Greetings and Salutations

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Drop on by, introduce yourself, and let us know how you found us. In addition, don't be afraid to tell us what you'd like to get out of your Mizahar experience. Check out the stickies for more information.

Postby Nightbird on April 16th, 2013, 7:53 pm

Never one to rest on my laurels, I'm posting my greeting with only a few hours of reviewing this board. Hi everyone! Although I'm not new to role playing by post, it has been a while since I have. I would appreciate help, lots of help, and then a little more help! ^.^

1. Name - or what you'd like to be called!
Cindy is fine. I do not like to be confused with my characters because it tends to get confusing to everyone - especially the weirdos.

2. What sort of RP experience do you have if any?
10+ years, but I have been in hiatus for a couple of years. My wheels need a bit of greasing but its like riding a bike, right?

3. How did you find us?
Searched through Bing for top RP sites and this one is quite impressive. (me likey)

4. What sort of RP style is your favorite?
I adore when writers just click and their characters (although not purposely) seem to meld beautifully. Happy Accidents! In my experience this can happen with the best of writers and those that could use more experience but have that "jenesequa" that you want to encourage and help grow. It doesn't matter the genre, its the story that counts!

5. What do you like to write about - not write about?
The genre, again, does not matter, its the story and the storytellers. I love situational drama, action with humor. I desipise 'woe is me' type of stories or structured-planned romantic "i love you" - "no, i love you more" type of stories. Sorry to those that like that! Although I don't like stories that center around that, I do love to throw romantic splashes here and there. However, I do so if the situations calls for it. Like me, my characters tend to fall in love at first sight.

Yep, I'm a never ending love type and so are my characters; but don't you dare call me sappy. (Only those that really know me can..:D)

6. Whats your favorite thing about Mizahar so far?
Honestly? The activity, followed by the quality of the story base and the writers. I've been reading and I am impressed with the writers. I've always been attracted to the writers who, regardless of the story base, are what make any board sparkle.

7. What, if anything, has frustrated you about Mizahar so far?
Nothing, really. I'm still finding my way around.

8. What would you like out of the mizahar experience?
A release of my penned up writing energy. Give me a good story my fellow writers, please!!

9. Is there anything you'd like to see expanded?
I can't really say at this moment.

10. Anything else you want to talk about?
Yes, I do. Ahem.

I read up on the races and have chosen the Vantha. I find the detail on this race facinating and engrossing. I've already chosen an avatar 'face' for my character and it will be male. He'll be in his 30's, a Frostfawn and Nightbird will be his surname though I have yet to come up with a proper first name.

That is the summary of my character. I always play males being that my females are never quite successful. (My grandfather always said I thought like a man. heehee) Please, give me input, either on this thread on through PM. I was born ready to write, so I hope I can get started on something soon!

Thank you!
Last edited by Nightbird on April 16th, 2013, 8:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Nightbird
Shivering Icycles Its Cold!

Words: 1515
Joined roleplay: April 16th, 2013, 6:56 pm
Race: Human, Vantha

Postby Leda on April 16th, 2013, 7:55 pm

Greeting and Salutations (you're the only other person I've found who likes to start like that!) and welcome to Mizahar! It's hard at first but great fun. :)

BTW, if you're in Syliras, or ever passing by Syliras, pm me and we can thread.
Leda
What is Passion without Psychosis?

Words: 80531
Joined roleplay: October 15th, 2012, 5:01 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Nightbird on April 16th, 2013, 8:36 pm

Hi, Leda! Thank you for the welcome. Hopefully we are birds of a feather then! I won't forget that you were the first one to speak to me..;)

I remembered how to upload an avatar, yeah me! See a little WD-40 and the gears in my head are starting to turn. :D
Nightbird
Shivering Icycles Its Cold!

Words: 1515
Joined roleplay: April 16th, 2013, 6:56 pm
Race: Human, Vantha

Postby Ciera Skye on April 19th, 2013, 9:41 am

hello cindy! i'm rixusaku (though you can call me rixu if you like), and welcome to mizahar! i'm starting out here too, so if you're ever in the area, pm me and we can start a thread :3

btw i like your avatar
-----------------------------

"Common" | Action | "Thoughts"
Ciera Skye
I want to see the world.

Words: 14936
Joined roleplay: April 13th, 2013, 9:08 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Magpie on April 19th, 2013, 8:58 pm

Welcome, welcome! Lovely avatar, though be sure to remember when filling out your character sheet to include those amazing Vantha eyes. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to message me or the STs of whatever city you end up in. We're all happy to help!
Office ~ Riverfall ~ Starting Guide ~ Q & A Forum
Moderated Threads: Full up right now, sorry!
Magpie
A-flutter

Words: 324445
Joined roleplay: January 28th, 2013, 4:49 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)

Postby Capricious on April 20th, 2013, 3:01 pm

Hi there!

Welcome to Mizahar! I hope you're getting settled in and, if there are any questions/issues/concerns, feel free to PM (Private message) myself or another storyteller. It's good to see another Vantha around!

-Capri

Capricious
Assistant Storyteller of The Spires

Words: 171332
Joined roleplay: September 25th, 2012, 11:14 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Medals: 1
Trailblazer (1)