Open [Bronze Woods]Nice to make your memories

Dominick is wandering the forest, will he meet unexpected people, or just more animal?

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Stretching northward along the coastline of the Suvan Sea, the Cobalt Mountains are the home of the Bronze Wood, numerous ruins, and creatures both strange and fantastical.

[Bronze Woods]Nice to make your memories

Postby Dominick on April 24th, 2013, 2:24 pm

Nice to make your memories

Spring 40th, 513AV

At the bell of midnight, Dominick lounged up on a tree branch staring to the starry sky. He enjoyed such a beautiful sight. The dark sky, the light clouds covering the moon and the stars themselves were magnificent and majestic. Dominick could imagine himself lying under the stars for the rest of his days. However, Dominick lied to himself. He grew tired of the sky many years ago. it was what took up most of his unlife.

“Such beauty in the sky never ages, but the act that they preform died fifty-five years ago.” Dominick said in a dreary tone as he stood up on his branch.

He looked up into the as he spreads is arms wide forming a ‘T’ with his body. Dominick was on a branch that was as tall as the castle was of Syliras. Dominick closed his eyes and did a leap of faith backwards. He could feel the air rushing through his body, He could hear the sound of the air screaming past his ears, and then he hit the ground with a thud. Dominick gasped as the wind was knocked out of him, but he soon after, he stood up and looked at the ground where he landed.

“If I were truly alive, I have to act that incident…” He said float off in a random direction.

Dominick was a young soul, and has been for over sixty years. This technically made him a ‘young-old’ soul. As he aged in his un-aging body, Dominick has seen many things, things that would made a pension incline their head in interest. He restlessly ventures around the Bronze forest, looking for thinks to chat to. Doesn’t matter is it was an animal, tree or even a rock – he didn’t mind.

As he ominously loomed around the area, he keeps an eye out for entertainment. That’s when he spotted a small rodent. Dominic smiled and blinked towards the mouse, lying in a prone position, looking at the small rodent with his eerie glowing eyes. The rodent was roaming around the area. Dominick assumed he was looking for food, and shot a tender drill made from his soulmist towards then creature and picked it up. Dominick looked at the furry creature as it struggled in confusion. Dominick grinned and the whites of his teeth contrasted to his body. The grin looked somewhat frightening, but not scary.

“Well now, what do we have here? A small creature on a mission or a creature that desires nothing more than to feed its belly?” he said, slowly twirling the creature around itself, examining it.

A sudden noise catches his eyes, and he dropped the mouse and blinked. Dominick blinked onto to a tree branch, lying down once again in a prone position. He wonders what caused that noise. Was it a creature of the night? Was it a person? However, it was midnight, so he doubted that a person would stroll through the woods.

“Who be there entering these parts of the wood? Are you friend or foe? Ah, what am I saying…? A person cannot be friend or foe by stating their status.” He said, giving himself a smack in the head.
Last edited by Dominick on April 26th, 2013, 3:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dominick
The Shadowy figure in the forest.

Words: 5015
Joined roleplay: April 24th, 2013, 10:26 am
Race: Ghost
Character sheet

[Bronze forrest]Nice to make your memories

Postby Berukansstel on April 25th, 2013, 12:32 pm

OOCAh, a fellow new character, nice to meet you, Dominick. May I join your thread?

Scarlet eyes darting left and right as Berukansstel walked through the Bronze Woods tonight. Hmmm... She took out a paper filled with lists of fruits and fungus that may have venomous properties, her right hand holding the paper while she carries her backpack on her back and her cold iron longsword elegantly resting in its sheath on her waist. In her sleeves, she hid her stilettos equipped on blade springs, it's both an emergency weapon and ranged weapon. Foes will seldom suspect small needle-like blades launching from a dress sleeve, she can even coat it with her own venom stored in vials if given the time to prepare. Woe to the foe stricken with the Viper Dhani venom as it can cause mortality within minutes.

