PM to join Fearful Foraging (Roxa)

Zantair meets Roxa, steering her away from his nuts.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built high in the massive branches of Taldera's bloodwood forest, The Spires is a city crafted by the peaceful and scholarly Jamoura. Considered a haven for scholars and sages Mizahar-wide, The Spires is a mecca of philosophy and science that draws people from far and wide with its promise of deeper thinking and higher reasoning.

Fearful Foraging (Roxa)

Postby Zantair on March 14th, 2013, 2:55 pm

Spring, 4, 513AV

He may not have known about flora, the poisonous fungi, or even the dangerous wild animals, but it was impossible to doubt how much Zantair knew about the gathering of his delicious nuts. He may not have been the greatest forager within the area, but he could manage to gather a small amount, and stash it away, which eventually led to the fair pile he had hidden at the current moment.

Zantair padded through the grass, with the occassional twig brushing against his fur or even catching his bushy tail, which would then drag it with a fair bit of force until it eventually fell to one side or another, losing it's grip on the curled appendage. He made his way forward until he started catching site of a particular large tree, and began to climb. His stubby finger-like claws grasping the tree bark, hoisting him up into the tree rather quickly until he finally sat against the firmness of the tree's lowest limb.

The particular nut he noticed was just on the edge, and a centimeter from the tip of the limb would mean he would plummet down to eventually crash into solid ground, not something he was interested in doing today. He decided it best to go for the, albeit smaller, safer nut, about midway on the extended branch. He scuttled across, lacking all the familiar grace that most would recognise a squirrel to have, instead teetering this way and that as he tried to get closer to his current goal.

He was only an inch further from the nut, a nut which was destined to escape the grasps of the squirrel, when he caught glimpses of an intruder. There was a woman who could definitely be seen closing in on his stash of nuts, Zantair was unquestionably unhappy as he could only come to the conclusion that she was either looking for his stash, exploring and keeping whatever she might find, foraging for food herself, or undoubtedly looking for his stash. Needless to say, he was not happy to let events carry on as they would.

Zantair pushed himself forward, barreling down the tree's bark and like a bull who can see only red, charged his way towards the woman, passing twigs and fungi, climbing over broken limbs and through the forest floor, and upon reaching a close enough distance leapt forward to position himself directly in front of her. He changed to a human form, in all it's naked glory, to better make her aware of his presence, stood up and stretched, glaring at the woman who would dare search for his stash.

"What do you think you are doing? My stash is absolutely, positively not here. You should go look somewhere else!" Perhaps ironically, Zantair had given away to the fact that his stash was indeed around the area, but that was a point Zantair wasn't prepared to notice in the dramatic state he was in.
"Who are you, anyway? I don't recognize you, you look like a stash theif," he stated, not allowing his mind to filter what he was thinking and what he was saying, and perhaps if Zantair was in a slightly less panicked emotional state, he would recognize that it was also perhaps the type of things that would seem childish coming out of a naked middle aged man, Kelvic or not.
Last edited by Zantair on April 5th, 2013, 9:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zantair
Telling of a Squirrely Future.

Words: 23096
Joined roleplay: February 27th, 2013, 3:58 am
Blog: View Blog (2)
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Fearful Foraging (Roxa)

Postby Roxa on March 26th, 2013, 10:44 pm

Well this was unexpected. Roxa was out to do nothing more than explore a little. There was so much interesting plant life and so many creatures unknown to Roxa. It went without saying that Lhavit and the Spires had very little in common. The critters were all so very strange. Her expertise was Kalea, and even though she'd spent some time in the Jamoura city, everything still felt so foreign to her.

She'd aimlessly wondered, lost deep in thought when the chatterings of a squirrel caught her attention. Adorable animals they were, so the songstress made her way into a position to watch the grey guy at work. "Cute little thing," she whispered, her lips curling into a smile. The animals this close to the Spires had to be used to people walking around them, she figured, so the reaction she recieved from the squirrel as she approached the base of the tree was quite unexpected.

I-is it..Is it charging me!?

The brunette stumbled back, a look of shock coming over her features as the cute little critter changed into something very different. He instantly launched into a tirade, accusing her of something, but she couldn't focus. Under normal circumstances the woman would have confronted such lies with anger of her own. She would have returned fire, hitting him with a salvo of annoyance to put him in his place. But she couldn't.

The man was naked.

The man was naked, and ranting about his stash.

It was all too much.

Slender fingers raised to cover her mouth, as she turned away. Deep brown eyes began to become watery as they teared up, and it was only a matter of moments before she burst out in laughter.

"Do..you have...any idea...how ridiculous you...are?!?" Her other arm wrapped around her waist as she bent over, letting the amusement escape in a fit of giggles. Roxa shook her head, trying to gather herself, but couldn't resist one little barb.

"Sir," she began, taking a deep breath to compose herself. "I do believe...I do believe...." Her lips began to quiver as she struggled to contain her self. "I do believe you've exposed me to your entire stash." The laughter came again as Roxa backed up against a tree to support herself. Whatever she'd actually come out here for was long forgotten. A slightly plump, naked man could do that to a girl.
Roxa
Player

Words: 6301
Joined roleplay: March 4th, 2013, 3:31 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Fearful Foraging (Roxa)

Postby Capricious on April 12th, 2013, 8:24 pm

Zantair

Award
Skill XP Earned Lore Earned
Wilderness Survival 1 • Unintentionally Giving Away One's Stash Location
Observation 1 • Lore

As Roxa is retired, I will not be grading for her. It is a shame this thread was not continued!

If you have any questions or concerns regarding your grade, please send me a PM and we can figure it out. :)

Capricious
Assistant Storyteller of The Spires

Words: 171332
Joined roleplay: September 25th, 2012, 11:14 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Medals: 1
Trailblazer (1)