[Plotnotes] Jabari Dreamchaser

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This forum is an OOC forum for PCS and Organizations to work out plans in hardcopy. Each PC or Organization gets a single thread where their players can help work out plans for their PC. Quests, mini-sagas, and Trips can all be organized here as well working out timelines and points of travel and things PCs need to do along the way. Each PC however gets only one Plotnote for their individual PC. Groups get one as well. There is no limit on individuals posting saga or trip plotnote threads. Please denote [PC Plotnotes] or [Group Plotnotes] or [Quest/Trip/Saga Plotnotes] when titling your threads.

Postby Jabari Dreamchaser on June 2nd, 2013, 4:41 am

In the coming seasons, I'd like to have a variety of short and long term goals written down for Jabari. For now though, I will use this section of the forums to remind myself of one simple thing regarding plot:

Keep an open mind.

You have no idea where each new thread will take Jabari as a character, or you as a writer. So put the map of Mizahar away and stop planning your next destination until you've given things a chance to develop in character.

Oh yeah. And have fun!
Table of Contents:
A Note to the Storytellers
Last edited by Jabari Dreamchaser on July 6th, 2013, 7:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jabari Dreamchaser
to know without knowing

Words: 46515
Joined roleplay: April 25th, 2013, 3:10 am
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Jabari Dreamchaser on July 6th, 2013, 7:49 am

A Note to the Storytellers

I want to produce plot, not consume it. (thank you Tarot)

It is unlikely that I will request a modded thread unless some unavoidable storyline arch requires it. I promise I'll do my best to self-mod (with your permission of course) tales that are on the trivial side of the spectrum (acquire a job, the random purchase, taking over the world, taking a shower) Please note that my request to handle such threads on my own are made in an attempt to be selfless and not out of some sense of superiority. I play quite well with others I like to think, and tend to prefer collaborative storytelling over solos. However, you all are busy enough with everything that you do and I'd rather avoid adding to that workload when able.

Now then, if you ever find yourself following the teenager's adventures thinking "Man, I've got a really cool idea for a storyline with Jabari. It's too bad he has never asked me to run a thread for him." PLEASE! ... *ahem* please, do not hesitate to send me a PM. It's not that I don't long for storyteller attention just as much as the next player, but I am already going to be taking up your time with random questions and grade request. Best not to press my luck.

And if I am being completely honest with myself and those of you reading along, there is indeed a selfish reason for this as well... it may have even seeded my whole philosophy. When the day does come for the Chaser of Dreams to need a moderated thread, I'd like to be known as someone who hasn't really taken up much more volunteer time than anyone else. Maybe then, I can finally have Jabari grow fox ears! learn to fish.

Many thanks to all the volunteers of Mizahar who keep this site running so well. It has been an amazing experience so far and I look forward to what the future holds.
Jabari Dreamchaser
to know without knowing

Words: 46515
Joined roleplay: April 25th, 2013, 3:10 am
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes