Solo [Job Thread] Bountiful Flavors.

Liyana creates flavor philters for beer.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This northernmost city is the home of Morwen, The Goddess of Winter, and her followers who dwell year round in a land of frozen wonder. [Lore]

[Job Thread] Bountiful Flavors.

Postby Liyana Winterflame on May 30th, 2013, 10:45 pm

Summer 20, 513 AV
[incomplete]
Liyana looked up at Huzak from the wooden chair she sat in.

It was still before noon, and so they tavern was entirely quite. There was a faint smell of cooking being prepared for dinner, but that was it. The real chaos would start come dinner.

"The followng is what I want you to do," said Huzak. "Actually, that is the reason you were hired."

Liyana had guessed Huzak would ask her for philtering inventions sooner or later, since any other brewer would have sufficed for the normal position.
"I need you to change the flavors of drinks. Not cocktails, Morwen knows we have enough of those. No. I need something that would insidiously coalesce with the alcoholic drink."

"But wouldn't it be easier to buy different drinks for the required flavor?"

Huzak shook her head. "That much trade would cost a fortune. It would be easier to simply change the flavor of a few beer barrels lying around. I thought philtering would help."

Liyana started planning formulae in her head. Huzak misinterpreted the silence and worry paced in her eyes.
"Maybe something like what you did to the snow cones once?"
She was referring to the frequent experiments that Liyana gave to the Frosty Flakes to try out.

Liyana smiled amiably. "It's a bit more complicated than that. Water has different properties than alcohol. But it's not impossible. I'll think something up."
. . .
Lore: Drunkenness Is Not a State for Acrobatics

~ Don't be shy! ~
If you want to thread with me, PM me!
Liyana Winterflame
Life sucks? Philter that right out of it.

Words: 31532
Joined roleplay: May 10th, 2013, 8:37 am
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes