Quarterdeck Log of the Sea's Maiden [Duskshroud]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Feel free to start IC Journaling in this forum. Each character is allowed threads here where they can store notes they learn IC, facts, or even talk about their feelings and inner thoughts. Journals don't need to be in written form, they be anything you as a player thinks suits the personality of the Characte.r

Postby Duskshroud on August 14th, 2009, 5:35 pm

12th Spring, 509 -
The words of Captain Marcet Albrag as recorded by First Mate Thod Hiclin

The sail was full and the course was steady. We'll be upon the Isle soon, 'o I dare nay speak it's name upon the waters. Ill omens follow men who deal too much with the Dead and me crew knows of what I speak.

Where the coin that sent us here but a stone less, I'd not have lifted a rope, let alone followed the course set. I can thank the Lord of the Deeps 'at I 'ave made it this far, and I pray he be willin' we pass on through. All goin' well enough, is'll be my last departure aboard 'is whore of a fat belly sow.

Laviku willin' I'll be tacking a west-favorin' sloop soon enough an' my days o' sailing for coin will be a memory not soon enough departed.

As always, in 'vent o' my untimely demise, Thod has me helm, keel, and crew.

Captain Albrag
Last edited by Duskshroud on August 14th, 2009, 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Duskshroud
Player

Words: 4404
Joined roleplay: August 11th, 2009, 12:31 pm
Race: Ghost
Character sheet

Postby Duskshroud on August 14th, 2009, 5:35 pm

17th Spring, 509

Port Silence be off in the distance an' I ne'er say I enjoy a sight o' it. The Folk on 'at shore are a righ' queer bunch o' no goods and nerry a good deed 'tween, ya ask me.

Crew seen it clear, t'day, Fins in 'er Crow's Nest 'bout fell to the deck when caugh' da sigh' o' it. 'Eres a stir among da crew now, mor' 'en ever I seen so far. Spose I shoulda told 'em where-bouts we were headin', but had I done as 'at, they'd have ahd me doublin' 'er wages, right off.

I don' think 'ere'll be a mutiny, but 'da hands are right spittin' fury and ill-will, 'ats fer sure. Tory fell o'erboard an' he sank faster 'en a bag full o' stones in 'is harbor. Was a righ' sharp swimmer, swam like a' fish's uncle. 'At spooked da crew for sure, an' I can nay get a one of em' near da' side now. 'Is is gonna get worse afore it get's any better, 'ats for sure.

What's worse, with all the crew goin' three-sheets o'er this damned port, I got Second-Mate Artur Verat slitherin' 'bout stokin' 'at fire righ' hot too. Fancy he may 'ave an eye for my command. He may swing yet on 'is trip. Fer 'as smart 'as he 'inks he is, an' he sure 'has a inklin' ta think so, he's a fool ta think any mutiny won' find 'im deader 'en yesterday's catch faster then he'd cut his cutlass loose. Been thinkin' a lot on havin' him hang - ain't cared for 'im since I brought 'im on from Syliras.

Fool's and their lives are quickly parted, so the saying goes. And Second is playin' fool, now. 'Sides, 'Ey always said books got no place in a sailor's hand - truer words nay been spoken in my years on the waters. Captain's got a log, Firsts learn the readin' an writin' if 'e'er gonna take helm, an' da rest handle lines. No time for fool readin' on 'is ship for no dockhand.

But enough o' this. We got a small boat 'proachin' on the dusk an' I reason ta have my cargo off and my coin in hand by midday.

I dare not say more now, Laviku bless us all.
Last edited by Duskshroud on August 14th, 2009, 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Duskshroud
Player

Character sheet

Postby Duskshroud on August 14th, 2009, 5:50 pm

The longboats nay be arrving fer cargo 'till tonight, er so that contraption has told us. Me crew ain't been right since we dropped anchor and theirs murder in ey're eyes right 'bout now. Second has 'em bloodthirsty and gold-crazy, First has said he's heard the mates saying they'll be demanding a coin fer every night we sit on 'is harbor startin' two nights back.

Morsen and Gorn missing. Can nay find their bodies, beginnin' ta think 'at someone on-board is off-in' me mates tryin' ta stirr mutiny. Me First agrees. We can nay wait no longer.'At fool's behind this mess, an' Artur has rocks in 'is head if he has inklin's I ain't known what-for he's about. An' only I 'tend to turn an' meet me devil's 'afore they get to me.

Debts be settlin' at Sunset, righ' an well.

Laviku watch o'er us, fer 'eres dark clouds on the horizon.
Duskshroud
Player

Character sheet

Re: Quarterdeck Log of the Sea's Maiden [Duskshroud]

Postby Duskshroud on August 14th, 2009, 6:00 pm

19th of Spring, 509

The words of Captain Thod Hiclin,

The mutiny was true and quick. Had to dump another seven into the drink today, sad sport really, but that fool Albrag had nothing better coming to him. As for Artur, well, we needed the distraction. Plantin' one of Albrag's gold miza's in Arturs rack was perfect. Pained me deep to see him keel hauled - he was ragged mess when we drew him back up, bleeding and coughing the way that he was. But watchin' Albrag's last few loyal pullin' line for the haul gave us our open. Fool's were sinkin' fast before they even knew we'd hit them.

Kerns and Graves ran their mates well, and they're me First and Second now. Artur was in bad shape and we left him to drift with Albrag and the last of Albrag's crew. There's Eight of us now, and the spoils from Albrags cabin alone will make us a lot richer then we were when we started.

I'll never forget the look on that Albrag's face when we pitched him into the deep. Warms my heart to see a fool get his due.

We're due North to course and anxious to get moored. We have coin and aim to see something for it.

Sincerely,
Thod Hiclin
Captaion of the Sea's Maiden
Duskshroud
Player

Character sheet