Flashback A memory of ashes

Is it courage or foolishness to attempt the impossible?

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Encompassing a vast wilderness filled with flora and fauna of immense proportions, the Northern Reaches include all the Talderian Forest north of the Suvan and stretch into the vast permanent tundra and ice fields outside Avanthal.

A memory of ashes

Postby Licearsvansan on March 22nd, 2013, 6:44 am

......... My journey is my destination.

Its hardly a novel concept. The idea that we fail so that we may learn from our experiences. It is something that has been repeated further back than anyone really cares to know. The line has been said in many ways, in many different era, and many different situations. Despite this, the core of it has almost always remained the same.
We fail for no other reason than to grow.

It is a simple concept.

But not one with which I fully agree.

Life is rarely so simple. It is a mix of emotions and feelings swirling, twirling, and twisting in ways that we can hardly grasp. Interlocking webs wind their way through people's hearts from one end of the globe to another in ways so complicated and grand that even the greatest minds can only guess what meaning it all has. And so it is my belief that to narrow one's sight so finely that only a single purpose can be found in something so broad is foolishness at the highest level. We do not always fall so that we can rise even stronger. No, sometimes failure is not designed to teach us how we can grow stronger.

Sometimes failure exists to reveal the just how strong we already are.

To hide his dhani nature from anyone, Svan has taken measures to hide his lisp. As such, he will not have any extra "ssss" on his words unless indicated otherwise.
Licearsvansan
Reforming Dhani

Words: 361391
Joined roleplay: December 6th, 2012, 1:56 am
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes