[Verified by Kraken] Ayanna Nightshade

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, all the character sheets are kept for player characters. Feel free to come on in, browse the forum, look at what sort of characters others have created, and then begin your very own!

Moderator: Liaisons

Ayanna Nightshade

Postby Ayanna on June 26th, 2012, 2:34 am

A y a n n a
N i g h t s h a d e

[center]
Basic Information

Name: Ayanna Nightshade, her last name used to be Gardenia, she changed it eventually to Nightshade. A way to remind herself that others can never see her as beautiful and a way to help her self fulfilling prophecy of people immediately distrusting and disliking her appearance. Anyone knowing of the plant Nightshade will probably want to say away from her.
Nicknames: Ay, Ana, Aya.
Race: Symenestra
Birthday & Age : 31st of Winter 492 AV 20
Height: 5 feet
Weight: 90 lbs

Physical Description

Ayanna has the same lithe, dancer like body most of her kind shares. Not as well endowed as some women of other races Ayanna is still something to behold. Snow white skin traced with delicate swirling grey veins. Amethyst eyes looking out at you, into you. And long white hair with streaks of black randomly placed throughout it. Her arms are longer than most humans and thinner as well, the pale skin hides the easily broken bones that she is constantly aware of. Her fingers are long and thin, much like a pianist's. They are always adorned with long onyx colored claws. Her face which holds the violet eyes also hold well placed cheekbones and a slightly pointed chin. Full, rosebud lips don't hide much from her features and neither do her eyes.
[/center]

Character Concept
A word that can describe Ayanna is vain. There are others than can describe her as well, curious, reckless at times, adventurous, dangerous, even sometimes kind can be used as an adjective to describe this woman. But vanity is something that over shadows her other traits sometimes.

Ayanna is constantly worried about the state of her appearance. While she wears only some khol or mica around her eyes at most she still worries about how pale she is and the grey veins dancing across her skin. She has spent enough time outside of her home to understand the reactions she gets from people. Fear and revulsion, for Ayanna wasn't always vain. In her home she was as beautiful as the other Symenestra females. But outsiders see her longer arms as unnatural or disgusting and her pallor is something to balk at not admire. The grey trails on her skin as ugly to some. Only her hair and eyes are seen as something desirable. Because of this Ayanna is constantly thinking of her looks. She's also very sensitive about them, compliments about her looks will be taken very well but any insult can seriously hurt her delicate ego.

Ayanna, for her vanity, is very curious about the world, wanting to see everything and meet all the races. She is quite curious about how some races live, what they do, how their societies are. She wants to know everything, see everything. She has a curiosity rivaled only by a Zith. She's always trying to get into new things and if something, or someone, piques her interest she will follow them or try this thing or activity.

With her curiosity comes a sense of want. She wants to get into fights, she wants to find hidden treasures. She wants to experience adventures. She wants to live. She can't stay in one place for long unless it has things or people she is interested by, otherwise she'll be gone, off to find the next interesting thing or adventure.

In her curiosity and her quest for adventure Ayanna is subject to being a tad bit reckless. While she makes sure to only be a ranged combatant she will never run from a fight. Although don't expect a clean or honorable fight, when your as delicate as she you'll pull any underhanded trick to keep yourself in tact. She'll follow people or investigate occurrences that are best for someone like her to leave be.

Like all of her kind Ayanna is dangerous, she knows to keep a distance but she can keep and attackers far from her with a well placed arrow. Her whip, used for closer combat, can slice an assailant into pieces quite quickly.

But, even if she is dangerous, she is kind. One thing people are always surprised by is when she shows her kind side. She is one of the Sym's who doesn't want to have children through surrogates, instead she'd rather have the child herself, either by a Symenestra male or whatever male she happens to fall for. But she refuses to let another woman die because she wanted a child. And Ayanna holds a love for children, while she will never seek them because most are scared of her any that come to her will be met with a warm woman prepared to give them just about anything they want. She is also kind to friends, loyal to them as well. Any people willing to friend one of her kind that is. S

Moral Code

Ayanna has a small moral code.
Keep Yourself and Friends Safe
Children Are To Be Protected
Only Eat Animals
Friends Deserve Loyalty Until Proven Otherwise
Do Whatever It Takes To Win A Fight
Promises Must Be Kept

Character History
Pre-Creation
Ayanna was born to a surrogate mother, who died soon after the birth. She was raised by a Symenestra mother and father, and she had a sister and brother. Her brother was older than her and her sister was younger. As the first female born she was cherished and pampered until her younger sister was born, when her parents began to lavish attention on her Ayanna was free to do as she pleased. Her brother had already shadowed a few of their cousins on Harvest's and had told her of what went on in them. her brother shared much of her preference for Symenestrans carrying their children instead of surrogates. But he was loyal to his family, his 'Web', and would do as their parents dictated or as she or her sister needed.

Her brother only shared a fraction of her curious and adventurous nature, preferring to only go out on Harvest's and rarely going on gleanings unless Ayanna begged him to take her with him for her to gain more information. Ayanna participated on two gleaning before she turned fifteen, around the time she began to truly chafe at her 'bindings'. She had heard of the world outside of their underworld city and she wanted to experience it. She had talked to surrogates, becoming more sympathetic with each one she had a conversation with. She had conversations with several Dryaks, Benshira, Inartan's, Svefra, and Vantha. She heard about their homes, their adventures, their families. She knew she wanted nothing to do with the Harvests and made it clear to any surrogate she was trying to talk to. After a time most came around and told her about the world.

One night she finally made up her mind, it was a few weeks before her sixteenth birthday and she decided she'd go then. She began to gather things she'd need. she bought armor and a Lash, with her brother's help. She had learned how to use ranged weapons form a small age, both from her parents and her brother. They had spotted her travelers soul long before she did and had made sure she would be able to protect herself if anything came her way. She was trained to use a Lash, a common Symenestra weapon. She loved the weapon, the way it glittered and the way it could slice an enemy to bits. Next she learned the long bow and how to handle and draw it, even how to string it, because you can't leave a bow strung or you'll wear out the string and bow. She then again had to learn how to do all of this in armor.

So she began to buy the things she'd need and on her birthday her family told her good by as she left to see the world. Over time she acquired more items and more skills. She has seen the area around Kalinor and has finally managed to journey to Riverfall after being helped there by a few merchant caravans.

Post-Creation

Training (Skills, Arcana, Gnosis, Lore)

Skill
Skill Points How They Were Acquired
Symenestra Whip 21 +20 pts SP +1
Hypnotism 11 +10pts SP +1
Archery (Long Bow) 11 +10pts SP +1
Acrobatics 11 10pts Racial Bonus +1
Socialization 11 +5 +2 +3+1
Hunting 5 +5pts Starter Package
Wilderness Survival 5 +5pts SP
Observation 5 +3+2
Climbing 3 +1+2
Debate 3 +3
Negotiation 1 +1

Arcana
N/A

Gnosis
N/A

Languages
Language 1: Symenos (Fluent)
Language 2: Common(Basic)

Lore
Wilderness Survival (Sleeping Outdoors)
How to Avoid Travellers
Informing People of Her Vast Experiences
Desmus: The Drykas is Arrogant
Naeya: The Konti is kind
Taking Rest In A Tree
Restraining Oneself in the Face Of Strange Urges
Easily Giving Apologies
Being Snarky To Strangers
Lecturing Strangers
Lamenting Your Own Digestive System
Would Life Have Been Different in Falyndar?
Kelvics Don't Care About Nudity
The First Steps in Communication
A Kelvic Guardian?
Standing Guard of Naeya
Looking for a sailor
The Bizarre

Equipment and Possessions

Items
~ Ornate Mirror (White) Heirloom
~ 1 Waterskin SP
~ 1 Silk Backpack SP
~ Comb (wood) SP
~ Brush (Wood) SP
~ Razor (Steel) SP
~ Soap SP
~ Fruit rations SP
~ 1 eating knife SP
~ Flint & Steel Sp
~ Climber Quiver Purchased
~ Quiver (leather) Purchased
~ Rucksack (Leather) Purchased
~ Hammock Purchased

Clothes
~Silk Body wrap(dark purple) SP
~ Exoskeleton Shirt (Symenestra Only) (light purple) SP
~Silk Underclothes (Black) SP
~Silk Leggings (Silver) SP
~Medium Wool Stockings (White)Purchased
~Light Sandals SP
~Silk Cloak(dark purple almost black) SP
~ Symenestra Armor Purchased
~ Leather Belt Purchased
~ Shadow Purple Felt cloak with a Fur Trimmed Hood Purchased

Weapons

[b]~
Long Bow (composite) Purchased
~ Longbow Arrows (40)Purchased
~ Symenestra Lash Purchased

Animal Companions
N/A

Sleeping Arrangements
Traded in living arrangements, sleeps in a hammock outdoors.

Ledger

Purchase Cost Total
Starting +100GM 100GM
Starter Housing Package (Traded In) +500GM 600GM
Quiver -20gm 580gm
Climber Quiver-50gm 530gm
Rucksack-1gm 529gm
Hammock-5gm 524gm
Long Bow (Composite)-100gm 424gm
Longbow Arrows (40)-2gm 422gm
Symenestra Lash-70gm 352gm
Symenestra Armor -90gm 262gm
34 days at Kulkukan Tavern 6gm 4sm 255gm 6sm
83 Days at Travelers Row 8gm 3sm 247gm 3sm
Summer Living Expenses (poor) -45gm 202gm 3sm
Small Leather Belt -2sm 202gm 1sm
Small Felt Fur Trimmed Dyed Cloak -12sm 50cm 200gm 9sm 50cm
Small Felt Fur Trimmed Dyed Hood -13cm200gm 9sm 37cm
Dyed Small Wool Stockings -4sm 50cm 200gm 4sm 87cm
Living Expenses for Winter -45gms 155gm 4sm 87cm
Last edited by Ayanna on March 5th, 2013, 11:39 pm, edited 24 times in total.

Beauty's sister is vanity,
and in this world it is the only place to turn
when I am forever judged on my
appearance.

Okay guys sorry I've been off for awhile, real life has this way of sneaking up on you. I'm not going to elaborate on what's going on in my life cause that's my business but know that I've got a lot on my plate and I had to take a step back from Mizahar. I'll being posting sporadically and I'm sorry. I'll get on when can.
Ayanna
Player

Words: 46176
Joined roleplay: June 18th, 2012, 3:06 am
Character sheet

Ayanna Nightshade

Postby Ayanna on January 12th, 2013, 4:44 pm

Threads

Flashbacks:

Season Year Day Name Status
Spring 511 20th [Flashback]A Trip To The Jungle Wilds [Kirmir] Graded

Threads
[/b]

Beauty's sister is vanity,
and in this world it is the only place to turn
when I am forever judged on my
appearance.

Okay guys sorry I've been off for awhile, real life has this way of sneaking up on you. I'm not going to elaborate on what's going on in my life cause that's my business but know that I've got a lot on my plate and I had to take a step back from Mizahar. I'll being posting sporadically and I'm sorry. I'll get on when can.
Ayanna
Player

Words: 46176
Joined roleplay: June 18th, 2012, 3:06 am
Character sheet