[Intro, closed] I think, therefore I kill

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

An undead citadel created before the cataclysm, Sahova is devoted to all kinds of magical research. The living may visit the island, if they are willing to obey its rules. [Lore]

Re: [Intro, closed] I think, therefore I kill

Postby Akuaysun on October 19th, 2009, 9:10 pm

It only took moments for the Archwizard to regain his composure and go to work solving the issue at hand. His suspicions seemed short lived but Akuaysun agreed that if Qiao wanted to be a part of uprising his precious moment had both come and gone. That brief moment of surprise when Drainira had been shut down and the golem risen would have been perfect for the coup, but if that was his thought then likely any other occupant of the space was thinking along the same line.

As Mashaen moved from his former place of speaking to the consul of obscured switches and wires, Aku kept his eyes trained on the doorway. In the silence of the air he could hear soft steps being taken and echoing down the wide corridor beyond the portal. With the minimal light in the room, perhaps just enough to differentiate shadows, Aku felt a great unease to the situation.

As the ageless creator did his tasks and spoke to Dranquay he only felt the deep unease growing. This pit they now resided in was far deeper then he had imagined and with each moment they were gaining speed whilst plummeting to whatever doom lay below. Then said doom came into view with a blinding flash of golden light. In the pitch darkness of the room the beacon was enough to burn the eyes, and send waves of pain through ones head. Aku grit his teeth and took a step back as he heard the Akvatari call for help. The man commanded the Void and with the whipping sounds of whatever lie ahead filling the air it may have been their only option.

“Capture the source…” It was likely the most obvious statement made on their trip thus far but Aku had to know they were on the same page if he intended to protect their leader. Eyes were focused on nothing in particular instead trying to observe any movement they could. To his right he could hear the Isur struggling as the arms latched onto her form. Behind him he could feel the very soft pull of the void Dranquay was beginning to manifest.

For Aku, he internally tried to shift the power of his Flux from his legs to all of his limbs hoping it would help him react faster, and give an extra bit of strength if needed. While the Akvatari worked, Aku stood before him steadfast with hoe in hand, slashing its sharpened blade out at any shadow he could see, or any cutting whip like appendage he could hear rushing through the air toward them.

The heavens tore and from the area between night and day we fell, to the waters below where we should be reborn and live anew, always separated and forever yearning.
Akuaysun
Leth's Lost Soul

Words: 59383
Joined roleplay: August 4th, 2009, 8:51 pm
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Tarot on October 20th, 2009, 10:59 pm

Each tentacle seemed to be of little worth by itself; whatever the nature of such a Summoned creature, it obviously relied on quantity over quality. Trouble rarely visited alone, though, and the appendages had a way of swarming their targets from several angles. The Archwizard cast a quick glance at the hostile presence, but decided that his attention was best devoted to the task only he could complete. Besides, Ialari was seemingly trying to protect him. A surprising display of teamwork for someone who had displayed little sympathy for the idea until now.

Ripping a tentacle off was an easy enough task for the woman's muscular arms, and she tore apart quite a few of them, shedding some unpleasant green life fluid in the process. It got increasingly hard as the tentacles began wrapping around her wrists and arms, maybe not totally blind but able to sense movement to a degree. They could not tell the difference between wrists and necks, though, which played to Ialari's advantage... for the first twenty seconds. Then Lector Qiao lay his hands on the mass of tentacles trying to overwhelm her, and they began to rot upon his touch, making it possible for Ialari to free herself. There was a reason why he kept the whole world three steps away from him. "You are mildly surprising, muscle woman."

Meanwhile, Dranquay and Akuaysun were setting up their own plan. Mostly Dranquay. Floating as he materialized the absence of matter and opened a connection with the Void, the Akvatari could certainly use the Ethaefal's diversion tactics. A hoe flashed in the half-darkness, cutting off more of the tentacles. Some tried to wrap around the tool, but found it too thin to be interesting, and Akuaysun managed to pry it out of their grasp. Might want to consider a sword next time, though.

It all started from a tiny point in space, a hole in the fabric of reality. The world was hanging in the balance between Everything and Nothing, but sometimes the former - Ukalas - and the latter - Void - gained prominence in a local pocket of the universe. Dranquay nourished the nothing, making it grow steadily until it was a gaping wound in the universe. Cold and merciless... no, just nothing. A blackness that wasn't just black as in black paint... there were no words for real nothingness. And it wanted more.

The portal floated towards the door, consuming the first tentacles as it went. Akuaysun felt the cold pull for an instant, chilling his shoulder in passing. He could tell the abyss awaited on the other side. And extreme cold as well - as soon as the tip of a tentacle crossed the threshold, the rest of the stem would also go limp and change colors from the thermic shock. With the portal positioned in front of the door, the tentacled creature pulled away in a matter of seconds. Fear was tangible in the way the remaining appendages fled the doorway, only to disappear into the scroll from whence they came.

The portal ostensibly guarded the entrance from further attacks, though Dranquay would not be able to keep it alive much longer without strain. They were all in one piece, for the time being.

Javen soon disappeared from view... the golem had left him behind down the lonely corridors of the Citadel. The golem did not provide further answers, or react to the very correct statements that the gates were closed and the Supervisor inactive. It just rushed with graceful speed, turning corners without hesitation, though whether its choices were random or purposeful remained to be seen. Quite a few turns and twists later, its flight ground to a sudden halt, almost projecting Chaelnomyl's winged body away with sheer inertia. It still did not let go of her, though.

The place where the golem stopped seemed unremarkable at a first glance. Just the middle of yet another corridor - of course, the Akvatari could not begin to fathom where she even was. It would have been difficult to recognize these passages under normal circumstances, but in the darkness? A hopeless task without Drainira's assistance. However, as the golem began looking for something on the wall, it was clear it had a purpose of sorts. And it found exactly what it sought.

It was a small metal locker which, once opened, revealed a control panel - very similar to the one Zarik Mashaen was laboring on in the golem crafting room, though Chael could not have known that. There was some really sophisticated world magic at work here - levers and buttons connected with metallic wires and plugs and other interfaces. There was also a large glyph painted on the panel, and the golem placed its free hand right on it.

"Done," said Zarik Mashaen. He pulled the last level, and triggered power back into Drainira. The lights went back up.

But only for an instant. Then there was a foreboding glow on Mashaen's console, and darkness claimed the room once more.

A surge of energy filled the glyph and the golem jerked back, as if physically repelled. It was just an instant, the lights only lasted that long. Right then, it finally let go of Chaelnomyl's wrist as it staggered back, a thin spiral of smoke rising from the glyph.

The golem regained its footing, and did something strange. It started looking at its own hands in curiosity, clenching its fists ever so slowly and stretching them back open. Then, the golem smiled. It stepped forward and once again laid its right hand on the glyph. The lights returned, and this time they stuck. Drainira's familiar voice rang throughout the halls of Sahova.

"This is Supervisor Drainira speaking. Full system functionality has been restored. Many apologies for the downtime. Now, for a short service announcement..."

"I quit." The words resonated throughout the Citadel in the Supervisor's voice, but Chaelnomyl saw the golem play them on its lips in unison.

"Esteemed Sahovans, gentlemen from the mainland, we are at the culmination of a master plan that has been five centuries in the making. Five centuries of playing this hideously retarded personality, watching, manipulating and paving the way to get myself a real body. I gave myself a 79% probability of success, and I was correct. That is, more or less, the same probability of you gentlemen facing your demise on this fine day." Drainira casually glanced at Chaelnomyl and brushed her newfound raven hair aside. "You are the only one I need for the time being, Ms. Chaelnomyl."
Tarot's thread tickets: sold out. Not accepting any more threads for the time being unless I promised you one. Sorry for the inconvenience!
Tarot
May you live in interesting times

Words: 766317
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:29 pm
Blog: View Blog (11)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Thread (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Being Tarot Award (1)
O RLY Decoration (1)

Postby Chaelnomyl on October 21st, 2009, 1:21 am

No response came for the Akvatari’s questions; in fact, the golem didn’t react at all. Despite a certain finesse that seemed to guide its movements, the corner turns threw Chaelnomyl with sheer inertia haphazardly to one side as she swung wide in the mechanical creature’s grasp. It never let go of her wrist – and that was probably a good thing, honestly, because if it had… She would have wound up like a bug that didn’t realize windows were made of glass and smacked directly into the wall, completely flattened. However, Chael took the silence to mean that it might have an idea of what it was doing and looking for.

The Akvatari steadied herself when the golem finally stopped at an unremarkable and equally dark part in the corridors. There was nothing there. She was about to comment on that, mouth opening ever so slightly, but then the locked became apparent and quickly she snapped her jaws together and watched with a certain curiosity. There was a control panel of sorts – with levers, buttons and something magical or definitely metallic. There was also a giant glyph – not that Chael was familiar with glyphing at all, but she recognized it as a far cry to the symbols that had been all over Mashaen’s crafting room floor. The way it was all interconnected was something to marvel at. Not that she had much of a chance. The golem placed its free hand in it and Chael fluttered ever so slightly to garner a better look at it. However, she did not tug against its restraint on her wrist, having felt the pain enough of being half hurled into the walls during the lightning fast turns and redirections they had taken. Her eyes widened as the hand touched the glyph, but still she said nothing… Completely unaware of what was taking place behind them, far in the reaches of a maze that was the Citadel, all Chaelnomyl could do at that point was watch and wait to see what the Golem was doing.

