Open Some seek comfort in art

In which Valo devotes him self to the thing he loves most and perhaps it should prove a perfect distraction. Please join if you wish :)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

Some seek comfort in art

Postby Besnik on February 13th, 2013, 9:02 am

Besnik

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

A small whine left the canine as the artist turned to leave. He had initially sought out the man, wanting to ask him about the turmoil the Kelvic could feel being emitted from him. However it seemed his questions would have to wait as Valo was already leaving and Besnik would feel rude running to leave the woman so that he could speak with the artist. Indeed as the man slipped away, the canine holding himself back from following him, the stranger he was now alone with began once again to speak. He tilted his head, turning fully to face her as she explained the scent that followed her. His brow lifted in surprise as he realised she was a doctor, working to heal rather than spread illness. Understanding dawn on him and a small half grin slipped on his face, cheeks burning with embarrassment. “Sorry about that,” he told her, “I thought you carried some sort of infectious illness.” In nature it was better to jump to conclusions and get out of a potentially dangerous situation that to risk something happening.

Now that he realised she wasn’t dangerous, in fact if she was a doctor then she was anything but, he looked properly at her. Her hair was bright, eyes a different hue to a lot of people’s, and there was something slightly odd about her that he couldn’t put a name to. He’d never met someone who looked like her before, so had no idea whether she was human or not. Humans seemed to be common in Zeltiva, but he’d never seen one with her sort of appearance. “Ah, my name’s Besnik,” he told her, dipping his head. His slight smile turned into his usual friendly grin. Were one to look close enough they could see the only feature separating him from a normal man, the sharp canines in his mouth elongated past those a human had. It was only subtle, especially compared to the often noticeable features other Kelvics had, but his fur was a close enough red to pass for a human hair colour and if anything was odd about it, it was the black strands near the nape of his neck.

At her next question he nodded his head as an affirmative. “Yeah,” he answered, “I’m a Kelvic.” His silence hung in the air with an unspoken question for a few moments before he gave in to curiosity, “What are you?” By now his tensed muscles had relaxed and he seemed to be almost a different person, his demeanour now calm and welcoming rather than protective and defensive. Now that he knew no danger was present he was much happier to talk to Mak’Viri.

||Besnik|| ||3 years|| ||Kelvic|| ||Bondmate - Valo||
Sorry but posting will be slow until after the first week of January
Besnik
Player

Words: 81265
Joined roleplay: December 24th, 2012, 12:42 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Some seek comfort in art

Postby Valo on February 14th, 2013, 6:42 pm

With the question of the strange smell answered, Valo felt content to leave the scene, catching the woman's name as well. Mak'Viri. What a strange name, so rich in sound, elaborate, much unlike those of Inarta. Then again his own name was the very statement of that simplicity. Valo. Light. Yet whereas he was of the fiery hue, she had a greater light about her. The while light of burning steel, of joy and passion. Konti, she must have been for her hair was as white as snow and her skin so pale. Thus with a gentle nod towards her and a reassuring smile to Besnik, he finally trailed off to his house where he would continue his work on art. Loitering so carelessly in the streets of Zeltiva was by far not a good idea with the sickness, fallowing in the footsteps of his shadow's shadow. Creeping around every corner, grinning with every bloody caught, stomping out the light of human existence by the thousand. Cruel and he was not about to relinquish his own light to this pestilence.

Red
Valo
The man who's very name means light

Words: 431511
Joined roleplay: October 15th, 2012, 5:14 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) Zeltiva Seasonal Challenge (1)

Some seek comfort in art

Postby Mak'Viri on February 16th, 2013, 2:39 pm

Mak'Viri watched as the Kelvic's attention switched from her to the already vanishing painter as he rounded the corner, the forlorn expression that briefly graced his face made her believe that they were together in some fashion. She wondered if it was romantically, or something entirely different. Did they live together? Or only see one another occasionally? She shook her head and she concentrated on their conversation rather than speculations for the moment. She smiled kindly as he apologized.

”If anyone else had been faced with what you were, they would have done the same. Zeltiva is getting more and more sickly by the day. It is right that you would be wary of it.” She said and smiled more widely when he introduced himself, the corners of her eyes crinkling with the bright expression. ”It's nice to meet you, Besnik.” She said with a dip of her head. Already the interaction served to ease her mind, and she relaxed more fully, her shoulders unconsciously loosening whatever tenseness they had retained in the face of the near accident and Besnik's earlier wariness.

The confirmation that he was Kelvic answered her previous questions about the relationship between the painter and Kelvic. It was likely that they were bonded, as Kelvic tended to want and work toward in some fashion. It also explained why she could now catch the glint of Besnik's slightly longer and sharper canine teeth. He was calmer as well, no longer wary and almost feral, revealing a sweet and curious demeanor. She liked this better than the defensive side she'd already seen of him, though such a thing was entirely understandable.

Now that she had figured out what he was for certain, she felt more inclined to tell him what she was when he asked, and had little trouble replying, despite how wary she generally was in Zeltiva and around others. ”I'm a Konti.” She said, and held out a slightly webbed hand for him to shake. ”How do you do, Mr. Kelvic?” She said with a silly smile and a lightly teasing tone. ”Where are you from?” She asked out of curiosity.

Common | Konti
Mak'Viri
Fate is woven. Sometimes there are knots.

Words: 39627
Joined roleplay: January 13th, 2013, 4:43 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Some seek comfort in art

Postby Besnik on February 16th, 2013, 8:32 pm

Besnik

“Yeah, but I shouldn’t have reacted like that,” he told her, “I guess it’s in my nature.” He didn’t like the defensive side of himself, living within society having forced him to act civilised. Many people acted repulsed by his animalistic tendencies, even act realising that under the human disguise he was an animal. It seemed that looking like a human automatically meant one had to act as one and conform to their rules. His trips into the wilderness were his break from that, where he could sink into his true self and live in the moment. However, living out there meant that he couldn’t satisfy his curiosity, so he had to only put forward his outgoing and friendly side to blend in. He’d failed in this instance, but it seemed as though his explanation had recovered the bad beginning to their meeting and he had the chance to impress again. When he sought company all he wished for was friendliness, not enjoying confrontations.

The Kelvic could both see and sense as Mak’Viri relaxed after their misunderstanding and nodded his head in return. “It’s nice to meet you to,” he grinned. She revealed next that she was a Konti and held her hand out. He responded to the hand shake before lowering his hand back to his side. Usually he’d dive straight in and hug someone new, not caring about boundaries, but after their shaky meeting even he realised that it probably wouldn’t be fully appropriate. He laughed at her teasing tone, curious about her. “I’ve heard of a Konti before, vaguely, but I’ve never met one.” He wasn’t sure what a Konti was and wanted to ask all sorts of questions about her, but none would be appropriate or relevant to the conversation so he decided to wait to see if he could slip some in later on.

“Oh, I’m not really from anywhere,” he chuckled, shrugging his shoulders, “I travel all over and rent places out, do jobs to earn enough money to live on and hunt most of my own food. How about you…where are you from?”

||Besnik|| ||3 years|| ||Kelvic|| ||Bondmate - Valo||
Sorry but posting will be slow until after the first week of January
Besnik
Player

Words: 81265
Joined roleplay: December 24th, 2012, 12:42 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Previous