Question: Morphing

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, users can ask questions of one another to work through issues. New players are encouraged to ask their questions here before they turn to the Help Desk or a storyteller.

Moderators: Liaisons, Assistant Storytellers, Regional Storytellers, Domain Storytellers

Postby Charles on February 25th, 2013, 11:49 pm

Hey guys, me again.

Whilst not immediately relevant to my upcoming characters situation, there is a detail in regards to morphing that I am not entirely sure about.

Prior to reaching the Expert level it suggests on the morphing page that it is dangerous to stray far from one's mass when morphing. My question is if it is then possible for a morpher to simply adjust the proportions of a model to compensate?

Let's say, for example, the morpher weighs 70kg and he has two models, an elephant and a ferret. Would he be able to morph into a larger than normal 70kg ferret and a smaller than normal 70kg Elephant? Albeit it would make using the form for camouflage a bit redundant... but can it be done?

Thanks,

-Charles
Charles
Player

Words: 6227
Joined roleplay: February 24th, 2013, 10:51 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Bethsyliss on February 26th, 2013, 12:21 am

Hi Charles :)

Do you think a seriously oversized or undersized human individual could be physiologically stable?
Bethsyliss
Player

Words: 142748
Joined roleplay: February 1st, 2013, 7:43 pm
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Charles on February 26th, 2013, 12:40 am

Well, for most part, yes. That is of course assuming everything is kept in proportion. Using humans as an example, there exists even in reality a relatively decent scale of size amongst people.

Even children are just smaller, though equally proportioned, versions of adults. I can understand how something ridiculously oversized would likely find movement cumbersome though.

So again, with say the ferret example, it would be biologically identical to a regular ferret in every way except that it would be larger. Say, comparable to a large dog. Since something of that size (the size of a large dog) can navigate comfortably in most environments anyway I can't imagine it would be an issue. Coupled with that the fact that morphers have to learn and practice their motor skills for new forms anyway...
Charles
Player

Words: 6227
Joined roleplay: February 24th, 2013, 10:51 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets