Question: Ethaefal's Mortal Seeming

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, users can ask questions of one another to work through issues. New players are encouraged to ask their questions here before they turn to the Help Desk or a storyteller.

Moderators: Liaisons, Assistant Storytellers, Regional Storytellers, Domain Storytellers

Postby Lineke on March 8th, 2013, 12:48 am

Hello!

My question is rather simple, really. When an Ethaefal falls and is plunged back into an old mortal form from a past life, at which point in that mortal life are they "born" again? Do they take up their mortal form from when it originally perished in the far past, or are they sent back to some random point in that mortal life's past?

Regardless of which, would you be able to recall details of that mortal form's life equally in both of said cases? That is, if you were born again in the form you had in the middle of your former life, would you still be able to recall details of what happened in its life that happened after the point at which you "jumped back in", so to speak? Basically, would the age of your mortal seeming matter in case you could be randomly pitched into that form's lifetime?

I know it's a bit of an odd question, but I appreciate any answer!

Love,
Shurayya
Lineke
Player

Words: 6124
Joined roleplay: March 7th, 2013, 9:50 pm
Race: Human, Mixed

Postby Quiarinox on March 8th, 2013, 1:25 am

To the best of my understanding, Ethaefal are born with a mortal seeming that came from the last moment of that seeming's life. They also DO NOT remember parts of their old life at all. Something like déjà vu is acceptable but outright memories no.

I hope this makes sense.
Quiarinox
basilisk's glare.

Words: 67285
Joined roleplay: September 5th, 2012, 10:50 pm
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Lineke on March 8th, 2013, 1:33 am

Hello Quiarinox (hard to spell),

The wiki page on the Ethaefal suggests that you would have shards of "memories", as in very vague recollections of the meaningful events coming from the current mortal form you've been stuck in but has no memories whatsoever of other past lives while in mortal seeming, while they can recollect certain important "snippets" from multiple recent lives in their Ethaefal form. It's these vague recollections I refer to. :) I wouldn't expect them to be outright memories, though if I could be given more clarity on this in addition to the original question, that would also be swell.

Love,
Shurayya
Lineke
Player

Words: 6124
Joined roleplay: March 7th, 2013, 9:50 pm
Race: Human, Mixed

Postby Evalin on March 12th, 2013, 3:08 pm

Hey there!

I would just like to add to what was said. Eth's take on whatever life that shares the gender that they connect with. For instance if your Ethaefal is a Woman, as chosen by Syna or Leth, your mortal form would be that of the last female body you had. If you were a female right before Leth took you, and he decided you were truly supposed to be a female, then when you fall to Mizahar your mortal form will be that of your last life, which was female. Now if your last life was a male, then when Leth took you up he changed you to female to reflect what he thought best showed your soul (as a female), so that means when you fell to earth you would take on whichever life you were last female. Here I will give you a visual to help :)

So then lets use this to represent your last life: Male Jamoura

So then you die as a male Jamoura, and you are taken up by Leth because as a Jamoura you were loyal to him. Leth takes you into his domain, and decides you are better off female, so lets represent this new life of yours as this: Female Lethaefal

Well notice that your last life was male, so that means your last life CANNOT be your current fallen Eth's mortal form. So you go back down your timeline, through all your life times, and find the LAST FEMALE FORM you took. So I shall list it for you :)

Female Lethaefal
1) Male Jamoura
2) Male human
3) Male Drykas
4) Male Akalak
5) Female Zith
6) Female Akavarti
7) Male Eypharian

The Female Zith was your last Female life, thus it becomes your mortal form during the day. Thus your character is a Female Lethaefal at night and a Female Zith during the day.

Often the mortal form you take is at the pique of physical strength and fitness that you were during that life time. So for Zith that would be around the age of 20 or so, maybe a bit younger when their bodies were the strongest. So your mortal form is not at the age that you died, but at the age when you were at your physical best. Pretty cool huh :)

Now as for the memories, you do not have "memories" like you would normally think. It is possible if you were a Konti in a past life that you might go to Mura and have a sudden feeling that you have been there before. It is even possible that you can start recalling old skills from a past life, feeling as if you had done this all before thus you pick it up quicker than the average person. I have seen some Eth's that have dreams that show them images from past lives, but almost always they forget these when they wake up. If you are unsure exactly what you can and cannot recall contact your local ST and they can help you out as well :)

Hope this helps!

Ev
ImageImageImage

Wretched Aura: As a Wretched One Evalin possesses an unnatural aura about her that causes unease in those who get too close. It can come as a prickle of the hair on the back of the neck, a sense of 'wrongness' about her. How people experience it is different depending on their personality and how they handle the unnatural and unknown. Animals tend to become more agitated, more easily sensing how wrong Evalin is and often avoiding contact with her.
Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Words: 1033971
Joined roleplay: March 20th, 2012, 4:05 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Zinrah Seasonal Challenge (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)