Kane's Scrapbook - Humour Abound

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

Postby Khristian on March 30th, 2013, 3:28 am

You know, I've never noticed that I've never actually posted onto my scrapbook with this character. :I

Also, I know that I'm totally awesome. But feel free to tell me as much as you'd like. ;D

Welp, I'm waiting for my songs to download so that then Kitty and I can go to Walmart. More like me dragging her.

So... I'm entertaining her!! :)
"Vani" "Common" Thoughts "Other characters"
Khristian
Player

Words: 7730
Joined roleplay: March 13th, 2013, 5:52 am
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Eilea on March 30th, 2013, 3:31 am

So... why is it taking sooooo long to download those songs?

I mean, you COULD be getting a post in.

You have two REALLY awesome options, by the way! :3
Eilea
KAAAAAAAANNNEE!

Words: 80945
Joined roleplay: February 10th, 2013, 9:08 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Sera on March 30th, 2013, 7:23 am

Tumblr is an evil, evil place.

Sera
Adrenaline Junkie

Words: 85623
Joined roleplay: December 4th, 2011, 2:17 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Eilea on April 1st, 2013, 9:39 pm

So, I have a crush on Khristian. Just thought I'd tell ya! :3
Eilea
KAAAAAAAANNNEE!

Words: 80945
Joined roleplay: February 10th, 2013, 9:08 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Kane on April 2nd, 2013, 8:04 pm

Oh really, do you now? It's cause he's sexy isn't it? I knew I shouldn't have made him so hot. He's too hot to handle. I should have thought of your poor heart. ;D

I'm so sorry. Forgive me padre for I have sinned.

I shouldn't make you think of deer, should I?
Kane
Darnit Eilea, I'm Your Friend Not Your Lover!

Words: 84491
Joined roleplay: December 15th, 2011, 5:44 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Sera on April 2nd, 2013, 8:29 pm

Apparently the deer is my spirit animal.

Sera
Adrenaline Junkie

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Kane on April 10th, 2013, 4:59 am

So, I just finished my post for the Regional Quest in Wind Reach. I'm rather excited about it! I can't wait for tomorrow when it's updated. :)

Also, I was surprised at the word count that I ended up with. I didn't think that having Kane do all I wanted him to do would lead to that much. But I'm happy with it, I was in a really good mood when I wrote it and I think that shows. :D

There actually was one part right at the end that I had considered adding in. It went something like,

He settled down on a rock before studying the area around him with curiosity. The last time he'd been here it had been winter and the flora had changed significantly since then. Of course, at the time of his previous visit, there had been no flora. So that was different.

And I wrote that first line for a second before reconsidering. Taking what I just wrote and then transitioning it to the ending would make the post even longer.

Though now that I think about it, it could have been a fun thing to do, and I'm kind of regretting not adding it?

Well, I can always add that part to my next post in the regional quest! Or I could edit it. One or the other. I might end up editing it.

Oh my Eyris, this post is gonna be LONG!

Actually no, I changed my mind. And I might change it again later, but for now, I'm goin' to bed.

Goodnight all! :)
Kane

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Kane on April 16th, 2013, 10:04 pm

So, Kitty and I had a rather interesting adventure today.

It all began with my forgetting to set my alarm, so I ended up waking up way too late for my class. But that was fine because I was (and still am) feeling sick. So instead of going to my design class, I headed straight over to Kitty's apartment.

Of course, the first thing we said to each other was an exchange of "I like your shirt", "I like your pants", "I like your boobs" so that was pretty normal.

From there, we decided to go find a place to buy some food that we could take back to her apartment to eat. We ran into a problem though. We couldn't think of a place that sounded good to eat.

It starting with talking about McDonalds, but I informed her that greasy food really didn't sound good that day. Her first thought then was, Subway.

So we got in her car to drive to Subway. It was on the way there that we were almost hit by another car. For the first time of this trip. The car had gotten onto the highway and immediately gotten into the middle lane, and then decided to get into the far left lane, which we were in. Right next to them. I actually leaned away from the car, fearing they'd hit us. But I suppose they noticed and righted themselves back in the middle lane.

We got to Subway safely, but not without almost taking some lady's car door off because she had the car parked in the parking lot with the door sitting wide open. Almost accident number two.

Then, we went in Subway and got into line. I believe we talked about giant four year olds, or it may have been how I accidentally skipped class earlier that day. Kitty found that fact to be rather funny.

After about five minutes of standing there, Kitty turned to me and said "I don't really want Subway." And I agreed with her. So we left.

We got back in her car, and tried to think of any place that sounded good to us to get food from. Nothing really sounded good at all to us, but we eventually settled on Wendy's, not because it sounded good, but because it didn't sound bad. So she started her car and headed off in that direction.

Driving down the highway, we continued our discussion of any place that actually sounded good to eat at. You know what we came up with?

Nothing.

We kept going back to Wendy's, because once again, it didn't sound bad. You know, until Kitty drove right past it on the highway.

So that option was out. And our food conversation continued.

Eventually, I just decided that we'd just go to a simple place, like McDonalds or Wendy's and the next one we saw we'd go to.

Kitty made a counter argument. Let's just not get food.

I ultimately agreed, mostly because I didn't really want to spend my money on something that didn't even sound good.

So we set off to a further exit to turn around on, because it was easier then all the ones around us at the moment and all the while we were laughing about how we were such dorks.

We finally got off on the exit, used the U-turn, and were preparing to get back on the highway.

But there was a large truck that also wanted to get on the highway in the lane next to us. And they were getting uncomfortably close. Kitty had to brake to let them on, and otherwise they probably would have hit us. So that was almost accident number three.

Finally we navigated the highway and made our way back to her apartment. The whole trip took about 40 minutes.

We laid on her bed a bit, just generally being lazy. But I had to get up to search through her kitchen, because if I didn't eat something, then I would feel terribly sick in my next class. I couldn't find anything.

Eventually, Kitty got up and said, "Let's just go to McDonalds. We both need food." I agreed. So we set off once again for food, but this time with a destination in mind. Also, I drove this time.

So, as I drove down the feeder road from her apartment, there was this van that was just sitting at the stop sign. It had its left turn blinker on, but it was jut sitting there and not moving. I didn't really understand at all what was going on, but I thought they were going to move, so I stayed in the lane behind them and sat for a bit.

They didn't move.

I gave up and steered my car to the other lane, and drove through the intersection. It was an odd occurrence, and I wouldn't call it an almost accident, more like "What the heck was that?!"

We finally made it to McDonalds, and parked and all that jazz. But when we went inside it seemed like there were more people then usual. We go to that particular McDonalds rather often, mostly on D&D nights. Still, we ordered and waited for our food.

And then suddenly, almost like someone just snapped, there were a ton of people lined up to get food. We were lucky to have gotten there and ordered before they all showed up.

Also as we were leaving we saw a bus in an adjacent parking lot, so that's why everyone and their grandma and their grandma's dog was there.

So, we drove back to her apartment, but this whole fiasco took almost an hour and a half. As such, I had about five minutes before I had to leave when we got back.

Needless to say, I ate fast. And I still left five minutes late. But I still managed to get to class in time to get a spot close enough to a plug so I could charge my computer! I was glad about that.

The food didn't help though, I still felt absolutely sick through most of the geology class.

But! That's how Kitty and I drove around for an hour and a half looking for food, almost got into three accidents, and dealt with people in general.

Fun story, right?

This turned out much more long winded then I was expecting.
Kane

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Sera on April 16th, 2013, 10:31 pm

Not to mention the weather was so freaking weird!

To anyone that reads this, That is indeed the story of our afternoon. xD

Sera
Adrenaline Junkie

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Kane on April 17th, 2013, 5:43 pm

Awesome!! :D Thanks for showing me how to make a template! I really like this one and I worked pretty hard to get it to work. But I got it in the end, so I'm happy. :)
Kane

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

PreviousNext