[Verified by Paragon] Aaryn Broadbent

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, all the character sheets are kept for player characters. Feel free to come on in, browse the forum, look at what sort of characters others have created, and then begin your very own!

Moderator: Liaisons

Aaryn Broadbent

Postby Aaryn Broadbent on January 24th, 2013, 12:13 am

The Basics

Name: Aaryn Broadbent
Race: Human
Birthday: Spring 488 AV

Appearance

Aaryn is of average height and weight, with a thin layer or muscle beneath his skin, and a set of wide shoulders. He wears his long black hair in a loose ponytail, tied up with a bit of string or leather, or generally anything that comes in handy. His eyes are blue, his face somewhat statuesque, and he's rarely completely clean shaven.

He dresses well, something instilled into him by his mother at a very young age. He usually wears nice cotton shirts, tailored breeches, a heavy cloak, and a pair of dark leather boots. Most, if not all, of his clothes have inkstains...somewhere.

He could be viewed as handsome, though he rarely thinks as much about himself. He simply ignores the jealous stares as well as those full of hope. It's just the way he is.

Most importantly is the Lacun mark, located above his heart. After Kayle's death, it took the form of a dark keyhole, signifying that the key to his heart and soul was lost.

Personality

When first meeting Aaryn, the word that first springs to mind is cool. While not cold and distant, his mother's training forbade that, he rarely goes out of his way to make friends. His polite mannerisms are skin deep, and most smiles he gives are false and halfhearted.

Aaryn is sullen, moody, and most often quiet. He prefers to sit and watch scenes unfold, scribbling notes into his journal. If his interest is peaked enough, or if he feels he has something significant to bring to a conversation he will speak. More often than not it will be a simple, succinct statement summing up his beliefs and how they relate to the topic at hand. Occasionally, he will give much longer speeches, depending on how passionate he is about the subject.

Very rarely will he be comfortable enough to make friends, though if it were to occur, he'd be loyal to the very end. He knows how to charm a woman and bring her back to his bed, but he rarely does, and the few times he has since the death of his wife have been brief, almost entirely physical affairs which he quickly grows tired of.

Perhaps, deep down, he seeks love again, but the very thought sends waves of guilt rolling through his mind. He makes sure none of this is known to those around him, preferring to keep his emotions hidden behind a blank face and a set of slate eyes.

History

Winter 1, 512 AV. From the Journal of Aaryn Broadbent, written in his own hand

"It is a terrible shame that one as young as I should feel so old.

I was born in the Spring of 488 AV and for a long time I led a charmed life. My father was a successful merchant. His wares were shipped around the world, and in return he grew wealthy. Because of this, my mother had time to do whatever it was she pleased. Perhaps it was that that made me who I am today.

While my father worked, my mother taught me to be the perfect gentleman. She taught me to read and write, to question my surroundings and to seek knowledge above all. She passed on to me her desire to learn, as well as her mannerisms. Gods how I hated those lessons in etiquette. Mother desperately wanted me to go to the University, and I daresay had things gone differently I more than likely would have.

When I was away from my mother, and not aimlessly wandering the city, I went to the offices of my father. There he began my education regarding the family business. I found the world of accounting and numbers dry, and somewhat distasteful. Oftentimes, I would sneak away mid-lesson, only to be found later in some crevice with my face in a book. Though some days were different. On rare occasions, my father would bring me outside and teach me to use his rapier. He was quite the swordsman in his day. Even when time had stolen the color from his beard and the youthful spring from his step, he could wield that blade like none other.

I had seen seventeen years before my father decided that it was time for me to marry. My wife to be was the daughter of another Zeltivan merchant. It was my father's plan, and her own father's I imagine, to create a 'dynasty' of sorts. I met my wife on the day of my wedding. With all the Gods bearing witness, I'd swear that she was the most beautiful woman I'd ever seen. The same age as me, she had auburn hair, green eyes, and tan skin. Her name was Kayle.

At first she was stiff, awkward and uncomfortable. We spoke perhaps twice throughout the celebration, and when the time came for us to consummate our marriage I allowed her the bed and kept to the floor. As time passed though, we began to love one another, and a marriage of convenience became something more.

The year I turned twenty, my lovely wife bore me a son. Aarys, after his grandfather. I was working for my father as a scribe, spending my rare days off sneaking into University lectures and lolling about with my wife and newborn son. I, for a brief moment, was a man who had everything he could ever ask for.

The will of the Gods is fickle, and they cast favor and disdain with equal recklessness. As a younger man, I believed they wielded this power with the utmost caring and responsibility. Now, I see them for what they are; divine children, doing for the sake of doing, and not giving a damn about the mortals whose lives they meddle in. My wife and son...were taken from me...by the sea. The sea that I had grown up by, that I had splashed in with my wife and child, betrayed me. They were on a vacation. My father had taken ill, so I was left to mind the shop. She went with her own family, and on the last leg of the return journey their ship was caught in a storm.

I wonder. If I had the powers of the Gods, would I return to them the gift of life? Would I fetch them from the afterlife and return them to me?

Enough of this. It's time for me to take a leave from this dusty work, step outside and feel the sun on my face. Perhaps go for a pint. Until we continue dear reader.

Until we continue."

Possessions

1 Set of Clothing
-Simple Shirt
-Simple Pants
-Simple Undergarments
-Heavy Winter Cloak
-Leather Boots
-Small sketch of wife and son (Heirloom)
-1 Waterskin
-1 Backpack which contains:
-Comb (Wood)
-Brush (Wood)
-Soap
-Razor
-Balanced Rations (1 Week’s Worth)
-1 eating knife
-Flint & Steel
-Quill
-Ink Vial
-Journal