Closed Blond And "Blonder" ( Pm to join/Zand )

Xi is off training down on the ground floor of the spires, conditioning his second magic when he's stumbled upon by a certain stealthy compadre.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built high in the massive branches of Taldera's bloodwood forest, The Spires is a city crafted by the peaceful and scholarly Jamoura. Considered a haven for scholars and sages Mizahar-wide, The Spires is a mecca of philosophy and science that draws people from far and wide with its promise of deeper thinking and higher reasoning.

Blond And "Blonder" ( Pm to join/Zand )

Postby Ximal on February 8th, 2013, 2:07 pm

28th winter 512AV

Slight frosted floors and crisp snow. A fresh falling from the night before. Xi sighed as he stepped out onto the cold floor, the simple white plainness around him a strak contrast to the now blackened looking bark of the trees. A monochrome picturesque sight around him. Still Xi took a deep breath as he glanced around him taking in both the cold surroundings and scanning for any possible followers or passers by of which he saw neither. Xi then took a slow deep breath before dropping his hood back. and sliding his fingers up to his head. Golden. Simple golden rays, the first crack of sunlight at dawn, the bright golden expanse of the sky in the early morning. You. Will. Become. Gold. Dragging his hands back across his forehead and along his scalp his hair followed his hands in it's slow change, turning form deep midnight jet black to a bright radiant sunlight gold colour, reminiscent of his little thieving friend ana's hair, the golden colours sweeping down and following into his beard. Taking a deep slow breath he let hia arms fall from his sides before flexing his fingers lightly, feeling a slioght shake in them...This was different from when he used flux, he'd gotten so used to the amount of power it took he could cut it down to what he needed but this was new...Something he wasn't experienced with. The slight shake in his hands subsided after a few moment's more like a sudden urge for sugar more than anything else. Xi took a deep slow breath as he wondered his thoughts over the current situation.
Last edited by Ximal on February 9th, 2013, 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"Common" "Myrian" "Nari"
Ximal
No man is free

Words: 949188
Joined roleplay: March 26th, 2012, 9:44 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Zandelia on February 9th, 2013, 5:57 pm

Zandelia had found herself with little to do for the day, her activities going smoothly for the most part and her guard’s shift would not start until the evening was upon the horizon – she had opted for as many night time pursuits as possible when trapped in the Spires, it at least held enough mystery to capture her imagination and beat back the tedium that rippled around her until it was safe to depart towards another city. She had been planning with Neilles recently, both exchanging information and drawing up a list of needed supplies and ways to try and obtain them, some were quite illegal of course but they were not unfathomably wealthy. They would do as best as they could before they left and it would require some cutting of corners to get what they needed.

Food will be fine, shelter we have but horses? Their upkeep? Items beyond the central necessities? No, these will need to be pilfered with skill she thought it out as she crossed the pathways of the Base Camp left over from Spring.

Already this season the majority of the shelters had been taken down and recycled, the ones still lived in kept for now – along with the barest amenities. It was time for them to leave, that was the silent message behind the destruction of what had once been a thriving and bustling hub of mercenaries, knights and general dog’s bodies. She did not begrudge the Jamoura their sentiments, theirs was a veritable oasis of calm and they did not wish it to be sullied. She could see the sense behind their actions, however she did so wish they were less direct about it – it merely served to remind her that the day of leaving fast approached and they were not yet ready.

“Not by half yet,” she muttered as she made her way towards the Training Area, “but at least I can try and see if Ximal will come with us. We will need all the help we can get and three will better than two for travelling” she finished the thought, the one she and Neilles had agreed upon – one of them at least.

She had watched the man, spent much time in his company and she could see that the peace in the Spires was eating at him like a cancer, consuming his strength and sapping his willpower. He had become more assertive of late, more aggressive in the punishing routines that he had been dragging his physique through. She was confident that he would jump at the possibility of leaving the Spires and that put him under her control to a certain degree, she would be able to sue him to get some of their tasks done in time – six hands were better than four and he had plenty of time to take on extra odd jobs, here and there. As it was he would be picking up the slack from herself, she had other concerns with the mystery messengers Culhen and Faresha.

“Perhaps with Ximal we will at least stand a chance, we only have perhaps a score of days left, a little more maybe” she told herself as she caught a glimpse of the man she was seeking – he had blonde hair but it was most certainly Ximal.

I knew he was a bloody mage too, that makes three! From Sunberth! The world will end at this rate she mused with a smile as she stole up behind him, picking up a dry stick as she did so.

She paused a few feet from him and held the two ends in her hands. Swiftly she snapped the stick with a loud, clear cracking sound that would no doubt surprise him – exactly why she stood out of striking range with a broad grin upon her features.

Zandelia
I Aim To Misbehave

Words: 1798131
Joined roleplay: September 23rd, 2011, 12:35 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
2011 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Ximal on February 9th, 2013, 8:26 pm

A clear mind a cool head, this was so vastly differen't from his flux...He was so good at controlling and ratioing his flux around his body. But this magic was like a foreign entity, instead of knowing about himself to strengthen himself he had to know about or at least think about other things to change himself. A slow deep breath pulled in through his teeth the slow winds whistling as he heard something. he wasn't sure what, probably some passing animal. Lifting his hands up he dropped them back to his sides keeping a firm grip on his hands he took slow deep breaths trying to feel out the pattern the djed was taking within his hair and scalp, however he could just feel a tingling of a change and a drain on his djed. A slow rolling breath and that familiar feeling of being stalked. Xi clamped his jaw tighter and then a loud. SNAP! Xi whipped around before opening his eye's curling his body around and bringing his fist up to the point where he could lash out at any target within a six foot radius. Then his eye's snapped open to lock on to the target but what caught hsi eyes was a rather smug looking zand holding a broken stick and a large grin upon her face. Bollocks. Xi stopped mid motion of his whirling death punch and pulled himself back up to stare down at her. Petch it. At least flux is easier to hid than having bright bleeding yellow hair.

"Hello zand...I see you';ve caught me at a rather.. inopportune moment. How long have you been standing there...?" Xi could feel a sinking sensation in his stomach. Either he stopped her from saying anything through politeness and a mutual friendship. Blackmail about what magic he'd seen ehr use or at least his knowing of how a magic worked an what he'd seen happen to her, or...he did something he would really regret later...Xi hoped and prayed to any god that was listening for option one. But he'd take option two if he was left no other choice and would really feel a deep longing regret if he did number three. Through a much darkened tone Xi spoke now, a ring of...both a mild hint of fear and a supreme anger rolling in his voice. the anger more at himself tan at anyone or anything else. "I suppose it's rather useless to try hiding it isn't it ? " His eye's locked upon here and began to burn...An old fire that fire of survivalist above all else returning to his deep black blue eyes. A small tinge seeming to glow within them. Gleaming with the same bright desperation they had back in sunberth over two seasons ago. Shallow breaths and a cruel malicious voice in his head. you know we cant trust her...Kill her NOW. You cant risk your safety on a chance that she wont tell...Just dispatch ehr and be done with it. Save the petty feelings and get rid of her...Survival above all else. Xi shook his head lightly and banished the thought and voice from his head. Hoping to hear something that he would like...Just hoping.

"Common" "Myrian" "Nari"
Ximal
No man is free

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Zandelia on February 25th, 2013, 9:04 pm

She grinned at the giant of a man, towering over her a good portion and built three times as wide as she was it was almost invigorating to know that she could still make him worry – although precisely why he was worried was of more interest to her than his magical aptitude. He was very much visually uncomfortable though, his head shaking from side to side as if banishing something from his mind and his stuttering – almost sweetly innocent – way of talking as if he were a child caught stealing some food from a merchant. She tilted her head and let the pieces of the broken stick fall to the ground before them. She wondered why he acted as he did, whether there were some deeper motives to his reactions inside his head that she was not privy to. Not for the first time she found herself wishing she could read people’s minds as adeptly as she could investigate their desires.

No matter, I will find out soon enough, though hopefully sooner than later she told herself, acknowledging that she had not the taste for intrigue at that moment, saving it for later consideration.

“Long enough Ximal dear, long enough” she responded to his initial question with a flippancy and a flick of her hand that would hopefully communicating to him her lack of both surprise and concern – she could not condemn him for what she was, although altogether different.

Still, the magic he had used was not entirely new to her, she had seen its effects upon Ana first-hand and the diminutive woman had alluded enough times that Ximal possessed similar skills for her to have made her own conclusions. She was seeking the learning of the art of Morphing herself – for her own reasons, of course. No, in many ways this meeting had been altogether fortuitous as she could inveigle herself of two teachers rather than one with minimal effort so long as she played the situation correctly. Which one was more adept was a question for another time, when she had more experience of the art herself, but for now she would take two over one as better odds for advancement. She smiled at the man, wondering if he had a more open mind than the mob of Sunberth. She paced to his side a small measure and looked him up and down for a few moments in consideration.

“Hiding things is usually foolish when I am concerned Ximal, I thought you would know that by now. One’s secrets are more interesting to me than what they portray to the world,” she continued slowly, arms crossed across her abdomen, “but no, it would be useless to hide that you can perform Morphing” she told him as she began to circle him slowly then.

“It is interesting actually, lend you and air of mystery to be unraveled. For instance, why would a fighter wish to learn it? How long have you performed it? How much do you know? All of these questions are fun to pursue, but it will come in time”

“As it happens I find myself with a thirst for learning and one thing is as good as another. Who knows, perhaps if I turn myself into Ana you would treat me differently were I to come to you, hmm?” she asked him with a small laugh for the situation.

It seems my would be companions grow ever more interesting every day she told herself inwardly, wondering if she was even half as interesting as they were.

Zandelia
I Aim To Misbehave

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Ximal on March 2nd, 2013, 4:23 pm

Xi's hand opened and cloed beneath his cloak weighing up his optins taking the time to think things through, maybe it wasn't as bad as he'd thought, maybe he'd be alright. Maybe she hadn't seem all that much maybe he'd get away with it, maybe he'd walk out of this explaining that his hair just became black when it got greasy and dirty or something. But no her first two words had already condemned him, and not even the tone and manner she'd said it in made it any less damning on him. Bollocks, Xi left his hand clench beneath his cloak. his jaw clenched and his teeth creaked in his ears, damn it. Damn it all. Holding back both the panic and anger at himself. he took a deep slow breath that he was used too. The silence stretched on for what seemed like an eternity as she jsut looked at him,the look in ehr eye, not quite judging him but not exactly an understanding look. Was that? Curiosity he saw ? But that would mean...Xi let his teeth unclench slightly but kept his fist tight. Then she spoke again. Telling him it was useless to try and hide things from her. That wan;t entirely true he'd managed to hide a great deal of things from her. From the world, even when they slipped loose. The only one who knew a lot about him was the diminutive thief. Ana, only she knew more about him than zand had surmised. Then she cut straight to the heart, she called out exactly what his magic was. Morphing. How did she. Damn!

She began to circle him as she continued with her train of thought, speaking aloud. Her questions came thick fast and very heavily. Xi kept quiet allowing her to continue on weighing up his options within his head. What exactly could he do, what could he ask How could he ask it? She jut came out and said it so why couldn't he. And then came how she knew it was morphing, ana. That comment had a bit of bite behind it, more of a searing jibe at him than anything else. Xi blinked and shifted his jaw before responding now. The small laugh sort of making the situation a little more tense thna it already was.

"Firstly, i didn't teach ana morphing, i'm learning how to control this along side her. I'm as new to this as she is. And it really takes it's toll." Xi took a deep breath and lifed his hand from beneath his cloak to press on his forehead and temples to try to alleviate some of the strain. "Secondly, you know that i use a magic, and i also know that you use one too, the other day after the spar, i saw you using it in graths. And don't tell me you didn't, because i know the look of a person physically exhausted from combat and the look of someone exhausted from magical use. After all i have been training this with ana. Thing is i dont know what magic you used. So how about we continue out question trade from the other day ?"

Xi tilted his head to the side allowing his imposing form to take a bit of an ease and relax slightly. He'd played his hand and covered a secret of his well. His breathing returning to normal and the pain in his head easing lightly. Your move zandelia, let's see how you handle my questions when you know that your opponent can play the same hand as you, just maybe not quite so well. But again you don't know that, everyone just thinks of me as a lumbering ox. Everyone thinks me incapable to being as smart as others, true i'm not the sharpest knife but i can see things easily, my time here has helped me in that tremendously. Let's see just how much though.

"Common" "Myrian" "Nari"
Ximal
No man is free

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Zandelia on March 2nd, 2013, 6:52 pm

She listened to his words as she continued to circle him slowly, a tiger pacing its prey or a child having just discovered new levels to a puzzle they had condemned as boring, perhaps. She did not pause as he mentioned the fact that he thought she knew magic – she did indeed but she was not about to give the secret up so easily when all Ximal possessed against her was speculation. He did not know that she could practice a magic, he thought he knew and there was conviction behind his words that she knew would not be dismissed forever. Still, she was not one for providing people with easy answers, it stole from them the pleasure of puzzling them out themselves. He had certainly responded to her suggestion in regards to Ana – or Neilles - though, with snapping tones.

Perhaps he just fears an invasion of what he is, who he is and where he comes from. I doubt he told me even half of his story, so perhaps he has told Nellies more? It would make sense, they have been in touch for a long period of time whilst I was…away she filed away such a consideration for the future, concentrating instead upon the present conundrum.

“Interesting Ximal,” she told him as she continued to mace, arms loose and swaying at her sides, “you are smarter than you look, than you act, yet you give up your greatest advantage without even considering it. Whether I can or cannot perform magic is immaterial when you reveal you have no evidence of it” she almost purred at him then, this game was enjoyable.

She wondered if he knew he was intellectually putmatched or if he thought he could play the game with the experienced and win. She was not one to say she was the greatest, far from it, but she recognized a weak player when she saw one. He knew about her only that which was inconsequential – whether he suspected that or not – and she had gained much to work with in their little exchange in Grath’s Rest. She was not one to ask for lies, merely simple truths that were easily built into greater things – he had given her that all too easily and with it she was piecing together the man before her with memory and scattered reports from the past. Still, if he wished to play some more she was not the one to stop him.

“You wish to continue our little exchange? Very well then, but the same rules apply as governed us then and you cannot complain to me about that fact” she told him with a sideways smile as she crossed her arms across her bosom and stopped in front of him once more.

He wishes to know what magic I possess, but does little to try and tease out anything specific. A poor question, not even a whole question. Very well, he shall get an incomplete answer she tilted her head in consideration.

“The thing I did is called Auristics” she stated simply, neither confirming the magic or denying it. She simply gave the name, something he could have gotten from Neilles at any time with enough pestering – it was little loss.

“Very well, my turn. What exactly can you do with Morphing? Tell me details of what you know” she asked, knowing her question was a good one – even if she doubted he’d tell her anything. She’d at least get specifics of his level of ability and whether she could use it to her…advantage.

Zandelia
I Aim To Misbehave

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Ximal on March 3rd, 2013, 5:34 am

Xi took a slow breath before rubbign his head lightly as she continued to circle him. "As much as i like looking at your ass couyld you please stop the circling it's making me dizzy." Xi brought his hand back up to his for head and pressed against it again lightly to some what alleviate the sensation of swirling. Though eventually when she started talking Xi could feel some heavy patronising behind her words. Taking a slow breath he spoke back. "Could you stop with the patronising ? I get enough of that crap from the jamoura i don't need it from someone i consider a friend. No-one ever considers the brute to be mildly observant. But then again you have a point i have no proof of you using it, then again it's not my greatest advantage either, it's just a weighing of what i know. Then again whose to say that's not all i know? As you said before you know much about me and i know little about you but from what i can piece together i know more about you than you'd like to think."

Challenging zand to a contest of wits wasn't exactly the smartest idea, but then again as he'd just stated he wasn't all that smart, but he was smart enough. So she was willing to continue their little game from before but then again, what else could she ask besides what he already knew she would ask, whenever magic was involved i had to be something that was relevant too it. Xi lifted his hand from his forehead and swept it over his hair cutting off the flow of djed and willing it to turn back his natural black both to give him clarity of mind and help demonstrate a point. A deep breath followed by a dragging hand and the image of the night it'self. Good.

As zand began to regale him with the name of her magic Xi began to piece things together. The name of zands magic now he could begin to really show what his time with wrenmae in that mage hunter prison had taught him, odds were this wan't a combat magic as otherwise he'd of seen wren use it. Though her own question towards him was rather... specific, but very gauge in it's asking, she wanted to know what he could do with morphing. Xi inside was smiling but kept his face rather...still.
"To be honest i don't even know myself because i haven't pushed myself that far yet. I know magic is dangerous and for that reason i keep mine in check." Xi tilted his head and coughed lightly mostly to clear his throat but also to help hi elevat the volume of his voice a little. "Now none of this you have to answer as this is just me peacing things together but. I can safely say that this "auristics" isn't a combat magic, mostly as you used it in a public area which means that it also has the bonus of being completely invisible. however like all magics the after effects you cant really hide too well. I also can piece together that you being a purveyor of knowledge and one clearly proud of her intellect. That it's a magic based upon information gathering. Otherwise i doubt you'd have bothered learning it or even taken much interest in it. Some times a shield isn't just a shield but a sword. So perhaps this magic is one that allows you to get a better read on people? Or maybe it just helps you understand them. After all, i'm not that smart so i can't exactly piece it together but i can tell that much. Again this is all just audible rambling." Through out all fo that Xi's eye's never once left zand, watching bother her body language And her face, if she gave off anything he would latch on and it would confirm everything he'd just surmised, though having said that. Even if he was wrong it had just ruled out a multitude of possibilities. "Now my question, and as you said the same rules apply also would you please be so kind as to give me the specifics for this question. I know that you and ana spoke, otherwise i can very highly doubt that you'd know this was morphing. Because this is a magic that not a lot of people would want to put on display. So my question is as follows, why try to stack the odds in your favour ? with so many variable it's hard to see the forest through the trees. So let me be more specific in my question. Why do you want to know about how much i can do with my magic ? It wont tell you anything."

"Common" "Myrian" "Nari"
Ximal
No man is free

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Zandelia on March 23rd, 2013, 4:18 pm

Zandelia tilted her head with amusement, the man was beginning to actually learn something and all it took was a little socialization. She would, of course, take full credit for the budding of his intellect. He was a fighter and not inclined to overly abstract thought processes, had always been more interesting in hammering things with his fists. Yet after a small period of actively spending time with him she had managed to get the rusty gears of his mind oiled and moving again – it was invigorating really. Hands upon her hips she stood, looking him in the eye and then considering whether it had been a positive or negative thing. She had set out to try and temper his ‘crusade’ with consideration.

Perhaps it is working…who knows. Not I, yet. We will find out though I think she told herself, plans were already in motion to relieve themselves of the Spires. There was still time to try and temper his rage, perhaps.

“Another game of questions and answers Ximal? I should start charging you for them one day,” she stated simply, “but very well…we shall have one. Then you shall teach me more of this magic - my first price for an exchange of knowledge” she informed him.

She pondered upon the answer to his question for a few moments, staying where she was this time for fear of breaking his neck with the twisting of it. It was a direct one to be sure, demanding of a full answer – and yet there was the problem. She didn’t have a full answer to give him. What she had learnt came from a book lost long ago now, her own considerable memory skills not even able to bring the pages into her mind’s eye again. She knew how it worked, for the most part. She was, however, still discovering the uses it could give her as her day with Neilles at Dira’s Shrine had shown her all too clearly. She pursed her lips and blew a thing stream of air through them into the cold – mist billowing gently before her.

“Very well, your first answer then. Aursistics – that is the name I have heard what I do called,” she opened with the simple thing, the one thing she was absolutely sure of, as it made her explanation that much more credible when said with authority, “the world is color and I can see it” she finished the words cryptically.

“Clever boy to notice it, few do. I suppose I have rubbed off on you…for better or worse. You’re beginning to question, that is good. Allow me my question then,” she thought for a few moment for something useful and remembered the speed with which he had fought – almost intermittently – and knew then, with Ximal’s admission, that it had been no fluke, “what other magics can you use? Tell me all if you would” she grinned at him, wondering if he would be angry at exchanging something with power for something so small.

Zandelia
I Aim To Misbehave

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Ximal on March 23rd, 2013, 6:34 pm

So the world was colour? Xi lifted his hand lightly before flexing it, So world was colour? That couldn't have been all of it surely, else wise she wouldn't have had the will to answer him with that much. Xi slightly sighed looking down at her, she was being deliberately cryptic. Xi knew that much else she really wouldn't have answered him with so little. Xi brought his lifted hand to his face, massaging his jaw and beard lightly with it as he pondered on what she meant. "So does this mean that you see the colour of the world for what it truly is? Or do you see it change through each movement? Through each word? To be perfectly honest which you aren't. It's more than that, other wise you wouldn't even know it's name if it was that weak. No there's something else too it or you wouldn't have it in your bag of trick and traps to catch people. Though having said that. i believe you when you say it's called auristics. however what i don't believe is the fact that you actually know fully what it does. " Xi smirked lightly folding his arms as he glanced around himself. less of a smug grin and more of an half pondering smile. Though he took a half step back and began to think.

When seh ssked her question though he just smirked before replying. "What other magics ? I have none. The speed i used then was my full strength, whenever I train or right someone in a non life or death situation i halve my own speed and power, i do this to make it a fair match for them. The only magic i have is the one you've seen me use. and even that I'm not good at yet. So please don't inquest as to whether i have other magics before you see me at full strength and power. One day you might." Xi simply held his usual posture, as far as he was concerned it wasn't a magic , or at least flux wasn't that was him at his highest power his utter maximum potential. Anything below that as far as he was concerned was a mental limiter for both himself and for others. "Then zand tell me, why do you feel the need to hide your magic, i mean other than sunberth having been a place of pure havoc, but this is the spires surely you could have no reason to hide it, other than your own usual half veild shroud of secrecy. I mean i know "wrenmae" has magic, but that's not something i should be discussing. So tell me, did all the members of the CE use magic? Or just the high ranking members ? " The grin on Xi's face was now rather smug he was trying to shift the conversation around to pique her interest inother areas to trail her around and lead her on a merry stroll through the rose bushes.

"Common" "Myrian" "Nari"
Ximal
No man is free

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Zandelia on March 23rd, 2013, 8:21 pm

“Actually Ximal, it not much more than that at all,” she smiled at him, a wolfish grin, “everything has its own color and the color reflects the nature of the thing in question. Rocks, trees…you. All blazing with color if you view the world correctly” she returned his own short answers with her own.

I wonder if he realizes that, by trying to subvert my will, he is teaching me more about himself than he could ever hope to realize? she pondered inside her own skull.

It was true too, after a fashion. With every guarded look in his eyes, every smirk used to cover the full extent of the truth, every ploy at misdirection or deflection. It all made up a portion of his character, a small portion perhaps, but a portion nonetheless. As she learnt more about his ticks, his habits and actions that peppered the conversation she was learning that much more about the way his mind worked – it’s attempts at subtlety. Of course, his were cruder than her own perhaps, though she saw little reason to truly attempt the complex with him – what she desired was easy to glean from smaller talks.

“The magic I sue is exceedingly simple really, a child could learn it even – if one wished to burden them with it. The real trick with it is the way it is used. In reading people…for example” she let the words hang there in the air, seeing if they made him uncomfortable and more prone to reactionary words.

“Perhaps Ximal…perhaps. I have little desire to push that subject further today, but I think you don’t quite tell the truth. A liar knows a liar” she responded in kind to his words about having no other magical ability.

I wonder why he is so closed off about it? It’s not as if I am a threat. He asks for information and yet is reluctant to give up his own. Why? she mused as she continued to listen to his words.

She heard the name Wrenmae but did not register it at first, there had been no name of that nature in the Crimson Edge to her knowledge. She flickered the list through her mind several times, crossing off possibilities based upon characteristics. Mok, Antar, Cade – they were far too literal and wouldn’t hold an alias. The majority of the others were too honest to have lied about a name, especially then stalking about in the shadows using another one. They were simple fighters for the most part, trying to find acceptance in a world that eventually broke them. Ana had used an alias but she now knew her real name. No…there was only one possibility…one name that was clearly not a name at all.

“Shroud,” she muttered to herself, “Wrenmae wasn’t a member of the Crimson Edge, he was a traitor. He used, abused and bullied to get what he wanted. True, others did so too but he was far crueler in his way of doing it. But no, the majority of them did not use magic. Not that it matters, they are all dead” she finished, the last words ringing hollow to her ears – she had locked those emotions away never to surface.

“What type of magic did he use Ximal? What do you know of him? And in answer to your last question – why do you hide yours?”

This conversation had taken a turn to the unexpected for her. With Ximal’s casual words she had learnt more than she had hoped to – Wrenmae was a mage and that did explain a lot indeed. She needed more, however, and she would bleed Ximal dry of knowledge if it was the last thing she did.

Zandelia
I Aim To Misbehave

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Next