Flashback Hounding Hargal (Solo)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The Diamond of Kalea is located on Kalea's extreme west coast and called as such because its completely made of a crystalline substance called Skyglass. Home of the Alvina of the Stars, cultural mecca of knowledge seekers, and rife with Ethaefal, this remote city shimmers with its own unique light.

Hounding Hargal (Solo)

Postby Zandelia on January 26th, 2013, 9:07 pm

Summer 36th, 504 AV – Shooting Star Inn

The last few days had been filled with the simple enjoyment of everyday experiences, the breath of the wind upon her cheek and the tranquility of the glowing night-time streets of the city. They had been beautiful in their own way but drearily tedious. She was not a stationary person by nature, lack of activity bringing a despondence to her existence that was worse than being physically injured as far as she was concerned. She had come to Lhavit upon her journeys as it had been lauded as a centre for learning – anything. Yet, since she had arrived she had learnt decidedly little of her skills – Intelligence and information gathering. She could boast some small advancement but nothing more.

That business with Hargal proved that I was far from masterful at least. It showed me my weakness and that I need to improve. But how can I improve when there is petch all to work with? she railed to herself mentally.

She sighed and looked around the interior of The Shooting Star Inn, the selections of various white velvets reflecting the light from the windows brightly. She sat upon an exquisitely carved wooden chair, soft pillows cushioning her body from all discomfort. The table before her was precisely arranged, water bowl for finger dipping and cutlery gleaming with the effort of a worker’s buffing. She smiled briefly as she admitted that the Lhavitians definitely knew how to serve their customers, their every act an attempt at perfection in their given trade. She was beginning to see the positives of such an ordered approach to life and how she would be wise to apply such a philosophy to her own. One of the servers approached her with a small bow of respect – Zandelia had learnt a small amount by helping to protect her place of lodging from drunken revelers.

“What can I get you today Zandelia? The usual?” the boy asked her, quill poised to write down her order to make sure her wishes were served precisely.

“Breakfast please Shayun, and I’m starting to not mind the spices,” she told him with a grin, remembering how the occupants of the room laughed as she had spat out her fist taste of their cuisine,” upon her arrival, “and a glass of Lhavitian red wine too. Have a long day ahead of me” she told him. Her small jest had won her a smile in return, she was learning how to break through the reserved nature of her keepers.

“As you wish mistress,” he told her and turned to fetch her order, pausing and turning back for a few moments, “will you be returning for the restful hours?” he asked her with a questioning look.

“Not all of them, I am afraid, but I will be here for two of them at least” she told him. She knew why he had asked, the owner of the establishment liked to know when they had reliable guests.

Shayun nodded at her, slightly deeper this time as the news of his day glowed a little brighter than it had before. Shayun was a peaceful individual and disliked having to uphold the peace between drunkards, something Zandelia had little problem with. As he left her she considered her days’ activities and found them to be lacking. She would have to try and sniff something out, hound it down for her assimilation, or she would tear herself apart soon. A few minutes later Shayun returned with her order and placed a small scroll upon the table next to it. She looked up at him with a raised eyebrow.

“From a friend” was all he told her before sweeping off to cater to another client.

She began to eat her food, the spices still stinging her sensitive tongue but less than they had done so before. It was true that she was getting used to it, though she would have eaten local cuisine with gusto at any rate. It often paid very well to integrate with the denizens of a city and their culture. It made you less of an outsider and more of their tastes – a perception that was important in her line of work. No one wanted to provide strangers with information and rumors that might be damaging to their reputations. As he finished of the bowl of steaming stew she opened the scroll, leaning back to read it with the wine in her hand. Her eyes widened a little but she drained her glass easily and tucked the message into her clothing.

What could he want with me? she thought as she made her way to the exit, her day slightly improved and her curiosity piqued.

Zandelia
I Aim To Misbehave

Words: 1798131
Joined roleplay: September 23rd, 2011, 12:35 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
2011 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)