[Pavi Lake] Traits of the wounded (Akiva Korvashi and Keorv

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Stretching northward along the coastline of the Suvan Sea, the Cobalt Mountains are the home of the Bronze Wood, numerous ruins, and creatures both strange and fantastical.

Postby John Vicari on June 19th, 2010, 11:26 pm

Let me tell you a tale...

2nd day of Summer 510 av

A soft sigh left John's lips as he let his eyes glance at the new weapon in his right hand. What laid in his hand was a simple dagger that was in a small case hiding what the blade itself looked like. The dagger was not a normal dagger but that was a price John paid for to get it. IT was a assassin's dagger and while it may be looked down on in a city full of knights to own one it was not breaking any law that he knew of.

What was the points of difference between a normal dagger and assassins one may ask him? It was a bit more simple then what it did sound like if he told anyone. A normal dagger was a small knife like weapon that was meant for stabbing and slashing. However the assassin's dagger was a bit different. The sides of the dagger had small gaps in the metal being more detailed crafted yet it was meant to inflict gaping wounds that were more difficult to heal and patch up so while one may live after a slash on a normal dagger they would find themselves in a more harder situation from the same wound.

Why did John have a new weapon? It was another simple thing in life. He was fed up with his old life style for everything he knew was falling apart. HIs grandmother was moving on in age and few knew how long she had left. His twin sister was about to move out of the city to gods know where and his parents were fighting back and forth due to the added stress. He just needed to enjoy life even if that meant a bit more risk in life as he knew slavers were around and crime about but that did not mean he was in the mood to join the knights.

The day was a warm summer day in Syliras and he had the day off. He was not even sure where his pet was but he was not even sure she was around anymore as another sigh left his lips as he walked around the town. Slowly leaving the city without even knowing it with the dagger in his belt.

The guards did not question him much for it was a common thing for him to roam out and in of the city for herbs for his job even if his job was to help at a bookstore it was far from just a simple bookstore.

It did not take him long before he found himself at Pavi Lake which was a lake he use to go to often when he was a kid. It was more peaceful then anything but a lot did enjoy coming to talk of old tales and odder things but for now he was alone it would seem as he took a seat watching the surface of the waters. While he looked like he would be harmless with a simple dagger however he was far more of a danger then just a simple late teenager due to his powers with hypnotism which he was more then skilled to handle himself with if things were good for the power.

Do come again for another tale...
John Vicari
Player

Words: 107575
Joined roleplay: April 20th, 2010, 8:19 pm
Blog: View Blog (10)
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Peer Reviewer (1)

Postby Akiva Korvashi on June 20th, 2010, 12:07 am

After staying too late at the tavern last night before getting an apartment and not having gone to the bazarr or fishing, Keorvic and herself had decided to postpone the events until today, venturing out to Pavi Lake for the fishing. They'd get around to going to the Bazarr to search for shiny things, and possibly to restock her supplies for the upcoming adventures, until some other day. She had told Keorvic that she would meet him out here, as he seemed to have no intention of getting up when she had tried to rouse him earlier this morning.

Akiva travelled with her usual stuff, only today she wore her boots and tan leather breeches instead of her generally preferred attire. She was feeling very active today. She had her backpack slung over her right shoulder, and her two daggers at her belt in case of attackers. Her boots carried knives in them as well, providing for backup weapons in case she lost her daggers.

She had left Kipps at the apartment, she figured he would just get bored out here all day...or she wanted most of the fish. She was slightly sore today, which was why she wasn't moving at her usual pace. Also slowing her down were the various kinds of flowers that she hadn't seen in a long time along the way. She stopped to smell them each time she encountered a new one.

Soon enough she could see the waters of Pavi Lake glimmering on the horizon.
"So I've made it," she said with a sigh. It wasn't that long of a walk, but she wasn't usually at her best in the morning, though she was sure that by the time Keorvic got here, whenever that may be, she would be more than ready to start hunting field mice and the like.

There were various people scattered around the lake, but not too many. The closest one too her looked younger than she, but being as he appeared human, she knew he was probably at least 8 or 9 times older than she was. He was a bit on the small side, probably because of his young age. Either way, he didn't look to be much. She was sure she could take him in a fight if he were to try anything.

She set her pack down and pulled her wooden flute from it, beginning a song she had been working on for the past week or so.
Akiva Korvashi
Hunter in the flesh

Words: 89178
Joined roleplay: June 15th, 2010, 10:14 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Keorvic on June 20th, 2010, 1:07 am

Yawning and walking slowly to stretch out sore muscles, Keorvic walked down the road the guards had indicated. "nothing like some nice relaxing fishing after a long and interesting night." he thought to himself, smiling as his thoughts turned to the exuberant and entertaining last night. wincing at some of the memories, he decided to play a little ditty as he walked. taking out his penny whistle and tossing it up in the air a few times while he decided what to play.

Deciding on a new tune he had picked up from one of the bards he heard in town the day before, he began trying to pick out what he remembered of the melody by ear. So engrossed was he that the several miles seem to pass by his feet with little or no effort at all.

Upon reaching the lake, Keorvic unslung he pack and stowed the small instrument away. studying the water, he saw several promising fishing spots, several of which, we already occupied. As he looked around, he spotted his companion, Akiva, and promptly decided on the fishing spot closest to her. He untied his pole, took out some bait he had bought the day before, and made ready to cast it. he then took out a short length of pipe, and stomped it a few inches into the soft earth. satisfied with his work, he cast his line, and set his fishing pole in the pipe.

As he walked over to where Akiva was sitting, he noticed her eyes settling on a young man nearby with a thoughtful look on his face. hoping he hadn't lost her interest so soon after such a promising encounter, he hurried over to keep her company and attract her attention once more.
Keorvic
Ask me about my scar

Words: 64206
Joined roleplay: June 17th, 2010, 3:48 am
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet

Postby John Vicari on June 20th, 2010, 2:11 am

It was a odd feeling that humans had or it could had been any race in the world when they got the feeling of they were being looked at from afar. At first John paid it no mind or at least that is what he told himself until he saw it was not going to stop as he slowly stood up from the ground.

Groups of people were around yet far enough to really pose any problems but as he turn around with his light blue eyes peering past his blonde hair that moved in the wind. He took a step forward showing a small limp in his right side but no sign of pain along his face as he saw what looked like a young female and a older male maybe a year or so older then he was however the male stood out the most with his hard blue eyes that were brighter in a sense then any shade of color he saw even from the feet they were at he could make them out in the clear day light.

The female on the other hand looked more like a child in terms of frame size but that did not make John feel any better for some reason. He felt like he was being targeted for some reason he could not place but he was not moving for it was in his right to stand his ground even if that meant fighting but he was not a fighter person.

His dagger still in sight for anyone to see yet his hands were along his sides moving towards his chest being folded. "Can I help you two with anything?" His voice leaving his red lips letting it be loud for them to hear but not to the point of yelling as his mind slowly took in the steps of how far they were and what they had on in case they were looking for a fight or a simple mugging.
John Vicari
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Peer Reviewer (1)

Postby Akiva Korvashi on June 20th, 2010, 3:12 am

Keoric hurried over to her from setting up his fishing spot, making her look back from the man she had been analyzing. Akiva laughed at the silly behaviour of this fully grown man. "Oh don't be jealous, I was just looking at his dagger" she said sternly. She looked back to the man, he had moved and was closer to them now, his dagger still out. He addressed them, asking if he could help them with anything. Well that's nice, random strangers coming to see if a couple of other random strangers are in trouble. I don't seee nice people like that usually, she thought to herself, obviously misunderstanding the tone of his question.

"Oh no, we're just fine, thank you for asking," she said politely. She motioned to his dagger. "Can you use that?" She asked casually, pulling one of hers out to show him as well.
Akiva Korvashi
Hunter in the flesh

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby John Vicari on June 23rd, 2010, 7:33 am

It was the female that spoke first to him and not the male that he had his gold upon. His eyes slowly took in the details of the soft spoken female. A white shirt that showed parts of her stomach, a pair of tan breeches with a pair of dark shaded boots. Her blue cat like eyes stood out the most along her short layered brown hair that was a bit messy but it somehow fitted her. From the eyes he knew she was a cat like Kelvic but other then that he knew nothing else for even his history of them were small.

Her daggers looked a bit nicer then his single dagger however the fact she had more then one showed him that she had more training then he did even if his was made to do more damage he was still willing to bet she had one somewhere on or off her if she was the type to use the weapon often.

He slowly made his way towards them so he would not be yelling or talking loud in any way. The right side showing more of his limp yet he did not even take note of it as he stopped just a foot away making it look like a small friendly group to the naked eye from afar even if he was a bit on edge inside.

"Not really however I have been meaning to learn how to since I got it. Change of life style I guess is what I need." He said as he kept his own eyes upon the figures not sure what to say or do however maybe he would not have to figure anything out.
John Vicari
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Peer Reviewer (1)

Postby Akiva Korvashi on June 23rd, 2010, 2:56 pm

((OOC: Both of her daggers are assassins daggers as well. Just thought I'd let you know.))

She looked down to her dagger. Jerak had died before he had ever gotten the chance to teach her much. She was sad about this, and desperately wanted to be as good as he had been. He had more or less been a master in the art, as well as some others, but being she was only two years old...she really didn't have much training. "I've a little training with these, not too much. We could practice together if you'd like? Well, not on each other, but maybe a dummy or something? This is really all I know how to fight with, and not very well. I've been meaning to learn other tecniques...unarmed combat has caught my eye lately. I don't suppose you know anything about that? We could trade tips if you do." She looked over the man again. With his limp he probably wouldn't be much in a fight, but she couldn't be certain about that. Oh well, she would give him a chance anyway, she wasn't very good either.
Akiva Korvashi
Hunter in the flesh

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Keorvic on June 23rd, 2010, 7:11 pm

Keorvic relaxed at the girl's words. of course he didn't need to be jealous. but still, as this young man approached with his knife out, he began to feel a little uncomfortable. he didn't know anything about edged weapons, and tended to get nervous when people started waving them around. he was especially worried when he realized that neither Akiva nor this newcomer was not very skilled in the use of knives, and knew the danger of two novices trying to teach eachother. "It's just as well I've learned to carry bandages in my pack after catching myself with the hook enough times. hopefully this won't turn into anything dangerous." he thought to himself, looking around for a suitable target for the other two to practice upon.

when Akiva mentioned unarmed combat, however, he brightened up considerable. "I happen to know a thing or two about hitting people when you don't want to get hit back." He said, referring to his skill in brawling. the two things, while quite different, were similar enough that he felt he might be able to impart some knowledge while trying out a few tactics himself to improve his abilities when he found himself in a thick brawl. "I think if we want to try some sparring, we might start out with our fists, as we are much less likely to injure each other." he said to Akiva.
Last edited by Keorvic on June 24th, 2010, 12:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Keorvic
Ask me about my scar

Words: 64206
Joined roleplay: June 17th, 2010, 3:48 am
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet

Postby John Vicari on June 23rd, 2010, 11:55 pm

Let me tell you a tale...

He was not sure how to act that two people were looking for a fight. He did not know how to fight hand to hand but he knew anyone could learn it by trying but for the daggers that could cause death if they did not use dull blades or at least dummies.

"We can head to the city real quick...We can by practice weapons that would just be a single gold miza each or just a few silver if we go with wood but I prefer metal cores due to the fact it will get the bodies use to them."

"As for fighting hand to hand...Sure I am up for that I guess yet for all of this let's hand to a area away from people. The guards are not the best people to make mad when it comes to fighting."

"I am John by the way..." He said giving his name at last or at least part of his name as he waited for one of them to figure something out of his choices.

He kept his eyes along their eyes just for the sheer fact he would be able to use his own magic if they did try anything even if his voice could work alone but that was only if they were alone and he had time to waste. But so far it did seem they did not want to attack him out right.

Do come again for another tale...
John Vicari
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Peer Reviewer (1)

Postby Akiva Korvashi on June 24th, 2010, 3:07 pm

He appeared to be cautious, though she wasn't sure why. "My name's Akiva. We could go to the city, practice weapons would be nice. And I would love to learn unarmed if you could teach me Keorvic, I didn't know you knew anything about that." She looked down at her notched assassin's dagger. She hoped she never had to fight that off, a wound like that would surely leave her dead, or close to it at least. She looked back to Keorvic, "What do you think?" she asked the man, not planning to go anywhere with their new acquaintance without him.
Akiva Korvashi
Hunter in the flesh

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Next