Avani Skychaser

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, all the character sheets are kept for player characters. Feel free to come on in, browse the forum, look at what sort of characters others have created, and then begin your very own!

Moderator: Liaisons

Avani Skychaser

Postby Avani on June 6th, 2010, 4:51 am

Aspiring shaman of the elements...

Name: Avani Skychaser of the Amethyst Clan
Birthdate: 31st of Winter 487AV.
Race: Drykas
Height: 5'8"
Weight: 125lbs
Eyes: Green
Hair: Brown

Likes: Avani enjoys nature, the earth and all it's rich soils, the animals that inhabit it and her sense of freedom. She also is very fond of the adrenaline that courses through her as she races down the plains of the Sea of Grass on her beloved Strider. She is also an avid collector of precious gems and rocks found in the soil and the bones of fallen beasts and rodents that she occasionally weaves into necklaces and bracelets.
Dislikes: Stupidity, the reckless endangerment of animals and the greed in men's hearts to tear and destroy the loving land. She also despises fish as food and walnuts.

Last edited by Avani on June 26th, 2010, 5:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Avani
Lithium Flower

Words: 4846
Joined roleplay: June 6th, 2010, 2:19 am
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet

Avani Skychaser

Postby Avani on June 6th, 2010, 4:51 am

Avani is a fairly tall young woman with wild brown hair and eyes the color of jade. Her skin is a golden brown from a life of traveling and racing through the fields of grass under the glaring sun. Her body, slender and small, is misleading, for Avani is a very strong individual capable of fending for herself. She is not a damsel to be rescued, but on the contrary, might be the savior to whomever might be in peril. A fierce expression is nearly always on her face, and her smoldering emerald eyes never lose their brilliance. Intricate windmarks flow from the nape of her neck down to the small of her back, a tattoo she will treasure for life.

Her clothes usually consists of mostly leather, and she is often seen adorned with many jewels, bones and pebbles she has made into necklaces or bracelets.

Avani is a free-spirited individual that loves to travel, explore new regions of Mizahar and study the art of magic. She is independent, fiercely loyal to her friends and is not afraid to speak her mind when it is necessary. She is intelligent and tactful when it comes to thorny predicaments and she is not afraid of unleashing her wrath on whoever is unfortunate enough to truly anger her. But regardless of her occasionally brash personality she is passionate and kind to those that are kind in return. She is not afraid to trust someone who shows her compassion and who shares similar interests.

Avani is often seen covered from head to toe in mud or dirt, as she enjoys the feeling and the scent of freshly turned earth. She is not one to mind what others think of her, and often shrugs off nasty glares people might send her way for whatever reason; she would laugh at their animosity.
Avani
Lithium Flower

Character sheet

Avani Skychaser

Postby Avani on June 6th, 2010, 4:52 am

A muddy and dirt filled diary. Amethysts adorning the cover, dull in color, but still glinting under the light of the sun. The pages inside are far from pristine, but with words that are printed with much force and determination.

"My name is Avani Skychaser. I can be called Ava, Avi or Ani, whichever you prefer. I hail from the Amethyst Clan of the Cyphrus plains. My first home. My second home is the very land we live on, where all the wonders of the world are hidden well beneath the soil, somewhere far beyond our reach. I wish to be a keeper of those secrets; a protector, a guardian. Since a young age, my parents have constantly told me about the world of Mizahar and the elements that govern it. The wind is the gentle caress that touches your cheeks as you race by on a graceful strider, the earth the stepping stones on which without it you would fall into a perpetual void. Fire is the giver of life and often that which takes from it. It can destroy whole forests and fauna, but from it springs forth new varieties of plants and a continued existence. Water is the salvation for the world, the essence of every being put into one melting pool, swaying and ever moving, changing and adapting to every obstacle in its way.

But me, I am stubborn like the rocks littered throughout the Sea of Grass. I stand defiant and also appreciative of these elements. I wish to command them and not wreak havoc, but to understand our world better and feel the very breath of life that makes it come into existence. I was the child that would wrestle in the mud, digging out those finely shaped pebbles and stones, or worms that wriggled its way around my toes. I was the girl that cried in joy on the day my strider came forth to me and became my long standing companion through thick and thin. I grew up through the days gone by traveling, with only the words of my uncles and aunts, my parents and cousins, sharing stories and myths constantly of the gods and goddesses that ruled our world. I became inspired, and told my father that I would become a shaman; I would strive to become an avatar for the elements to speak through. Was this even possible? I asked myself. My great great grandfather had been a great magician, hailing from the lands of the Drykas but becoming a teacher in Zeltiva. He had learned the ways of fire, water, air and earth, and if he was capable of doing so, why couldn’t I? But I would not simply just use these powers. I would harness it, seek to understand it, and speak with it in ways I never knew was possible.

It was the summer of 510AV, when the sheer willpower spewed forth from me to control what I had been meaning to control for last 5 years: the earth. That was also a time when a great cloud loomed overhead foreseeing an ill omen. The last day I would see my younger cousin Sahea. Even riding out into the Sea of Grass could spell peril when packs of glass beaks roamed far and wide. One such pack caused the death of my cousin. I had been spared this fate at the time because I had been far enough away to not have caught their attention, but still I could see quite clearly how they tore her apart, limb from limb, and how her cries chilled me to the bone. My mind had been a blank slate in that moment. And the sheer anguish and willpower that surged through my very veins had been enough to cause the tiniest of pebbles to lift themselves off the ground and surround me. I was thinking, with all the hatred that consumed me, Let these beasts die at the hands of the very earth that holds them! But it did not come to pass. The rocks had fallen, and there was nothing left but the howling wind and the torrential rains and my own feeling of exhaustion.

No, these glass beaks did not deserve to die. They were only following their instinct, albeit a brutal one. My hatred of them was not so completely and utterly consuming that I hunted their asses in the hopes of their extinction. This was an impossible feat. Years went by and I understood the nature of the beasts. And my growing excitement for newfound powers took my mind away from the feeling of guilt I felt for the death of my cousin.

And here I am. A young woman with a fiery attitude. Loud, boisterous and stubborn. I will not change who I am and how I see life for the whims of others. I am proud of my heritage, my people, and who I strive to become. Semele is my beloved Goddess, and Caihya my second Mother. I will do t his for myself and for them, to prove to them that I can be headstrong in my pursuit. My goal is to travel the treacherous lands, hone my skills in reimancy and become a master guardian of Semele’s body."
Last edited by Avani on June 18th, 2010, 9:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Avani
Lithium Flower

Character sheet

Avani Skychaser

Postby Avani on June 6th, 2010, 4:53 am

+15/100 Horse Riding (Racial)
+20/100 Reimancy (Earth)
+5/100 Jewelcrafting
+5/100 Horsemanship
+5/100 Land Navigation
+10/100 Geology

Lore: Cyphrus Geography
Lore: Gems of Cyphrus

Family Heirloom: Amethyst ring engraved with grandmother's initials.

1 Set of Clothing (cloak/coat & footwear included)
1 Waterskin
1 Backpack which contains:
1 Set of Toiletries (comb, brush, razor, soap)
Food for a week
1 eating knife
Flint & Steel

-1 large tent (4 person)
-large tarp
-100 ft of rope
-flint & steel
-lantern
-2 torches
-bedroll
-blanket
-fishing tackle & hooks