New to Mizahar, but not to RP...

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Drop on by, introduce yourself, and let us know how you found us. In addition, don't be afraid to tell us what you'd like to get out of your Mizahar experience. Check out the stickies for more information.

Postby Tiren on June 30th, 2010, 7:42 pm

1. Name - or what you'd like to be called!
Most places, I answer to Falcon. Or Zof. Or Lex. Feel free to take your pick. Heck, I'm so used to answering to my various characters' names that I'll even take Tiren, if you like.

2. What sort of RP experience do you have if any?
I've been playing one-on-one with friends over MSN for years on end... actually, let's go way back: I started out on AIM chatrooms (I'm sorry, I'm so sorry!). I've probably been playing, in various forms, for about eight years now. My girlfriend and I have four separate worlds going with a hundred-plus characters in one alone, and probably fifty or so in the others, and I'm fairly diverse -- high fantasy, urban fantasy and steampunk are my favourite genres. I've dabbled in one or two forums before, but never found anywhere I managed to stick around. I'm hoping Mizahar will be my RP forum home for the forseeable!

3. How did you find us?
After most of an afternoon spent Googling for 'fantasy roleplay', 'decent roleplay boards' and the like, I think I finally came across Mizahar via some directory site or other. I'm glad I did -- it seems very well thought-out and reading the wiki has kept me entertained for a good couple of hours already.

4. What sort of RP style is your favorite?
I'm most used to scripts-style over MSN -- [character name]: Speech *actions* -- but that certainly doesn't mean I can't (or don't like to) write prose/paragraph-style posts. I'm a fiction writer in my spare time (one of the thousands in the world who are "writing a novel"; oh dear), so I do enjoy weaving a bit of story with characterisation and descriptions threaded into the writing. I'm neither a fan nor, I hope, a producer of flowery descriptions and purple prose; I like to give readers a clear idea of who or what they're 'looking' at, but there'll be no 'gently glowing golden orbs' from me, even if my eventual character does end up with golden-brown eyes!

5. What do you like to write about - not write about?
Most of the fiction stuff that I'll actually post for people to see is urban fantasy -- apparently ordinary people with magical powers, and so forth. A lot of it is based on one of the RP worlds I have with my girlfriend; it's not Harry Potter magic, but usually quieter, more a part of society -- whether the non-magic folks know about it or not. I also do the occasional bit of high fantasy, and my ever-ongoing novel-that-isn't is fantasy-horror-drama-political-intrigue-you-name-it. (It has non-sparkly vampires. Who are... not always particularly pleasant.) I don't write much science-fiction, except for a couple of fairly ill-fated forays into the worlds of Torchwood and Andromeda fanfiction; it's not because I dislike the genre, but more that I'm not very confident with it.

6. Whats your favorite thing about Mizahar so far?
The sheer amount of history. All right, it's eaten my life for the last couple of hours and the quantities I'm yet to get through are frankly scaring me, but the fact that it's there is amazing.

7. What, if anything, has frustrated you about Mizahar so far?
Nothing so far. I'm just trying to work out a character, which is pretty much melting my brain...

8. What would you like out of the Mizahar experience?
I'd like to find a place I want to come back to again and again, which seems to be the case so far. I've stuck my head into the chat and everyone has been very friendly and welcoming. I want to get involved in stories and plots, build IC relationships, develop interesting characters and, through ongoing in-depth storylines, help others to develop theirs... develop my writing, plotting and RPing skills, and make some new friends OOC. So... not too much to ask, then, really...

9. Is there anything you'd like to see expanded?
Nup, it all seems pretty awesome so far.

10. Anything else you want to talk about?
Let's think. A bit about me: I'm 22, a second-year BA Hons student (English Language & Linguistics with Education); I live in north-east England and I spend most of my free time writing, drawing, bugging about on the 'net and RPing, usually with my girlfriend. And you've got my RP history and what sorts of things I write up there already, so I won't bore you with that again.

Character-wise, I'm thinking about a Drykas, possibly a Diamond clan warrior. I'm considering the possibility of having him leave the Grasslands for one reason or another, and maybe interact with other races in a city or elsewhere in the world -- perhaps not initially, but at some point during his story. I've been reading through the wiki and trying to get a 'feel' for him, but he's still fairly amorphous as yet. Back to the lore, I think...

I welcome comments, questions and general 'hello's from all quarters, so please don't be shy. :P
Last edited by Tiren on July 6th, 2010, 4:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Tiren
Player

Words: 11243
Joined roleplay: June 30th, 2010, 6:35 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet

Postby Liminal on June 30th, 2010, 7:52 pm

Welcome to Mizahar! I'm glad you're enjoying it, and I hope you continue to do so! ^_^
Liminal
Atelerix albiventris

Words: 256313
Joined roleplay: March 24th, 2009, 7:09 am
Blog: View Blog (3)
Race: Staff account
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Puck on June 30th, 2010, 7:52 pm

Welcome to Mizahar!

I've already greeted you in chat, so I won't take up too much here. Glad to see you around. :)

EDIT after seeing Hyacinth's Post: But you'll be coming to die in the Sea of Grass or Riverfall first, right? *jostles Hya out of the way*

Sincerely yours for most of Forever,
Puck
Last edited by Puck on June 30th, 2010, 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Puck
Loving your Lazy Eye

Words: 143109
Joined roleplay: May 5th, 2010, 11:15 pm
Office
Scrapbook

Postby Kelpie on June 30th, 2010, 7:56 pm

That was an amazingly detailed and beautiful intro, Tiren. It's a real pleasure to have you with us now. (And this is coming from the crazy lady you met in chat so, haha!)

I really can't wait to see you start posting, or have your character risk the Wildlands anytime, anywhere. ;) (And don't worry I started roleplaying through AIM a long long time ago bahaha.)

Quick quick go post your CS! I want to see who the next victim-- I mean, player is going to be all about!

Loves and bat rays,
Hyacinth
Kelpie
Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!

Words: 144278
Joined roleplay: June 21st, 2010, 1:27 am
Location: DS of Lhavit, Mod abilities in Lhavit and Unforgiving
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Amorette la Rose-Noire on June 30th, 2010, 8:18 pm

Welcome to Mizahar~

I am new to the game as well and it has been great! Hope to see you playing on the boards soon!

If you have any questions, pop into chat! There are always knowledgeable people there willing to help :)
Amorette la Rose-Noire
Ashes and Roses

Words: 59792
Joined roleplay: June 21st, 2010, 8:48 pm
Blog: View Blog (3)
Race: Human
Character sheet