Stop Fighting, Face The Truth ( pm to join)

Xi heads out into the forests of the spires to train, when he ends up meeting someone from his past.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built high in the massive branches of Taldera's bloodwood forest, The Spires is a city crafted by the peaceful and scholarly Jamoura. Considered a haven for scholars and sages Mizahar-wide, The Spires is a mecca of philosophy and science that draws people from far and wide with its promise of deeper thinking and higher reasoning.

Postby Ximal on February 22nd, 2013, 12:44 am

39th Winter 512AV

The cold biting winds of the mid winter spires. Xi shivered as he felt the cold winds around him. He'd come to the ground floor of the spires. Breath escaped him in a cloud of vapor. Xi found a thick low hanging branch and leapt up to it and began to pull himself up and down. The slow rhythmic motions helping warm himself and east his mind, until he heard a voice. A familiar voice that was not liros.
"Hello, Ximal." Even in this weather, where cold was the norm, Xi felt s chill run down his spine. A cold digging chill, not like liro's claws, but, no a deep digging chill running down him, his arms welt weak and he had to drop himself from the branch. Landing he fell onto his knee, hunched over like all his strength had been drained. His entire skin prickling, his hair standing on end. His body starting to shake...He recognized that voice... "Or should i say...Hello, Slave." No...No it couldn't be, it cant be! I killed him! It cant be him, But... Xi let his eye's look up from the ground, and the feeling of dread grew, each and every moment he lifted his head his mind begged him to stop but he had to know he had too. His eye's lifted from the floor and finally...He was the face.
"No...No! I killed you ! How are you! How the petch are you alive! The terror on Xi's face clear and plain as day. He was looking at a ghost from his past. Kolin, Xi just stared up at him. His breathing haggeredlike he'd just run for an hour constantly.

"Look at you...On your knees where you belong. Kolin took a swing at Xi and he hit the gfloor with a lot of force. Pushing himself up Xi stood above the figure before him now standing a good six inches taller than him. Xi balled his fist and took a swing at the apparition before him. And nothing. His fist hit it and kolin didn't even blink. You Still haven't learnt your place yet have you ? Slave! Kolin took another swing at Xi clocking him in the gut and then the face, and Xi hit the ground again. Xi dragged himself up off of the ground. Slowly this time listening to kolin speak. "You think yourself better ? A better person? I owned you as a slave, i gave you food, i gave you water, i let you live! And you had the audacity, the cheek, the sheer guile to sleep with my daughter ?! As Xi got to his hands and knees he flet the boot of kolin sink into his abdomen and flip him over. Felt Kolin glowering down at him. " You think yourself better than me ? You kill people, and i let you live. And all you do is take life ! How does that make you better than me ? HOW! " Xi could feel kolin's boot pressing into his throat, coking him Xi began to push on the foot with all of his strength. But to no avail. The horror in Xi's eye's growing...How can he be alive? And,,,He's killing me...am...am i going to die? Panic now spread over Xi';s face before he felt the boot come off. Coughing and spluttering Xi Crumpled his face. "Now you see. Your nothing but an ant, under by boot. You are nothing, And you will never be ANYTHING, not so long as i have anything to say about it.

"Common" "Myrian" "Nari"
Ximal
No man is free

Words: 949188
Joined roleplay: March 26th, 2012, 9:44 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Ximal on February 26th, 2013, 6:12 am

Xi started to pull himself up and off of the ground his body aching where the blows had come into contact with him, the kicks, the punches. Xi was breathing heavily the cold air burning his lungs. Xi watched kolin as he pulled himself off of the ground. Hatred burning deeply in his eyes. Xi wanted nothing more than to reach over there and tear out kolin's throat. But when he hit him before it felt like he was hiting solid iron, as if nothing he could do would hurt him. For the first time in a long time...Xi felt small. Felt powerless, afraid. His hands were cold and not from the weather, he could feel a cold sweat rolling over him. Standing back up he stood over kolin glaring down at him. His fist balled and as he readied his arm to strike him he felt a heavy blow in his gut and buckled back down onto one knee.
"Learn your place, you are nothing. And as such you will listen to your master." Xi could feel his rage building bubbling and roaring forth to the surface, he hadn't felt this much anger since sunberth. Curling his hands into a firm fist he brought his hand around and collided with kolin. Not a movement from either of them.

"Listen to me you bastard. I killed them, yes i did it to save people. Kolin just smiled and punched Xi in the stomach again. But Xi gritted his teeth and held strong.
"You didn't kill them to save others. You killed them because you fear them finding you. You do the killing to prevent yourself from ever falling back into slavery. You kill to prevent yourself falling into that deep endless pit, and having to climb back out again. You kill, because you can do nothing else. You are fragmented. Broken. Not by my hand though...By your own. Xi Petch off liro i'm doing something. Like what? You've been fighting with yourself and punching that stump for the past five chimes.I've what? Xi blinked and shook his head whilst his eye were closed. Kolin had vanished and been replaced with the stump he'd been training with since mid summer. His hands were sore but his stomach more so. What the heck had just happened to him?

Shaking his head Xi looked around him in a frantic rush. Feeling that cold sweat again. Flexing his fingers Xi rubbed his for head. What the heck had he just done ? Taking a deep breath he leapt back up onto the tree branch and began to pull himself up and down again letting his muscles eases out the pain through stretching them and making them work. Just what brand of crazy was he on ?

"Common" "Myrian" "Nari"
Ximal
No man is free

Words: 949188
Joined roleplay: March 26th, 2012, 9:44 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Limey on March 3rd, 2013, 11:05 pm

Skill and Lore Rewards
Skills Lore
Bodybuilding 1 Kolin: Walking Nightmare
Unarmed Combat 1 You Are Nothing!
Broken
Feeling Reality Slip Away...

Additional Notes :
Not much to say and, again, I seem to be saying this a lot, but a shame this was never expounded on. I figured it was a figment of his imagination but I LOVED how deliciously malicious you made the Kolin apparition. A real outlet for Xi's insecurities... good job.

Any questions or queries, please PM me.
Limey
[Insert G&R Lyrics Here]

Words: 91990
Joined roleplay: January 20th, 2013, 10:32 pm
Office