[Verified by Gossamer] Val'guanis

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, all the character sheets are kept for player characters. Feel free to come on in, browse the forum, look at what sort of characters others have created, and then begin your very own!

Moderator: Liaisons

Val'guanis

Postby Val'guanis on May 5th, 2013, 3:54 am

Appearance

Race: Kelvic (Tundra Wolf)
Birthday: 13th of Winter, 484AV.
Birthplace: The Northern Reaches

Appearance: Standing 5'11" weighing about 167 lbs with an athletic build, shoulders and chest are broad, waist is medium narrow, upper torso is bigger than lower torso and the rest is well proportional. Val'guanis has unruly ash grey hair moderately short in length that falls down to his lower back neck, his skin tone is olive white while his overall face structure is square-like along with eyes that are amber in color and a straight nose with a curvy tip.

Val'guanis taints himself with the solitude deemed within his elusive bravado. Whenever he shifts as a human, a thick dark cloak is the common clothing he often wears, His hood cloaks the upper part of his face almost seemingly making it look like a complete silhouette. The lower portion of his face along with his evenly shaved beard is the only part that is very visible to others.

As a wolf, Val'guanis appears to be very typical with his species, although there are some characteristics within him that proves he's hybrid but that goes unnoticeable. Measuring 124 cm weighing about 102 lbs, has a dense and fluffy fur having pale brown as its color but some strands of it appeared to be in black; he has teeth massive enough to be used for lone hunting as well as sturdy legs to chase down his prey.

Human :

Tundra Wolf :

Character Concept
Val'guanis had spent the recent years of his life in the dark depths of solitude almost devoid of any life teeming interactions. Tends to be focused more on internal thoughts , feelings and moods rather than seeking out external stimulation. Generally, he is introverted, letting himself remain quiet and reserved amidst the environment he tries to adapt to. His years of loneliness had made him dislike the crowd and any other places that would be filled with social activities or completely bereft of serenity. He is innately friendly to any kinds of life form but impels to show a slightly violent behavior whenever bothered or disturbed. His likes and desires are distinctly opposite to his dislikes. Val'guanis likes to roam at solemn places and let himself meditate, focusing his inner thoughts and interacting with the quiet stream of faint whispers communicated by unknown entities. Being mysterious is the most apparent image he'd want to maintain, his motives in life are still blurry as well as his vision.

Character History

Before Val'guanis

Once there was a human named Shuakel, a hunter-adventurer who had no permanent home and endlessly wandered the wilderness all for his desires of profit by hunting animals in exchange of money. The money he earns are the ones that kept him clasping in the comfort of inns,taverns and gambling. It was his life for all he could remember thanks to his father who thought him how to use a crossbow. Since then, he ventured the cold and shivering wilderness of Taldera then to the Northern Reaches which seemed to be like nature's intervention from his devious and relentless activities. It was at that place where he encountered a beautiful Arctic Fox that settled in the raging snow. Shuakel was at the brink of firing his crossbow until the Fox took its human form and mesmerized him with her radiant beauty.

Since then, Shuakel fell in love and his hunting business was temporarily yielded as his life became attached to the Kelvic who identified herself in the name of Alunia. Shuakel knew that money would grow scarce so he scavenged for jobs at the city of Avanthal that might keep them away from starvation and would actually settle a permanent home for them both. Unfortunately, their goals were getting farther and farther as Shuakel lost one job after another but despite all of the frustrations, a light of hope had illuminated their misfortunes. Alunia got pregnant which was a bright symbol for their family life and Shuakel was hired for a hunting expedition at the southern outskirts of Taldera. He knew his hunting business will establish a life for his future family but what he was ignorant about was the dangers of his expedition that would put an end to his life.

After weeks of peaceful living, Alunia awaited news from Shuakel and eventually, she did, but wasn't as pleasant as she expected it to be. The ill news had struck Alunia as she was informed that Shuakel and his band of hunters were ravaged and killed by an unknown beast of the north which was supposed to be their target of killing. Of course, as a faithful Kelvic, Alunia didn't believed what the news had bared so, she sets herself off from town and out on the freezing borders deliberately risking herself ; unknowingly aware of her dire state. It was in a matter of weeks before she'll give birth to their baby and she pulled herself out in the middle of danger all for the hope to find Shuakel and prove wrong of the things she have heard. It took her days until she got herself lost around the southern borders from Avanthal. All hope that was left in the midst of her search abruptly faded soon as she gave birth to a Tundra Wolf Kelvic she had named as Val'guanis. Unfortunately for Alunia, she died of sickness after days of scavenging food for the newly born offspring. In that day, Val'guanis was left alone and had sought to survive in the bleak and cruel seasons.

Val'guanis

Surviving as a vagabond, Val'guanis embarked his expeditions on the far boarders from the city. Hunting alone for food and sheltering from the cold temperature. He achieved almost nothing in his everyday routine. His past was nothing but a mere puzzle that is impossible to complete. All he can remember was the vile antagonism of winter and a corpse rotting at his settlement. Ever since then, he adapted on his own, trained to his extent and wandered endlessly. When he was on his pup years---after of what seemed to be the death of his mother---he scavenged for dead animals that seemed approving enough to eat. He rarely shifts to his human form and venture off to civilization if there's a need. In his teen years, he had encountered no one but the wild and the unknown entities that spoke in his behalf. He believed that the entities were shimmering fragments of his past. Much more like the spirits of the dead that were dwelling in the terraces of the wild.

As years passed by, his communications were getting more and more dim until it came to the point that the spirits appeared in rare occasions. Val'guanis matured at a decent age but still had no progress on his activities. He longed to find something or someone that will pull him out from the darkness that have consumed all of his hope and kept him imprisoned in the grasps of loneliness but all of it were nothing but distant goals that never had the slightest betterment.

Language

Fluent Language: Common & Wolvish
Basic Language:
Poor Language:

Skills

Skill EXP Proficiency
Hunting #5SP, #10RB Novice
Meditation #5SP Novice
Escape Artist #5SP Novice
Unarmed Combat #8SP Novice
Wilderness Survival #27SP Competent

Lores

Lore of Scavenging the right food
Lore of Animal sound identification

Possessions

1 Set of Clothing
-Simple Shirt
-Simple Pants
-Simple Undergarments
-Simple Cloak or Coat
-Simple Boots
1 Waterskin
1 Backpack which contains:
-Comb (Wood)
-Brush (Wood)
-Soap
-Razor
-Balanced Rations (1 Week's worth)
-1 eating knife
-Flint & Steel
100 Gold Mizas

Heirloom: None

Housing

House: 1 basic 20x20 single room cottage (400 sq feet) with a hearth, bunk, chest, chair, and small table.

Ledger

Purchase Cost Total
Starting +100 GM 100 GM

Thread List

--------------------------------

Theme
Last edited by Val'guanis on June 7th, 2013, 8:12 am, edited 30 times in total.
Val'guanis
illiterate genius

Words: 21591
Joined roleplay: May 2nd, 2013, 10:36 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Val'guanis

Postby Val'guanis on May 5th, 2013, 3:55 am

Family tree

Shuakel (Shwa-kel)

Relationship: Father
Race: Human
Birthday: 19th of winter, 445AV.
Birthplace: Avanthal
Date & Cause of death: 22nd of Winter, 483AV; ravaged by a wild beast during his hunting expeditions.
Appearance:
Appearance :

Alunia (A-loon-ya)

Relationship: Mother
Race: Arctic Fox Kelvic
Birthday: 5th of winter, 449AV.
Birthplace: The Northern Reaches
Date & Cause of Death: 31st of Winter, 484AV; sickness after giving birth to her son, Val'guanis
Appearance:
human :

Arctic Fox :
Last edited by Val'guanis on May 12th, 2013, 9:24 am, edited 7 times in total.
Val'guanis
illiterate genius

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Val'guanis

Postby Val'guanis on May 5th, 2013, 5:04 am

Q&A and "more" about Val'guanis

General Information :
1. What is your Name? Val'guanis.... as what the wind whispered to me
2. Do you go by a nickname or pet name? I don't know
3. How old are you? 29
4. What is your height? 5'11"
5. What is your weight? 167 lbs

Aesthetics :
1. Describe yourself as you see yourself. A distant shadow, a mere shade, anything that resembles the elusive darkness
2. Describe yourself as others typically see you. Obscure
3. What is your favorite body feature? My eyes
4. How physically fit are you? As fit as....I don't think I'm that attractive but I'm not fat nor a victim of starvation,
5. How do you typically dress and what is your style? Thick clothing that protects me from the cold with a hood that can hide my face.

Family :
1. Who are your parents and what are they like? All I can remember is the cold weather and loneliness
2. Do you have any brothers or sisters? I don't know
3. What is your extended family like? I don't know
4. Do you consider close friends as important or more/less important than family? Friend? I don't think I can discuss such term
5. Do you treat animals like family? If they tend to be bothersome, then no

1. Where were you born? The Northern Reaches
2. Where do you live now? wherever the cold breeze takes me
3. If you could live anywhere in Mizahar where would that be? Anywhere as long as its quiet and peaceful
4. Do you have a favorite place to vacation or spend leisure time? None
5. Where do you fear to be? Crowded places

Traits :
1. Do you have any physical weaknesses (disease, scars, and missing limbs?) I am colorblind and I can't see very well especially at a distance
2. Are you right handed or left handed? right-handed
3. What languages do you speak? What do you sound like? Do you have an accent? I speak the language of my species as well as the Common language

Education :
1. What sort of education do you have? Self-learning
2. Do you like/dislike learning? I don't actually know
3. Where or how did you learn most of your skills/abilities? Through myself
4. How do you learn best? I don't know
5. What are your educational goals for the future? I have no goals

Likes and Dislikes :
1. What are your hobbies? Escaping death & Surviving every single day I gasp for air...I don't know if they're considered as hobbies at all
2. Do you like to read? Sometimes, If I understand what's written on it.
3. What annoys you more than anything else? Noises that aren't pleasant for my ears
4. What do you find the most relaxing activity to do? Meditating
5. What kinds of things embarrass you? Why? I don't know

Favorites :
1. What is your favorite color or colors? the colors of the dim shadows
2. What is your favorite time of day? night, where I can hunt for food while everyone's in their slumber
3. What is the most beautiful thing you've ever seen? meat
4. What do you like to eat? What do you hate to eat? like to eat: Meat; hate to eat: Vegetables & Fruits
5. What is your favorite type of weather? Does any kind scare you? I don't know

Actions :
1. What is the worst and best thing you've ever done? the worst is to remain as what I am today, the best? probably the time when I'll eventually find myself in the shadows.
2. What is your greatest regret? being brought to the world for nothing
3. What is your best/worst memory? I don't know
4. If you could change one thing about your past, what would it be and why? I have no idea about my past, it's like a puzzle where the pieces that'd complete it are beyond impossible to uncover but If only they gave some thoughts about me, if only they considered on keeping me as their son, then there's no reason for me to change my past.
5. What are you the most proud of doing in your life? As of now, None

Self Image :
1. What is your greatest strength as a person? probably nothing
2. What is your greatest weakness? being a pessimist
3. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be? I don't really know If I can change myself
4. Are you generally introverted or extroverted? Introverted
5. Are you generally organized or messy? Organized

Life & Death :
1. What do you absolutely live for? I don't know
2. What is the best part of life? I don't know
3. What is the best part of death? I don't know
4. If you could choose, how would you want to die? I want to find myself, maybe uncover the fragments of my past, find who brought me to this world and lastly, be the person who I truly wanted to be. Then after I finished all of them, I may die in peace.
5. What is the one thing for which you would most like to be remembered after your death? I don't know
Val'guanis
illiterate genius

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets