Quest A Calling (Ximal)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Known as the Celestial Seat, Nyka is a religious city in Northern Sylira. Ruled by four demigods and traversed by a large crevice, the monk-city is both mystical and dangerous. [Lore]

A Calling (Ximal)

Postby Balderdash on March 10th, 2013, 11:12 pm

Very quickly, as it turned out. The blow to the beast's heart slowed it down, but in five ticks it was right back to where it was before. The instant Ximal's fist drew back, his opponent reacted by rearing his head back and propelling himself forward. Luckily for the guard, his hop backward spared him a broken nose... Or worse.

The man's arms drew back, fingers splayed, chest puffing forward. For a tick, he looked ever so vulnerable, but only for a tick. He lunged forward at Ximal, his palms racing together to strike his ears.
Balderdash
Not Entirely Rubbish

Words: 201561
Joined roleplay: September 25th, 2012, 5:40 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Trailblazer (1)

A Calling (Ximal)

Postby Ximal on March 10th, 2013, 11:51 pm

Haaving slid optu of rang eof the behemoth's head butt Xi gathered his thoughts for a moment watching the monolith just regenerate agian. Hrrm...The heart and the liver took five ticks...just five ticks for it to start it's onslaught again. But that bruse to it's kidney took seven...Why did it take seven ? Xi flexed his fingers lightly calculating something and waiting for the bestial creature, brining both it's hands towards him in a clapping motion looking to squash his head like a grape fruit. Xi held and held and then, slid out ducked under and around to the behemoth's back delivering a double strike to the beast, one punch per kidney, ad then a driving boot into the centre of it''s lower spine to see if it had ANY effect. Before using his still planted leg to spring him out backwards. Right now Xi wasn't fighting...Heck he wasn't even surviving. He was testing for a hint of a weakness. A trail of a point of attack. Something to latch onto something to grab hold of, and then hammer with enough of a punch to send the petcher flying. But first came the solving of the puzzle. The way to get around the problem... Something was niggling him about those seven ticks. That moment where a flicker of weakness held. Strength conservation was key as was energy management mostly as Xi believed this beast to have not only inhuman strength but stamina too. Even if it made his lumbering backside look fast as a humming bird.

"Common" "Myrian" "Nari"
Ximal
No man is free

Words: 949188
Joined roleplay: March 26th, 2012, 9:44 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

A Calling (Ximal)

Postby Balderdash on March 11th, 2013, 12:07 am

There was a sound like a firecracker exploding as the giant's palms collided with each other, sending a shiver through the top layer of gravel. Fortunately for Ximal, he was already behind the behemoth, sending a triad of blows in its direction. The first strike to the kidney took five ticks to heal, just like the heart and liver. The second kidney took seven, and the strike to the spine took ten.

Sadly, Ximal had little time to examine his handiwork, as it turned out the warrior could kick as well. As he planted his foot on the man's spine, his left leg curled up to his chest and lashed out at Ximal's own. While he was spared from the brunt of the blow by his quick thinking, the strike still sent a vibration down his leg, and his thigh was left sporting a nasty bruise... But one from a blow within the range of human strength. Well, perhaps just a touch above.

The warrior, in the meantime, was sent stumbling forward, his arms flailing wildly to keep his balance. Within ticks however, he was facing Ximal again, his feet digging into the gravel. A feral grin was on his face. "Djas vino kasatl zapat." he said, "Djas rozatlas?"
Balderdash
Not Entirely Rubbish

Office
Scrapbook
Trailblazer (1)

A Calling (Ximal)

Postby Ximal on March 11th, 2013, 12:51 am

Xi had landed his punches and his kick. A small smirk but as xi kicked back off of his leg on the ground he felt a hard belt into his leg and stumbled back a bit upon landing. Dear gods that hurt. Xi pressed weight onto his leg to make sure he could still stand. At least it wasn't that bad it was more tha likely going to bruise like a mother-petcher but still at least he could still move. But now he had to keep moving. He had to weigh up his options, he hand to think. Taking a step back Xi felt his eye's lock onto the monster before him. The feral grin of the monster before him. Xi just smiled back, the flame glowing in his eyes. Xi was now in full on survival mode. Piecing together the little bits about what he'd been learning. Yeah yeah keep smiling jackass. So single blows did nothing, though when he chained his hits they added to the delay of the regeneration. The single blow did only five seconds, the blow to his liver then his kidney did five, then seven for a total of twelve. And lastly that combination did a total of twenty two stemming from five, then seven, then ten seconds. So... During the breif respite Xi took a second and spoke back to the man mountain. " Wanna call this a draw or do you want to keep going big fella?"

"Common" "Myrian" "Nari"
Ximal
No man is free

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

A Calling (Ximal)

Postby Balderdash on March 11th, 2013, 1:12 am

The monster showed no signs of understanding Ximal. Instead, he cracked his head, rolled his shoulders, and charged. Ximal had about two ticks to prepare himself before his foe clasped a stone shod fist in his left hand, drew them both back, and leaped forward at Ximal. If he didn't get out of the way, and fast, the results would be obvious.
Balderdash
Not Entirely Rubbish

Office
Scrapbook
Trailblazer (1)

A Calling (Ximal)

Postby Ximal on March 11th, 2013, 11:21 am

Xi drew a deep breath as he stared down this man mountain. Now he was getting somewhere. Or at least he was in his head. Xi took a slow breath taking the few moments to calm his nerves and let the monster smile his smile. "If one punch doesn't slow you down, then i'll give you as many as your big ugly ass can eat!" Xi stood there unmoving, just staring down the man monster. A smile shining on Xi's face. Is this what people see when they fight me? If so i sympathize with them a little more now. Still i'm sorry ya giant jack ass but if it's either you di or i die...That aint a tough choice. Xi drank down a deep breath, as his eyes shone with their glow, that glow of survival you could never be truly sure was an actual glow or just a trick of the light. Either way Xi was now finally gaining some ground. Each of his usual tactics failed, so he'd thought he'd borrow some technique from a friend of his but with his own usual flair. Xi smirked as the man beast cracked and rolled. His decision was already made the moment he saw the beast move. Xi twisted his hand slightly as the beast leapt up at him. Xi used his superior speed advantage to just that, his advantage. Sliding around the beast Xi got out of range of the blow just as the beasts hands went to collide with him. My turn. Xi now just gave up most of his tact and instead swapped to his fastest possible combinations punching as fast and as hard as he could. Drilling is right fist in, then right elbow as a follow through as he pulled that back in came his left arm and then left elbow. Most technique looking like it'd left but there was a method to his madness, striking in this way meant that as the beast was still carried forwards by it's momentum Xi's blows would land and he wouldn't have to concentrate on his footwork. by then end of Xi's onslaught he'd thrown six punches and six elbows to twelve different spots on the beasts body. If this doesn't work then at least I've more information. Xi then took one final blow at the beasts skull at the base of the neck where it joined to the spine a hard bash with the wrist. Making strike number thirteen, before finally and quite literally leaping back. No grace no elegance Xi just leapt backwards. That distance between them was important as it meant that Xi could think and could react. But if that failed then he'd try the opposite tactic. Get in and don't throw a single punch. Xi let out a slow breath. What ever this thing was, Xi was beginning to have a new-found respect for those who'd fought against him.

"Common" "Myrian" "Nari"
Ximal
No man is free

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

A Calling (Ximal)

Postby Balderdash on March 11th, 2013, 8:11 pm

Ximal's fast footwork landed him one hit. Two, three, four, five...
Unforunately, his own confidence had lulled him into a false sense of security. Perhaps if he had been more observant, he would have realized that there was no sound or rattle of impact from the giant's blow- That he was setting Ximal up. The moment his wrist began to travel down to strike his neck, the guard felt a force not unlike a kicking horse sink into his abdomen before being flung a full fifteen feet away from his foe. His stomach was burning, and it was difficult to breathe. The bastard had caught him with a swing to the gut.

But he wasn't unharmed. The glow in his veins was pulsing erratically, and he stumbled as he stood. Furthermore, and perhaps most importantly, his injuries weren't fixing themselves. The first three had, at varying times, regenerated, but the rest were still as black as ever.

The warrior took a stumbling step forward. Another. He coughed up a globule of blood before taking one more. Soon he would be upon Ximal... And then there was the sound of applause, and the man knelt.
"Bravo..." a woman's voice said. The same voice that told him to jump. "It seems you were a good choice."

The voice belonged to a figure clad in hooded, baggy robes of a deep purple, shrouding curves and features, but not sound. Her hands were tucking into her sleeves, and she was walking towards the pair. "You mustn't feel bad. Gregor has not lost a battle in more than nine thousand years. But then," the figure's head tilted slightly. "That is my doing as much as his."

She giggled, "You were the closest of the lot, though! I bet you would have defeated him if he hadn't his advantages, and you very nearly did with. That's good enough for me. Oh!" the woman gave a little jump, "I'm so terribly sorry, you must have a million questions!"
At which point she said nothing.
Balderdash
Not Entirely Rubbish

Office
Scrapbook
Trailblazer (1)

A Calling (Ximal)

Postby Ximal on March 11th, 2013, 9:27 pm

Xi's hits were working, he';d landed the first the second and the third, then the forth and the fifth but before he could finish the sixth. Then. The feeling he'd felt so many times as a child. Exactly the same as it was back then, but almost twice as painful. Petch. So, close. That was all Xi managed to think before Xi rocketed backwards the five yard distance into the wall. His lunghs refused to draw breath for a moment before finally Sucking down breath and Xi heaved out a set of coughs. What stuck the knife in and then turned it was the fact that Xi was watching the man-beast as he flew. Stumbling and slowly rising from the onslaught that he'd delivered. "My gift from me to you ya jackass. Xi felt a metallic taste creep into his mouth. And almost unknowingly both him and the monster spat a globule of blood laden spit to the side in opposite directions. Though as the beast drew closer and closer. Xi just smirked, If he was going to die here. He'd be damned if he was going to give it up here. Using the wall to brace himself Xi stood slowly, his legs almost numb and shaking.

Come at me ya bastard. I've got plenty of fight left. And your all outta tricks. Those black spots aren't fading. Means the trick was to just beat you to a pulp, and so long as i can move my arms i'll kick your ass. Without your fancy bullshyke. As Xi rose from the ground though, bracing himself against the wall with a hand, he heard the sound of someone clapping. And the man mountain dropped to a knee infront of him. Either he's admitting defeat, or someone else is pulling his strings. Then the brain behind the brawn. A single word rang out in a language he understood. "bravo." That voice was familiar...Gods damn it it was the same voice which told him to leap into that abyss. Then more words, a good choice ? Xi felt his hand tighten a little at that statement. Though, the purple robes came as a source of the voice. Plain but so loose, it was hard to tell anything baout the being behind them. The shrouded face too. Funny it almost reminded him of a certain black cloaked little thief he knew. Still he'd bite. the sentiments just slowly digging away at his confidence, if giving him a even bigger knock at his pride. Nine-thousand-years. Well no-wonder he'd picked up a few tricks like that. Though if this was her doing, as well as his? Well he'd at least learn the name of the man mountain he'd been fighting. Gregor. Xi gave a small smirk. He'd known he'd been beaten, his confidence a false bravado, panic had been one of the only three things on his mind. The second fear, and the third...well the third was trying to find this bugger's weakness.

But apparently he'd been the closest to do so thus far. Might have beaten him without his advantages. And almost did with. Now she was just trying to stroke his ego. Xi wasn't really buying it. Then there was some sort of comment about amillion questions... before utter silence. "Well your right i do have some questions. Not a lot but before that. " Xi made a small bowing gesture, more sign of respect than anything else before glancing at gregor and pointing his thumb towards himself. "Ximal" Letting him know who'd be coming to beat his ass the next time they fought. But right now, one nothing to the man-mountain. Then Xi's attention shifted back to the purple clad woman. "Sorry, little bit of my personal code. Always learn the name of those you beat, and always tell your name to those who beat you. But your right with the questions as i mentioned. First and foremost; How do i get powers like him ? Xi smirked before continuing. Secondly: Where in the name of all that is divine am i? Third, who are you and why did you call me here ? Also I know i didn't beat him and i know i didn't even come close, i got a little lucky. Frankly that's all that's ever held strong for me. Be it bad or good i've always had luck." Xi smirked, if nothing else Xi was being honest, if not a little snarky.

