[Verified by Siren] Erik

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, all the character sheets are kept for player characters. Feel free to come on in, browse the forum, look at what sort of characters others have created, and then begin your very own!

Moderator: Liaisons

Erik

Postby Erik on March 22nd, 2013, 2:57 am

Erik Sylis

Appearance

Race: Human
Birthday: 41, Winter, 497.
Birthplace: Zeltiva

Appearance: Erik is a short and scrawny young man, unimposing in every physical aspect. He stands at about 5'5" and weighs about 115 lbs. His skin is very pale, almost unhealthily so and his features are rather effeminate. His long hair is platinum blonde and is usually kept unbound and out of his pondering grey eyes. A number of people have mistaken him for a woman on occasion, Erik never comments on it. What little muscle he does have is honed towards a quick and evasive fighting style, which would make him an exceptional duelist if he applied himself.

Character Concept

Erik maintains a cool head in even the most heated situations. He will always do his best to avoid conflict, preferring negotiation and diplomacy over swordplay and violence. His reimancy is something he is hesitant to call upon, unless he is either training or in a situation that absolutely calls for it. He views those wizards who carelessly sling around magic with no control or thought as potential dangers, to both themselves and others. He prefers to keep to his own business around others as he possesses a healthy amount of suspicion towards Non-Wizards. In groups he is ever the voice of reason and will typically remain silent unless he has something of import to say.

He is driven by the desire to perfect the reimancy forms passed down through his family and eventually develop his own unique form. Erik is very, very hesitant to speak about the practices of his family, and is very cautious about revealing his reimancy to others. He will never, under any circumstances, teach someone the reimancy forms developed by his ancestors, he will however teach a person basic concepts of reimancy if he trusts them enough.

Character History

Pre-Creation

Erik was born to a family that possessed a very long history of reimancy, stretching back five generations to his great ancestor Amon Sylis. The Sylis family has long been devoted to the refinement of reimancy and the discovery of new and creative applications for it. For the Sylis family, reimancy is regarded as much more spiritual than it is as a simple magic. The teachings of the family hold the belief that reimancy helps one achieve harmony, both internally and with the surrounding world. As the only son to the last heir to the family it fell to Erik to carry on the tradition.

From a very young age Erik was taught the basic principles of reimancy, being initiated into the discipline at seven years old. He learned early on in his training that discipline and control were sacrosanct. His days were spent in meditation and contemplation of the teachings of the Sylis family. From his mother, who was a former Syliran Knight, he learned more worldly skills such as tactics and diplomacy. At age eight Erik successfully manifested his, "personal element", as the Sylis family labels the first element a person learns to control. This element was wind, making him the first initial wind user in the family since Amon Sylis himself.

Erik rigorously applied himself to learning more of the art of reimancy, learning how to manifest weak versions of the, "Wind Blade," form at age eleven. All throughout his training, Erik's family would be on the move constantly, never staying in one place for too long. This made him a much more distant person growing up, and made it much more difficult for him to form strong attachments to people. A few months after Erik learned to effectively control water his life changed drastically and dangerously. A bandit raid on a caravan that his family had been traveling with claimed the lives of both of his parents. It was sudden and frightening, his mother dying first and his father sending Erik into the wilderness with the most prized possession of his family, the journal of the Sylis family. Erik watched from the trees of northern Sylira as his father was overwhelmed and killed, he was alone.

Out in the wilds of Sylira, Erik quickly learned that in order to survive he would have to be alert at all times and adapt fast or die. He learned the basics of survival in the wilderness, scaring away most things that wished him harm with his reimancy. He found his magic very useful in hunting animals, dragging them under lakes to drown or cutting them quickly with the air itself. Despite the dangers of the wild he still prefers them to the dangers of the cities, knowing full well how suspicious people are in regards to magic.

Post-Creation

Language

Fluent Language: Common
Basic Language:
Poor Language:

Skills

Skill EXP Total Proficiency
Reimancy 30 SP 30/100 Competent
Wilderness Survival 15 RB 15/100 Novice
Meditation 10 SP 10/100 Novice
Negotiation 5 SP 5/100 Novice
Hunting 5 SP 5/100 Novice

Lores

Helpful Lores:
Reimancy Form (Wind Blade)
Syliran Geography

Possessions

1 Set of Clothing
-Simple Shirt
-Simple Pants
-Simple Undergarments
-Simple Cloak
-Simple Boots
Grey Felt Robes
Draft Horse (Illan)
-Saddle, Pack
-Set of Large Saddlebags
1 Waterskin
1 Backpack which contains:
-Comb (Wood)
-Brush (Wood)
-Soap
-Razor
-Balanced Rations (1 Week’s Worth)
10 days worth of Traveler's Stock
-1 eating knife
-Flint & Steel
-Cup
-Pan
-Soup Spoon
-Game Knife
-Bowl
-Map of Sylira
100 Gold Mizas

Heirloom: Journal of The Sylis Family

Housing

House: 1 large tent (4 person), large tarp, 100 ft of rope, flint & steel, lantern, 2 torches, bedroll, blanket, fishing tackle & hooks, a riding horse, a full set of tack, and a large set of saddlebags.

Ledger

Purchase Cost Total
Starting +100 GM 100 GM
Grey Felt Robes -2 GM 98 GM
Game Knife -3 CM 97 GM 9 SM 7 CM
Bowl 6" -2 CM 97 GM 9 SM 5 CM
Pan, 12" -3 CM 97 GM 9 SM 2 CM
Cup, 6 oz. -3 CM 97 GM 8 SM 9 CM
Soup Spoon -1 CM 97 GM 8 SM 8 CM
Map, Region (Sylira) -10 GM 87 GM 8 SM 8 CM
Animal Snare, Small (x2) -10 GM 77 GM 8 SM 8 CM
Saddle, Pack -5 GM 72 GM 8 SM 8 CM
Traveler's Stock -3 GM 69 GM 8 SM 8 CM

Thread List

None Yet.
Last edited by Erik on March 23rd, 2013, 4:45 pm, edited 4 times in total.
By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experiance, which is bitterest.

~Confucius
Erik
Player

Words: 14487
Joined roleplay: March 22nd, 2013, 12:34 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Erik

Postby Erik on March 22nd, 2013, 9:56 pm

General Information

General Information :
1. What is your Name? Erik Sylis
2. Do you go by a nickname or pet name?I have never received one.
3. How old are you?About sixteen years old.
4. What is your height?I've been told that I am rather short for a man. About five feet and five inches tall.
5. What is your weight? About one hundred and ten pounds.

Aesthetics :
1. Describe yourself as you see yourself. A short and thin young man.
2. Describe yourself as others typically see you. Usually the same as above though some people have mistaken me for a woman before.
3. What is your favorite body feature? My hands as they are usually the catalyst for my reimancy.
4. How physically fit are you? Not very.
5. How do you typically dress and what is your style? I usually wear grey robes and simple clothes underneath them.

Family :
1. Who are your parents and what are they like?My father was Roric Sylis and he was very dutiful and intelligent. My mother was Alana Sylis and she was gentle, strong, and kind.
2. Do you have any brothers or sisters?No, as far as I know I am the last of the Sylis family line.
3. What is your extended family like?I don't know, my mother would write to a sister she called Lyra who lived in Syliras. My father never spoke of any brothers or sisters.
4. Do you consider close friends as important or more/less important than family?That depends, I have never really had the chance to form a close friendship with someone as my family was always on the move.
5. Do you treat animals like family? I trust my horse, Illan, with my life.

1. Where were you born? Zeltiva, according to my parents.
2. Where do you live now? The Wildlands of Sylira, with the occasional visit to Zeltiva for supplies.
3. If you could live anywhere in Mizahar where would that be? I would love to simply live outside of cities and towns.
4. Do you have a favorite place to vacation or spend leisure time? Not really.
5. Where do you fear to be? Chained to a city like Ravok or Syliras.

Traits :
1. Do you have any physical weaknesses (disease, scars, and missing limbs?) I still have some scars from my initiation to reimancy, and I am physically quite weak compared to most people.
2. Are you right handed or left handed? Right handed, though I have learned to use my left hand rather well.
3. What languages do you speak? What do you sound like? Do you have an accent? I speak common, though I would like to learn others. I have been told that my voice is very calm an smooth.
4. Do you have any odd mannerisms, annoying habits, or other defining characteristics? I mediate frequently and enjoy solitude for the most part, though I am not averse to talking with others.
5. Do you have (or want to get) any tattoos or piercing? Why do you have them (or will get them)? I have none, nor to I have any particular inclination to gain any.

Occupations :
1. What is your occupation? I hunt regularly and will often sell the hides I find in Zeltiva for a modest sum.
2. Do you like/dislike your work? Why? I don't mind my work, though I would prefer to simply practice my reimancy with no need for money.
3. If you could be anything you wanted to, what would you be? I would love to simply stay in the wilderness and perfect my families reimancy forms.
4. What occupation do you admire the most? Why? I admire diplomats as they can stop wars and bloodshed with simple words.
5. What occupation do you lest like? Why? I strongly dislike slavers, politicians, and assassins.

Childhood :
1. What sort of child were you? Quiet usually, introverted.
2. What is your favorite memory from childhood? Manifesting my personal element.
3. What is your worst memory from childhood? My initiation into reimancy.
4. What sort of relationship did you have with your parents? I respected my father a great deal and loved my mother a great deal.
5. Who was your most influential rolemodel? My mother as she always sought non violent solutions before resorting to violence.

Education :
1. What sort of education do you have? I know how to use reimancy proficiently. I also learned geography and how to read.
2. Do you like/dislike learning? How can anyone dislike learning?
3. Where or how did you learn most of your skills/abilities? From my parents.
4. How do you learn best? On my own, though instruction from others is not something I'll turn aside.
5. What are your educational goals for the future?I intend to master the four elements as my ancestor Amon Sylis did.

Relationships :
1. Do you form close bonds with people? Why? Why not? I have yet to form bonds with anyone really. I would be open to it, so long as they do not pry into my family's secrets.
2. Do you trust people easily? If not, why not? I'll give people the benefit of the doubt.
3. Do you consider yourself straight, gay, bi, or something else? I find women attractive if that is what you are asking.
4. Have you ever been kissed? If so, describe the first time. Never outside of a loving kiss from mother.
5. Have you ever had sex? If so, describe the first time. I- ah, that is a very personal question! However the answer is no, I have not yet.

Drugs and Alcohol :
1. Have you ever been drunk? If so, describe your first time. I was strongly discouraged by my father to drink, as it can affect judgment, which is not very healthy for a reimancer.
2. Do you like to drink on a regular basis? I have only had a small sip of beer once, it was very unpleasant, so that would be a no.
3. What sort of alcohol do you prefer? None at all.
4. Have you ever tried drugs (mood altering substances)? If so, which kinds and what did you think of them? Never have, never will. Again things that impair judgment are not good to mix with reimancy.
5. What do you think of drugs and alcohol? Be specific. I think they are potentially dangerous and rather foolish to depend upon.

Likes and Dislikes :
1. What are your hobbies? I like to meditate regularly, as well as practice my reimancy in a controlled fashion.
2. Do you like to read? The journal of my family, specifically the sections Amon Sylis wrote in.
3. What annoys you more than anything else? Confrontational stupidity and slaves that willingly serve their masters instead of leaving them when they have a chance.
4. What do you find the most relaxing activity to do? Meditation, obviously.
5. What kinds of things embarrass you? Why? Overly forward women, I am far more interested in knowing a person rather than getting to know their reproductive organs, thank you very much.

Favorites :
1. What is your favorite color or colors? I like grey for its neutrality.
2. What is your favorite time of day? Midday.
3. What is the most beautiful thing you’ve ever seen? The perfection of my father's execution of the Wind Blade form.
4. What do you like to eat? What do you hate to eat? I like to eat most things, such as venison. I hate oranges.
5. What is your favorite type of weather? Does any kind scare you? I enjoy a cool and quiet rain shower with a bit of wind as I can more easily commune with my two elements. Also, how can one be afraid of the weather?

Outlook :
1. Are you optimistic or pessimistic? I am a realist. Which I suppose makes me a little more pessimistic than optimistic.
2. What are your religious views? I respect the gods but little else. I do like Zulrav as he controls the wind.
3. Would you be able to kill? I already have before, usually to scare off bandits or slavers.
4. What are your views on sex? Again, kind of a personal question! I would only be able to do that with someone I trust implicitly as losing control of my passions can be dangerous.
5. What, in your opinion, makes a successful life? Leaving behind a legacy that will last through the ages.

Actions :
1. What is the worst and best thing you’ve ever done? The worst thing I have ever done was overgive when I was very young, using a form extremely far beyond me at the time. The best thing I've done so far is gain control over two elements.
2. What is your greatest regret? My greatest regret is not trying to help my parents during the raid that claimed their lives.
3. What is your best/worst memory? My best memory was gaining some control over the Wind Blade form, my worst was watching my mother and father die.
4. If you could change one thing about your past, what would it be and why? I would change it so that my mother and father were still alive.
5. What are you the most proud of doing in your life? Successfully learning reimancy.

Emotions :
1. How honest are you about your thoughts and feelings with others? As honest as it is safe to be.
2. Do you have any biases or prejudices? I tend to judge politicians rather negatively.
3. What makes you happy? Advancing my family's studies.
4. Who or what, if anything, would you die for? I would die to keep my family's history alive.
5. What makes you angry? Oppression of the many by a select few. I have special hatred for Ravok and their decadent Lord.

Relationships :
1. In general, how do you treat others? With respect unless they prove they deserve otherwise.
2. Who is the most important person in your life, and why? No one at the moment.
3. Who is the person you respect the most, and why? Amon Sylis.
4. Do you have a spouse or significant other? If not, describe an ideal lover. I do not have either, however if I were to have such a relationship it would have to be lasting and built off of mutual trust and respect.
5. Do you trust anyone to protect you? Who, and why? No one still living. At the moment anyway

Group Situations :
1. Do you tend to argue with people, or avoid conflict? I will do everything I can to avoid conflict of any kind, as they rarely solve anything.
2. Do you tend to take on leadership roles in social situations? I would fancy myself as more of a peacekeeper and advisor.
3. Do you like interacting with large groups of people? Why or why not? I am not averse to it, however it can be very overwhelming.
4. Do you care what others think of you? I care to a healthy degree.
5. What do you think of others, in general?Depends on who they are.

Self Image :
1. What is your greatest strength as a person? My drive to succeed.
2. What is your greatest weakness? My poor knowledge of the civilized world.
3. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be? To have a better understanding of civilized life.
4. Are you generally introverted or extroverted? Introverted.
5. Are you generally organized or messy? I have to be organized, losing something in the wilds can be very bad.

Beliefs :
1. What God or Goddess do you find most appealing, if any? I favor Zulrav, but not to the point of worship.
2. Which God or Goddess do you fear, if any? I hate, but not fear, Rhysol and those who willingly commit misdeeds in his name.
3. Do you have any Gnosis Marks? If so, how did you receive them? No person in my family has ever had a gnosis mark. It is seen as an obstruction on the path to gain understanding of the elements and to obtain harmony with the natural world.
4. What lengths would you go to to please your deity? Within reason.
5. Where do you draw the line at pleasing your deity? What is too much? Murdering innocents or sacrificing my freedom to serve them.

Life & Death :
1. What do you absolutely live for? Furthering my family's study of reimancy and mastering the forms developed by my ancestors.
2. What is the best part of life? Living long and attaining everything you want and more.
3. What is the best part of death? Leaving a legacy that will live on forever.
4. If you could choose, how would you want to die? Peacefully at old age.
5. What is the one thing for which you would most like to be remembered after your death? I would like to be remembered for being the equal of Amon Sylis.
By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experiance, which is bitterest.

~Confucius
Erik
Player

Words: 14487
Joined roleplay: March 22nd, 2013, 12:34 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets