New Guy

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, users can ask questions of one another to work through issues. New players are encouraged to ask their questions here before they turn to the Help Desk or a storyteller.

Moderators: Liaisons, Assistant Storytellers, Regional Storytellers, Domain Storytellers

New Guy

Postby Xadel on February 4th, 2013, 9:23 pm

Hey everyone,

I'm new to the site and was looking or some insight. I'm waffling between choices and not sure what would give me the best experience.

I'm thinking my PC will be Vantha. But should he be a home body that joins the ice watch or traveling rogue? Any insight or help would be appreciated.
Xadel
The Firefox

Words: 23335
Joined roleplay: February 1st, 2013, 7:15 pm
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

New Guy

Postby Ayanna on February 10th, 2013, 6:05 pm

Traveling in Mizahar is extremely difficult, it's not like what we have now with roads everywhere. It's untamed, dangerous wilderness. You have to be prepared for your character to go through hardships, days without food, predators everywhere. You have to be prepared to be killed if a mod thinks you are having too easy of a time going through the wilderness. Your character will be attacked, he will be injured. But you get to visit new places and people.

I'm not saying you shouldn't travel, I like to travel but I make sure my PC's history of traveling is with a caravan or via the sea, which is the safest way to travel even if it's filled with pirates. Traveling alone is very difficult and very dangerous. Predators are more likely to attack a lone travel rather than a group of them.

This video Gossamer made is a good thing to watch before you go out into the wilderness:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMcNJPDnsCY

But being a traveler does have it's perks, and it's downfalls. If you travel it's easier to find quests that's for sure, and you meet a lot of players and make connections.

Being a homebody is good as well though, and if your character is a full blooded Vantha he will have less of a pull to travel, he'll be more inclined to want to stay at home. You make better connections to the mods there and then you're more likely to get surprises from the Mods who are happy you stayed in their area, they like it if you stay. Your more likely to get great modded threads as well.

Hope this helped you out some! If a mod says anything I said is wrong listen to them!

Beauty's sister is vanity,
and in this world it is the only place to turn
when I am forever judged on my
appearance.

Okay guys sorry I've been off for awhile, real life has this way of sneaking up on you. I'm not going to elaborate on what's going on in my life cause that's my business but know that I've got a lot on my plate and I had to take a step back from Mizahar. I'll being posting sporadically and I'm sorry. I'll get on when can.
Ayanna
Player

Words: 46176
Joined roleplay: June 18th, 2012, 3:06 am
Race: Symenestra
Character sheet