Bendi Task-- The Aeries [Open]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The westernmost tip of Kalea, Wind Reach is home to an amazing group of people and their giant eagle mounts. [Lore]

Postby Kietis on June 19th, 2010, 10:08 pm

5th Day of Summer, 510 A.V.

Don't drop it, don't drop it, don't drop it...

Her heart pounding so hard she thought it would pop out of her chest and wander off, Kietis walked slowly down the stuffy hallway, holding a huge sack of-- well, she didn't know what it was, but it was half her size and felt three times as heavy. She must have been walking for days... maybe even years. She could be fully grown now, for all she knew.

She grunted as the sack began to slide out of her grip, and she leaned it against a wall, letting it slowly slide down so that it rested on the stone floor. She followed its example, glad to give herself a small rest, and glanced at her shoes.

No. She was the same age. If she was older, she most definitely would have changed her shoes by now.

Kietis squirmed and pulled her knees to her chest, taking shelter beside the bulky bag. She giggled at her cleverness. Now, if anyone should come and walk this way, all they would see was a sack of... of something, and they would be on their merry way. She sighed, leaning her head against the bag. Whatever it was, it squished a bit and cushioned her head. Now, she would just relax her eyes for a minute.

Of course, no one would think of coming the other way, she thought just before the thmp, thmp of someone's footsteps came down the hall.
Kietis
Player

Words: 11479
Joined roleplay: June 13th, 2010, 12:38 am
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet

Postby Cyrill on June 20th, 2010, 1:12 am

Cyrill walked brusquely through the hallway, a light, glass vase cradled in the crook of her left arm. She was heading for the glass workshops, but had taken a detour through the aeries to look at the eagles…again. Lately, she’s felt so drawn to the eagles, it was all she could not to spend the majority of her days hanging around them. But her work still came first and as she walked, she admonished herself for forgetting about the vase in her hand.

They were probably looking for her in the Glass Reverie by now. It wasn’t her habit to skip out on work until only recently and her colleagues had not yet gotten used to the fact. Not to say that the other glassblowers were always diligent workers. She had watched a young glassblower slip out of the room many a time to see a sweetheart or grab a drink with friends. She had always mentally chastised them, but now the tables have turned… They probably won’t mind too much. They might even decide that she’s actually human; she was sure that a few of them had bets staked on that.

Cyrill’s gaze fell on a large, misshapen sack leaning against a wall. She slowed in spite of herself, wondering whether she should figure out the bag’s purpose for being here or continue on her marry way. As always, her natural sense of curiosity overcame her.

Did the bag just move? Cyrill cocked her head to the side, a small smile playing across her lips. “Is anyone there?” she asked, reaching out with her hand to pull at a corner of the bag. She was fully prepared to feel very stupid for talking to an inanimate object...
Will be away with no internet until Tuesday.
Cyrill
Artist of Glass

Words: 35316
Joined roleplay: June 11th, 2010, 11:09 pm
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Peer Reviewer (1)

Postby Kietis on June 20th, 2010, 2:06 am

...when a small head popped up from behind it.

Kietis gasped.

"I'm so sorry! Did I-- oh!" Her eyes snapped to the vase in the older Inarta's hands. She laughed without thinking and planted her hands on top of the sack and pushed, standing on her tiptoes to better see the glasswork. She'd never seen anything completed before, not like this. She had always been shooed from the Reverie when she inadvertently harmed herself or (as usual) one of the other children.

Her eyes snapped from the vase to the other's face, and back again. "You're an... an arti..." She frowned when the word wouldn't come to her, before brightening her features once more as she remembered. "An artisenan! You're an artisenan, aren't you?" She leaned forward, grinning giddily at the vase. "Did you make this? Oh, you did, you did make it." She paused and looked up, meeting the other's hazel eyes with her own. "Did you make it?"
Kietis
Player

Character sheet

Postby Cyrill on June 20th, 2010, 2:21 am

Cyrill’s eyebrows jumped up in surprise as a little girl emerged from behind the sack. Well, at least she now had proof that she wasn’t hallucinating earlier…

“Yes, I’m an artisan,” she said, amused at the little girl’s apparent excitement. She hadn’t seen anyone so excited about a vase since…well, since herself, actually.

“And yes, I did make it,” she added, feeling a little twinge of pride. She glanced down at the vase in her hands, looking at it from an outsider’s perspective for the first time. For a while after having completed it, she could only see it as a vague shape encircled with dancing flame in the furnace – not as a finished work. Now that she really looked at it, she could see all the little imperfections that bothered her to no end. As a whole, it was a rather pleasant-looking thing – aquamarine in color, with a long, thin neck and a rounded base. But she should have put ia little more work in at the left side…

Cyrill’s gaze snapped back to the girl in front of her. Not the time to get distracted. She wasn’t sure what the girl was doing here – probably one of those bendi assignments – but she was pretty sure, she wasn’t supposed to be lounging behind a sack.

“And what are you doing hiding behind a bag, little one?” she asked.
Cyrill
Artist of Glass

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Peer Reviewer (1)

Postby Kietis on June 20th, 2010, 2:35 am

"Oh, I was bringing this..."Kietis glanced down, confused, then back up. "I'm not sure what it is, but I was bringing it to the Aeries, Miss Artinsan. Then these boys started chasing me, and were calling me names, and so I was hiding behind this sack until they went away." She paused. "I thought you might be one of them, too, until I heard you. None of the girls are mean to me." She had never told a story to an Artinsan before, but it felt just as natural as it did telling the stories to the young children.

She looked at the vase again and started smiling. She could barely keep her hand from reaching out and touching it. "How did you do that?" Kietis giggled. "It looks like water. Did you make those, too?" She questioned, pointing at the shining glass beads hanging from her curly hair.

"Were you going to see the Eagles? I was. Until those boys came, I mean." Kietis laughed. "How long have you been an Artinsan?"
Kietis
Player

Character sheet

Postby Cyrill on June 20th, 2010, 2:47 am

“Really? And where are the boys now? I didn’t see them on my way through here,” Eris said, lifting an eyebrow.

She decided it would be best to answer the questions in the order they were asked. She could’ve ignored the child, of course. It would’ve certainly been much easier, but Cyrill had always hated adults who refused to answer her questions when she was little. She wasn’t about to become one of them.

“Well, the process is a rather complicated one and I doubt you’d really want to stand here and listen to me explain it until nightfall. But, yes I made most of the beads as well, except for a few, which were gifts from friends,” she said, brushing a stray curl out of her face.

“I’ve already seen the eagles, actually.” Spent a while looking at them, instead of doing your job – her conscience piped up.

“I was officially apprenticed when I was fifteen and I finished my training when I was eighteen. One more year working on my own…So, four years in total,” she added, wondering if the girl could do simple math yet.
Cyrill
Artist of Glass

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Peer Reviewer (1)

Postby Kietis on June 20th, 2010, 3:05 am

"Oh..." Kietis looked down at the floor and shuffled her feet. "I guess that you have to go now, don't you?" She toyed with the hem of her bryda, thinking.

The Aeries were a ways off still, but maybe... She snapped her head up, trying her very best to appear hopeful.

"There are other Artinsans with you, aren't there? Yes, I think so." Getting caught up in the fake excitement, she tried to keep a smile from creeping across her lips. "And you all have been paired with an Eagle, haven't you? I could bring this!" She slammed a hand down on the sack, and it gave a weary squish before her hand sunk deeper into the... whatever it was.

"Attia sent me to go find Eagles and give them this. Attia's the lady that told me so. She did, but it was early, and she told me to go find Eagles. And so I thought there would be Eagles in the Aeries, but I don't really know where the Aeries are and I could help with your Eagles and that would be fun, wouldn't it?"

She reached out and tugged on the other's bryda, making sure to look up and keep smiling.
Last edited by Kietis on June 20th, 2010, 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kietis
Player

Character sheet

Postby Cyrill on June 20th, 2010, 3:22 am

“Darling, first of all, artisans don’t work with eagles. We work with glass and wood and archery and food and all manners of useful things. It’s the Endals who are paired with the eagles and I am not an Endal.” Yet.-her conscience added helpfully.

Was it really possible that the girl didn’t know this? And would this Attia send a child off to deliver something if the girl didn’t even know where to deliver it to? It had been a long time since her last bendi assignment and the details have already started to fade in Cyrill’s mind…

Cyrill did have to go, but seeing that little girl tugging on her pant leg and looking up at her with those giant, green eyes… “But tell you what – I can show you where the aeries are, if you like.”

“Unless, you’re afraid those boys will come chasing after you again,” she added, a mischievous glint in her eye.
Cyrill
Artist of Glass

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Peer Reviewer (1)

Postby Kietis on June 20th, 2010, 3:38 am

Kietis gasped and hugged the older girl's leg. "No, no, thank you so much!" She leaned back and beamed up at the other. "Those boys wouldn't dare bother me with someone as old as you with us! You'd tell Attia what they were doing!"

Suddenly filled with a sort of excited energy, Kietis grabbed the sack near the bottom and hauled it up until she had to peer around the side of it just to see the Artinsan. She giggled.

"Kettin isn't brave enough to do anything around grown-ups. We could scare him right away!" She shifted the sack so that she could better hold it up. "Miss Artinsan, I'm sure you'll find an Eagle soon. Oh," She frowned. "Miss Artinsan? How did you be an Artinsan? Attia told me we couldn't be Artinsans at all." Attia wouldn't lie to her. Surely not. Attia never lied. Not to Lettik and the other new people, anyways...

[ooc: last post of the night]
Last edited by Kietis on June 20th, 2010, 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kietis
Player

Character sheet

Postby Cyrill on June 20th, 2010, 5:14 pm

“Right then,” Eris murmured as she turned about on her heel and started walking toward the aeries, making sure to keep a slow pace.

“Call me Cyrill,” she added as an afterthought. “And what’s your name, kid?”

“Well, of course, you can become an artisan – especially if you’ve got a talent for one particular skill,” she answered, a puzzled frown creasing her brow. She couldn’t remember the adults in the youth section being so unsupportive when she was there. As a matter of fact, the lady who was in charge of them was quiet eager to assure them that they could be anything they wanted to be. That didn’t work out so well for most of them, of course. In fact, the future Deks and Commoners of her group had ended up being rather bitter toward the old lady afterward. But Cyrill was rather thankful for all the motivational speeches... “What does Attia expect you to become, then?”

((This might just be my glitchy computer, but I notice that the thread is looking...well kinda glitchy. If you have the same problem, try tinkering with the code in your posts a bit. Make sure that if you used framepic and frametrans, they are in the correct order: {/frametrans} {/framepic}, not the other way around. :) }}
Cyrill
Artist of Glass

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Peer Reviewer (1)

Next