Dastardly deeds in the name of knowledge (Miro)

Cian kills to supply his lust for knowledge with an unseen observer.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

An undead citadel created before the cataclysm, Sahova is devoted to all kinds of magical research. The living may visit the island, if they are willing to obey its rules. [Lore]

Postby Cian on April 26th, 2013, 1:26 am

5th of Spring

Cian had been wandering around the testing grounds for quite some time now and the sun had almost reached its peak in the sky. Over the past couple of hours Cian had worked his way onto the prairie and was now waiting for the prey of his choice to make an appearance. His prey was known throughout Mizahar as being clever and difficult to put down, yet Cian had a plan. A strong wind was whipping up blowing dust across the barren plain and into his face. Raising his sleeve to protect himself from the flying particles Cian spotted what he was looking for.

Still just a smudge on the horizon because of the great distance between Cian and his target he could barely make out if indeed it was what he was looking for. Staring for a minute he started to make out that the object was in fact bipedal and seemed to be moving in direction that was parallel to his own position. “Perfect” Cian said to himself as he gathered up his robes and started making his way towards the target, taking care to make as much noise and be as pathetic looking as possible. Probably a unnecessary precaution at this point but he was unwilling to leave anything to chance.

Excited at the prospect of starting to get to work on some his own plans for his future he made sure to make good time. It would do him no good if the target escaped because of his own laziness. Making good time it was not long before the target, another Pulsar that seemed to be out and about, testing whatever new device his master had given him.

“This man was probably going to die anyway, only the strongest survive in Sahova.”
Cian had only been in Sahova for a couple weeks and he had already figured this out, his master had made it his personal mission to seek out dangerous and seemingly senseless tasks that required him to put his body, or some part of himself into a very precarious position. Regardless, Cian did not have time for morality in this situation and he had made up his mind on how to best achieve his desired results.

Upon reaching shouting range Cian unstrapped his belt and started to wave it through the air and shouting all the while, trying to get the man’s attention. Standing atop a slight rise the cloaked figure noticed immediately as Cian’s frantic yells and screams could not be misinterpreted for anything else. Not wanting to be mistaken for a mad wizard Cian ceased his frantic yelling and moved quickly over to the other apprentice. Now that he could see more clearly the man indeed was an apprentice judging by the dark colored robes he wore and his hallowed out gaze that seemed to indicate the man had not seen the sun in quite some time.

“Oh thanks goodness!” Cian practically shouted, attempting to feign exhaustion and relief at the same time, which to his dismay was much more difficult than he had first thought. “I have been out here for a while now, my master left me out here to die after a summoning experiment went wrong, claimed it was my fault for breaking his concentration. Would you happen to know which way goes back to Sahova?”
The man, who seemed to be a mute nodded and gestured that Cian follow him. “oh, thanks so much, Il be sure to give you payment once we get back.” In reality Cian knew exactly where he was, and it was only a short walk back to the Citadel, only about 800 yards once you topped the hill that they were currently climbing. Cian walked with the man to the top of the hill anticipating the moment to come.

Upon reaching the top of the hill Cian took his belt and in one quick movement threw it over the man’s head and pulled it tight. Now with the belt secure around the man’s throat Cian pulled with all of his might. The man gasped and tried unsuccessfully to loosen the leather belt which by now was crushing his throat and cutting him off from life giving oxygen to no avail. Not long later the man collapsed to the ground, lifeless eyes glazing over.

This was the beginning of Cians quest for knowledge.

Last edited by Cian on April 26th, 2013, 3:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
Cian
Player

Words: 7003
Joined roleplay: April 16th, 2013, 6:34 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Miro on April 28th, 2013, 10:19 am

Miro had been in the midst of the Prairie, or home, as it often was known to him. Today's training was to revolve around training Ender in the more complex magics. To train him to harness Hypnotism and to find some potential use of Morphing and the Flux. The wizard was preparing a lesson, his Familiar in his natural state, when the Irylid noticed something. "Miro, look, a person. No, make that people." The duo watched, a man that waved for help, requesting the assistance of another. "Something isn't quite right though." But the undead quickly became bored with it. Back to his planning he went, but the Irylid could not help but to see. For he saw everything reflected off of his icy surface.

The Chained One thought to himself as he stroked his chin with his hand. "We can bring his ability to use Hypnotism to surface, sure. For the Flux and Morphing, I am not so sure. He has no need for physical power, and Morphing is hard enough for me to get a handle on. Perhaps a Hypnotism awakening is the way to go." But Miro's thoughts, even those withheld from Ender, were shared. While he was linked at the soul to his Familiar, he shared another link, this one to a parasite in his body. An infection, one with a mind of its own, A dark twisted one at that. It whispered coarse words in his ears. "The Irylid does not need the ability to warp your mind. It will use the ability to take the upper hand. To have his way, enslave you. Use your magic, your Djed, to rule your life. You will wait, see that his intentions aren't true. You will see through his deception. Or not, and be tricked into becoming his slave."

The words of this voice in his head, always so cruel, yet, somehow wise. Perhaps it was the mysterious tone, or the way it always spoke of the darker nature of things, but it was so compelling. At first he thought himself crazy to trust these words, but was a bit of careful warning so bad? Really, would Ender use Hypnotism to have his way every once in a while? Miro had certainly found himself succumbing to temptation, and the Irylid was twice as desperate and wicked when pressed. It was an ability best left out of his hands, if not for just now, as long as possible. "Look, Miro, look! He is MURDERING that man!" The wizard turned with excitement on his face, and his Familiar could tell all too well what would happen next. The aggressor still had his belt around the victim's neck.

"Come on Ender, back on my wrist!" Miro declared out loud as he started in towards the attack, but the cautious Irylid wanted no part of this. "No, stay away from him. We need no part in this. You stated we were here for my magical training. Let us stick to that, please, I am begging you." The master did not want to argue with his partner, so he would take the advantage by using what he had over him, magic. He rest his staff, Ionu's Light, against himself and took the Mask of Many from his cloak. The object was secured to his face, practically gripping his face. He took staff in hand and focused the Djed to his voice. An emotional response of submissiveness was tied into his words, and the words were spoken in a stern tone. "Ender, let's go!"

And with that he was returned to his sealed state on the Reimancer's arm. He wasted no time now to run towards the murder site. The flat grounds of the Prairie allowed him to accelerate quick rapidly. His undead body was gifted in all aspects of dexterity, and as it never tired, he was able to reach maximum speed in a matter of seconds. His natural maximum that is. Ionu's Light rest atop his shoulder as he ran. In the years since losing his left arm, he had since learned to adjust his momentum while running. As he moved he twisted at the waist and pumped his shoulder up and down, causing his staff to bob up and down. With every press of his foot, he redirected a jolt of energy from his right arm to that foot, then rebounded it. The redirection reversed with each step, and his body steadily picked up speed.

But of course one could not accelerate forever. Especially not with a target within sight. He only continued to accelerate for a short time, maintain it for some time longer, then began to slow down. He was not quite sure what this man hoped to gain by killing, and was curious to find out. But he did not intend on becoming his next victim, so as he came within speaking distance, he slowed to a stop. His staff was held out before him, pointed at the man. Again the dark voice spoke within his head. "Good, you did well to command your Familiar. Truly, it is meant to serve you. Doesn't it feel good to be served?" A hoarse cackle cracked his mind. "This man is a murderer. Use this information as leverage, make him your slave. Now that you have it over him, at the end of your staff, he too is meant to serve you. Threaten him, use him, then when you are done, murder him as he did this man. Surely he will understand, the weak do not last long in this world."

Miro bore a smirk behind the hellish mask donned on his face. As he spoke, one might catch sight of long vicious fangs, as well as a black tongue. It was a gruesome sight, and his attire, depending on the person, would either add or detract from that. A reddened form fitting trenchrobe with azure interlocking triangles strewn across it could barely be seen underneath a light black cloak worn atop it. The plain white magical staff in his hand was attuned to him and a weapon of magic, while his other arm remained hidden in a sling beneath the cloak. The left arm of the garment just dangled loosely. If the man were to catch sight of the limb, it would be blackened.

The Reimancer looked over the murderer at the end of his staff, ready to shoot him down if he made any sudden move. He charged his voice with hypnotic charm once again. His voice boomed with power, a commanding tone ripe with Djed that would inspire an emotional response of fear. "Halt! No sudden movements, murderer. I am a god of a Reimancer, and if I even catch wind of you willing harm my way, you're dead. Now start talking. Why did you kill this man? Didn't look like he did anything to you. Looked like a cold, heartless act. What do you hope to gain from this? Most of all, I want to know something important. Why should I allow you to keep your life? I mean, I would damn well enjoy killing you, looting your body, and since of course I know of your misdeeds, you have reason to kill me too."

The wizard took steps to close the distance between them, still with staff poised. He let out a slight chuckle to break the tension. His posture and tone suddenly relaxed. He heaved a sigh, but did not even waver his attention for a moment. Not even blinking, just hoping to seem compromising. "Now, before you answer, I just want to say, I don't want to kill you. I am a curious guy though. Just want to learn why would do these things without ending up on the ground myself. If I can profit in the process, I will not hesitate, I assure you. Make your life valuable to me. Weigh out the crimes you have done, dispel the mistrust you have built in me. Be warned though, even when my back is turned, I see EVERYTHING. You will not get the upper hand here, just lose your life."

Acting so rash, it was a reminder of how Ender had once been. Always looking over his master's shoulder, making sure he did not walk himself off a cliff. The biggest threat to their life was Miro's own hubris and insatiable lust for excitement. It had been a while since he had acted in such a manner as to oppose the Irylid to his actions, but it was oddly somewhat refreshing. His mood was not the old, "Oh god why Miro", but rather the charming, "Oh Miro", that he had come to love. There were few situations they could not simply slay their way out of, after all. Especially now with Ender able to kill on his own, and constantly under the radar in his sealed form. "Noted Miro, my focus won't slip for him for even a moment. I will fill him full of ice spikes if I catch him making a move at us. Might I suggest that we just kill him though? It would be a quick score looting two bodies like this. Easy money. And fun too. I have been just itching to kill somebody. You always make it look so satisfying."
Miro
Not quite Nuit, just a little undead.

Words: 1238727
Joined roleplay: May 15th, 2011, 7:52 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Mirage on June 23rd, 2014, 6:21 pm

Miro

XP:
Acting: 1
Interrogation: 1
Intimidation: 1

Lores:
Listen to the Voice of Darkness

Additional:

Really short thread so there wasn't much to give, especially lore wise. Still though every point counts :). PM me if you have any questions!
Mirage
Truth is never certain

Words: 1231300
Joined roleplay: January 5th, 2012, 8:47 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)