"Common" "Myrian" "Nari"
Ximal
No man is free

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

A Calling (Ximal)

Postby Balderdash on March 15th, 2013, 1:24 am

"You die." she replied in true deadpan fashion. "I do hope you know where you are, though. Giant rift in the ground. Arcane energy. Heart of the world. It's really rather hard to miss."

When Ximal asked his third question, the figure chuckled darkly, "Oh Lucifer... You already know."

Gregor turned his palms up, and the stone receded from his forearms until two round, glass-smooth pebbles the size of flattened chicken's eggs sat in his hands. "There is a darkness coming, Ximal." the robed woman said as she began to step towards him. "One that has not come to Mizahar in millenia. Gregor cannot fight in this battle, and so he names you his champion."

The figure was an arm's length away now. "He bequeaths to you his arms, so you may defend Nyka in his stead. Wield them well. I will be watching."
The heartbeat was returning to prominence again, the crystal pulsing in time with the throb reverberating through the dome. "It will be time to go soon. Is there anything else?"
Balderdash
Not Entirely Rubbish

Office
Scrapbook
Trailblazer (1)

A Calling (Ximal)

Postby Ximal on March 15th, 2013, 1:55 am

Well at least Xi was getting answers to his questions from the hooded woman, even if they were a little...Blunt. Though the way she said them couldn't help but bring a smile to his face and a rather snarky response. "Well, that's an interesting proposition...Well if i do happen to kick the bucket, I hope that i manage to match the man mountain next to you." A some what amused and rather honest smile crawling across his face, though her response to his second question was also in the same vein of satirical deadpan comedy, though still managed to bring a smirk. "Well if I'm down here, i hope there's a way out. Though that isn't to say it isn't nice here, in fact i quite like it." Though the third question he asked was met with a rather...dark reply. something about the way she said it bit into him and started to make him worry a little, though the name she used...did she know him ? Xi's eyes lit up. "I've honestly no idea but i have a feeling your going to inform me but...Is that my name? My real name?" A genuine look of hope upon his face, with a lightly look of surprise.

As the behemoth called gregor moved , Xi almost reacted out of instinct but kept himself in place just barely. Then something miraculous happened. The stones that covered his arms receded slowly pulling down from his forearms pooling into two small pebbles, flat and smooth. Then the woman spoke again snapping his attention from the miraculousness that had just happened. A darkness? What was she talking about, her strides closing the gap between them. One that hadn't come to mizahar in millennia? What the heck...wait a tick. Lemme guess, 9 millennia ? Her following words almost confirmed his suspicions, gregor couldn't fight and so Xi was to be his champion? Ok...So I'm going to be doing what, fighting this darkness? I can't punch shadows y'know. Almost as if to answer him she continued, but much closer, within the reach of his own arms. He was being given gregor's arms? Wait, did she mean that he was going to be given the two smooth pebbles ? Apparently yes, but she would be watching him and he had to use them to defend nyka in his stead ? Xi almost looked sceptical, however given the fact he'd just fought a man mountain who could regenerate most of the damage he'd dealt..He was a little more inclined to believe.

"Alright...I'll take them with reverence...an a little anxiety...Just tell gregor, that I plan to use them well and will help defend this city in his stead. Just know that when I eventually die I'm coming here, and I am going to learn for him whether he likes it or not." Xi smirked and slowly inched out his arms to take the two smooth stones. Clasping them they felt more like glass than rock. Something...resonating happened around him. the entire place began to pulse in time with the steady heartbeat. The thunderous clash, with it the crystal began to pulse and glow. Did he have any further questions of her ? Xi could only think of a few but given the fact she said there was little time he thought he'd stick to just three. "Again three questions, firstly: How do I use gregor's arms? Secondly, you know me or rather my real name, can you please tell me? And lastly, I'd like to know your name, if I'm not being too impetuous? Xi felt the reverberating throb travelling up his legs shaking them out of their numbed stupor and back to life.

"Common" "Myrian" "Nari"
Ximal
No man is free

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes