Newbie Here

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Drop on by, introduce yourself, and let us know how you found us. In addition, don't be afraid to tell us what you'd like to get out of your Mizahar experience. Check out the stickies for more information.

Newbie Here

Postby Trovian on June 6th, 2010, 7:16 pm

Hello everyone, I stumbled across this site on The Admin Zone forum directory whilst looking for a good PbP RPG to play. I love RPing and fantasy, and I really enjoy reading and writing. Just thought I would say hi :)

My real name is Dan, I'm 17 (18 two weeks today). I enjoy most sports with Football, Snooker and Boxing being my favourite. I enjoy reading and writing as I have said above. Hope to spend some time here and join in with the fun :)
Trovian
Player

Words: 7717
Joined roleplay: June 6th, 2010, 7:14 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet

Newbie Here

Postby Aren on June 6th, 2010, 8:04 pm

*Reporting for Duty* Hi there. Welcome to the forums. Check the lore if you dont know something, or ask in chat... everyone is real friendly there.
Aren
By Wysar's blue balls!

Words: 434994
Joined roleplay: May 28th, 2010, 6:44 am
Race: Akalak
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Newbie Here

Postby Ash'eny on June 6th, 2010, 8:13 pm

How's it going Dan! I've got no clue what Snooker is, but I love boxing, even if I suck at it terribly. Anyway, it sounds like you'll fit in perfectly here. If you plan on starting out in Syliras then feel free to send me a message or expect to see me stalking through any Open threads there.
Ash'eny
Thief of Hearts

Words: 195301
Joined roleplay: June 4th, 2010, 8:17 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Newbie Here

Postby Aren on June 6th, 2010, 8:16 pm

Seriously... what's snooker?
Aren
By Wysar's blue balls!

Words: 434994
Joined roleplay: May 28th, 2010, 6:44 am
Race: Akalak
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Newbie Here

Postby Gossamer on June 6th, 2010, 8:19 pm

Snooker? *lol* I'll bite too. Welcome Dan! We like new folks here. :)
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Newbie Here

Postby Ash'eny on June 6th, 2010, 8:23 pm

Snooker is a cue sport that is played on a large green baize-covered table with pockets in each of the four corners and in the middle of each of the long side cushions. A regular (full-size) table is 12 × 6 ft (3.7 × 1.8 m). It is played using a cue and snooker balls: one white cue ball, 15 red balls worth one point each, and six balls of different colours: yellow (2 points), green (3), brown (4), blue (5), pink (6) and black (7).[1] A player (or team) wins a frame (individual game) of snooker by scoring more points than the opponent(s), using the cue ball to pot the red and coloured balls. A player wins a match when a certain number of frames have been won.
~Wikipedia

Anyway, like Goss says, you are totally welcome here! Have fun and rule the world!
Ash'eny
Thief of Hearts

Joined roleplay: June 4th, 2010, 8:17 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Newbie Here

Postby Trovian on June 6th, 2010, 9:07 pm

Wow, I really didn't know that snooker wasn't that commonly known! I guess it's true that you learn something new every day. Basically like pool with a points system and a hell of a lot harder. There are 15 red balls, all worth 1 point each. You must go through all the reds before you start on the colours (in order). When you pot a red you may go for a colour of your choice (excluding red). If you pot it you put it back on the table on its spot and go back to reds and carry on the cycle. If you foul, the other player gets 4 points (for potting the cue ball or for missing all of the balls entirely). If you hit a colour when you are supposed to be on reds then the other player will get that colours points onto theirs. The colours points are in the post above ^_^ that's the basics really.

I'm glad to be a part of the community here, everyone seems very friendly and thank you all for your warm welcomes :)
Trovian
Player

Words: 7717
Joined roleplay: June 6th, 2010, 7:14 pm
Character sheet

Newbie Here

Postby Ash'eny on June 6th, 2010, 10:13 pm

Anytime man, hope you enjoy it here.
Ash'eny
Thief of Hearts