Getting started

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, users can ask questions of one another to work through issues. New players are encouraged to ask their questions here before they turn to the Help Desk or a storyteller.

Moderators: Liaisons, Assistant Storytellers, Regional Storytellers, Domain Storytellers

Getting started

Postby Rhea on April 8th, 2013, 12:22 am

How do you get a character started. I'm new to this site and don't understand. I think I see how to make a character but that is about as far as I have succeeded. Could you some help here.
Rhea
Player

Words: 5766
Joined roleplay: February 6th, 2013, 8:29 am
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet

Getting started

Postby Ronan Dugal on April 8th, 2013, 6:43 am

Well, to start off on Mizahar you create a character sheet first. There are plenty of resources around to create this sheet, including completely ready made character sheets (called templates) for every city in Mizahar. You can find all sorts of extra information on this in the character sheet section of the forum.

Once your character sheet is finished you post it in the character sheet review 3.0 thread. Once you have done that you're ready to start writing. If there is anything wrong with your character sheet, you will be contacted by one of the Storytellers. If this happens, you're not allowed to write anything IC( In Character) anymore until your character sheet has been fixed.

To start your character of IC, you simply post in the correct section of the forum. For example, my character started in Avanthal so I went to the Avanthal part of the forum, posted in the character registry for this season, posted in the Gates thread where all arriving characters have to post first and then I went and started my character by creating a new thread about my arrival and meeting new people. Depending on where you start you will see similar threads where you need to post first before being allowed to start writing in a certain city.

All of this information and more can be found in the starting guide in the Lore section of the site. If you have any more questions, don't hesitate to post them here or PM me and I will answer them as best as I can.
"Focused? That's always the word you eccentric types love to use." ~ Miria

Ronan Dugal
Aspiring Merchant Prince.

Words: 288665
Joined roleplay: March 17th, 2013, 5:01 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Getting started

Postby Rhea on April 20th, 2013, 12:55 pm

I submitted a CS, but days later now no reply. I guess that I submitted it incorrectly. I think that I sent it directly to the person in charge of the review's mail. I'm not really sure but I haven't received any response.
Rhea
Player

Character sheet

Getting started

Postby Ronan Dugal on April 20th, 2013, 1:43 pm

If there is nothing wrong with your CS, then nobody will respond to it. The less response you get to your CS the better, since it means nothing is wrong with it. As soon as your CS is finished and you have linked it in the character review thread you can start writing.
"Focused? That's always the word you eccentric types love to use." ~ Miria

Ronan Dugal
Aspiring Merchant Prince.

Words: 288665
Joined roleplay: March 17th, 2013, 5:01 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Getting started

Postby Rhea on June 5th, 2013, 4:25 am

Thanks. Working with Banshee now to get the CS done.
Rhea
Player

Character sheet