Avalona

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, all the character sheets are kept for player characters. Feel free to come on in, browse the forum, look at what sort of characters others have created, and then begin your very own!

Moderator: Liaisons

Avalona

Postby Avalona on July 7th, 2010, 10:44 pm

Avalona

Name: Avalona
Race: Human
Birthday: The 37th day of Winter, 489 AV

Physical Description: Avalona is of medium height, 5'6", and has fiery red hair. Most of the time she keeps it down, but when she does wear it up it's always a medley of complex knots and twists. It's fairly long, falling down her back to her waist, and holds a few gentle waves. Her eyes are a warm brown, not unlike the color of chocolate, and are framed by long lashes. When she smiles,with her full lips, white teeth, and eyes crinkled with mirth, people can't help but smile back. But when she's serious and concentrating, her sharp jawbone becomes prominent, bringing out her delicate features. Also, because she paints often she's likely to have a smear of it somewhere on her (probably on her hands, face, or in her hair). On the back of her neck is a straight, three-inch scar.

Character Concept: Avalona finds herself thinking often like an artist, frequently ignoring other's personal space and feelings. Because of this she tends to be bad at first impressions, especially when her "artist eye" spots a flaw in proportion...and she notes it out loud. She is surprisingly naive when it comes to love. The combination of this and her tolerance for nudity (she is an artist after all), tend to lead to many misunderstandings. But this is only part of her character. If you take the time to wait for Avalona to come out of her "artist mode", you'll be surprised to find that she is kind, gentle, optimistic, and innocently oblivious of racial and social differences. These feelings of acceptance for others never arise from pity, though, but rather from her experiences of growing up as an outcast.

Avalona is unusually honest, and tends to trust most people instantly. However she is a good judge of character, and will not put her faith in someone that she believes to be untrustworthy. She is imaginative, open-minded, and follows her own set of beliefs. but she tends to daydream a lot, and is one of those people who continually get that faraway look in their eyes. Because of this she comes across as an oddball, and is not usually approached by people. Past experiences led her to have poor people skills, so she is not a social person. Avalona also refuses to show weakness in front of anyone, be they loved ones or strangers. She has a strange love for apples, and also enjoys painting, drawing, daydreaming, observing people, and singing.

While Avalona tends to be a very unprejudiced person, she finds it hard to like the Inarta (which can be problematic since she has red hair and is often mistaken for one). The reason for this is mainly because of the caste system that forms the basis of their society. She is against this. However, Avalona often consoles herself by remembering that they are wonderful artists.

Character History: At birth, Avalona was abandoned by her parents because she was an illegitimate daughter. A kind, old woman cared for her. As a child Avalona was bullied repeatedly by the neighborhood gang, who taunted, shoved, and isolated her. Sometimes, however, they would do much worse things then that. The leader of the gang who tormented her was named Scout. Everyone who lived in the area knew about the incident with her parents, so even adults would give her looks of disgust when she went into their shops. Because of this she became a truly miserable child who cried frequently. But one night upon returning home, Avalona discovered that someone had robbed her house (she later found out it was Scout's right hand man) and seriously injured her grandmother. Her grandmother survived, but had become crippled. As a result, she had to take responsibility and care for her grandmother. This brought the pair of them closer together, and her grandmother taught Avalona how to be strong and find joy in life through art. With this newfound attitude, she swore that never again would she let another person see her cry--especially her grandmother.

At the age of 15, Avalona attended a funeral held for her grandmother. She had been a kind old woman, so many people showed up to pay their respects. None of them stayed very long, they had work to do, but all of them that came noted the same figure standing still near the grave, silent and unmoving. Upon closer inspection they realized that it was the adopted child, but strangely enough, her face was impassive and devoid of tears. They all thought that Avalona was a heartless little freeloader, leeching off the old woman until the day she died. Little did they know...

Languages: Common (fluent), Symenos (basic), and Nari (poor)

*note: Avalona learned Symenos because she came upon a Symenestra's artwork at a show, and was entranced by its elegance. One day she hopes to go to their underground city and see more of it. The reason she learned Nari was because she admired the artwork that the Inarta created. However, her slight dislike of their culture prevents her from learning more.