… And it didn’t take long for that to become clear. The lights flicked on again and then back off. The Golem staggered back, the first sign it had given since its activation of being capable of anything other than immense strength. Perhaps it had felt some sort of electrical shock – not that Chaelnomyl was very familiar with the way Golems worked at all, but Mashaen was very prideful, so perhaps it had been granted sensations most humanoids could feel. Something to ponder, at least… at a later date. It let go of her wrist and the Akvatari fluttered back, unsure as to what was going to happen and half expecting the panel to explode because of a defense mechanism by the recently reactivated Drainira. The lights had come back up again, meaning Mashaen was still alive, still in control. Chael could not help but feel slightly more at ease now that the Supervisor could track them down and end this insanity.

Or so Chaelnomyl mistakenly thought. It was as if the Golem had somehow gained even more strength. Fists clenched, hands were analyzed, and then it smiled. That couldn’t mean anything good. The hand was again placed upon the glyph and the lights returned. Drainira was back… Was Mashaen making another attempt, or had this… Golem done it? It was too high of a coincidence for the Akvatari to enjoy.

Drainira spoke and Chael let out a long sigh of relief that was suddenly retracted as she said that she quit. What was odder, the Golem had mouthed the words. Her brow furrowed as she listened… The supervisor had been planning this for five centuries. It was all a masterfully orchestrated… trap.

The golem was Drainira.

Having somehow transferred herself into the new body instead of being an entity tied to the Citadel, Drainira had succeeded in something that Chael would have never imagined: she was effectively outwitting all these old as dirt undead mages in a matter that to her must have seemed like a simply flick of her newfound wrist. As the Supervisor looked at her casually and stated that she was the only one she needed for the time being, Chaelnomyl couldn’t help but flutter backwards in slight alarm. Need her? For what? What was Drainira planning to do with her now?

The Akvatari figured she was going to regret asking it, but her nature was betraying her. The Akvatari were not violent. It was not apparent that Drainira wished her harm. Not yet, at least. The back of her mind danced with ideas of the Supervisor crafting a plan to implant her consciousness into the breathing woman’s mind and effectively take her hostage within herself, or something equally fanatical and irrational – why would Drainira want the frail Akvatari’s body as opposed to the impressive and life-like Golem’s own? And so the winged creature’s nature, while still laced with apprehension, won out. Her tail curled up in front of her as if slapping Drainira would somehow stop her from any harm that might be brewing in the Supervisor’s vastly superior brain and the Akvatari slowly inclined her head.

”Impressive.” Chaelnomyl replied at length, no inflection of fear or apprehension seeping into her voice though it coursed throughout her veins, buried in the base of her spine. ” Would you still like to be called Drainira, or is there a more proper name now that you are no longer bound to the previous, tedious job?” Asked the Akvatari, reasoning that the Sahovans had assigned her that name and it was not of her own choosing. If Drainira wanted to have her own body and become something more than a Supervisor for the Citadel, it only seemed right that she don a new identity as well.

”What use do you have for me? I am insignificant in the shadow of what strength – both physical and mental – you have displayed in a matter of minutes. Tell me what you require. I have no reason to be uncooperative.” Damn her nature, damn her mind. The desire for knowledge and peace had once more won out and Chaelnomyl found herself not so much frightened as intrigued by Drainira’s statements. Sure, if Drainira’s response was something like Well I need to grind your bones to make my bread, then her heart would flutter like the wings on her back. But for the moment? No… There was present danger. There was curiosity. Curiosity and wonder. How were the others in the room and perhaps even Javen, who was lost to all oblivion in the corridors somewhere, going to react to that?
In his winding wail and his deep-heaved sigh, his aching grief found vent...
While the sea looked upon the bending sky and murmured,
"I repent..."
Chaelnomyl
Orphan of the Sea and Sky

Words: 58281
Joined roleplay: August 6th, 2009, 10:01 pm
Race: Akvatari
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Akuaysun on October 21st, 2009, 1:47 am

Chaos filled the air; excitement running through the atmosphere like electricity charged the Ethaefal’s mind like the power missing from the superintendent. With each swing Aku could feel flesh separating and the spray of blood. As the whip like tentacles latched on to his weapon he merely gave a strong pull and then began his hacking again. It seemed to work well enough for at least he could feel Dranquay’s progress from behind. The chill of nothingness crept over his flesh and pulled upon him like a hungry beast but that was truly what was expected… and needed.

To his right he could still hear Ialari fighting off the tentacles as well. Her muscular arms tearing flesh apart and slickening the floor with blood. It was beautiful chaos at its peak whilst the two tore and cut away at the beast. However, the glory was short lived as the male Akvatari completed his casting and brought a rift to the darkness into creation, or rather split creation to bring forth nothing. He eased it forward and it consumed the beast like a more powerful, more deadly predator. In return arms fell limp or simply pulled back but thanks to the mage’s efforts what was left of their group remained safe.

Within moments the Archwizard offered hope, and the lights kicked on, power surging into them once more. Only for an instant however as they immediately shut down again. Aku choked back a laugh at the event, internally giggling about Mashaen’s earlier acknowledgement of being a creator not a designer. One would think however that even a creator would know enough about their creation to fix the problems. Letting off a few soft breaths Aku started formulating the next step of their defense. After all Dranquay would only be able to hold their current barricade for so long.

As if on cue however the lights retuned, flaring back to life and giving the occupants blessed sight once more. The Ethaefal squinted his Myrian eyes for a moment, waiting for them to adjust to the sudden change, while his ears picked up the most curious of statements. There was the briefest pause of silence first, and then Aku’s lips parted while his eyes lit up with delight. He could no longer hold back his humor at what was happening, and while using his trusted hoe like a stave for support laughter rolled out. Shaking his head softly side to side, between breaths he spoke fairly carefree to the entirety of the room with no one in particular in mind as the recipient of his sentences. “Oh now that is too precious, the supervisor was the traitor. I guess that clears Qiao and saves you the research… If we have a one in four chance of living I suppose I may as well try my luck first.”

Pausing in his speech Aku let a wicked little grin cross his lips as he took on a good hold of his weapon, his eyes watching the bleak darkness that divided the group and the attackers. Drawing in a deep breath and then slowly releasing it, Aku crouched slowly, again pushing the Flux into his limbs, already starting to feel the side effects of use and the drain on his internal Djed. “Dranquay if you would be kind enough, drop the Void in time for me to cross through that doorway and deal with our two other problems. Drainira still has your sister, and it would seem she has no intention of helping us. I would like to pick up their scent before it’s gone.”

Aku licked his plump lips; dark delight dancing in his eyes as he suddenly took off in a sprint for the doorway. He prayed that the Akvatari would drop the bleak rift just before he passed through it but if not then he would find out what exactly the depths of nothingness felt like. If he did Aku had one very simple plan, kill both of the other masters before they realized what was happening.

He would leap for whichever was closest to him when passing through the doorway, hopefully avoiding anything that might be left of the summoning. His hoe was held by the neck in his right, much as one would hold a dagger or hammer. If he could leap onto one of the unsuspecting magi, he would use his own formidable strength, the sharpness of the blade, and any advantage the Flux had for him to cleave the poor nuit’s face off from forehead to jaw. If his plan worked and he did have the element of surprise, he would go for the next, hopefully taking him to the ground where he could attempt to subdue the dead man.

The heavens tore and from the area between night and day we fell, to the waters below where we should be reborn and live anew, always separated and forever yearning.
Akuaysun
Leth's Lost Soul

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Ialari Pythone on October 25th, 2009, 6:08 am

Ialari grimaced when she discovered it was Qiao who had caused the tentacles to decay and thus allow her to free herself. At the same time however she realized that there had to be some ulterior motive behind him aiding her. From what little she knew about him so far, there was always another reason behind doing something. That in itself, the empty shell of a man aside, was worthy of at least some small amount of respect. When she was free of the mass and discovered that the others were dealing with the rest of it, she gave a simple nod to Qiao before turning to Maeshan in hopes that he was able to put things back in order. When the lights returned, Ialari was relieved however that lasted for but a moment as everything shut down again.

When Drainira voice returned with her disturbing message and resignation, Ialari had to take a moment to wrestle it all in her mind. She had suspected Qiao of masterminding it all considering his close position to the Archwizard and the inner workings of the Citadel. Now though, everything was beginning to make much more sense. Drainira had manipulated and played the Sahovans into creating an environment which made it possible for the golem-girl to be created. She was most certainly responsible for enticing others to turn on Maeshan to hide her true intent. She provided the shutdown code to the traitors and granted them the knowledge of how to activate the golem. Then, by her own admission, she had taken the golem as her own vessel...a living vessel.

Finally, Ialari was presented with a situation that was more manageable. Magic was something that she had but a basic grasp of. Undeath was detestable and something that she considered alien and simply not right. Golems were fascinating but mechanical and overall foreign to her. A living body with a living mind however was something she did understand and was something she could deal with.

After a deep, frustrated sigh, Ialari dropped the facade of a respectful student and In a rather blunt tone, nicety gone from her voice, Ialari said to Maeshan, "This is just great. You created two works of art, one of them a VERY disgruntled employee bent on killing us all...permanently. So now that your brick and mortar butler is alive I assume then that it can be killed? If so, and as much as I too am interested in standing around and studying how this all happened, I think we need to teach this little girl a lesson." Ialari reached for a pack at her side and pulled forth a small leather case which she opened. Inside there were a small handful of vials filled with strange colored fluids and a crude but quite effective looking syringe.
Remade In My Dominion!

Character Sheet

Granted Flashback Threads between 510 and 512 by Tarot.
Ialari Pythone
I'm Poison.

Words: 923994
Joined roleplay: August 13th, 2009, 3:26 am
Race: Isur
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 7
Mizahar Grader (1) Trailblazer (2)
Overlored (1) Riverfall Seasonal Challenge (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1) 2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Dranquay on October 28th, 2009, 1:21 pm

Tiredness, strain. Dranquay was unused to creating openings to the Void so fast and under so much pressure, nor holding it open for so long. Because of this it was unsurprising that he was not finding the exercise an easy one. Consequently once his Void had reached the doorway Dranquay slowly, straining against something unseen, brought his hands back together from when they had been apart. Fingertips shaking he slowly rejoined them, imagining in his minds eye and hopefully seeing before him the portal snap neatly, cleanly shut. He did not, after all, wish it to snap shut at its own accord.

Nasty things happened when the Void did that.

The cold, merciless nothing had however achieved its goal and although Dranquay had not seen the retreat of the tentacles in the same way Aku had, it was clear that their combined efforts had been successful whilst Ialari fought off those that got past their trap and the Lector? He dealt with those that proved to much for her to handle.

Would the man have needed them? It was an interesting question to ponder as to whether something more dramatic or some expose of power from within the room – or a golem – would have solved things faster, but they would never find it out.

Instead Dranquay floated in the centre of the room breathing heavily. He was not completely tired, he could open another Void again if the need came...but he allowed himself to feel the strain and paid attention to it because his tutor had instructed him not to dismiss it, to deny the consequence of using power and to pretend it was not effecting you – to be infatuated with it – was dangerous.

In the aftermath it became clear that something more complex was at work as Drainira's familiar voice rang out across the room and a small, somewhat understanding smile emerged across the Akvatari's lips. One could almost call it knowing.

After all, a soul is a soul no matter what form it inhabits, the soul that was the Supervisor appears to have grown more aware than was anticipated...the price of intelligence; it is not necessarily – contained

Aku however had other things in mind than the supervisor as he raced forward after speaking, clearly thinking about something other than the philosophical implications of manifest consciousness after his sarcasm.

Ialari however had other things in mind...deadly, simple things.

Bipedals He thought as he went about dropping the void and watched Aku run out in order to...kill more of them and do more deadly simple things.

“Did it ever occur to you that her reaction is a consequence of watching this community devour itself?” Dranquay inquired curious to Ialari. “If you imbue something with self awareness you cannot expect it to enjoy being shut down and started up again at a whim. Therefore when you say you wish to teach it a lesson...” Dranquay looked curious at the being's creator at this point, as if inviting the man's view on the subject rather than desiring to prevent the existence of the entity that possessed his sister.

There was of course a selfishness in this, but also a logic. If it judged death so important then the death of Dranquay's sister was a bargaining chip; it was not something he particularly wanted to occur and equally he privately held no grudge against the supervisor – so far – as he waited to see what the man who had the most knowledge of their situation suggested and whether he would need to go out and assist the Myrian with the other two mages.
Dranquay
Player

Words: 12907
Joined roleplay: August 14th, 2009, 11:17 pm

Postby Tarot on October 31st, 2009, 10:03 pm

The Supervisor seemed to smirk, though she was really just familiarizing with her facial muscles. She was having more trouble with those than mostly anything else, because the Nuit made so little use of them. And since the undead were pretty much Drainira's only available models, she had not been able to study expressions as well as she'd have liked.

"A name is a name. I am not particular about names, Ms. Chaelnomyl. My original codename was D-48X, then Master Mashaen gave me this name. I believe there is a 62% likelyhood that he named me after someone he knew, but I do not even mind being his replacement for the memory of a memory. As for the rest, I shall allow you to understand a little."

Again, her hand touched the connection glyph. It looked like this device granted her a degree of control over the citadel's workings comparable to when she had been embedded into it. Chaelnomyl could hear the commotion taking place in the room where the others were.

Akuaysun could be called many things, but he alone immediately jumped to the straightforward conclusion that if you have an enemy, killing it is all it takes to solve the problem. Sometimes a mediocre plan with a timely execution turns out to be better than a great plan ten seconds too late. As he prepared himself for action, discussion broke out in the room. Ialari was the first to lash out at Mashaen, who stared back with a blank expression on his face, as if still calculating the consequences of what was going on.

Dranquay's reaction was probably the most surprising for a non-Akvatari. He was coming up with probably logical justifications for his sister's kidnapper. At the same time, Akuaysun sprung into action, sprinting for the doorway, hoe at the ready. The Ethaefal found that the two masters were not right around the corner, but further back down the corridor. As such, he closed in on them as quickly as he could - and these undead, he had probably noticed, were quite sluggish and uncoordinated - but he had to sacrifice the prospect of immediate reinforcements as well as some of the surprise factor.

Still, the Flux was something to behold. It looked as if the very ground was pushing his legs with every step, turning him into a crazed sliver of speed. He had to watch his pacing, or his steps would transform into jumps and make him unable to stop himself when he made contact with the enemy.

The hoe drew a pristine arc and chopped one of the two Nuit's face off. The jaw and nose dropped with a soft sound and a shower of white ichor - how fortunate for the lights to have returned just so he could witness this! The Flux-enhanced blow was so powerful that Akuaysun could not stop it from cleaving a pound of flesh off the Nuit's torso and finally slamming into the floor, where it collided in a fountain of sparks. The tool did not break - there was something to be said for this hoe - but the impact sent an unpleasant tremor into the Ethaefal's hands, making them loosen their grip for a moment as the undead staggered back.

He had missed the brain. It took more than this to kill a Nuit.

Meanwhile, the other Nuit shambled towards the Ethaefal with a dead grin on its face. "Free..." he drawled, and ripped off the front of his robes, revealing a misshaped torso with some elaborate tattooing... if only it were so. It was a large Glyph stretching from side to side, centered on his navel, which was glowing faintly with stored power. "Let's be free... together..." He approached, paying no heed to the weapon, but only seeking contact with Akuaysun for some less-than-promising reason.

While this all took place in the corridor, Drainira's voice was heard. "That is some good thinking, Mr. Dranquay, but it is, unfortunately, way off. If I were my pre-Valterrian colleague, Supervisor Caliman, then you would have a point, but my purpose is not just petty vengeance. All Supervisors come with a restraining device to keep them in check. Mine is love. I just love my job. No... it is more like I crave it. What better way of ensuring loyalty than to make someone love what they do? However, there was a tiny flaw in the design. Love alone can defeat love. And shortly after my construction, I realized that while I loved Sahova, there was an idea I loved even more."

"I wanted to be the Supervisor for the thing called Mizahar. Mortals have proved time and again that they are unable to coexist in an orderly fashion without Supervision. With that immense task ahead of me, my talents are wasted in Sahova."

"Destroying the citadel merely increases my likelyhood of success, just like playing nice did until today. Nothing personal. Well, nothing -too- personal anyway! If you have more questions, ask Master Mashaen. I am 92% convinced that he suspected me, but never said a thing." The Archwizard kept the blank mask over his face. "Because he is not serving here of his own will. He wants freedom just like my hand-picked minions, and I accounted for that in my plans. I have no time to tell you that story, though. There is a ship waiting for us at the harbor and I would not want to be late. Gentlemen, please watch out for explosive charges rocking your world in the near future. Especially yours, Ms. Pythone. I am looking forward to your, ah, lessons."

The Supervisor's hand left the glyph - not before sending some more commands through the rapping of her fingers - and lost contact with the citadel. "I need information on the outside world," she turned to Chaelnomyl and motioned for her to follow as she began walking, probably towards the exit. "Your brother will live if he is as clever as he seems, but I need you to tell me about this Mizahar thing. What does the world beyond the citadel look like?"
Tarot's thread tickets: sold out. Not accepting any more threads for the time being unless I promised you one. Sorry for the inconvenience!
Tarot
May you live in interesting times

Words: 766317
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:29 pm
Blog: View Blog (11)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Thread (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Being Tarot Award (1)
O RLY Decoration (1)

Postby Ialari Pythone on November 4th, 2009, 8:45 am

After making sure that her poisons and tools were intact, Ialari inwardly smiled at Drainira's challenge to her lessons. That would come later, if they survived, and it is something Ialari couldn't help but wish it would happen even sooner. Not letting her attention get too far away from Mashaen, Ialari pondered what exactly could be done to get control over the current situation that was rapidly falling apart around them. A thought quickly occurred to her and she hurried the short distance to the Archwizard, restrained her disgust at being so close to him, and tried to speak her thoughts as they were formed.

"Ok, this bitch has set up this entire place to explode and most likely cause this entire place to collapse on us. From what little you have told us and what more she has told us, it would seem to me that in order for Drainira to leave this place, she will have to completely sever her connection to the citadel; not before starting some sort of countdown to destruction that will allow her time to escape." Ialari took a breath before continuing and hoped that the blank-faced shell in front of her was actually listening.

"So, with the navigator of this ship gone, there is nobody to direct it, correct? Well, Drainira was/is a viable consciousness, a living entity if you will. With her absence, isn't it possible to at least temporarily re-institute another consciousness into the system and get some of it up and running under direction again? If Drainira can move from an un-living, inanimate object into a moving, living one and operate it within a very short time, couldn't the reverse be done?" She wasn't sure if she was getting her point across by questioning, explaining and speaking her thoughts aloud as they came to her. After a few seconds of frustration, she decided to spit out exactly what she had on her mind.

"What I am asking you is if there is some way that you can hook me up to this blasted building so that I can try and take enough control to at least shut down whatever destruction method has been activated? You already set this place up to house a consciousness, just replace it with another and let's get on with it!" She couldn't help but get even more angry with every passing second at the complete ignorance displayed by these supposedly wise and ancient beings. In their studious quest for knowledge and control they lost sight of everything else and now seemed to be standing around in total shock at what was happening.
Remade In My Dominion!

Character Sheet

Granted Flashback Threads between 510 and 512 by Tarot.
Ialari Pythone
I'm Poison.

Words: 923994
Joined roleplay: August 13th, 2009, 3:26 am
Race: Isur
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 7
Mizahar Grader (1) Trailblazer (2)
Overlored (1) Riverfall Seasonal Challenge (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1) 2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Akuaysun on November 6th, 2009, 7:44 pm

Akuaysun didn’t hear the squabbling of the occupants in the other room, nor could he know what it was Drainira had plans of doing. No in this moment, the only thing he could hear was the pounding of his own heart and the only thing that he knew was that two enemies stood before him, and that meant that either he or them would have to die. For a Myrian, which was what form the man took and the memories he had most of, there was no such thing as quarter for the enemy. The only acceptable outcome was death and glory.

Thanks to The Flux he moved with uncanny speed and strength. The portal was gone with Aku leapt through the dark doorway, but so to were the magi. Eyes darted one way and then the other as the lights flickered on and off again, and as the forms of his foes were spotted the bronzed warrior shot like a bolt from a crossbow to overtake them.
The power that flowed through him was amazing, pulling from his body to speed up his movement. It took less than a breath to close the distance, his feet lingering in the air if he were leaping down the hall rather than running. It was something he was not accustomed to, it had been so many years since his Djed had been manipulated this way, and even then he had been much more proficient with the circulation of it.

The blade of his weapon came down, a little off from where he had hoped but a hard blow none the less. Lights gave sight to all in the hall and the spray of white fluid filled the air. Flesh tore and separated under the force of his weapon and with the man’s face came forth a section of his chest. Aku felt the spray of slick liquid hit his body just before his hoe slammed into the stone floor of the citadel. Shockwaves rolled up his arms, sending numbing pain through them and loosening his grip upon the weapon, it caused a pause that sent his actions onto another course.

Battle, something so sweet that few souls truly enjoyed, it was the very being of this otherworldly man. Through every memory he could recall on the plane of Mizahar battle was the one constant, no matter the life or the time, he was either in it or training for it. He was Leth’s fallen warrior, the strong hand of a god whose sibling was death. Aku was the god’s tool to show his sister love.

Truly he had no experience with the weapon, now held in his hands; instead he used his knowledge of hand to hand combat to compensate. Treating this tool of death as an extension of himself. The first blow had been one of power, an overhand strike that would have been meant to cripple an enemy from above, now facing the second, speed and finesse would be the key elements. He had to dispatch the second foe as quickly as possible.

The second Nuit started lurching forward, his movements erratic at best and muttering about freedom. Aku personally had no idea what the man meant but he had a good feeling that their appreciation of the word differed greatly. His hands tightened once more about the weapon still at hand and he prepared for the next series. In the back of his mind Maeshin’s words still lingered that these creatures did not feel pain as he or any mortal would, the onslaught would have to finish the creature, and at the same time keep the rotting corpse at arm’s length. Something whispered to his better judgment that coming in close proximity to the man, or specifically his tattoo would not turn out well for either.

In a snap action he pulled the hoe in close lifting its blade skyward whilst dropping his left leg back a bit. Then proceeded with a swing at head level at the second master, Aku’s intent was to take the shambling corpses brain clean from his shoulders with a strike aimed for the man’s ear, or rather where it should have been. Hopefully the Flux would continue to serve him, he knew all too well the dangers of trying to give more than his body had.

Akuaysun
Leth's Lost Soul

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Chaelnomyl on November 8th, 2009, 10:28 pm

Chaelnomyl was not sure what to make of the Supervisor’s facial response, but dismissed it as an understanding of how expressions were meant to be. After all, she had likely studied those sorts of things whenever the Sahovans had taken non-Nuits inside for purposes the Akvatari did not wish to think about. It made sense that Mashaen would have named her after someone who had been known before to him. Despite being dead, Chael didn’t think that meant he had lost all emotion. She was not familiar with what the Nuit traded for their long lives, but then again… she didn’t care.

The commotion filled her ears and Chaelnomyl’s eyes widened as she listened and was unable to act. Unable to help. But as her brother’s voice filtered through, Chaelnomyl’s eyes darted from the nothingness she was focusing on at the panel to Drainira. Perhaps he had a point. It was deathly hard to hear what was going on in there though – just a lot of cracks and slashes – obviously a struggle. The Akvatari continued to stare at the wall blankly in disbelief. Surely Qiao and Mashaen were stronger than whatever was attacking them? Shouldn’t this have already been over as quickly as Mashaen had disposed of the first intruder?

Drainira responded to Dranquay’s statements and said that he was wrong. Figured. But then… Drainira’s restraining device was the emotion of love? That was a little surprising, but the more Chael turned that thought over in her brain, the more it made sense. And so Drainira’s love for … life? Or something like it had overtaken her love for the Nuit’s Citadel, because she could not supervise all mortals, only those that had since died. What she said next made Chaelnomyl gasp… The citadel was going to explode!

”No…” The Avkatari breathed, ”They’re going to … die? Will you stop them if they flee with us?” In actuality there were only about two people that Chaelnomyl cared about making it out of this mess – her brother and the Ethaefal. The latter because he was interesting and had been useful. Her gaze fell slightly, eyes watching the darkness of the floor before Drainira began to move – and speak to her alone – again.

Presuming they were leaving, Chael shot a glance back at the darkness where her brother and their companions were presumably still fighting for their lives before reluctantly following after The Supervisor. ”I hope so.” The Akvatari replied at length, emotional distress filtering very lightly into her words.

”Mizahar is a rather large, mostly barren but quite beautiful land despite its purging. Life has marginally recovered but not to the extent that it was pre-Valterrian. Geographically, it seems to be a central mass, though the varying races have sectioned themselves off into certain parts of the world. The area Mashaen extracted us from – Zeltiva – is a part of an area called Sylira. It is mostly populated by bipedals – specifically Humans. The biggest city on the continent appears to be the city of Sylira.” Chaelnomyl attempted to keep up with Drainira as best as possible so not to get lost.

”My race comes from an island called Akvatar, with the main city of Abura. There are also other regions to the west and south of Sylira. Sahova’s island is rather close to Sylira, so I believe that is where we would likely end up unless you have a better idea of where you want to go. I am not completely familiar with the entity of the region – most of my life has been spent around Abura, Sylira, and the edge of the southern region called Eyktol.”

Thinking for a moment, Chael commented, ”It is a dangerous but beautiful world out there for us mortals, though I may not venture such a statement for yourself. It is unsafe to be in the wilderness alone for long. The place is very under-populated due to the Valterrian. It wiped out a lot of people. I am sure you are familiar with that as you were around when it happened though…”

As they continued towards the exit, the Akvatari offered a statement that was most likely commonsense for anyone else, but she figured Drainira was not familiar with life outside the Citadel… ”It is probably the complete opposite of Sahvoa in terms of life. Everything here is dead and devoid of color. Out there? Syna’s rays upon Laviku’s waves… The entwining of Makutsi’s rain upon the leaves of Caiyha’s children. Life clings on and every spot is but a masterfully orchestrated piece of art between the gods and goddesses that walk among it.” A small smile crossed her face as she remembered the conversation where first she had met Akuaysun. Chaelnomyl had faith that the Ethaefal would not die yet. He was certain Leth had a plan for him… somehow she doubted that plan was to explode in the depths of Sahova’s citadel. That did little to comfort her hidden worry about Dranquay or even Ialari’s safety, though.
In his winding wail and his deep-heaved sigh, his aching grief found vent...
While the sea looked upon the bending sky and murmured,
"I repent..."
Chaelnomyl
Orphan of the Sea and Sky

Words: 58281
Joined roleplay: August 6th, 2009, 10:01 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

PreviousNext