Hey!

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Drop on by, introduce yourself, and let us know how you found us. In addition, don't be afraid to tell us what you'd like to get out of your Mizahar experience. Check out the stickies for more information.

Hey!

Postby Kale Renoff on July 2nd, 2010, 1:51 pm

Hey, people! I'm new here and thought I'd just say hi to everyone.

1. Name - or what you'd like to be called!
I'm known on most other sites as "Haiku" or any variation thereof, so you can do pretty much anything with the name. I'll respond to pretty much anything. ^_^

2. What sort of RP experience do you have if any?
I have a pretty limited experience... I haven't been RPing for long, maybe a month or so, although I've been writing for long before that. Please, PLEASE tell me if there's anything I do wrong or if I could improve my writing any.

3. How did you find us?
Google is my friend.

4. What sort of RP style is your favorite?
I don't really know yet. I could let you know in a couple months?

5. What do you like to write about - not write about?
I enjoy writing about dark or alternative fantasy- where not everything is as it seems. I like doing something a little different, not just "Angels and Demons!" or "Going off to kill the dragon!" (Instead it would probably be something like "We went off to kill the dragon but then found out that it was the guardian of all balance and now we have to find a way to prevent the world from slipping into total chaos.")

6. Whats your favorite thing about Mizahar so far?
I think the diversity of it. You can do pretty much anything with your character, and the world is so detailed that it's easy to get swept away.

7. What, if anything, has frustrated you about Mizahar so far?
The complexity of the lore and stuff... that and the fact that it's a larger RP than I'm used to, so I'm somewhat nervous about how well I'll do here.

8. What would you like out of the Mizahar experience?
I want how to learn more about my writing- how to slip into my character's skin. That, and I just want to have some fun! I want to see where Kale will end up later on.

9. Is there anything you'd like to see expanded?
Not necessarily. The big-ness already has me alternately whooping for joy and cringing in fear. XD

10. Anything else you want to talk about?
Not really, although I do want to restate that I'm open to any criticism or suggestions. Again, this isn't something that I'm particularly experienced with, so bear with me!
Yes... I am a girl. Playing a guy. Got that straight? Aaaaalrighty then.
Kale Renoff
Player

Words: 7973
Joined roleplay: July 1st, 2010, 11:35 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet

Hey!

Postby Ash'eny on July 2nd, 2010, 10:43 pm

Hey there! I'd like to officially welcome you to Mizahar, and I must say you sound like the kind of person we like around here. It sounds like you've already read the rules and starter's guide and all that, so I don't think I'll bug you to read those.

Anyway! Try not to let Mizahar's expansiveness (if that's a word) be intimidating. Imagine it like the world, but smaller, still freaking huge, but smaller. Mizahar is a single continent but incredibly diverse. Your character is but a small player in this rather large world (that's not to say you can't make an enormous impact, it just takes time and a ton of work to accomplish anything huge). Anyway, I have a feeling that you'll find your own little corner here in Mizahar and settle in just fine, no worries.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask me or any storytellers, I'm sure they'd be better at correct answers, but I'll do my best to help however I can.

Anyway, until we next meet. Farewell!
Ash'eny
Thief of Hearts

Words: 195301
Joined roleplay: June 4th, 2010, 8:17 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Hey!

Postby Kale Renoff on July 3rd, 2010, 1:38 am

Thanks! ^_^ I hope to get started sometime soon.
Kale Renoff
Player

Character sheet

Hey!

Postby Azilis Theroulde on July 3rd, 2010, 1:53 am

Hullo there, Haiku, lovely to make your acquaintance! I'm a newbie too, and I'm suffering from a lot of the same fears as you are, it seems like...there's just so much. But all the people around here are incredibly nice and have politely answered every question I asked. Even if it was a really stupid question. Which a lot of them were xD

And from the looks of it, Azilis and Kale happen to both be in Zeltiva. Drop me a PM anytime if you want 'em to meet up!
~O, wonder!
How many goodly creatures are there here!
How beauteous mankind is! O brave new world,
That has such people in't!~

-Miranda, The Tempest
Azilis Theroulde
Aurist in Training

Words: 57571
Joined roleplay: June 28th, 2010, 2:13 am
Character sheet
Medals: 1
Power Fork (1)

Hey!

Postby Kale Renoff on July 3rd, 2010, 2:44 am

Thank you, I might have to take you up on that.
Kale Renoff
Player

Character sheet

Hey!

Postby Gossamer on July 3rd, 2010, 5:18 pm

Welcome. I would definitely add your CS link to your profile so it doesn't have to dominate your signature. And also, a lot of girls play guys. It's really no big deal unless you make it one. :)
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)