I will insure he is rewarded.”

Journal of Akuaysun

If the man thought the water was cold, rising from it and feeling the wind blow across his form only solidified the fact that things could get worse. It cut through him like a knife, passing through his body and sending chills through every limb. Shivers ran over his form whilst he walked closer and closer to try land, a combination of such and having never actually used this body bringing him to his hands and knees before he could. It was ironic that he, who had known the gods, would now be kneeling in dirty water, gasping for air and praying for salvation.

Rolling over and staring longingly up into the starry sky Akuaysun felt the waves lap up about him. All around his form luminescent hair slowly began to darken into the most pure of blacks, endless in its depth and as smooth as any silk. His horns which ran from his temples back in long sweeping lines shimmered like perfect emeralds, speckled with milky flakes and veins of white.

Breathing slowly became easier and the heart that throbbed in the Ethaefal’s chest began to even and relax in its heavy thumping, clearing his mind and lessening the fight for ones life instinct. Of course with that room to breath the thoughts of where when and why he was set in. It was very apparent that he had fallen from his lord’s realm but back to the land of mortals? Had he been pulled through the fissure between realms? It was all so hazy and hard to recall, like a painting that had gotten wet. The main picture was there right in front of him but all the details were a blur.

Looking over his shoulder to the sound of footsteps an aging man breathing heavily was rushing through the grass directly to Akuaysun. Naturally he panicked, rolling over himself and pushing out to sea as quickly as he could splashing about and attempting to put distance between them. “Whoa hold on, it’s alright, I saw you in a panic from the shore. I want to help.” He paused, holding his open palms up to show he meant no harm. Slowly Akuaysun rose to his feet, weary of coarse but interested in what the man had to say.

It wasn’t nearly what he had to say or how he was saying it that had the Ethaefal interested in reality, but rather the fact that he was saying something and the celestial being understood what it was he was saying. Tilting his head he listened with great intent trying to mimic him with each word. “My name is Matthis, Matthis Reilly, and your and Etheafal right, follower of Leth fallen from the heavens, come here out of the water, what’s your name?”

“Maaaaaaatis, Math… Maaaathis.” “That’s right, Matthis, that’s my name. I’m a traveling merchant and a follower of Leth. I know about you, and your kind.” Giving a soft nod the naked man stepped forward from the sea, or rather the lake, though he didn’t know it and smiled softly, the kind of grin you would get from a young school age boy. “I’m Aku… Aaaaaaaa. Akuuuuuu.” He paused obviously flustered that his lips wouldn’t make the proper sound. “Akuaysun.” He spouted abruptly.

“Akuaysun you say, well it’s a pleasure to meet ya, lets go up to my wagon and get you some clothes.

The heavens tore and from the area between night and day we fell, to the waters below where we should be reborn and live anew, always separated and forever yearning.
Akuaysun
Leth's Lost Soul

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Akuaysun on August 7th, 2009, 6:06 am

“I find it interesting how much this world revolves around Mizas, that people place so much value on something that actually holds none. Even in my days before death as a Myrian we never pushed gold and gems above food and herbs. For example you can not cure illness with gold, nor can gems subdue your hunger. Everything is round about with mortals, in my time with Leth I realized many things, had many veils pulled from my conceptions of the world. There, in the celestial realm we worked to better the whole as a group rather then competing to dominate one another. It’s a shame that it takes death to understand this idea, and a different realm to implement it. Perhaps it is all the frivolous things that people cherish in this world, like Mizas, but to know that in the end none of it would matter, why would you continue to horde? Mortals are such funny creatures; I thank Leth for this opportunity to observe them outside of the cycle.”

Journal of Akuaysun

“So do you know who you are, I mean in your past life? They say when you all fall that you retain the memories of your past life, and depending on who ya worship, Leth or Syna is when you revert back to your human, or whatever you were before, form.” Matthis was to busy digging through his packs on a wagon to actually watch the confusion that was taking place in Akuaysun’s face. If the man had really known how traumatic the fall was, or the void left by it he might not have been so blunt about his questions. The fact was that he didn’t know, nor could he. To be washed over with the presence of a god, to sit in his realm and be torn from it, there were no words for that kind of pain. The only thing comparable would be a child torn from their home in the middle of the night by a kidnapper. Not knowing where you were going or what was going to happen. The main difference here, being that Akuaysun didn’t even know where he was from or what this world was. It looked like something he knew, but yet it was completely different.

