Salvete~!

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Drop on by, introduce yourself, and let us know how you found us. In addition, don't be afraid to tell us what you'd like to get out of your Mizahar experience. Check out the stickies for more information.

Salvete~!

Postby Hyacinthea on January 15th, 2013, 6:40 pm

Hello! You can call me by my username (which is easiest), but on a name-to-name basis, I am Sarai. (: I found out about this forum by a simple Google search. >_>

I love writing, and have been RPing on an alternative chat-based, user-room chat site for almost twelve years. Writing and roleplaying is an "skill" or “experience” to me, which means, yeah, I have penchants but I do stylize in a few things. I really do like horror (Lovecraft, Clark Ashton Smith) and sometimes my writing mimic that. I switch between direct writing and poetic styles just because I find merit in each. However, I have a "word fetish", and I enjoy intensifying my vocabulary.

My favorite thing so far, going through a lot of threads and whatnot is the superiority of writing in general. I think partnership will be fun, and easy to slide myself in somewhere. I also appreciate the fact that it is all original -- meaning, this isn't some customary fantasy setting with a horde of elves and dwarves mixed with vampires and werewolves (-_-), lol. I am used to free form, from where I am from, and so I really enjoy the original races and setting.

On a personal note -- there are three things that dominate my life other than recreational writing: my work, my school, and my daughter.
I work as a morgue technician; I love my job, really -- despite some of the disadvantages. I observe autopsies, take notes (sometimes pictures), and then I gather my boss’ notes and transcribe their written reports to an online system.
School and academics are very important to me. I did my undergraduate studies in chemical technology, and now I -just- started my second year of my doctorate, which is in applied sciences, molecular biology. I plan to re-take on MCAT at the end of this year, to get into a better college. My MCAT score from two years ago was 33, and now I hope to get somewhere between 35-37.
Academics dominate my life, because I plan to be in school for the rest of my life. I have approximately five more years for my MD -- but I want to endure even past that. (: My conclusive goal is to work in infectious disease research, which will eventually require a PhD. I am a medical/science geek; there is no way around it. My brain is wired that way, ha-ha. I’ve been asked a lot why I didn’t just go for my PhD after my undergraduate studies, but I want to /practice/ before I research or write.
And then my daughter -- she is three and sunlight to my night, the anchor of my boat, and the shore of my ocean -- all that poetic stuff that basically means, she's my mini-me, attached to my hip. ^_^

Well, I think that is a proficient introduction. Hello, everyone!
Hyacinthea
Player

Words: 2468
Joined roleplay: January 15th, 2013, 5:59 pm
Race: Myrian

Salvete~!

Postby Evalin on January 16th, 2013, 7:15 pm

Hello and welcome to Mizahar! It is a pleasure to have you here, and be sure to read through your welcome PM completely. It has tons of cool stuff that will help you out :D

In addition to that I just wanted to say I would LOVE to talk to you about Miza or your academics at any time! Send me a PM, maybe we can do some threads together, and of course I do not mind in the slightest in helping you getting started in your Miza career :D. I am a prospective MD student myself, so I would love to chat a bit :). Good luck!

Eva
ImageImageImage

Wretched Aura: As a Wretched One Evalin possesses an unnatural aura about her that causes unease in those who get too close. It can come as a prickle of the hair on the back of the neck, a sense of 'wrongness' about her. How people experience it is different depending on their personality and how they handle the unnatural and unknown. Animals tend to become more agitated, more easily sensing how wrong Evalin is and often avoiding contact with her.
Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Words: 1033971
Joined roleplay: March 20th, 2012, 4:05 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Zinrah Seasonal Challenge (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Salvete~!

Postby Hyacinthea on January 16th, 2013, 8:52 pm

Awhyes!

I was secretly hoping I would bump into someone else with a love of biology, chemistry, and/or medicinal applications! This is wonderful. = p

Thank you very much for the warm welcome. I look forward to learning more about you. = )
Hyacinthea
Player

Words: 2468
Joined roleplay: January 15th, 2013, 5:59 pm
Race: Myrian