The Sun and Raine (Sam)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

While Sylira is by far the most civilized region of Mizahar, countless surprises and encounters await the traveler in its rural wilderness. Called the Wildlands, Syliran's wilderness is comprised of gradual rolling hills in the south that become deep wilderness in the north. Ruins abound throughout the wildlands, and only the well-marked roads are safe.

The Sun and Raine (Sam)

Postby Kamrynn Sleightyr on June 19th, 2010, 10:57 pm

The young knight could scarcely believe how fast Sam cleared the distance between them. The seemingly insurmountable distance dissipated like magic -each time Kamrynn threw a look over his shoulder, Samael and Horse had halved the distance between them.

Kamrynn struggled to stay in his saddle, he couldn't find the rhythm in Raine's gate, and both rider and horse suffered for it -top speed was out of the question. Coupled with the added load that the knight (light as he was) and his armor added, the race was a close match, and indeed, ended in a draw.

The two riders broke off on either side of the boulder as they finished and reigned their heavily breathing horses in -Kamrynn with considerably more difficulty than Sam. The knight trotted his mount up to Samael with awe and written plainly on his face. "Wow!" He exclaimed. "Horse must be the fastest creature in all of Sylira! That was incredible! Do you race him? You could make a fortune!"

Raine, too, seemed impressed. She reared her head back a bit and whinnied playfully at Horse.
Kamrynn Sleightyr
Syliran Knight

Words: 71523
Joined roleplay: April 22nd, 2010, 8:37 pm
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet

The Sun and Raine (Sam)

Postby Sama'el Sunsinger on June 20th, 2010, 6:42 pm

"Well," he said, cheeks flushed from the excitement of the race, "Horse didn't have to carry any of your armor, and I'm light enough a strong breeze might blow me away..." He laughed. Not quite that light, but certainly light for his size. Wandering like a breeze, he didn't always get regular meals. "But he is rather fast. Windrunners make good couriers, and I might race him if there was a race to be had."

He grinned at the thought of a wreath of leaves and flowers being draped around Horse's neck, and pretty girls oohing and aahing at Sam as he received the prize, which in his daydream amounted to the keys to the city, and a palace of his own. It burst like a soap bubble, though, and he knew he would get tired of all that and want to be out in the open again.

"You didn't do badly," he said. "You and Raine need to get used to each other, and she needs to get used to all that armor. Perhaps when you're a richer knight, you can have some master smith you some more streamlined armor for riding... keep you safe, but give the old girl a break as far as weight, you know? She's strong, but the armor will tire her out faster."
Sama'el Sunsinger
Not all those that wander are lost.

Words: 718167
Joined roleplay: March 15th, 2010, 6:26 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Featured Thread (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

The Sun and Raine (Sam)

Postby Nisaba on December 16th, 2010, 4:23 am

Grade Complete: XP Award!

Name: Kamrynn

XP Award
Riding- 3 XP

Kamrynn learned quite a bit from the back of his horse, as well as from the words of Sama’el. If the thread hadn’t ended so suddenly, I’m sure there would have, at least, been max points in riding.

Lore Award
My Ego Has a BooBoo
Being Impressed
Headstart
Racing: Draw

Grade Complete: XP Award!

Name: Sam

XP Award
Horsemanship- 1 XP
Teaching- 2 XP
Riding- 2 XP

Sam’s knowledge of horses and the best way to help Kamrynn learn to ride (with better armor to ease the strain on the mare) earned him a horsemanship point. His explanation of the breed and how to get riding lessons at the stables earned him teaching points. The way he sat and rode Horse earned him two riding points. Please let me know if I missed anything.

Lore Award
Respecting a Syliran Knight
Showing Off
Racing: Draw
Rich Daydreams

Additional Note:
This was a nice thread. The prose was direct but lovely. Both the horse descriptions and the way Sam and Kam interacted were incredibly well-written. I was sad to see that you two could not continue and I couldn’t read more, but I know how things can come up and take time away from Mizahar, no matter how much you wish it was otherwise.
I just started a new job where I occassionally work 12hour shifts (somehow?)- so please bear with me. I'll probably only be able to hardcore grade/be online on the weekends and other times I'll only get to about 1 thread per night. If there's anything that needs immediate attention, please PM me and I'll bump it up the list. Thanks in advance for the understanding. ^_^
Nisaba
Retired Staff

Words: 32038
Joined roleplay: November 26th, 2010, 2:56 am
Race: Staff account
Office

Previous