“It’s cloudy, uh… unclear?” He paused, obviously frustrated, the words were there, he just didn’t know which to use, his mind was still a jumbled mess, flashes of the celestial intermingling with thousands of memories from past lives. He could see generations of information but none of it was clear, hundreds of faces but none he could remember. “I can’t make it all out, lots of faces, strange markings, forests… Tigers, but bigger…” “Ah, Myrian I would bet, makes sense, back in the old days yer kind worshipped Leth pretty hard. Tell ya friend, you’re a long way from home. Head west from here all the way across the land, through Taldera, then go south through Kalea into Falynder. You will want to find a city called Taloba near a huge lake. There you might be able to talk with Myri and if you’re lucky find a way back to Leth. I can’t go with you but I can help you on your journey.” He looked up and smiled, and pulled out a set of cloths.

“All of this will help, I wish I could do more, but it’s all I can afford not by money but to survive.” Wrapping a fine shirt over Akuaysun’s shoulders and handing him more and more clothes as he put them on. Matthis began collecting gear from his wagon and strapping it to an extra horse, glancing back occasionally with a look of pure contentment in his eyes. “My thanks Matthis of the Reilly.” “Just Matthis, or Matthis Reilly, I don’t have the extra in my name. Don’t worry bout it none either, maybe Leth will look kindly enough to bless me for helping out one of his chosen. Oh speaking of I have three more things I want you to have, and their very important so keep em with you all the time.” Matthis walked close to Akuayson and took his hand shaking it firm as he looked into his eyes. Then with out a word unslung his worn leather belt and snapped it around the pale beings hips buckling it and letting it loosely hang from his waist. From a pouch he pulled out a small gold lined disc with a gem in it and from the other side a slender blade that looked as if it could cut meat and bone with ease. In turn he told the Ethaefal about each and then returned them to the belt.

“This is a Gold Miza, or GM. There are a hundred in that pouch and it’s a lot of money, enough to take care of you in this world for a while. I have put you a tent and quite a bit of gear on that Zavian horse there. So you should be able to take care of yourself. Now one of these is worth ten lined in silver, and a hundred lined in bronze. Don’t let anyone screw ya round ye hear me, and when you get to Taloba, Three of these make a Bikka or Bone Coin, Same for and Ashl. That should be all the coin you run into. Now this is me knife, its sharp enough but nothing to look at, anyone gets to messing with you and don’t be afraid to stick em with it. Most ought to back down if you pull it out but I’m giving it to ya just in case… Oh and one more thing, something to remember me by, and to keep you close to Leth. It’s a family thing of sorts so take good care of it.”

From under his own shirt Matthis pulled out a silver chain that danced in the moonlight. At its end rested the shape of a crescent moon the size of two Mizas carefully cut and crafted that sparkled a rainbow of colors in the moonlight. Looking deep into it Matthis smiled once more, forcing back the tears welled up in his eyes and dropped the chain about the Ethaefal’s neck. Giving it a quick pat and then a tight and somewhat awkward hug of Aku, he turned and ran back to his wagon before any protest could be made, calling out a goodbye and take care over his shoulder as the wagon was once again on it’s way, leaving Akuaysun, his gear, his new horse, and a whole mess of confusion to deal with.

Akuaysun
Leth's Lost Soul

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Akuaysun on August 8th, 2009, 1:02 am

“During my time at Leth’s side I learned quite a bit about the cycle of birth and rebirth. We manage to constantly recycle our beings into the system, new souls being filtered in with old, and the worthy being pulled from the cycle to sit with their respective god or goddess. Dira collects, Lhex judges and sends back to the system, birth ensues and the cycle restarts. As I wandered the lands there were times that I met women praying with all their might for children, I would laugh and sit with them, explaining the fallacy in their ideas, telling them of the cycle and how even if they prayed to Lhex it would not increase their chances. Some things will be and some things will not be it is all determined by fate.

This of coarse leads me to wonder if the celestial realm follows the same rules. I would very much like to sit with Lhex, god of fate and speak with him on this matter, curious if my fall was predetermined or outside of fates plan. For if it was, my falling altered fate, a powerful prospect all it’s own, but if it was apart of the cycle then are even the gods subject to a higher power without their knowing, and further are they simply representatives of their claimed field, Leth representative of the moon, Dira representative of death… can even the gods die? Worrisome musings and terrifying ponderings these are.”

Journal of Akuaysun

The night air was chill and although Akuaysun had mostly dried and rested within the warmth of clothes he still felt the icy remnants of his precarious situation. As Matthis continued on his path, the Ethaefal did not try to stop him instead simply giving a soft wave, unsure of why but knowing somewhere within himself that it was an acceptable gesture for the event. So very strange this world was, nothing like what he remembered of any life or there after. It held many of the aspects of the world he was familiar with, but respectively was not that world. Had the war between the opposing gods scored the land that bad, had their rage ripped apart the realm and left these folk timid scarred? All very interesting concepts to be mulled over, many, many what ifs currently resided at hand. It would take time to sort through them all.

Standing in the ankle high fields of grass that surrounded the lake, Aku’s cobalt eyes scanned the night horizon, there at what seemed to be the center of the lake was an assortment of tiny lights glowing like a small window in the night to guide one home. If Matthis was a trader, and was in fact going about his business then he must have been coming from a town, which led him to think he would be traveling the roads which in turn if back tracked should lead Aku to the town as well. In his mind it all seemed reasonable enough, and once he found said town and explored this new world a bit he would be able to determine which way west was and perhaps coax a map from someone.

Thinking further on the subject he paused. Taloba, that was a familiar name, very familiar in fact. It was the capital city of the Myrian’s where Myri had ascended, it was home to the greatest warriors of the race, and where the Tiger Riders lived. Pausing again, Aku’s eyes widened, as he sat slowly in the grass. He remembered something, something very old, and grand, a picture of the city of its streets and the way it sounded. He could hear the ancient words in his ears and what they meant, or rather what common meant to them. It was hazy but he could see flashes of important things there, the temple and clear faces. It was like a lightning fast slideshow of a life, his life perhaps. In his chest Akuaysun could feel his heart throbbing with excitement, it was in fact his first tangible memory. Taloba, yes that was most definitely where he needed to go, but if he were going there he would need to take his time and remember more about it, for one thing Akuaysun did have a vivid memory of was blood, lots and lots of blood. For them, it was a way of life.

First thing was first though; he needed to get to that city. Going back the way Matthis had come was the plan and he would wait till morning before he tried to enter. Best to know what he was dealing with especially if he was to change or whatever it was the man had meant by his statement. With luck meditation would give him the answers he sought.

Akuaysun
Leth's Lost Soul

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Akuaysun on August 9th, 2009, 4:58 am

“If you study the histories of both mortals and gods, the source of near all great tragedies falls to the fault of love. Even the greatest cataclysm in recorded history, The Valterrian, was due to pains of the heart. It is often thought that this single string is what links us to them, those that are bore to this plane versus their great hall, and through love we will forever be connected…”

Journal of Akuaysun

The sky was turning lighter shades of purple and blue signifying the rising of the new day’s sun. It was the final moments of anticipation before the changeover and the final step into re-birth of this new life. With the rays of light and the cresting of Syna over the distant horizon, his destination would be revealed and with it, Akuaysun would revert into the body of his last mortal form. A body that had not seen light, or felt breath in over five centuries, a body that perhaps only one person would remember, a god queen on the opposite side of the continent.

Already Leth had retired making way for his love, and now she rose, bringing forth the new light. Always so close to one another but rarely able to be together. Akuaysun now understood the sadness his master had, the reason he always carried that solemn look. To know and have the love of someone but to never feel their embrace, their touch, the love they yearned to return. It was a cruel life, a torment fit for no soul, mortal or immortal. It was also the last thought that the Ethaefal had.

Syna burned pure and bright, her radiance more lovely then anything one could imagine, the light of a new day filling waiting eyes as they shifted from the deep blue hues of night to the warm browns and greens of day. Skin darkened as if instantly burned by the sun’s rays and waves of pain filled every sense of Akuaysun’s body. His muscles tore and rebuilt as bones shortened and widened. Into his temples the great jade horns slowly withdrew, flesh closing up around them as his face contorted into a more earthly form.

Thick, short fingers covered in scars clutched the ground as the man’s body fell forward. He couldn’t breathe, or see, or even think, the agony of the transformation was too much to bear. Thin wispy gasps gave way to exasperated winces that dropped an octave in tone as the Myrian’s body rolled to one side, shaking with soft spasms that drew his body up into the fetal position. Some fates were worse the death, having your body forcefully altered in every aspect, even your very core and mind, that was most definitely one of them.

No blood spilled but it made the pain no less, bones fractured and broke, mending themselves instantly time and time again as they converged. Internal organs shifted and reconstructed, neural pathways broke and realigned. Each and every nerve burned like fire as they all went off at once; overwhelmed with what was happening while simultaneously reconfiguring them-selves to the new structure they were a part of.

Aku’s body lashed out involuntarily as he flailed over to the other side, mouth agape to scream, but unable to produce even the most meager of sounds. Muscle tissue wrapped itself about newly formed bones whilst tendon and ligament filled in the details. On the surface parts of the man’s skin darkened more so then his bronzed flesh, tattoos of a previous life signifying the many accomplishments he had earned. What little they mattered now.

And then as quickly as it had started it was over, the pain faded away like a figment of some old village tale, and while stiff and sore there were no marks to show the events that had just taken place. It could have been compared to the most agonizing cramp ever conceived, brutal in the moment but fading near instantly when finished. The process was complete; Akuaysun was re-born into the plane of Mizahar. He was a child of two races, the divine and the mortal, split like the lovers Leth and Syna. Always so close but never as one…

Akuaysun
Leth's Lost Soul

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Trailblazer (1)