Ah... I should be able to find some of the mild-region fruits... Poison was like an art to the Viper Dhani. A beautiful substance capable of many things, it's neutral in its own right, evil or good depended on how one used it.

A few moments later, Beru was standing beside a tree. This tree might have the fruit I'm looking for... however... Her climbing ability as a human was not so great, she was considering transforming into her Dhani or Viper form to climb the tree. Oh well, I guess it can't be helped... Beru thought as she started to undress when suddenly... "Who?!" Something fast and small ran past her, she immediately looked at that direction and saw a... rodent. "Oh..." Dismissing the rodent, Beru turned her attention back to undressing herself when another sound of rodent chattering disturbed her.

".........." Giving an unamused stare, Beru decided to gather more reachable materials first such as low-growing mushrooms. She continued to walk until... !? What's... that? Not far in front of her, she spotted a rodent being held in mid-air by some kind of... black tendril-like mist. "......." She went cautious as the 'mist' seemed to notice her and dropped the rodent. "Alright..." She announced herself Most likely a ghost... Her over-a-century age has given her knowledge about the various races of Mizahar. For all she knew, ghosts could be insane and attack without reason, so she should be very cautious.

*Shiiiing* The sound of her cold iron longsword being drawn from its sheath was heard, she knew she couldn't hit a ghost with it, but she would not let herself being seen as an easy prey for some hostile ghost. Inhaling, Beru kept walking forward to search for mushrooms, hoping that the phantom would leave her alone.

"common" | "snake-tongue" | thoughts
Berukansstel
Serpentine Beauty

Words: 11266
Joined roleplay: April 24th, 2013, 1:55 pm
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Dominick on April 25th, 2013, 2:51 pm

From the high branch Dominick stood on, he could see a woman with pale white hair. He watched as the white haired woman drew her blade. He watched as she advanced through the forest, turning her head as if she was looking for something. Dominick often had visitor in the forest searching for something, often for animals and plants. “Could she be searched to for an animal’s pelt? If so, she’s going about it the wrong way…” he quietly thought aloud.

He blinked, vanishing from his previous branch to one above the wander. He decided it would be best to watch what this person without much interaction, so he kept himself invisible from the living. As she continued walking, he’d kept blinking on a branch ahead of her in an attentive prone position. He could tell that see wasn’t looking for an animal, and decided to this she was after a plant. After a few chimes later, after his last blink to a branch ahead of her, he decided to reveal himself.

“My, my, my… A travel as ventured into the forest during the night…” he said in his prone position. He then blinks to a branch closer to the woman, but this time leaning his hand against the tree.
“Are you running away from home, maybe out on a secret quest…? Or…”
He blinks to a branch closer to the woman.
“Searching for something…?” he said with a mischievous tone.
His eye’s blink at the woman from the branch he perched in, flicking his glowing blue eyes.

The ghost looked at the blade and smiled. He knew that that blade wouldn’t hurt him while his body remained ethereal, not hardened by materialization. He beared his white smile towards the woman as he rubs his nose in her matters.

“That sword of yours, though as it’s as sharp as a man’s stare on his death sentence, it won’t harm me...” he said in a calm but eerie tone, before blinking beside her in the same prone position he had before.
“Do state your business, dear… What is the name that was given to you? I’m sure you weren’t born with a name tattooed on that forehead of yours”
Dominick

Character sheet

Postby Berukansstel on April 25th, 2013, 3:34 pm

Beru continued walking in silence for a few chimes before she spotted a dead tree stump with mushrooms growing on it. Ah, finally... Still holding her longsword in her right hand, she half-ran to the location and knelt beside the tree stump. After looking all around her, she couldn't spot a ghost or anything, but ghosts could turn invisible.

If it wanted to attack me... it should do it earlier... I guess it's a docile ghost after all... After deciding that it was safe, Beru put down her sword and remove her backpack, perching it against the stump when she heard a male voice, chilling and unnaturally haunting. "Who?!" Beru quickly picked up her sword and assumed a defensive position. Her scarlet reptilian eyes looked around until it locked to a... figure... A Dhani's eyesight was just as average as a normal human and from what she could see a... black humanoid figure with mists surrounding it was leaning against a tree, its glowing eyes staring at her.

"........" Beru felt afraid for if this specter was hostile, she had no way of fighting it. No matter how potent her venom is, it would not work against something she couldn't even touch. The 'thing' kept vanishing and appearing at different locations, Beru's eyes tried to keep track of it as it showered her with questions. Asking her purpose of being in the woods that night and her identity, it also told her that she couldn't possibly harm him.

"Hmph..." Sheathing her sword and silently gulping to swallow her fear, Beru kept a strong facade as she faced the ghost with unamused stare. "My business is my business same as yours... and I do not know who you are, why should I discern my identity to you? Now then, if you could just respect a lady's privacy, I have some things to do." Beru told the apparition, hoping that it viewed her as someone with courage and leave her alone.

Berukansstel
Serpentine Beauty

Character sheet
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Dominick on April 25th, 2013, 4:27 pm

The woman seemed to keep a strong look on her face, as if she thought Dominick was going to cause her harm. He found quite intriguing, yet predicable at the same time. Never the less, he was having fun. When the woman bit back at Dominick, he just grinned at her response. He gave out a haunting laughter as he vanished to reappear back up in a tree. He then slapped the sides of his ghostly head and began pulling it upwards to the sky. Suddenly it came off with a bit of effort, creating a gory flesh ripping sound.

“I see… well I am getting a ‘head’ of myself. HAHAHAHAH” He said laugh placing he head back on.
“But you see dear… I for one am not one, who calls one no-one” he said with an offbeat rhythm, slumping against a tree as he stared at the woman.
He then vanished and reappears before the woman, invading her personal space as he stares into her eyes.
“and dear, I can safely say that you are not no-one.” He grinned, before blink back in his previous positions.

The woman’s eyes looked somewhat unnatural from an average human. They looked rather red which wasn’t normal for a human, unless the humans he once knew have change appearance. Dominick looked at the woman from head to toe. She looked like a normal human, and sounded like that too; apart from the lisp but some humans have that.

“Anyways, let’s get back to business… or rather… yours” He said with a little laugh.
“It’s a bit dangerous to go out into the night, don’t you think?” he said, gesturing the whole forest.
“Even with that sword of yours, you couldn’t possibly hope to take out a pack of hungry wolfs… or… do you have a hidden weapon of some sort…? A weapon that you only know?” he said curiously as he blinked nearby to the woman, floating on his back as he circled around her.
Dominick

Character sheet

Postby Berukansstel on April 25th, 2013, 5:07 pm

!? Berukansstel hold up her sword as the ghost laughed, let out an incredibly corny pun, and seemed to be... ripping his own head off. "....." Beru kept staring at the phantom, his self-mutilating actions had put her on high alert. Tch... this one is a trickster... I can't assume anything with him... She thought as the ghost spoke in a strange rhyming manner.

"Ki?!" Beru blinked in surprise as the ghost suddenly appeared very close to her, too close for comfort, and she slashed her sword to him in reflex. As expected, her cold iron sword just went through it's if he was air. "Kuh..." Beru grunted in annoyance, she knew she couldn't hurt him even if she wanted too, but seeing in first-hand just fuel her fear more.

Then the phantom spoke again, this time seemingly concerned with her safety. "I don't know if you understand, but you never judge a book by its cover... as the matter of hidden weapons, let's just say I can take care of myself..." She kept her gaze on the apparition as he circled around her. "Please... leave now, surely a gentleman like you would adhere to a lady's request." She tried to use her charm and decorum to persuade him to go away, she knew that it would most likely fail, but what else can she do?

Berukansstel
Serpentine Beauty

Character sheet
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Dominick on April 25th, 2013, 6:08 pm

When Dominick blinked before her, she slashed at him. Although he could see it, she couldn’t feel it; it just passed thought as if nothing was there. Dominick smirked and blinked back. The woman then stated that she was capable of protecting herself. She then tried to appeal to the ‘gentleman’ side of Dominick - a side that he didn’t know existed.

“Ah yes dear… you can’t judge a book by the cover it wears… but you know what they dear… ‘Clothes make the man’… ” He said as he performed fluid mid-air acrobatics performance.

“As for this ‘gentleman’ you speak of, what gives you the perception of me being a man to begin with? For all you know, I could be a little girl with blonde hair named Shinku… But if it does ease your thoughts, I do take on a male image… But mind you… I, am, no, gentle, man” he said, articulating his last sentence.

Dominick moved himself above the woman, he was upside down above her and he was looking at her. Was really curious to know why think woman has entered the forest at this time of day, and was reluctant to tell him. He just found this whole situation funny. He then wondered why is she trying to shoo him away, was she annoyed or was she afraid?

He could tell that her options were limited. She couldn’t hit Dominick, unless she was a mage or one of those pesky spiritist. However, she didn’t looked she was trained in any form of magic. The only thing that she could do was attack him with words. However, words are words to Dominick and are often used as a weapon as a last resort. Like a man pleading for his life.

He lowers himself close to the woman, facing her face-to-face with a hideous grin on his face
“What’s wrong dear? You seem a little… on edge… Tell me… do you still fear the Nuit under your bed?” he said, staring in to eyes with his glowing blue eyes.
Dominick

Character sheet

Postby Berukansstel on April 25th, 2013, 6:25 pm

"Yes, yes, you're a ghost" Beru scoffed as the ghost played around with his image. "And I could just say my name is Suigintou, how could you tell I'm telling the truth or not?" She tried to counter his witty remark with another witty remark. "Well then, if you're not a gentleman... then I have no business with you, you're just invading my privacy." Beru shot him an unamused stare and proceeded to distract herself by picking up a mushroom on the dead tree stump.

Then he just had to do it, he lowered his face, entering his hideous glowing eyes and grin into her field of vision. Beru's eyes just narrowed at him part fear, part annoyance.

"On edge? No, more like... annoyed. Ha? Nuit under the bed? Sorry, for the most part of my life, I don't use... beds..." This persistent phantom would not leave her alone and it could just attacked her should she showed fear and ran away, what a 'great' situation to be in. Oh Great Mother Siku, please protect me...

Berukansstel
Serpentine Beauty

Character sheet
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Dominick on April 25th, 2013, 7:52 pm

“No beds you say? That’s quite curious..” Dominick said with a grin.
“Only a person with harden wilderness skill would dare sleep on the cold floor with no bedrolls… and I don’t think a ‘human’ would allow their offspring to lie upon it either... and from what can tell… you either have a parent who doesn’t take proper care of you… or… ” Dominick said, drawing closer to the woman’s face.

He stared into her eyes with a smile that would make children flee in terror. With his face almost touching the woman’s, he held the uncomfortable tension for about half a half a chime before he pulls his face away and vanishes, easing the woman. Dominick remained invisible and he shot a tendril of his soulmist towards an idle mushroom the woman was picking. He picked up the odd mushroom and allowed it to float around the woman, giving her a slight tease.

“You do understand to can’t cook these, right…? Well, unless you plan to cook of an enemy of course… I bet their breath will be taken away with that dish… Hahahah!” he laughed.

“If you’re picking these, does that mean you’re after more? If so… I ‘could’ direct you…” he said, blinking in front of the mushroom that floated around the woman.

Dominick is the type of person who suggests a direction, and sees if the person will follow that suggestion. Dominick sometimes give them good suggestions, but sometimes doesn’t. Whatever the outcome, all Dominick did was suggest, he doesn’t take it upon himself if the person gets in trouble, they just accepted his suggestion of their own accord.

“What do you say…? Do you want to feed a family of nemesis…?” he said, looking into the red eyes of the woman.
“If so… I suggest going that way… or maybe this way… what am I say… this direction might have them their…” he said pointing his fingers around.
Dominick

Character sheet