Completed [The Quill's Rest] The License to Revere

Minnie meets a gentleman at an art showing

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

[The Quill's Rest] The License to Revere

Postby Philomena on January 22nd, 2013, 6:09 pm

//A wink... what a strange, strange boy.//

Strange, after all means so many things - it brooks distrust and fear, at times, or pity, or fascination, or admiration. Or a strange mixture of them all. From Minnie's face, it would be difficult to say which she lived. From her mind it would be just as difficult - her mind was simply unsettled. A little thread had been nicked out from weave of her mind, and it snagged, as it were, when she walked.

"Good bye, then, sir." she murmured, with a mixture between a sigh and a frown.

She took up her tea and sipped off the rest. She did not leave right away - hers was the sort of nature that dreads the awkward, and there is a delicate awkwardness in remeeting in the street someone that one has just fare-thee-welled in the salon. She sipped her tea, and pulled out her wax tablet, opening it, and began to write notes.
Philomena
Player

Words: 718931
Joined roleplay: December 29th, 2012, 3:40 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Featured Thread (1)

[The Quill's Rest] The License to Revere

Postby Jester on February 5th, 2013, 7:30 pm

Thread Graded!!

Philomena :
XP Awarded
  • +1 Observation
  • +2 Teaching
  • +2 Rhetoric

Lores Awarded
  • The Quills Rest is Faddish
  • Lock Wants to Play a Game
  • Lock is an Antidotist?
  • Lock's Motives Are Shrouded
  • Lock is Harmless
  • Acquaintance: Lock Circuta

Lock :
XP Awarded
  • +1 Observation
  • +1 Hypnotism
  • +3 Persuasion
  • +2 Intelligence

Lores Awarded
  • Connections Bring Power
  • People With a Drink are More Approachable
  • Philomena is a Few Boards Short of a Boat
  • Philomena Doesn't Trust Easily
  • Philomena Sympathizes with Loneliness
  • Acquaintance: Dr Philomena Lefting

Notes :
  • Very interesting! I enjoyed the fight that Philomena put up to the hypnotism, even without knowing she was being hypnotized. I felt it was a pretty accurate portrayal of the skill, and its drawbacks. Gave you guys mostly lores relating to each other, since this seemed to be a "get to know you" thread as a setup for future writing, and tried to throw in a few skills that would be useful to both of you

"The difference between a jester and a fool is that the jester knows he's a jester"

DISCLAIMER: If you think I have been foolish in grading your thread, don't hesitate to PM me. I am happy to take another look at anything you feel is in error, but keep in mind the other Storytellers and I have final say.

Created by the Wonderful, the Fabulous, the Mysterious, Coltyn!
Jester
Grade Monkey

Words: 19637
Joined roleplay: February 3rd, 2013, 3:19 am
Race: Staff account
Office

Previous