Open [World's End Grotto]A New Song - Part I (Khal'iah)

Tabby and Khal get aquanted with each other and decide to go on a small adventure.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

[World's End Grotto]A New Song - Part I (Khal'iah)

Postby Tabitha Sweetsong on April 25th, 2013, 11:40 am

Spring, 8th, 513 AV

Darkness was spreading over Zeltiva, it was late evening, the stars were one by one starting to appear in the dark blue sky overhead. It was mildly cold, not so cold that Tabby was shivering but cold for her to want to get inside as soon as she could. Winter had only just recently ended and it was warming up, but it was still cold, especially in the early mornings and late evenings. To make things worse a cold winds was blowing over Zeltiva from the bay.

Tabby hurriedly walked through the door of World's End Grotto where the fireplace was warming up the room. She walked over to the table and sat at a round table approximately in the middle of the room, on which she leaned her Mandolin. Before she started playing she wanted to warm up her hands which were numb from the cold outside. While rubbing her hands together she looked around the room and noticed that there was a pretty big crowd most likely in here for the warm fire place and delicious food. Tabby however was here for a different reason, to perform; although the warmth was a very nice bonus.

Tabby stood up, picked up her Mandolin from where it lay on the table and moved her chair a few metres back where she had plenty of room to play and where she could be seen by most. Ready to play. She'd start with an old song, one that she's played here many times before and than ask for requests. As she started playing her mandolin the room started to quieten as people began to listen in. Only when the room was silent except for the crackle of the fire and the strumming of her mandolin did she start singing.

"What is it about the wind?
Why does the sea call as it does?
When we go to our beds at night,
Will we dream of where the wind goes?

We squander about our lives,
As the breeze goes about it's day,
Not caring for our strife,
Just going on it's way.

When a sailor tries to brave the sea,
The wind will be there guiding his ship.
To the end of the ocean, 'twill take him,
and back again for a round trip.

Back home they come,
All in glory and fame,
The sailors of today,
Too many to name."

Resting her mandolin on her lap she looked around the room at the people looking on, "Does anyone here have any requests?" she said loud enough that everyone heard her but not to loud the she was shouting.
Tabitha Sweetsong
The Bard

Words: 10633
Joined roleplay: November 17th, 2012, 9:10 am
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Khal'iah on April 26th, 2013, 6:49 am

To be perfectly honest with himself, Khal'iah had to admit that this was by far the most uneventful birthday of his entire life. For thirty-two years, he had grown accustomed to the celebrations thrown by his family and friends. He had grown used to the songs sang, the stories told, and the tankards of ale shared with those he loved. Yet this year, the violet-skinned Akalak was far far away from the comforts of home, but time did not stop flowing ever forward...and before he knew it, he was another year older and wiser. Despite the "special day", the warrior did not feel especially different, nor did the events of the day feel any different either. He awoke and engaged in his morning routine, as typical, he sat through his university courses, and then finished off the day with a shift patroling the streets of the Denvali Quarter.

All in all, a perfectly normal, uneventful day. As such, the Akalak decided to complete the day as he would any other within the fair, marine city known as Zeltiva.He would make his way to the World's End Grotto and procure a decent meal and a tankard of ale before returning to the University dormitories for a good night's rest. With this thought in mind, he strode quietly along through the streets of the city, ignoring the nasty glances he received from passersby because of his carrying a weapon, before admitting himself within the bustling tavern. He quietly strode across the crowded establishment, careful not to bump into anyone lest a heated confrontation break out, and came to a halt before the main counter. As usual, he placed his order for the catch of the day and a tankard of ale, then turned around upon his stool when a hush came over the typically loud crowd.

He was then greeted to the sound of music and voice, a rare treat he had never been gifted in all of his time within the marine city. To the song, he listened, enjoying the symphony of mandolin and singing, and applauded along with the patrons of the establishment when the woman concluded. Then, she inquired of the crowd if there were any requests...and the Akalak's hand soared into the air.

"Do you know 'Ode to the Wardens' by any chance?"

"That which is most precious to me...I shall protect until my last breath."
-Khal'iah Vojak (Character Sheet)
Khal'iah
Guardian of the Rose

Words: 118454
Joined roleplay: April 2nd, 2013, 8:35 am
Race: Akalak
Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Tabitha Sweetsong on April 27th, 2013, 8:12 am

Tabby looked around the room at the raised hands and shouting voices calling out names of songs. She picked out the quickest hand to go up. It belonged to a man, his skin colour was very purple though. A very dark purple. He looked quiet built as well. The name of the song he called out wasn't one she was familiar with though, Tabby quickly grew embarrassed. "I... I'm sorry, I don't know that one." she said, It was probably a foreign song, not one that was probably heard around these parts. But what did she know, she'd never heard it before. Maybe it was something to ask him afterwards.

Tabby wasn't finished though, there were still plenty of people that wanted to choose a song. She pointed to another person, she looked like a local, someone she thought she'd seen here before. "Can you play 'Under a Willow Tree'?". Being a song taught to her by her mother she had no problem playing it. It was a slow song with only two different chords in it. It also had a sweet, gentle sound to it.

As I sit under the willow tree,
In peacefulness and deep serenity,
With a gentle breeze flowing through my hair,
And the birds singing from above me.

I think of the future and all that's been,
and he choices I choose and all I've seen,
I wonder to myself, did I choose the right path,
And in the end, which way does my life lean?

And than I start to wonder the path I'd choose,
In the future, i know this life I'll lose,
But when I get to the crossroads of life,
What gate will I choose to enter through?

I stand up from my sitting place,
And bring my hands before my face,
"I know what I will do" I say,
"I'll live my life with this one goal,
To always try my best at everything in this eternal race".

Tabitha stood from her seat and bowed at the small crowd. she than moved her chair back to the same table she was at before. She sat her Mandolin on the table and gave a sigh. She was really curios now, what type of song is 'Ode to the Wardens', Tabby looked over to where the purple man was before to see if he was still there. She wanted to know about that song.Grabbing her mandolin she made her way over to the main counter.
Tabitha Sweetsong
The Bard

Character sheet

Postby Khal'iah on April 28th, 2013, 8:35 am

As the violet-skinned male lowered his hand, an expression of disappointment marred his countenance. He was surprised to say the absolute least; as the song he had requested was one composed in honor of those fortunate few whom carried the mark of Zulrav. In the city most populated by men and women of the sea, the Akalak had expected the song to be a common tune to hear; especially since it was one of honor to the Lord of Storms. However, he did not dwell on his disappointment too much. Instead, he focused his attention upon the waitress whom approached with his tankard of ale and promises that his meal would arrive in a few moments. Khal'iah nodded to the woman and once more hearkened to the performance of the bard.

The song was one that was foreign to the Akalak, a small irony seeing as though the tune he requested was foreign to the bard. Yet, despite his not knowing the words, he still listened with a content smile as it was a sweet, gentle song. When she concluded, he raised his tankard in toast to her splendid performance and reveled in a hearty sip of his beverage. When he lowered the metal cup, he noticed that she had halted her performance and was making her way across the tavern, headed in his direction. Once more, he elevated his tankard to her, this time in a gesture of greeting. "Good evening miss," he began, offering a warm smile, "you put on a splendid performance. I sincerely hope that there is an encore soon." With that said, he took another sip of his beverage and turned about in his stool, resting his arms upon the countertop.

"That which is most precious to me...I shall protect until my last breath."
-Khal'iah Vojak (Character Sheet)
Khal'iah
Guardian of the Rose

Words: 118454
Joined roleplay: April 2nd, 2013, 8:35 am
Race: Akalak
Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Tabitha Sweetsong on May 18th, 2013, 4:07 am

Tabby nodded her head and smiled at his greeting and replied, "Good evening". Tabitha sat down on the empty stool beside the purple man, facing him. "Thank you, I aim to please," she said in reply to him complement. "I might play another song after a little rest for my fingers" she said, "Sorry about that song by the way." she apologized. She looked down to the ground "I don't suppose, I mean, could you, maybe, teach it to me?" she awkwardly asked. "Just the words and the tune I mean. It's not everyday I'm, requested with a song I don't know."
OOC :
Sorry for the short (and late) reply. :)
Tabitha Sweetsong
The Bard

Character sheet