Training & Skills:
-Painting: 30 (sp)
-Drawing: 20 (sp)
-Singing: 15 (rb)
-Interrogation: 1 (awarded)
-Rhetoric: 1 (awarded)
-Philosophy: 2 (awarded)
-Seduction: 1 (awarded)
-Investigation: 1 (awarded)

Lores:
-Lore of developing the "artist eye" (sp)
-Lore of losing a loved one (sp)
-Unappetizing ale
-Intimidating other girls
-Overstepping personal boundaries
-Strange Promises
-Finding Inspiration
-Dealing with a Drunkard

Equipment/Possessions:

Starting Package:
-1 set of clothing
-1 waterskin
-1 backpack with soap, razor, brush, and comb
-food for 1 week
-1 eating knife
-flint & steel

+paint, 20 sheets of paper, blank book
+ 1 chemise

Heirloom: A collapsible easel, given to her by her grandmother, that folds into a case containing several engraved paintbrushes and pencils.

Ledger:
+100 gm (sp)
-14 gm (paint, 20 sheets of paper, blank book)
-1 sm ( linen chemise)
-1 sm

Thread List

-[Rearing Stallion] Winds of Change: A Beggar's Coins
29th of Summer, 510 AV
Avalona, Ash'eny, Senre, John Vicari
Finished
http://www.mizahar.com/forums/topic3678.html

-A New Day [Avalona]
30th of Summer, 510 AV
Ash'eny, Avalona
Finished
http://www.mizahar.com/forums/topic4231.html

- [The Stone Garden][Flashback] Promise Day [Avalona]
49th of Summer, 510 AV
Ash'eny, Avalona
Ongoing
http://www.mizahar.com/forums/post39210.html#p39210
Last edited by Avalona on September 29th, 2010, 9:43 pm, edited 4 times in total.
As the sun colors flowers, so does art color life.
Avalona
Player

Words: 37980
Joined roleplay: July 6th, 2010, 2:48 am
Character sheet

Avalona

Postby Avalona on July 30th, 2010, 4:20 am

General Information :
1. What is your Name?
My name is Avalona.
2. Do you go by a nickname or pet name?
Yes, actually, I do. It's Ava, although I only give it out on a whim.
3. How old are you?
I'm 21.
4. What is your height?
I'm right around average height for a human woman at 5' 6".
5. What is your weight?
Umm...*blushes* I'd prefer not to say...

Aesthetics :
1. Describe yourself as you see yourself.
Well as far as looks are concerned I have no idea if I'm attractive or not. My face certainly isn't one I'd want to paint, but there are plenty of pretty people who I wouldn't want to paint either. My view of beauty comes from the eyes of an artist, so it can be odd sometimes. Sorry, I didn't answer that question very well.
2. Describe yourself as others typically see you.
I really wouldn't know, you'd have to ask the people looking.
3. What is your favorite body feature?
Hmmm...that would have to be my hair. I really love the color, it makes me feel more artistic.
4. How physically fit are you?
Not very. My body doesn't have very good endurance and I tend to avoid strenuous activities.
5. How do you typically dress and what is your style?
I like wearing brightly colored dresses that bring out the color of my hair, but the dresses themselves tend to be simple. Oh, and comfortable.

Family :
1. Who are your parents and what are they like?
I never knew my parents because they gave me up when I was a baby. However, I grew up with my "grandmother".
2. Do you have any brothers or sisters?
Nope.
3. What is your extended family like?
I don't have one.
4. Do you consider close friends as important or more/less important than family?
That's a tough question, and I don't think I can answer it. But I would do anything for someone I cared about.
5. Do you treat animals like family?
I've never had a pet, but if I did I probably would.

In the city of Syliras.
2. Where do you live now?
Syliras.
3. If you could live anywhere in Mizahar where would that be?
I would stay right here. This is the only place I know.
4. Do you have a favorite place to vacation or spend leisure time?
I'm not one for traveling--I tend to get homesick.
5. Where do you fear to be?
My old neighborhood. People know me there, and I'm pretty sure none of them would be happy to see me.

Traits :
1. Do you have any physical weaknesses (disease, scars, and missing limbs?)
*Laughs* Does not knowing how to watch my tongue count as a disease? Actually, I have a scar on the nape of my neck from where Scout's knife pressed into it.
2. Are you right handed or left handed?
Right.
3. What languages do you speak? What do you sound like? Do you have an accent?
I speak Common fluently and I know a bit of Symenos and Nari. I only learned those because of their culture's artwork though. I'd like to think that my voice is pleasant to one's ears, but I wouldn't know for sure.
4. Do you have any odd mannerisms, annoying habits, or other defining characteristics?
*Laughs* Oh I have plenty of quirks. If I'm paying attention I can watch what I say, but otherwise I'll let slip something offensive without realizing. I also tend to bite the tip of my thumb when I'm thinking, which is perhaps not the most sanitary thing to do.
5. Do you have (or want to get) any tattoos or piercing? Why do you have them (or will get them) ?
I don't have any, and I don't want any. Pain isn't very fun, if you know what I mean.

Occupations :
1. What is your occupation?
2. Do you like/dislike your work? Why?
3. If you could be anything you wanted to, what would you be?
4. What occupation do you admire the most? Why?
5. What occupation do you lest like? Why?

Childhood :
1. What sort of child were you?
A pretty miserable one.
2. What is your favorite memory from childhood?
When I was given my special easel by my grandmother.
3. What is your worst memory from childhood?
...When I came home one day and found my grandmother on the floor, surrounded by blood. I really thought I was going to lose her.
4. What sort of relationship did you have with your parents?
I have no relationship with my parents, but I had a very close relationship with my adoptive grandmother.
5. Who was your most influential role model?
My grandmother. Definitely.

Education :
1. What sort of education do you have?
I was home-schooled by my grandmother.
2. Do you like/dislike learning?
I like it because I tend to be a very curious person. However if the topic is uninteresting, it won't be able to hold my attention for long.
3. Where or how did you learn most of your skills/abilities?
I learned everything I know from my grandmother.
4. How do you learn best?
When there's visuals. I guess that has to do with the artist in me.
5. What are your educational goals for the future?
I'm happy with the education I have now.

Relationships :
1. Do you form close bonds with people? Why? Why not?
I want to, but It never really works out.
2. Do you trust people easily? If not, why not?
Yes. But if a person obviously looks like a creep, I might be a bit more hesitant.
3. Do you consider yourself straight, gay, bi, or something else?
Straight I guess. I've never had a romantic relationship with anyone, so it's hard to say.
4. Have you ever been kissed? If so, describe the first time.
Several times in which it was for a joke or I was approached by some drunk. I don't count any of them as my "first" kiss because I want the real one to be with someone I care about.
5. Have you ever had sex? If so, describe the first time.
*blushes* No.

Drugs and Alcohol :
1. Have you ever been drunk? If so, describe your first time.
No, and I don't plan on it.
2. Do you like to drink on a regular basis?
Nope.
3. What sort of alcohol do you prefer?
The type that's so watered down that you can't taste that nasty flavor.
4. Have you ever tried drugs (mood altering substances)? If so, which kinds and what did you think of them?
Never.
5. What do you think of drugs and alcohol? Be specific.
I don't like them at all. Drugs especially. However, one drink every now and then is okay I guess, but no more than that.

Likes and Dislikes :
1. What are your hobbies?
I love painting and drawing.
2. Do you like to read?
Yes, on occasion.
3. What annoys you more than anything else?
People who mess with the ones I care about. I can't forgive that.
4. What do you find the most relaxing activity to do?
...Sleeping.
5. What kinds of things embarrass you? Why?
When people compliment me, or when people say my name a certain way. Anything romantic makes me blush. I'm like a little girl that way.

Favorites :
1. What is your favorite color or colors?
Deep greens, teals, maroons, and purples. But green is definitely my favorite.
2. What is your favorite time of day?
That's a hard one...probably just when the sun is setting. I love seeing all the different colors.
3. What is the most beautiful thing you’ve ever seen?
When I was a little girl I saw a painting that truly took my breath away. It was covered in dust in my closet, yet I felt like I could just step into it. My grandmother painted it.
4. What do you like to eat? What do you hate to eat?
I love apples! There isn't anything I particularly hate, though.
5. What is your favorite type of weather? Does any kind scare you? Slightly cool with a gentle wind. Weather doesn't usually scare me unless it's extreme.

Outlook :
1. Are you optimistic or pessimistic?
I try to look on the brighter side of things.
2. What are your religious views?
I believe in the gods, but I don't follow any.
3. Would you be able to kill?
Sometimes I think that if someone hurt a person I cared about I could, but in reality I would never be able to do it.
4. What are your views on sex?
Oh...um...it's a mystery to me...so...yeah. *flushes*
5. What, in your opinion, makes a successful life?
When you've met the person that you want to spend the rest of your life with.

Actions :
1. What is the worst and best thing you’ve ever done?
2. What is your greatest regret?
Not being at home when Scout's right hand man crippled my grandmother. I would rather have it been me.
3. What is your best/worst memory? All of them took place in my childhood, and I already spoke about them earlier.
4. If you could change one thing about your past, what would it be and why?
I wish I could have learned to stand up for myself, so that I wouldn't have been so severely bullied.
5. What are you the most proud of doing in your life?
Not crying at my grandmother's funeral. I wanted her to see that she didn't have to worry about me, and that I was all grown up--even though I was 15. I remember having to go far within myself to hold back the tears, as I sat there for hours. As soon as I got back into my room, I broke down.

Emotions :
1. How honest are you about your thoughts and feelings with others?
I don't like causing people any pain or worries. So, even if I'm ready to burst into tears I'll keep a smile on my face.
2. Do you have any biases or prejudices?
I try really hard not to judge people until I know more about them, but I am ashamed to admit that I have a very slight prejudice for the Inarta.
3. What makes you happy?
Being with people I care about, and doing things I love.
4. Who or what, if anything, would you die for?
I would die for my loved ones.
5. What makes you angry?
If you insult someone I care about in any way, shape or form. I might not be the most intimidating person in Syliras, but I certainly have the creative mind to think of interesting ways to get back at those people.

Relationships :
1. In general, how do you treat others?
I try to be kind and polite to everyone I meet.
2. Who is the most important person in your life, and why?
Well before I would have answered my grandmother, even if she's dead, because I really didn't have anyone in my life. It's different now though, because now I have Ash'eny
3. Who is the person you respect the most, and why?
Do you really have to ask? My grandmother, of course.
4. Do you have a spouse or significant other? If not, describe an ideal lover.
Oh...well *reddens* no. An ideal lover would be someone who I can relax around and who likes me for who I am. I don't care much for looks, but I'd like someone who is kind, and who shows compassion.
5. Do you trust anyone to protect you? Who, and why
*stiffens* I'm not some weepy maiden who needs others to protect her. I won't win in a fight, but I don't like relying on people too much.

Group Situations :
1. Do you tend to argue with people, or avoid conflict?
I suppose I try to avoid conflict--but it usually finds me anyways.
2. Do you tend to take on leadership roles in social situations?
*Laughs* I'm not the kind of person you'd want to follow. Although now that I think about it, I'm not the kind of person who likes following either.
3. Do you like interacting with large groups of people? Why or why not?No. If there's a lot of people I tend to shut down and not talk to anyone.
4. Do you care what others think of you?
Hmmmm...yes an no. I want people to like me, but when it comes down to it I follow my own set of rules. In other words, I won't do something simply because everyone else is doing it.
5. What do you think of others, in general?
I think that others tend to be good people, but I'm aware that there are certainly exceptions.

Self Image :
1. What is your greatest strength as a person?
My ability to accept others easily.
2. What is your greatest weakness?
My greatest weakness is not showing weakness. It's not good to always bottle things up inside in front of other people. But that trait is part of who I am.
3. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
I wish I was the kind of person who made friends easily.
4. Are you generally introverted or extroverted?
That's hard to say. I think I'm a bit of both.
5. Are you generally organized or messy?
Depends. My room looks quite neat, but if you go to where I paint it's a mess.

Beliefs :
1. What God or Goddess do you find most appealing, if any?
None of them really. I believe that you should solve your problems yourself instead of whining to some higher power.
2. Which God or Goddess do you fear, if any?
None. I don't follow any, so I don't have a reason to fear them.
3. Do you have any Gnosis Marks? If so, how did you receive them?
None. But I'm actually kind of grateful for that, I don't want someone else meddling in my life.
4. What lengths would you go to to please your deity?
The answer to this question is obvious.
5. Where do you draw the line at pleasing your deity? What is too much?
Next question please.

Life & Death :
1. What do you absolutely live for?
Painting.
2. What is the best part of life?
Living.
3. What is the best part of death?
The peace that comes with it.
4. If you could choose, how would you want to die?
When I'm old, in my sleep, after finishing all my paintings. I've always found unfinished paintings to be very sad.
5. What is the one thing for which you would most like to be remembered after your death?
I'd want to be remembered for making a painting that truly affected the people who saw it on an emotional level. The type of painting that is so powerful that it can bring someone peace of mind, or cause a life changing decision. I think it would be nice to be able to do that after my death.
As the sun colors flowers, so does art color life.
Avalona
Player

Words: 37980
Joined roleplay: July 6th, 2010, 2:48 am
Character sheet